RCU Forums - View Single Post - New member.
Thread: New member.
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 07:21 AM
Lonnie Hyde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaddwata
Welcome back Lonnie and thank you for your service!

Things have certainly changed over the years but there remains so many niches where one can do as little or as much of a build as they desire. Some choose to build from plans. Some make their own plans. Some buy a wood kit (Zippkits.com have a number to work from) and customize as they go and others buy glass boats or full custom ready to run. Most still do it for social running though there exist many clubs around the country where racers meet.

Certainly dont hesitate to let us know if theres any questions we can help with.
Thank you for your kind reply. I love your forum name. It reminds me of the military field rations that we used. They were a dehydrated package of food. The instructions were, "JUST Add WATER". Thank you for your willingness to assist me if needed. I must look at the fiberglass boats now. Due to some physical limitations connected to the military service and some recent past medical issues, I can no longer build a kit boat. "It is all good". There a lot of wonderful fiberglass boats out there, that I know I would be delighted with. I have never worked with this type of boat before, but I think the basics will still be the same. I know there will be some differences and that is one of the main reasons that I wanted to join your group. I believe that this group will help keep me on the right track, possibly advise me on correct hardware, materials, best way to go about rigging out the boat. These kind of things will help me not make costly mistakes ( I hope ). I really do appreciate any and all advise and directions in these areas. Best regards, Lonnie Hyde.