RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU vs RCTech.net?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 12:54 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
im a button pusher and jokester by nature so i was constantly stirring the pot. i was having problems with users and moderators in the off topic forum. the moderation was nowhere in sight until snowflakes started tattling (that later seemed to turn into an epidemic of butthurt goodie two shoes snitching). then 2 days, a page and a half, and self moderation later a mod would show up and maybe edits might be made, and maybe punishments might be handed out, the incent would grovel and things would slow down for a week or so, then things would get back to normal again. and that cycle would repeat inconsistently and really good threads would get deleted because of it. then i started noticing if you gave anyone (mods or users) crap about it you ether got threatened with punishment or were just ignored, then i started noticing mods cracking on users and that was ok. and that's a double standard i don't tolerate. so i didn't care anymore and really started pushing buttons and they eventually they kind of shadow banned me (deleted all my posts and while i was still able to make posts they never showed up) so last night, while drinking, i realized it was a zero G environment and consequence free and decided to finish off my account with a bang. posts were made, a PM was sent LMAO so now im completely signed out and all my bookmarke's are deleted. im done. only reason i put up with it was because it's where everyone from Ultimate RC ended up after JANG shut it down (i no longer think it crashed, i think he intentionally tanked it) and this place was dead. now this place is getting use and everyone seems chill, so ill take my 24+ years of RC experience and interest in more than one brand/genre/discipline/scale and hang out over here with it.
That’s one great thing about RCU; there’s a whole lot more civility here than most forums. Not to mention there aren’t hundreds of posts about toy grade junk that everyone “mods” to the hilt for one reason or another like there is on the other big RC site.

It’s sad - most people have gone to some extent... a little crazy... and that’s only getting worse. Everyone needs to take a chill pill.