Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

MARUTAKA cessna Skymaster Kit questions

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

MARUTAKA cessna Skymaster Kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 08:04 PM
Rcpilot1948

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I meant to say wing tip washout.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:09 AM
pl365322

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rcpilot1948
Sorry I meant to say wing tip washout.
Ciao Rcpilot.I just followed the plan and wing profile without bother of the wing tip wash-out.The wash-out,if I remember, is built in the wing.Due to time restriction and,for s

ome years now,health problem,my 336 never flew .
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
C337MA~2.bmp (1.64 MB, 59 views)
Old 04-19-2020, 05:18 AM
Rcpilot1948

Ciao Flying frog, after framing up the wing, I sighted down the wing from tip to root and it looked good but when I sat the wing on the fuselage, it appeared to have washin instead of washout. I'll have to fix that.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:08 AM
i_soar
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the details with the lights, really nice model.
Since you guys are talking about the skymaster, perhaps I can help since I am nearing the end of my build. Let me know if you need any measurements. For mine I don't see any washout.

I have a question for you guys, Are the wing struts functional or just a scale detail? What did you use as a muffler, I am looking at a pitts style from Bisson mufflers for the OS 55ax in the nose. I have electric in the rear.
I also varied from the plans and put 3 Hitec HS125 wing servos in the horizontal stab and just ran the wires down the booms rather than dealing with linkages and short rudder movements.
Before I start finishing, let me know if I can help with any info.

​​​​​​​John
Old 04-20-2020, 07:19 AM
Rcpilot1948

Hi John, according to my instruction sheet, the struts are not functional. They're just for looks. I'm using two OS 46 engines with Bisson Pitts mufflers. the rear engine has a reverse Bisson Pitts muffler. I'll try to send a photo showing the rear facing exhaust stacks. I've not posted pictures before so let me know if it works.
Bill
Old 04-20-2020, 07:39 AM
Rcpilot1948

Hi John, Sorry I couldn't send the picture. But check Bisson's website for more info.
Bill
Old 04-20-2020, 09:49 AM
i_soar

Bill,
Thanks, I just ordered the Bisson muffler. Don't have to worry about the rear muffler since the rear is electric. Motor should match the power of the OS in the nose. Made a long rectangular tube for the battery that is accessed by a hatch under the rear motor. The tube is long enough to allow battery to be moved up to a point forward of the CG, gives me some adjustment wiggle room. I figure after take off I can throttle back on the electric if I want. I guess I will have to read my instructions again, looks like I missed the note on the struts.
John
Old 10-07-2024, 04:30 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey, bump for 4 years . What was everyone's weight. I picked one up and it is a heavy bird compared to the plan specs. It is coming out to 14 lbs! I have a OS .55AX in the front and a Magnum XL 40 in the back. It needs a lot of nose weight up front. So going to see about cutting down some of the wood from the back.
Old 10-07-2024, 06:11 AM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That does seem a bit heavy, is your receiver battery as far forward as possible? Have you put a bug heavy brass spinner hub on the front engine?
checkout the royal group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/share/g/hwMx4ApYb5j4pN36/
The following users liked this post:
rowdog_14 (10-07-2024)
Old 10-07-2024, 09:06 AM
i_soar

Mine came in with battery ready to fly 11.36 lbs. No special build just out of the box except for 3 thin wing servos in the tail.

John

The following users liked this post:
rowdog_14 (10-07-2024)
Old 10-07-2024, 09:25 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by i_soar
Mine came in with battery ready to fly 11.36 lbs. No special build just out of the box except for 3 thin wing servos in the tail.

John

looks good. Thanks for the weight confirmation.

Originally Posted by I-fly-any-and-all
That does seem a bit heavy, is your receiver battery as far forward as possible? Have you put a bug heavy brass spinner hub on the front engine?
checkout the royal group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/share/g/hwMx4ApYb5j4pN36/
Thanks, will check them out. Yes two 6v batteries up front and still needs a lot of weight to balance.