Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Power system for Old Timer-ish electric glider

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Power system for Old Timer-ish electric glider

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Old Neophyte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power system for Old Timer-ish electric glider

Hello! I built Controlline and stick-and-tissue FF models in the '70s, but am just now getting back into modeling - hence the handle.
I'd like to build a Dynamo 400; it was an RC electric design that appeared in RCM in November 2000. The design is based on the Dyna Moe rubber FF design from the late 30s, but enlarged and adapted for RC electric. The electric motor specified in the magazine article was a Graupner geared 480 swinging a 11x8 folding prop. My search on the interweb leads me to believe that the power system is no longer available so I'm looking for an alternate.

Specs on the Dynamo 400 are the following:
Wingspan: 55.75"
Wing Area: 400 sq. in.
Weight: 25 oz.

I looked at the E-Flite Conscendo; the specs are similar and replacement parts (motor, ESC, and spinner/prop) seem to be available.
Wingspan: 59"
Wind Area: 405 sq. in.
weight w/o battery: 29 oz
motor: 3226 970kv
ESC: 30A
prop: 9.5x(?) folding with spinner

Do you think these parts would be a good fit on the new model?
Would appreciate any advice.