Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Painting my P51D Topflite "Bunnie"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Painting my P51D Topflite "Bunnie"

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 06:07 AM
gonzalobures

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Painting my P51D Topflite "Bunnie"

Started the painting of the model. Using Behr silver bullit water base paint(not really a metallic paint but excellent for coverage and ease of applying).
Started with the lower cowling to test paint tone and application. Painted also the dummy muffler and red nose design. Piantes the Tuskegee Red tail including elevators and rudder.
Will retouch the panel lines with black felt tip.
Will continue by removing the graphics to paint the fuselage with the Behr silver bullit water base paint. Once satisfied with the product, will install the graphics, redo panel lines in the Beher paint areas, make the rivets on top of the graphics.
That will end the fuselage painting.
Then comes installing full scale cockpit and canopy.

Old 05-22-2024, 01:37 AM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you go blind yet with all those rivits? LOL Nice job. Ive done 2 of the TAirmen P51s so far. Meat ball rap I and II
Old 05-23-2024, 05:26 AM
gonzalobures

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Ram-bro, have not gone blind yet although almost lost my index fingers and thumbs pressing the syringe to make the Elmer's glue rivets.
Did get from Amazon a set of blunt needle points and good syringes which make the task easy on my fingers. The blunt needles are assorted and the best one for this task is a 18 gauge. Is like driving a truck with power steering versus the ones I was using that is like driving the same truck without the power sterring pump drive belt and the front tires flat.
With this new flat needles the taskis done 100% more accurate with little or no stress on the fingers pressing for the Elmer's glue to exit the needle tip.
Yesterday I painted the fuselage and 4 flying control surfaces with Behr silver bullit paint and sponge rollers. Today I will paint the top side of the wing.

Old 05-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Showlinks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done!