Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

September issue of Model Aviation

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

September issue of Model Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2024, 04:52 AM
billlvrcs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default September issue of Model Aviation

I just received mine in the mail yesterday, October 11. The SEPTEMBER ISSUE. Anyone else get theirs this late?
Old 10-11-2024, 05:18 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

AMA sent me an email a while back, stating that the next issue will be running late.
Old 10-11-2024, 05:35 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 382 Likes on 308 Posts

Yep, they pushed it to social media and an email that the issue was behind. It should be caught up back to a normal schedule with the next issue.
Old 10-11-2024, 05:45 AM
billlvrcs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got it, thanks. One of my flying friends asked me the same thing. We can wait! Here is another topic, a few days ago my trainer with Futaba servos and a Tactic Rx was dead in the water. Thrott, Rudder and elevator servos dead as was the receiver. I may have incorrectly charged it on the Lipo mode. too much juice through the charging port and it may have been turned on. Yesterday I installed new servos and a new Rx, did the low voltage long distance range check, all is well. Will find out today at the field! Cool day in Eastern Pennsylvania.
Old 10-11-2024, 07:32 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by billlvrcs
Got it, thanks. One of my flying friends asked me the same thing. We can wait! Here is another topic, a few days ago my trainer with Futaba servos and a Tactic Rx was dead in the water. Thrott, Rudder and elevator servos dead as was the receiver. I may have incorrectly charged it on the Lipo mode. too much juice through the charging port and it may have been turned on. Yesterday I installed new servos and a new Rx, did the low voltage long distance range check, all is well. Will find out today at the field! Cool day in Eastern Pennsylvania.
I did something similar, a while back, and it will take me a long time to forgive myself for plugging in a 3S Lipo into a Rx/ESC combo that required a 1S battery. Instant flash and puff of smoke. Fortunately, the circuit was broken before the juice got to the servos. My forehead is still red from me smacking it.