Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Pat King 45% Flying Fool

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2024, 02:35 PM
AJ Sun

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Pat King 45% Flying Fool

Well I’ve been talking about this long enough. To day I got out the kit, it’s later cut and the wing parts separated really well. Long to start the Fool as my winter project. This year. Only issue is where is the plans. I had them out and was studying them and now where are they. Been really side retracted my wife broke her hip and has been really thru it, doing better but I still need to be real close to assist in any way I can. As soon as these plans are found I will start the wing construction.AJ
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
AJ Sun

Well got the plans located and did a quick review, did my parts inventory, one sheet was missing the wing bow for the lower wing.not a big deal, I will assemble the lower wing first, really nice plans
, but as usual a few got ya places. The wood is nice but again the wing ribs are too thin to, my liking. The align ment holes are nice but I will use a Dowel perfect fit and, I think it will do a lot to beef up that lower wing. The lower strut attach also uses dowels as the entire assembly they look to be about 1/4 inch dowel, nice addition! So far so good. Plans are full size, and came in four sheets. This is going to be fun! AJ
Old Today, 11:12 AM
AJ Sun

Well the bottom wing is getting the glue. Decided to thin the Sig assembly glue and brush it on along the spar so it will wick in place. I was talking to another builder and he suggested it was a great way to assemble with a Toung and grove. The trailing edge and top cap on the front spar looks great had to do a little sanding the four center ribs of the bottom wing are covered in sheet Balsa. Noticed a knoch was cut in the center thinking the fuselage strut was attached, but it’s not, just one of the got Chas! I may use 32nd ply on both sides of the spar. In that area, to strengthen that spot. Best study the plans again being three fairly large sheets I’ve hung them on the walls so it’s better to study as I assemble. I shall return! AJ