Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

just went to order my wingbags from...

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

just went to order my wingbags from...

Old 04-12-2003, 05:30 PM
davey_flyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just went to order my wingbags from...

Wingbags.com and their shipping charge is highway robbery! Sure $8 to anywhere in the US is pretty good, but theu want over 3 times that much to mail them to canada! $25. I paid less than this to get my 5lb engine shipped from the US. What a total rip-off. And these bags are very light and can be folded for shipping, I think that's very unfair business practice. Now I'll have to find another supplier for wingbags.. Anyone have any ideas?

Thx.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

www.wingtote.com

they can custom make any size bag for you, just send them an email. I got there bags for my h9 edge and there top quality!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Matt-RCU

waaaa waaaaa waaaa waaaaa crybaby
Old 04-13-2003, 02:16 PM
davey_flyer

yeah that's a great way to do business Matt, I'll be sure and let everybody know how you handle customers.

Shortman: Thanks for the info, I ordered a set yesterday and they were very helpful and professional.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:35 PM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Davey_flyer

For wing bags, just use the material they use to hang on the inside of moving vans or on the inside of elevators when you move. I'm sure if you go to an U-haul outlet they will have some for purchase or even talk to one of the guys out back maybe add some foam of your choice, carpet underlay what ever till you think you have you enough padding then fold the bag in half put a zipper on it and a couple straps for handles and your off to the races. Shipping from the USA is a p.i.t.a. for us CDN's so just improvise a little bit.

Grinder.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:04 PM
rcpilot44

Check out the Wing-Tote brand bags at Towers website. They just went down in price too. I own two of them and am very happy with them.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:39 PM
A320driver

Best wingbags out there, AirWild. Look like nothing else out on the market, durability is outstanding. Which ever wing bags you choose make sure they are using the correct foam to line them. When you squeeze the foam between your fingers you shouldn't be able to feel the beads, if you can it is not going to give you wings much protection. Customer service at AirWild is also second to none.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:30 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

I got the wingtote bag. It is really nice and keeps my wings in great shape! Like RCpilot44 said, the price at tower is great right now.

HTH

Joe
Old 04-13-2003, 11:31 PM
kkshazzam

I have been looking for a set of wing bags. Wingbags.com would have been a good option until I saw this less then mature message.
Thanks for the heads up Matt.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:34 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Try Wingprotectors.com . Good people.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:00 AM
LUNATIC

Originally posted by kkshazzam
I have been looking for a set of wing bags. Wingbags.com would have been a good option until I saw this less then mature message.
Thanks for the heads up Matt.
DITTO!
Old 04-14-2003, 03:24 AM
davey_flyer

I'm actually very surprised by the lack of professionalism from this company, I wonder what the owner would think of such an attitude?
Old 04-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Originally posted by Matt
You know I am looking for wing and tail bags for my Cap...
I'm so glad to see how wingbags does business. I can't wait to tell everyone in my club about how Matt runs his business.

I will sing it from the rooftops, tell everyone I know.

I would'nt buy from his company if someone paid me to.

Ever.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:11 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt, you could have handled that better. I have had 2 sets of your wingbags. I was the one that gave you the original measurement for the Troy Built extra 260 and some size changes to the FC 330L. I really like your bags. But that post was harsh and completely unprofessional.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:22 AM
rcpilot44

Customer service in the USA is diminishing. How many times do I buy something from a store and the cashier gives me my change and doesn't even say thank you Then you see remarks made by this business owner and it is unbelievable. I do not want to say that all businesses provide poor service but they are the ones that stand out.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:32 AM
Jleyland

Geeez you guys oughtta lighten up- You'd think the sky was falling......
Old 04-14-2003, 04:39 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree Matt's response was a tad blunt.

However, davey-flyer, is it really necessary to publicly trash a company when you don't like their pricing or shipping policy?

A simple "no thanks" then shopping elsewhere would be sufficient.

Shipping to Canada (and I do a lot of it) requires additional paperwork, postage and time at the PO. Fortunately my products fit in small boxes or envelopes so additional postage is not much. For US shipments I can do it all in my home office and hand it to the Postman, for Canadian I have to make a trip to the PO (even in my small town can total an hour away from production).

You guys should give each other a break.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:15 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Dick,

I agree with you. It is a pain to ship to canada, I just wish Matt would have stated it the way you just did. Matt does not need to apologize or justify his prices for shipping. Compared to others his prices are very good..
Old 04-14-2003, 05:38 AM
matlok

WOW - if that's really the Matt from wingbags.com - that's a pretty rough way to handle being trashed. Even if you're right/justified/etc, I don't think that's the way a businessman should hande things. Not that you shouldnt feel that way, but you should keep it to yourself and explain things in a civilized manner. Looks like I might need to call Caroline instead......
Old 04-14-2003, 11:09 AM
davey_flyer

Dick T: I hear what you're saying, however, I posted here because I actually could not believe the shipping charges were real. With the response that I got it seemed that Wingbags could not be bothered shipping to Canada, hence the inflated charge. I am well aware of the processs of shipping to Canada and filling out an export form is not complicated and takes less than 5 min. In addition, shipping to Canada by USPS would cost marginally more than the standard $8 cost, so 3 times this for shipping to Canada is absolute robbery. I think it's fair to let anyone who may be interested know that WingBags.com charges highly inflated shipping charges for Canadians. It's tough enough ordering items from the US with Canadian customs often charging Duty, Sales Tax and "Handling Fees". Then add the original cost of the item and 40 for shipping? Obviously it's expensive enough as it is. If you were ordering your wingbags and the company was trying to charge you $40 shipping when you know it doesn't cost nearly that much, how would you feel?
Old 04-14-2003, 11:20 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well,
Right or Wrong, the customer is always RIGHT. At least that's the way we treat our customers. We will go out of our way to turn a customer around. - most businesses will have to survive these days.
RickP.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
kkshazzam

Right or Wrong, the customer is always RIGHT.
Now that is the kind of business that I want to give my money to!
Do you make wing bags?
Old 04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Kitman
My Feedback: (13)

Default Gentlemen

I have been buying wingbags from Matt from the begining, I believe in his product. I can not atest to the shipping costs to Canada, but I know his shipping costs are not a profit margin.
Although I agree that the responce was uncalled for, the forum was not the place to discuss it! Private e-mail or phone. Those of you how choose to go other places are miss informed, how do you judge 1 unhappy customer against 1000 happy customers. His product speeks for itself, or the top flyers in the world would not be using them! Make your own judgements.

Kitman
Old 04-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Default Re: Gentlemen

Originally posted by Kitman
I have been buying wingbags from Matt from the beginning, I believe in his product. I can not atest to the shipping costs to Canada, but I know his shipping costs are not a profit margin.
Although I agree that the response was uncalled for, the forum was not the place to discuss it! Private e-mail or phone. Those of you how choose to go other places are miss informed, how do you judge 1 unhappy customer against 1000 happy customers. His product speaks for itself, or the top flyer's in the world would not be using them! Make your own judgements.

Kitman
Kitman, just for the record. I have not made my decision to not do business with Wingbags.com because of one persons dissatisfaction with shipping costs.
My desicion to not do business with Wingbags is SOLELY based on the owner of Wingbags comments here in this thread.

And for what it's worth, in my opinion, this is the perfect place to discuss issues of manufactures customer service, or lack of.
Shipping costs have nothing whatsoever to do with his rude comment here in this thread.
His comments reveal his true nature on how he feels people should be treated, and I'll never trust him or any company he represents based on that alone.
The quality of the product is not in question here.
There is however, a question of the integrity of the owner of the company.

Note, these comments do not reflect the opinions of RCU in whole or in part.
Just mine, an avid RC'r who spends too much money in this hobby to risk being treated poorly by any company.

I hope I was clear.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:33 PM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

Makes me wonder how many compinies out there really do care for how their customers feel? Is it all a show when we talk on the phone? Thanks Matt for bringing out your True Colors and letting us know that you really do care. *cough cough*

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.