Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

hey rotarydoc, I did happen ti find a small enough allen key for the part I was using, was working at the hobbyshop today and was looking around at inventory and one of the microheli mainshafts for the cp pro had an allen key that fit perfect.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:59 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

It depends on how much the regulator can handle for the electronic device. If I had the brand name and part number of the regulator I could look it up. The ones I have used are around 9-12V. This is getting into the stuff I haven't learned at school yet and more with the stuff I taught myself. So I don't know if that is the only thing to worry about or not.

Evan,

Going cheap on the electronics won't make the helicopter fly as good. The cheapest good servo for the B400 would be the Hitec HS65MG. It is analog and not digital like the JR DS285. I think the HS65 is around $30 each, the DS285 is around $35 each, and the DS285MG is around $45 each. These are off the top of my head, so the prices could be off.

Glenn,

Are you planning on using two B400 batteries in series for the T500?

Helistyle,

Have you tried clicking "Click here to upload images and files" just above the Ok button at the bottom of a post to upload pictures?

Nick
Old 11-07-2008, 05:11 PM
HeliStyle

after I upload a file how do I get it in the post?
Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Evan T.

Heli,

It won't show up in the post until you send the post then it will be on this thread when you read it.

JPEE,

Thanks for the link but I think I'm just gonna use the e-flite one because I'm getting it for the stock charger anyways.

Glenn,

Thanks for the help with the supply I now am going to get the c505 for Christmas or something

Nick,

Thanks for the reply about the servos I wasn't wanting to go cheep on them I was just wondering which was the cheapest of the ones that most people get
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

YIIPPPPEEEE!!!

I go to pick up my new T-Rex 500 ESP tomorrow!!

I can't wait!!!

It was the last one they had, so I went ahead and paid for it over the phone, and I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow...

Nick, Yeah, I was planning (hoping?) to use the B400 packs in series...they are 2100 mAh, so they should be good. Maybe not great, but it should work I'm hoping for 5 minute flights?

I am going to need an EC3 2 into one adapter for the battery hook up. I would rather do it that way than put Dean's on all my packs. I'll probably use Dean's when I get the "real" batteries for it...

I am so excited!!

Still at work, I'll write back when I get home..

Talk to you guys soon...

Glenn
Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM
HeliStyle

new heli
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84903.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1067410  
Old 11-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Evan T.

Heli,

That looks like a nice little heli you got there I like the aluminum can't wait to see it fly.

Glenn,

I didn't know you were actually going to get it I thought you were gonna wait
Old 11-07-2008, 06:11 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That little heli looks pretty cool! Glad you figured out how to upload it for us to see. I looked at it earlier on your profile.

So, you get your servos and stuff soon? I guess a few more days on the DX6i?

Cool that you sold some guitar stuff...and maybe can get a B400 soon? That would really go nice with the DX6i!

Evan,

Yeah, I know..LOL!!

I don't know who's worse about changing their minds...me or Heli!!

Actually, my paycheck was better than I anticipated, and I forgot that I have 5 paychecks this month, instead of the usual 4...so that helps alot too...

You are very welcome for the charger advice. Hope it helps you make up your mind. I really like my C505 alot, but I am sure there are other nice ones out there too.

Glenn
Old 11-07-2008, 06:11 PM
HeliStyle

damm a 500, I gotta jump on the bandwagon soon, and get a bigger heli, congrads on the 500, I knew you couldn't resist it lol its heli fever
Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 PM
HeliStyle

the dx6i should be here tommorrw, I hope lol and I was going to get the servos today, but I'm going to wait untill I get the metal upgraded head assembly and everything is back together, I just spent 100 bucks today on an aluminum pitch frame, swashplate, blade grips, and some small stuff, after everything is in, then I will get the servos at work
Old 11-07-2008, 06:26 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Thanks, I can hardly wait to start building it.

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and get it after I stayed awake last night thinking about it until 2AM..LOL!! I decided if I ever want to get any sleep, I might as well just give in!! LMAO!

That is great on your DX6i...can't go wrong with that radio, for sure!

Yep, you NEED a bigger heli...soon!! LOL

Glenn
Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
HeliStyle

well I thought I would show you my little walkera 4#3b, seriously has helped me out alot, people also say if you can fly this you can fly anything, I luv this heli alot lol I thought I would show you guys my two heli's since I never post pictures and I kinda just got my digital camera charged
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68010.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1067420  
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

Now I gotta decide on a tail servo. As I think I explained to Jeff earlier, the battery setup with 2 x 3S packs will end up being tail heavy...or so I have read. That would make me want to lean towards a lighter servo like the 3500G or the 9257...but as Jeff said, it seems about a 50/50 split on what most guys are using. Seeing that I am not going to be doing any hard 3D any time soon with it, also makes me lean towards a lighter servo.

Do you guys see any issues with mixing brands.. i.e. a Futaba GY401 with a JR 3500G servo? Or should I really try to stay with the Futaba servos and use the regulator?

I am most definately going to try to get the GY401 tomorrow also...I was going to "fudge"it for a little while with a G110...but as you guys know, going cheap on the electronics doesn't pay off!

Glenn
Old 11-07-2008, 06:33 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Nice little bird ya got there!

I can kinda see about being hard to fly...on the sim, they are incredibly hard to fly! I am always all over the place when I fly that heli!

Would you say the Walkera is harder to fly than a stock CPP?

Glenn
Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
HeliStyle

to tell you the truth they are prob about the same as far as hardness of flying, well before all I could do was hover the cp pro, then after about 1 month of flying the walkera 4#3b I took out the cp pro and could fly it was ease doing spins and normal scale flying, they are neat little heli's for a fixed pitch heli
Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

LOL....I've got ALOT of videos to watch tonight...Finless Bob has a 19 video long build section on the T-Rex 500 on the HF site!! Yikes!

Looks like a late night!!

Glenn
Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

Very nice heli's...! Thanks for posting pics of them. I hear ya talking about them, but never had a picture in my mind of what they looked like....Cool... Your getting quite a fleet going on. I see a B-400 in my crystal ball for you.

Glenn ~

SWEET...! That's all I gotta say.... So I bet the party is at your house tommorow night eh ?! Tell me how she flies Saturday morning....LMAO... You know your gonna whip that thing up flight ready within a few hours ! Maybe I'll send ya mine, so you can go ahead and Git R Dun for me also...LMAO... Cool.... I'am so excited for ya...plus we can share adventures and lies.... I think I'am going maybe with the smaller servo for starters also... I wonder where a guy gets the canopy for the ESP at for the 500... I can't seem to find one anywhere... Maybe because there still new or something...

But..... There is still a mission present at hand in regards to the Rex 500... Yes, I know you got yours now....BUT its not over until our dear friend JPEE gets one.... We need to now talk him into getting one now ! Maybe our videos will deter him into acquiring one also....

Man I hope you can sleep tonight ! YIKES....[8D] Alright.... So get the bench cleaned up and the tools ready... Stock the fridge with some brew maybe also... Keep the coffee pot on, and well.... Lets see....Oh.... Park the 400, as you may not look back.....

Congrats Glenn.......!........

~ Jeff
Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey guys,

LOL....I've got ALOT of videos to watch tonight...Finless Bob has a 19 video long build section on the T-Rex 500 on the HF site!! Yikes!

Looks like a late night!!

Glenn
Yikes... I suppose I should probably watch that also...! I'll see ya there.... Are you bringing the popcorn, or am I ?!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:28 PM
HeliStyle

lol i hope that crystal ball is right, b400 is next, im happy you guys helped me out with trying to upload photos, been on this thread for awhile and just found out. Party at glenns tommorrw, I bet you aren't sleeping at all for the next week
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM
HeliStyle

park that 400 and sell it to me lol you might put a 4 sale sign on it, and I would be the buyer
Old 11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
JPEE

Thanks Nick.........JPEE
Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 PM
JPEE

Glenn, you lucky lucky guy. Good for you!!!

JPee
Old 11-07-2008, 08:17 PM
HeliStyle

wow we just hit 100 pages
Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the inspiring post!! Well, I have to GET the thing first...the Hobby Hangar is in northern VA, near Dulles Airport. Quite a hike....there was NO WAY I was going to try to go around the DC beltway tonight in rush hour traffic...so I have a nice 100 mile round trip to pick it up tomorrow. But, I don't mind a bit...no biting my nails wondering where my package is, and the crappy USPS tracking, and worrying if they messed up and left it on the doorstep, where it might get snagged...I just go tomorrow and pick it up!

I just got the "Y" connector with EC3 terminals on it, since I'll be using my B400 packs in series...I'll post a pic of it. I also got the male EC3 for the ESC connection too.

I am most likely going to pick up a GY401 and servo along with it tomorrow....might as well!!

Funny you should say that, I kinda like the stock canopy in yellow almost better than the ESP one...

They were very cool at the Hobby Hangar, I wasn't sure if they would hold it for me like that...otherwise it might have been sold out from under me...since it was the only one they had! I noticed that Heli Direct is also out now, along with Ready Heli too....pretty hot little heli right now!!

Let me send this...

Glenn
Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah that has crossed my mind...I MIGHT not need TWO B400's after I get the Rex....it depends on how well I like it. Some guys say once they fly the T-Rex 500, their 450 size helis collect dust!

But, I don't want to say for sure...it's nice to have a couple of "crash test dummies" in case I make another attempt at 3D anytime soon!!

The T-Rex 500 is going to be flown very gently at first...that is for sure!!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.