Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:37 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Dave,

So, the way that is easiest to push the link on the ball is the WRONG way....correct?

In other words, it should be HARD to press the link onto the ball?

That makes the most sense to me?

Glenn
Old 11-08-2008, 11:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Don't worry they do... The "A" faces outwards... The only hairy part is putting those ball links and attaching them on your flybar control rod... You'll see how to do those by the clear illustrations in the manual...Also like Dave said you can push them on to see which way is easier, or if you have really good eyes like myself, you can actually see that one side is smaller in diameter than the other... The "larger side goes and pushes into the ball" "the smaller is outwards" This is for ease of placing them, but also safety so they don't pop off in flight...

If you forced the smaller end onto the ball, well then the larger outer diameter side will be facing outwards, in which then it would be susceptible (SP) to popping off... The manual like Dave said sometimes will just confuse you... The 500 is very similar to the 450, and I won't really even go by the manual... It just is a bunch of mumble jumble.... And yes Finless is also your best bet, along with Trex-Tuning... And better yet... The forums !

~ Jeff
Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Dave,

So, the way that is easiest to push the link on the ball is the WRONG way....correct?

In other words, it should be HARD to press the link onto the ball?

That makes the most sense to me?

Glenn

Glenn ~

Opposite of that... Because also remember... If the smaller (Not the A) part goes on the ball, it would provide to much stiffness also... Binding would take place in otherwords... They wouldn't be able to move freely with the motion that is required for them... Along with the other reasons above that I just listed...
Old 11-08-2008, 11:55 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the input..I'll watch Finless...which I should be doing anyways!!

I'll be back in a few...LOL

Glenn
Old 11-08-2008, 11:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

If the smaller (Not the A)
Oops... I suck at explaining things ! LMAO... But the smaller is the part with the "A"...LOL...
Old 11-08-2008, 11:58 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heh.... Nicks finally here.... He explains things much better than I could.....WHEW....
Old 11-09-2008, 12:26 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I watched Finless, and I checked the other links...and Finless says the "A" is out on those links...and the links work like you and Dave suggested when I checked some other ones...they click on easier when the "A" side is out...so the diagram in the manual is wrong...but I'm tellin' ya, it clearly shows the "A" facing inwards!!!

Oh well, I guess the manual isn't perfect!!

I just wanted to be sure!

Thanks again for all the input!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:27 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was trying to get a picture of one of my spare links, but my camera couldn't focus on it. But on the side you push the link onto the ball there is a circle around the outside of the ball. Then the side with the A always goes on the outside. And usually there is a number on the other side that faces towards the ball. Then on your flybar cage I like to have the links facing the opposite way. Like for the washout arms the A faces away from the ball. Then the link above that on the pushrod I have the A facing the other way. You can also stretch the link hole out if you put it on backwards.

I want to make a comment on one of the other posts, so I will be back.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 12:34 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you had good weather going down to the hobby shop and that you had a great time there. Too bad there aren't more places like that.

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Nice choice on the Hyperion charger... I hear good things about them... Pretty soon your gonna have a whole buttload of chargers laying around like me...LMAO...Oh well... The more the merrier I suppose... Plus good deal on getting another pack built...
Jeff,

I have 7 and counting:
CX charger
CPP charger
Super Cub charger
Accucycle charger
Tunder Power charger
The soon to come Hyperion
And almost forgot a charger for my RC car

I might get another Hyperion charger and get a cable and hook them up together, so I can charge a 12S battery at 10A.

Yeah you were right that it took me a long time to read all your posts.

Helistyle,

Cool to hear you got the DX6i today. Have you tried programming it to the V3 yet?

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 12:43 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Oh you might want to add some green loctite on the shaft for inner race of the bearings for the vertical drive gear for the torque tube. I just add a little drop on the shaft and I spread it around on the shaft, so there aren't any big glops of it to get in the bearings. Then after that I just slide the bearing over that.

And look real close at the suggestions in the manual. In past builds I looked over those and had to redo a section to make it right.

Good to hear you are enjoying the build.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 12:49 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

Oh you might want to add some green loctite on the shaft for inner race of the bearings for the vertical drive gear for the torque tube. I just add a little drop on the shaft and I spread it around on the shaft, so there aren't any big glops of it to get in the bearings. Then after that I just slide the bearing over that.

And look real close at the suggestions in the manual. In past builds I looked over those and had to redo a section to make it right.

Good to hear you are enjoying the build.

Nick

Thanks for the tip Nick..... Its funny, but I have a text document that is labeled "Nicks Tips".... So everytime you offer advice or helping tips in something I don't know, I copy it and paste it to the document for future use.... As I just did with the above paragraph added to your last tips on the TT install a page back or so.... Keep them coming....Don't be shy....LMAO... Thanks again.... Very much appreciated.....

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 12:49 AM
evdreamer

Glenn and Jeff,

Your 500 blades are still cheaper than my 600 ones. I have seen them in the $80-$100 range. I sure would hate to crash with that expense.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 12:51 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn and Jeff,

Your 500 blades are still cheaper than my 600 ones. I have seen them in the $80-$100 range. I sure would hate to crash with that expense.

Nick

Yeah huh ! My dad has SAB blades on his 600 and they were about $100.00 yikes ! And all the others I've ran across in various places were like $95.00... Ouch there !
Old 11-09-2008, 12:53 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks...and congrats on the new charger, and batteries. you'll be set to have some long flight sessions with the 600 now!

The build is going great, except for as you probably read, the links for the grips are shown wrong in my manual...hey, just for grins, can you get your 600 manual out and look at the head section for me, just out of curiosity?

OUCH on the 600 blades... yeah, I'm going to check out Helidirect tomorrow and see about some fiberglass blades to start out with...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:55 AM
rotarydoc

Oh, and Nick,

The manual or Finless doesn't say anything about grease or lube on the dampeners....Eflite tells you to lube the dampeners with vaseline? I guess it's a different design with the Eflite using orings?

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:57 AM
rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

I am done now with the head except putting the aforementioned links on...and the flybar paddles. It looks like I have the option of using flybar paddle weights...they screw into the paddles themselves...pretty cool, and probably a good idea for me at first, a little more stability.

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:59 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff, Nick,

Yeah, and you can bet with all that rotating mass on a 600...the blades are probably NOT going to survive any impact with mother earth, or anything else for that matter...LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 01:05 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Here is a photo of my manual. It shows the number facing out, but I didn't do that. I did the A facing out.

I didn't lube the dampners either. Did you have a little black spacer to go in between the two dampners because the 600 did?

I don't think you will need the flybar weights. The 450 was pretty stable for me without the weights on and the 500 is bigger. And the 600 didn't even come with weights. Cool to hear you are done with the head assembly.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96338.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1068467  
Old 11-09-2008, 01:19 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks!!! Now maybe Jeff can understand where I was getting confused!! The links do definately go with the A facing out...the manual is clearly a misprint...

Nope on the lube on the dampners, the manual or Finless didn't say anything about it...so I didn't.

My spacer is white. Had a heck of a time fiinding it...I was looking for a metal sleeve!

What is cool is that it would be very easy to try the paddle weighs, since they are so easy to install and remove, they screw right into the paddles...

Thanks again, now maybe you guys can see why I was confused!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 01:23 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

You don't have to post it...but the page before the one you posted (where they are installing the grips) has a clearer picture of the "A" pointing in...

I just need to put the paddles on, and the head will be done.

I really love these Align drivers....very nice set....and the phillips must be a JIS, because it fits the B400 phillips screws better than any driver I have.

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 01:33 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

See what you think about this...on the paddles, I don't think they are for weight...but it's weird that they are optional....seems like you would definately want to use them...or the paddles are way loose on the flybar...

Jeff, here is what I was talking about in the manaul that was so confusing...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12028.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1068477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49366.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1068478  
Old 11-09-2008, 01:39 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Do you have a pic about what you are talking about with the weights?

Is building a helicopter from a kit easier than you thought it would be?

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't see your pic when I was writing my post. I think the metal part through the paddles has the threads in it, so it would probably be hard to secure the flybar. I have the same part on my paddles. My manual shows the same paddle design, but doesn't say it is optional.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 01:45 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I beat you to it...see above on the flybar pic...

I am really enjoying the build very much!! Some of the instructions could be better, but if you look at it long enough, you can figure it out.

It's definately alot easier than the GMP Cobra build, I can surely testify to that !!! LOL!!!

The quality of the parts and fasteners, etc is way beyond what I was expecting...everything is top notch stuff...man, the blade grips are smooth as silk...and not even a HINT of any slop...what a difference!!

Let me know what you think on the flybar paddle set screws...any reason you would not want the paddles securely mounted to the flybar?

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 01:49 AM
J-MICHAEL

Geez.... I go to get my power supply hooked up and trying it out, and you guys are here writing a novel...LOL...! Yeah I see what your talking about now Glenn with the "A" situation...No worries....

Yeah I never lube my dampners also... I tried it a few times before, but had bad luck with doing so... It seems it weared the dampners faster, and also at high head speeds in the 450 they would actually pop out a tad from the housing... Stopped lubing them, and all has been well for quite sometime... Speaking of which... I need to go and see if CY sells his True-Blood dampners for the 500....

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.