Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 01:50 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

After I install these setscrews in the paddles, I think I will stop for tonight. I'll get up and start fresh by watching the next Finless vids on the build tomorrow and go from there.

I'll still be online, but I am at a really good stopping point...

The build has been alot of fun so far...I wish I could get a job doing this and get paid for it...LOL!!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 01:55 AM
rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

My kit came with two types of dampeners...gray and black...I went with the gray, I think they are softer...and will have less cyclic response...it said the black ones were for 3D...

Looks like the next step is the frame....that part should be easy compared to the head, I would think.

Then the torque tube, I'll probably have to ask a few questions on that there, Nick...LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 02:00 AM
J-MICHAEL

Then the torque tube, I'll probably have to ask a few questions on that there, Nick...LOL!
Ditto...... I'll have my BFH standing by just in case........ [8D]
Old 11-09-2008, 02:03 AM
rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

Mission accomplished!! One completely assembled Trex 500 rotor head.

I probably could have had it done hours ago....but was too busy on RCU sharing with you guys...but that's what makes it fun!

LOL with the BFH on the torque tube Jeff...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86142.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1068487  
Old 11-09-2008, 03:31 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

Mission accomplished!! One completely assembled Trex 500 rotor head.

I probably could have had it done hours ago....but was too busy on RCU sharing with you guys...but that's what makes it fun!

LOL with the BFH on the torque tube Jeff...

Glenn

Sweet Glenn...! I'll send ya mine now... I've been browsing Heli-Direct for the past hour or so...LMAO... All eye candy... I like the 500 Airwolf fuselage... Whew... 609 grams though. But I'am sure the Heli could push it. Pretty cool with retracts and such.... The one reason I'am glad I went with the AR7000, as I never know where I'am heading with these things ! I really need two... One for a fuse, and one for a regular 3-D ship.... Now accepting donations........ Just E-mail me....

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 03:35 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am having trouble reading anymore posts right now. So I will read the recent ones tomorrow.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 05:34 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Hek.... Its 2:30 A.M. and I can't sleep...LOL... But anyway, I thought I would do some research in regards to Glenn's LHS guys not recommending the JR servos for the Futaba gyro's and here is one article on RR that is saying that your 8900 G could blow by running it on a Futaba gyro ? Not sure... But I don't want this to happen to you on your 600 because I remember you saying your running the GY240...

I've also came across many other sites in saying this... The frame-rates are different... This could explain why even the Futaba servos (The good ones) run at 4.8 v's it seems... More to read here... Just google "JR servos and the GY401" and other key words and you'll come across some good info and sites... I bet ya haven't even seen what that gyro can do yet just from that 240 huh ? Tell the folks ya need that early Christmas present earlier...(Spartan gyro)....

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t450260p1/

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Carljw

I have a question on the Trex 500 batterys. Trying to talk the wife into getting me one for Christmas. I know the batterys are 6cell and think you can use two 3 cell together some how.
Trying to keep the cost down at the start. How do you connect two 3 cells together and where do you get the connecters at. I have a B400 and 4 batterys two E-flite 1800 20c. One Thunder power light 2100 15c and a E-Force 1800 20c. Also have a Spektrum AR6200 would that work on the 500. Then I would only need 4 servos and a gyro.
Carl
Old 11-09-2008, 10:16 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

lol yeah 140 pages of dx6i information, sounds like tons of fun, evdreamer I haven't programed it yet due to the v3, being in pieces I'm waiting on some parts in to come in, I ordered new main shaft, spindle and tail shaft, along with aluminum blade grips, pitch frame, rotor head and swash plate
Old 11-09-2008, 12:15 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Nice choice on a next heli...

One of the beauties and selling points for me, at least is how versatile the Trex 500 is for battery selection. You can use a 6S (cell), 5S, or a combination of two 3S packs in series. If you wanted to use your B400 packs, you could go the way I did, and get an Efite part# EFLA EC308...which is a "Y" connector for conneting the two packs in series, thereby making them into a 6S pack...sort of.

In your situation, the 1800's are going to be extremely stressed, since the lowest anyone recommends is two 2100 packs....the heli will fly with those packs, but not for long!! You could expect about 3 minute flights or so...to keep the batteries safe from over-discharge.

Also, DON'T try to mix the other two packs, the 1800 with the 2100....you need to keep the same mAh rating at minimum, and preferably, the exact same packs if possible. So that would leave you with 1 set of batteries...

Not what you probably wanted to hear, I know...but the batteries are still much more affordable than a 600 size electric...

From what I am hearing, a nice battery is a 5S pack, at about 3000mAh....which will set you (and me) back about $180 a pack...just food for thought before you make the plunge to a 500...alot nicer heli...but as they say, you gotta pay to play...LOL!!

Hope this helps...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

This is the Eflite "Y" connector I mentioned, to give you an idea...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:20 PM
rotarydoc

Forgot the pic....LOL, still waking up from last night's marathon build...

Glenn

Name:	Hf98996.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1068679  
Old 11-09-2008, 12:25 PM
rotarydoc

Heli....

LOL...it's like reading a novel...

It's confusing as heck at first, but as you go through it, things will start to make more sense...don't expect to learn it all in one sitting. Also, you can learn a lot by just doing it...you can't learn it all by just reading...

One of the coolest things you can do with a computer radio, for example is....once you get a heli setup the way you like it...and if you want to check out different settings, experiment with things...you can make an exact copy of that model, and save it as another model (example, you would have model one being "Wasp V3".....and a copy of it, called "Wasp 2"...and you can experment all you want with settings on Wasp 2.....and never mess up your original settings!) Cool stuff!

Good luck, and bring on the questions, I'm sure between all of us, we'll be able to help ya out!

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:30 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the link....that is the wording I was looking for...FRAME RATE...that is what they were saying the possible incompatiblities were....but they didn't mention the servos failing so much, as the servo just not being used to it's full potential....but now I am glad I went with the Futaba, as now there should be no worries...

I'm already spending too much time on RCU....gotta go build!!

Talk to you guys...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Carljw

rotarydoc
Thank you for the reply,trying to keep the cost down to start. Mabey I will look into some bigger bats for my B400 that I can also use on the 500 also hooked together.
If I go with a 5cell I would have to get a new charger also. Down the line I will get a new charger and some 6 cells but don't want to put the wife into shock too soon. I got 4 helis now and I don't think she knows that yet. Thanks for the Y connector part number I will ck with Hobby Town and see if they have it. Think I will start collecting servos and a gyro a little at a time.
Carl
MCX CX2 CP-Pro B400
Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carljw ~

Yeah I also agree with Glenn on good selection if you do choose to grab ya a 500 in time... Batteries for it do vary, so that makes it kind of a plus ! As the manual states you can run a 6-cell, or a 5-cell, or even a 4-cell even, and some guys will even run two 3-cells in series to get them by among that... Its truly a one of a kind deal there as far as battery versatility...It all combines on what head-speed and flight times your trying to achieve. The manaul will even state which pinion to run for what battery configuration, and what your headspeed will become on an average... The kit already comes with a 12t and a 13t, but I also picked up a 15t and a 16t for running the 5-cells that I'll be pushing through mine... I'll be running the 16t in which the headspeed on the 500 will be insane and actually even higher than if I was running a 6-cell in the beast. Trex-Tuning also states this, and is also a help on your selection... Jason Krause even prefers the 5-cells for his crazy 3-d stuff, but yet the heli still shows its great stability features... Curtis Youngblood prefers the 6-cells... Its all your choice of where ya want to go with it and such...

Here is one of Jason's Videos with the Trex 500... He is also one of the designers of the Trex 500, 700 and a couple others... The battery he his running, is the same that I picked up for my 500 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQ56...eature=related

That will get your blood flowing a little huh ?!... Nice to see ya pop in here... I see ya on the board all the time...

~ Jeff

Name:	Gd93692.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1068703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19638.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1068704  
Old 11-09-2008, 01:10 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

My 600 batteries are just a little cheaper or the same cost as Glenn's and Jeff's batteries. But I am cheating and using A123 cells.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 PM
evdreamer

I am really enjoying the build very much!! Some of the instructions could be better, but if you look at it long enough, you can figure it out.

Let me know what you think on the flybar paddle set screws...any reason you would not want the paddles securely mounted to the flybar?

Glenn
I was dozing off most of last night, so I missed some of your guy's posts. Good to hear you are enjoying the build. They are a lot of fun for me too.

I use the set screws in the paddles. So I feel the heli is safer with them in.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 01:15 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think I have seen True blood dampners on Readyheli or Amainhobbies for the 500. I can't remember which one it was. Too bad they don't sell them for the 600, but I have some KBDD dampners for the 600 that should do just fine.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 01:19 PM
evdreamer

Nick, Jeff,

My kit came with two types of dampeners...gray and black...I went with the gray, I think they are softer...and will have less cyclic response...it said the black ones were for 3D...

Looks like the next step is the frame....that part should be easy compared to the head, I would think.

Glenn
Glenn,

I am also using the grey dampners and like the way it flies with those. They seem to be lasting longer than the 450 dampners did.

I will be glad to help out with your TT questions. I should be on most of the day. The wind has finally died down, so I might get some flights in.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 01:23 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff...

I NEED some of those packs!!

The bummer is, I only have 3 Eflite 2100's....not enough to even make 2 usable packs...so I think for now, at least, I'm gonna get another one...then at least I'll have 2 workable packs for the rest of this year's flying...which probably isn't bad...I don't think I need super power right now, and I'll probably be shaking like a leaf after a 4 minute flight anyways!!! LOL!

Got some chores to get out of the way, and then I start on the frames...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

LOL...I was wondering where you went last night...now I know! It's all good, I was done building for the night anyways...gonna get started here in a bit on the frames.

Yeah, I went ahead and used the paddle screws, makes sense to use them from a safety standpoint. I wouldn't want to be near the heli if a paddle flew off!

Cool on the gray dampeners, that is what I figured, since I am certainly not going to be doing anything to radical with the 500 any time soon.

I also want to get some flights in too...I haven't flown or simmed in a while!! Getting rusty!!

Talk to ya soon...

Glenn
Old 11-09-2008, 01:39 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah my frames went together pretty quick, so yours should too. I was looking at my 450 and 600 and it looks like my 600 has a smaller screw count than the 450.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 01:51 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

After I read your link I found this website http://www.rcmheli.com/gyros.htm Then right under the gyro it says not for use with Digital JR servos. After I read that the 600 is grounded until I get the correct gyro. Too bad the Spartans are all sold out. A couple of days ago I found one place that had them in stock. I should have hit the buy button on it.

Nick
Old 11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
evdreamer

I just went through 10 pages on google looking for the spartan and everyone is sold out except one place in Asia which I don't want to pay for shipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.