Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:22 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I just hooked up my FP battery to my TP charger and it showed an imbalance of .1V! That is unacceptable balancing of the FP balancer to me. So I am letting my TP charger balance my packs. I have seen the TP charger balance the cells within .005V before. So once the Hyperion charger gets here I will use that for the A123 batteries and use my TP charger for the rest of my batteries. Too bad since the Accucyle charger does a good job, but my balancers can't keep up. No wonder my two batteries puffed on me. Ok that is enough of my ranting.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:01 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here's how the Eflite packs will have to be mounted, they won't fit stacked up on top of each other....they should be fine like that...

I mounted the servos too...

Am I supposed to get this little gray thingie in the canopy holes??? LOL, it seems way to small for the hole...

Sorry again to hear about your battery issues...has to be frustrating!

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96472.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1069230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10757.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1069231  
Old 11-10-2008, 12:08 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah those grey canopy groment's (SP) seem tight, but there suppose to be, I just did mine while I'am downloading Finlesses videos, and I just got it started in the canopy hole, and then finished tucking it in with one of my pairs of long tweezers that I use for the RC stuff with a blunt end, so it doesn't puncture or tear the rubber gromment... They will tear easy if not careful FYI...

~ Jeff
Old 11-10-2008, 12:10 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah those grommets are a PITA to get in the canopy. But if you get a little bit of it in then pull on that while rotating the grommet and eventually it will go all the way in.

The batteries look good like that.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
J-MICHAEL

It was cool to watch the first video and having Finless state that he is going to use and prefers the HS-5245 MG digital servos, as those were the ones I chose also ! Good deal there... He also prefers the metal geared versions, as so do I.... Replacing gears in the servos is for the birds...LMAO...
Old 11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I figured that they went in there, just wanted to be sure, so I didn't ruin them...

Nick, thanks on the batteries...they should be fine like that.

I just ordered another pack like those, the TT rear gear set, and some of the $29 FRP blades....hopefully that will get me started..LOL!!

What is the deal with the crappy fit of the tail rudder pushrod guides?? The manual says to put scotch tape on the boom to make them fit correctly?? HOW BOGUS is THAT?? Hard to believe on an otherwise awesome kit....any aftermarket ones that you guys know of?

Let me snap a pic with the canopy and the rotor head on....will make me feel like I accomplished something!! LOL

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 12:29 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just put a little CA on the guides, so they don't rotate on the boom. I have also seen people put a little piece of zip tie under the guide.

Good to hear you have the rotor head on. By the time I submit this post you probably will have the pictures up.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
rotarydoc

Well, here's a pic of as far as I'm going tonight...

I'll have to tinker with it a little bit each night this week...like Jeff is planning on doing....

It'll be later on in the week for the blades and battery anyways...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21647.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1069245  
Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
evdreamer

Oh I forgot I changed the settings on G4 and I think the Trex 600 flies just like mine when I changed the battery, servo speed, and headspeed. And the 450 flies pretty close to mine now too.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah I hear ya there with the pushrod guides...LOL.. You can also use the toothpick method, where ya insert a toothpick end, and break it off, to keep them snug like guys do with the 600, but to me that's just to cheesy ! Half of this build and final assembly for me is looks to ! I don't want to be staring at a tiny piece of a toothpick on a waxed tailboom...LMAO... There is others you can get, but you'll have to do a search for them, as I haven't got that far on the list yet for Fridays order... I'am going to order Nicks little scale that he got from Heli-Direct awhile ago though... I've had that on the list for awhile now, and haven't forgot... I might get the one that's like his, but comes in a case to protect it though... Not sure yet... I sure like the pretty blue lights though !...

~ Jeff
Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It looks like you just need to setup the cyclic and tail servos, pushrods, and install the motor and other electronics?

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Well, here's a pic of as far as I'm going tonight...

I'll have to tinker with it a little bit each night this week...like Jeff is planning on doing....

It'll be later on in the week for the blades and battery anyways...

Glenn

It looks sweet Glenn ! I sure like those CF flybar paddles... Did you see the ones that come with the 500 CF kit ?... Holy crap ! There so funky !...LMAO... I'll be definately ordering those CF ones... Currently they are out of stock at HeliDirect though... Gee... I wonder why ?! Everyone is probably tossing those funky cold medina ones in the trash...LOL..I might have to order them through the LHS...

~ Jeff
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I like the blue lights on the scale too. It is great for weighing light stuff like electronics and small parts comparing weights, but it would be nice to weigh my helicopters and see what they weigh. But I will be going to Harbor Freight to get a Hot Glue gun for my next 600 battery and I am sure they have some bigger scales.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I think the carbon paddles are safer than the ones that come in the regular 500 and 600. I don't like the idea of using tape to cover the holes of the paddles.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah I like the blue lights on the scale too. It is great for weighing light stuff like electronics and small parts comparing weights, but it would be nice to weigh my helicopters and see what they weigh. But I will be going to Harbor Freight to get a Hot Glue gun for my next 600 battery and I am sure they have some bigger scales.

Nick

Yeah its opposite for me... I have a postal scale and another good gram scale, but not one to weigh something like a booger or something... It will be great for the MCX and just the tiny stuff in general...
Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 AM
JPEE

Hello Glenn,

Boy oh boy she looks great. You must be proud and EXHAUSTED! I am with you Glenn on the canopy colors I LOVE THEM unlike others who shall remain nameless.... Jeff LMAO, twice.

Reading this build blog all day has been something. You should have done the build on a live web feed like SKYPE and we could have been there with you live!

Nick, you have really had some tough breaks on batteries and then some. Hope to get to the bootom of the issue soon.

Jeff, you must sit on the floor Indian style to work on the heli's. Man there is that youth again.

Hope Heli gets to buy on of Glenns OLD DUSTY 400's

JPee
Old 11-10-2008, 12:49 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the compliments!

Nick,

Yeah, that's all that is left, heck, I haven't even looked at the motor or ESC yet...still in the box...I did peep at them...and the motor seems HUGE compared to what I am used to...can't imagine the 600's motor!

Jeff,

Man, you're slackin'....LOL! I figured you'd send me links for 3 or 4 different brands and styles of pushrod guides...LMAO!!

I'll just have to make do with tape or the toothpicks for now...just sent my orders, and I'm not going to pay shipping just to get those...I am certain that I will need to order some more stuff before long...lol.

Now I gotta go balance the checkbook...sigh...

I think it's going to balance out on the LIGHT SIDE....LOL!!!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 12:59 AM
J-MICHAEL

Hey JPEE....!

Glenn ~

Well I did know of these pushrod guides from Heli-Direct, but I'am not to hip on the color... But being there Delrin plastic you could dye them with like RIT dye that ya see at Wal-Mart or other common places of a different color like yellow,black,blue etc. etc. But also, I'am not sure if they fit any better or not....

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=7769

~ Jeff

Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Nice, but like you, they would have to be dyed anyways...but they are out of stock..so I couldn't have ordered them anyways...oh well, I'll just make do..

Like you, I want the heli to look decent too...I mean the whole rest of it is so well done...quite an oversight by Align on that one!

JPEE's here?

What you been up to JPEE...usually when you are quiet, you are up to something...LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 01:09 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Jeff,

Nice, but like you, they would have to be dyed anyways...but they are out of stock..so I couldn't have ordered them anyways...oh well, I'll just make do..

Like you, I want the heli to look decent too...I mean the whole rest of it is so well done...quite an oversight by Align on that one!

JPEE's here?

What you been up to JPEE...usually when you are quiet, you are up to something...LOL!

Glenn

LOL... Ya must have missed his post above.... I always go back and bactrack a few to make sure I never miss anything... Its probably easy to overlook some if you type the memo seperately maybe...
Old 11-10-2008, 01:27 AM
rotarydoc

Hey JPEE,

I missed your post...LOL

Thank you for the kind words! The heli would probably have been done, but I wanted to share alot of it with you guys...and it will be fun months from now to look back at the build...

Yep, I'm pretty exhausted...time to go to work and rest up, right?? LMAO!!

It's a great kit, and I have really enjoyed the build tremendously...a very great experinece for sure.

LOL, Heli just might end up with one of my B400's....but we'll have to see...no promises! Heck, I just learned how to do a major rebuild on one!!

Gotta get some sleep soon, I do have to at least BE THERE at work tomorrow!!

Man, I gotta sim or something, I have the urge to fly something!!! I'll do that at lunch time tomorrow...LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 01:39 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Ok.... So those Microheli pushrod guides are better... They offer little grub set screws to attach and secure them to the boom... Look here on MicroHeli's website, as there is a better picture of them with a better description... Oh.... There in stock also...

http://www.microheli.com/product_inf...roducts_id=663

Funny, as today just a bit ago I was also thinking I need to get on the sim also ! Here I'll have the 500 ready to fly in a few weeks, and I will have already forgotten how to fly its been so long....YIKES...

~ Jeff
Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the link...you have redeemed yourself...LMAO!!

I could live with those, nice and blue at least...and the screw looks like it makes a nice fit too...

I put the link in my favorites, thanks!

Gotta go to bed...work tomorrow....ARRGHHH!!

Keep us posted on the build!!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 08:27 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

I got a question for you guys, are you suppose to use green loctite on helicopter parts, I know I used to use blue loctite on all my rc cars on metal to metal parts. Now im putting together my metal head on my helicopter but can't seem to find anyone in the area that carries green loctite, can I use the blue on it?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 AM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, the blue loctite is fine for assembling the head, and anything with threads. The green is mostly used to "glue" bearing races in place, either on a shaft, or in it's mount.

The green loctite is hard to find locally, except at some hobby shops.

Anytime you are installing a bearing into a retainer of some sort, it's good to use a little green loctite, this will prevent the outer or inner bearing race from spinning in it's housing or on the shaft, which is not good.

The one exception to using blue loctite on threads is you only use it on metal to metal applications, don't use it where a screw goes into plastic. If you want to secure metal to plastic threads, use CA.

Hope this helps...

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.