Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:00 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

thanks so much for the help, I have been calling around all day for green loctite but no one carries it, but now im all set now that I can use blue on the head, hopefully I can finish up the head assembly tonight, I have been so beat I don't even feel like getting off the couch. Going to work today at 4:45am was a drag this morning lol how is the rex bulid going?
Old 11-10-2008, 01:36 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Glad I could help...and that you can finish your rebuild now.

I called it a night last night at about 1 AM....the basic helicopter is done, now it's on to installing and setting up the electronics.

I am in no hurry, as the soonest I would be able to test it is this weekend. So, I'll take my time, and do a little at at sitting this week.

Sorry to hear that you are working so hard...I know what you mean, when I have to work Saturdays, it just saps all of my energy, and basically ruins the whole weekend.

Keep us updated on the DX6i and the rebuild!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 01:42 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

It's lunch time here, getting ready for some sim time!

Well, I found something interesting....not only are the guys at Hobby Hangar quite knowledgable, they (at least Nate is) are pretty impressive pilots too...

Check out Nate's flying at VARCHA, a flying area in Northern Virginia, yesterday. He's flying his 600 Nitro...it sounds and looks pretty windy as well. The sound and video work is pretty good, turn up the volume! Nate was a huge help with the 500 purchase, gave me alot of good info.

http://www.helifreak.com/group.php?g...9&pp=10&page=2

It should be somewhere on this page, but may have moved down a page...it's the only YouTube vid in the first couple of pages.

Oh, and did I mention that Nate is 15? LOL, he's better at 15 than I'll EVER be!!

Enjoy!

Gotta do some SIM TIME!!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I assume Nate's username on Helifreak is "Lovemytrex"? If so that video was awsome. That would be a dream job working at that heli shop. Is he flying a 600 Nitro Super Pro? That almost made me wish I went Nitro with those flight times. But I like how reliable all my electric helis have been.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, Nate's HF name is LoveMyTrex...he's quite an accomplished pilot for sure! I am sure it helps that he works at Hobby Hangar too...probably gets a good discount on stuff and kits...but still, as you well know, it takes a lot of practice and skill to fly like that!

He seems to love his job there, and it shows when he waits on you, he went in depth about every detail I asked him about, and it was a very cool and relaxed place, a very cool place just to hang out!

He and the other guy I was talking to love nitro helis...the other guy has a 700...and he was telling me that he gets 8-9 minute flights, comes back in, refuels, and goes back out! He said that it's great because you can get so much more stick time in a session.

Nate says his Trex 450 is collecting dust..LOL, he has a 500 also. He has pics on his profile on HF.

Seeing that nitro fly does look tempting, doesn't it? LOL!

It's not that bad to clean up after, either, according to them...

Gotta go, talk to ya tonight...

Glad you enjoyed the video, I figured you'd like it, especially the nice auto at the end...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 03:58 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I just looked, and his canopy says "Nitro Pro" is there a difference with the super Pro?

Just curious...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Carljw

rotarydoc

Will the wife gave me the ok on the Trex 500 so I just hit the order button but it's on back order.
I will be reading about your build and been watching Finnless Bobs vidios to keep me sane till it showes up
Carl jw
Old 11-10-2008, 04:28 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

Good job convincing the wife! Congrats...that will probably be the hardest part..LOL!

You can't beat Finless's videos for info, and instructions on the build.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress...the electronics are next...

Take care, and hope you can get your hands on one soon!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The super pro has more "bling" on it than the nitro pro. I was really tempted on the nitro version for awhile, but I am so used to the electric helis I thought it wouldn't be that hard to go with the 600ESP.

Carl,

What version of the 500 are you getting, the GF, CF, or ESP?

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Carljw

Glenn
Trex 500EP CF Combo Kit with motor esc/bec carbin fiber blades. I ordered today from Horizon
Hobby but it is back ordered. $511.00 shipped.
Carl
Old 11-10-2008, 04:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I could honestly see myself someday going to nitro, but it would only be after I am a much more accomplished pilot to justify the cost of all the support equipment, etc.

One interesting point I read on nitro is that the weight of the fuel tank goes down during a flight, changing the overall weight, and the CG to a certain point...

I'm getting ready to leave work for home...talk to ya then.

Carl, the CF version should be very nice...probably better in a way if you think you might have a few "mishaps" at first flying, the belt driven tail is a bit more durable than the torque tube with the gears that can strip if the tail hits the ground. Let us know when you get it...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Amainhobbies has the 500 CF with motor, ESC, and blades for $480+ shipping in stock. Helidirect does also, but it was more expensive. I have placed a couple of big orderes with Amainhobbies and really like them and they have fast shipping too.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/21617

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 05:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I have also heard that nitros CG changes if the fuel tank isn't right under the main shaft.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 05:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just did a quick flight with the Gaui in the garage since it is raining right now. I really like the FRP blades from helidirect. The response is so much quicker. I noticed my blades aren't tracking and it would be great to have that adaptor from the T250 kit to use a pitch gauge. I also hit the throttle hold switch at the end of my flight like I do sometimes on the 450 and 600 to auto them, but I forgot the Gaui doesn't auto very well (not at all). So the Gaui bounced a little and the blades scraped the ground, but there was no damage to them. So it looks like they are as tough as the stock ones.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Just sitting here contemplating what I am going to try to accomplish on the 500 tonight...not too much, as I'm kinda draggin' from the build marathon...stayed up a bit too late last night..lol.

I think I will;

Take the AR6200 out of the CPP.

Put the PITA canopy mount grommets in.

Install the ball studs onto the servo arms.

Mount the tail servo.

Maybe make up the links for the cyclics.

Sim.

LOL, we'll see...I have to make time for "Prison Break"....and "24"...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool on the quick flight, and the new blades. I would imagine that they are a bit stiffer than the stock ones, which are pretty flexy...

Yeah, I'll have to keep that in mind too for the pitch gauge..if you get one, let me know how it works out...

LOL on the auto...whoops! Oh well, at least no damage. Sounds like the blades are pretty tough. That is good to know, since I ordered FRP blades for the 500 last night.

Oh, and FRP= Fiber Reinforced Plastic ... Looked that up today.... Kind of a plastic alloy, so to speak.

Speaking of which, we had a long discussion/inquiry on that at HH (Hobby Hangar)....Align states that the DS510 servos use a "alloy composite" in the servo gears....yet the gears are plastic. We googled "alloy" and it can in fact be a plastic alloy, it doesn't necessarily have to be metal to be an alloy. So we are thinking that the gears are probably something along the lines of HiTec's "Karbonite" gears...so they could use those words to describe the gears....or maybe it's just a bad translation from Taiwanese to English...we never did decide...LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 06:01 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't think Align sells that adaptor seperately. Maybe they will once the 250 comes to the states. Yeah the blades are a lot stiffer than the stock ones. They are more like carbon fiber blades, but they can flex a very small amount. And they are very smooth like carbon blades.

Cool to hear about your servo gears.

I was checking the linkages on the Gaui and some how they are way off. So I am correcting those right now.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool, I am slowly making progress....snatched the AR6200 out of the CPP....poor little CPP...it's going to be a long, cold winter for it...LMAO!

Nate had a good point though, the pins on the 6200 will face upwards when the RX is mounted on the tray...but I think I'll have enough clearance to make it work well. I just hopefully can mount it so it's easy to bind.

I got the grommets in the canopy. Not bad once you do one....the second went easily.

I loosely mounted the tail servo...and got the servo arms out, getting ready to work on the ball studs on them.

Wonder why the Gaui linkages were suddenly off? Hope you radio didn't flip out like my DX6i did that one time...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

I feel sorry for the b400's and cp pro, but mainly for the cp pro that thing is going to be in retirement lol
Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I have almost no clearance on the 600 for my wires on the AR6200. I would have more room if I put it on the bottom receiver mount, but then I would need servo extentions which I don't want to use.

You are getting closer all the time to finishing the 500. I know you will love that heli once it is in the air.

I have no idea why the links were off. Maybe I over looked it with my first setup. But the settings in the transmitter are fine.

I am charging my Gaui battery on the TP charger and it is so slow. I am used to the fast charge with the A123 cells.

My gyro for the Gaui came today, but it is at the post office. I kind of like having them keep it until I can go pick it up. But I want to wait until the Lohr's mount comes to put the gyro on.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Evan T.

Well I make my order for the b400 and everything with it tomorrow and then get it on saturday I'm so excited LOL there is also a really nice brushless mini-t there it's a car lol that I like for 250 but I'm focused on the heli I guess because if I buy that than I know I will be out of helis for a while but it's so nice for that price that I wish I could have both lol that would be nice to have to play with when my b400 is grounded but so is the cx2
Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Cool to hear about the B400.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Evan T.

Heli is it easy ring interested in minis and helis at the same time or are you still into them I see you making post on the mini-t thread all the time well I've always wanted a brushless mini t. I had a mini t a few months ago but sold it my micro t and cpp. I still race my jato 3.3 but that's something I already have so I use it
Old 11-10-2008, 07:27 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli...Yeah, I don't imagine that the CPP is going to see much action any time soon...especially after I fly the 500, so everyone tells me...that receiver was way overkill for the CPP anyways...only reason I have it is because it came with my DX6i, but I'm glad I have it now...the Trex 500 needs and deserves it...lol!

Evan....that is awesome! Hope it comes in on time...are you going through the LHS, or online? We'll be here to help ya out when you get it, just ask...

Nick...cool that your gyro is here, and the mount also. I haven't looked at the clearance for the receiver yet...just got done mounting the tail servo very close to where it will be, and adjusting the pushrod length. Hey, those little holes in the side of the frame, between the bearing blocks...
it looks like I could use them for wire ties to secure/route the servo wiring inside the frames...is that what they are there for? It sure looks like they are in the perfect places to route the servo wires?

I'll be back in a few...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I'm getting it at the lhs but they put in their order on wedsday morning so I have to call tomorow and place it it's a pretty big list to LOL I hope they order everything and the owner randy said he could get me a deal on it so hopefuly he is there when I get it or I hope he remebers lol then I might have some extra money if I even get enough lol because my order is like $560 plus tax and minus the deal if I get one hopefully

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.