Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official HPI E-10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
vios8820

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

QUick question here...
planning to convert to touring
so i need a freaking fast system ..

before i change it i would like to ask..

anyone kills their e10 drivetains ? with brushless ?
or i just keep it for drift don't waste money for the brushless ~

thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 02:57 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mine is a brushless drift car the stock setup just doesent cut it for drifting propary, i havent had any problems but its only been brushless for 3 weeks now

keep in mind for touring car racing with tight turns its better with the motor up front (drift)
moving the motor is just some wanky thing hpi came up with, it really does not that much of a diffrence if any at all
Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Victorpictor

" hey dont let the snow stop u, ive spent manny night drifting out of the kitchen into the family room, then around the coffee table. its only 2 turns but its fun, my wife hates it but my son loves it."

I'd love to, but we have doorsteps in every room, so it's impossible.
Every sunday local rc drifters come together in a mall's parking garage, I was there twice and it was fun. They make a track out of markers and duck tape. I try to visit them as often as I can, and see if I can get any better.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:49 AM
FireFrenzy

Any updates on those alu spur gears?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
NitroRX7

Hello, I ordered my E10 and it should be in soon. I would like to make it into a rally car. My question is, what do I need to change to make it tougher for rally? I dont plan on doing any insane jumps and that kinda thing but I do want to run on dirt courses and maybe take small jumps and things like that. I know the tires must be changed seeing I got the 95 dollar ARTR drift model...anything else as far as the shocks springs or ground clearance? Thanks for any help...I have had few rc cars but want to try my hand at a rally car. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:16 PM
momogt

what would be a good brushless motor for a e10 i was looking a 10.5 or a 13.5 im not looking for alot of top speed but something fast and fun
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 AM
FireFrenzy

well the recommend getting the HPI suspension things for rally, and i use an 9t ezrun system which is great fun (and very cheap:P)
Old 01-15-2010, 09:21 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: NitroRX7

Hello, I ordered my E10 and it should be in soon. I would like to make it into a rally car. My question is, what do I need to change to make it tougher for rally? I dont plan on doing any insane jumps and that kinda thing but I do want to run on dirt courses and maybe take small jumps and things like that. I know the tires must be changed seeing I got the 95 dollar ARTR drift model...anything else as far as the shocks springs or ground clearance? Thanks for any help...I have had few rc cars but want to try my hand at a rally car. Any help would be much appreciated!
hummmm... sounds like fun, not to shure the E-10 would make a good rally car even compared to the 20 year old tamiya DF01 chassis
the biggest problems are going to be the lack of ground clerance & lack of caster.
im using the upgrade hpi shocks & have rasied my car but its still only has about 10mm ground clerance. (could be raised another 4mm) even then i dont think it will have enuff ground clerance, pluss the springs in the stock & upgrade shocks are way to hard. i cant explaing how excessivly hard these springs are for off road & the car does not have unuff sag on the shocks or even enuff travel, in short it would handle like it has no suspension & going over bumps it would lift wheels of the ground & get stuck on the chassis.

it could be done tho, all u would need to do is make a rally track that the terrain does not change by more than 10mm but good luck with that, most older out door pavers change by 4mm & thats a flat surface

i would problary maby look into the yeah racing shocks not the hpi ones, might get more ground clerance
Old 01-16-2010, 02:19 PM
NitroRX7

Thanks for the great info!!!! Well I got the e10 in and I think ill keep it drift...I really dont have the space or location for rally. I do have a question though...I have the smooth drift tires that came with the E10....anyone know how to remove them???? I want to lip mod the stock wheels.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 PM
sour_patch_kid

i just got my 2nd E10 ( my wife wanted one ) and im thinking about running foam tires on them to give us a little more grip were we run at. ( wal-mart parking lot )
what i have to ask is has any of you tryed the E10 on foam tires before? and is it worth it?

both cars have aluminum driveshafts.
both cars have venom 21d fireball motors.
both cars are running on street tires.

why im asking this i have noticed that both cars have a really bad front end push entering the corner.
and the rear end like to slide exiting the corner. ( almost like its drifting )
it doesnt bother me but the wife dont like it. once it starts to slide she loses contol and spins the car out.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:39 AM
phmaximus

Foam tyres are great, heaps better grip than rubber ones, only problem i found thay dont last long & what ever u do.... dont do doughnuts, it rips out chunks of foam from the tyres making them bumpy.

all u can really do to make it handle better with out upgrades is try the motor in the other position, it might suit her driving better.

sounds like the rear springs are to strong, If u guys are in to handling I would recomend the HPI brand upgrade shocks & sway bars, that would be a good starting point then adjust the spring tensions accordingly, but depending on how good u want it, a few diffrent tension springs might help to get the ballance even better again
Old 01-24-2010, 05:40 PM
istundra

Hi,<div>
</div><div>I've had my E10 for some time now and have upgraded the motor to the Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC &amp; 4600kv Brushless motor w/ 20T gear.  With the brushless motor, i've also upgraded the shaft to aluminum.  Other then aesthetics, the rest is pretty much stock.</div><div>
</div><div>Anyway, i upgraded the battery to Lipo 2 Cell 5000mAh and now, it seems like my rear differential is slipping.  Took it apart and it looks like it is the rear differential.</div><div>
</div><div>Do you guys know if the differential is a problem for the E10?</div><div>
</div><div>Thank you,</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>
Old 01-29-2010, 06:22 PM
phmaximus

nar thats a new one, havent seen any problems in the rear diff.

whats wrong with it? anything broken?
Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
NitroRX7

Is there anyway to remove the stock drift tires on my e10 wheels?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:06 PM
phmaximus

dont see why not, have u ryed cuting them off?

I found the best way to fit them was soak them in boiling/hot water i a coffee cup. So i gess u could try this to remove them.
here try this

boil the kettle, 1/2 fill a cup of water, soak 1 wheel at a time for about 3min, caution wheel gets hot, ware some dishwashing cloves to remove the wheel from the hot water, now the tyre should feel "soft", now slowly work of the tyre evenly all the way around to get it off the rim

hpi recomend using a hair dryer to heat it up, but i dident have much luck with that
Old 01-30-2010, 08:38 PM
NitroRX7

Thanks!! Now are they like standard abs or do they have some sort of lip on the inside to lock them?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
momogt

i put  a hot racing 48p 78t aluminum spur in my e10 with a 48p 20t robinson racing pinion and other then the sound of the gears i love it its handle the power good i have a 13t trinity kobal motor with 10 degrees of timinig and it runs cooler then when it had the stock spur and is faster to in ready to go brushless now somthing simple like a ezrun 9 or 10t
Old 01-31-2010, 06:18 PM
prontozuk

Has anyone tried getting a Tamoiya TT01 body to fit there E10 as I really like the SX4 rally body.. I know the wheel base is almost spot on however it is the body posts.

Thanks James
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
istundra

Yes, with my brushless 4600 kV motor and 20T teeth, i have pretty much destroyed every gear in the drive train. Plastic spur is gone. Front and Rear differential is stripped too.

I got new parts coming in for Locked Diff on the rear, One-Way for the Front, new diff and spur gears.

I hope this should hold up.. otherwise i'm gonna downgrade the motor for this chassis. <br type="_moz" />
Old 01-31-2010, 11:02 PM
momogt

the aluminum motor mount is next for me i have one from hot racing its for the drift set-up but i wish the ebay seller would have stated that because im more into touring so i will get the hpi mount
Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
jayjayb96

sup everybody,

im pretty much a newbie in the rc world. i got  a couple of rc cars: hpi rs4 3 drift, rs4 3 evo, and two e10s.  Its alot of fun using the nitro rcs cuz theyre way fast than the e10 but its also annoying to have to keep putting in fuel every 15 mins.  Basically, i've already done some mods to one of my e10s and i love drifting it but I want a lil bit more speed and power. Ive read through this thing back and forth about twice and I dont think i want to go brushless yet, but I was thinking about putting a 15t motor in my car. I already have a 21t motor with an lrp 12t esc, aluminum drive shaft, alu main shaft adapter, strut tower braces, etc. but I was basically wondering if I throw in a 15t, how fast can it go and would I have to change the gearing? any recommendations?

thanks
Old 02-01-2010, 10:07 PM
momogt

yes a 15t would be faster i have a 13t in mine the gearing i would experiment to find out whats best for you and wont get your motor to hot but a hot racing aluminum spur thats 48p would be a good up grade along with a hpi aluminum motor mount
Old 02-02-2010, 02:51 AM
jayjayb96

ok sweet thanks Ill definitely do that. I think I saw that on ebay for 18 bux or so. do you think I have to change the pinion gear or can I still use the stock one? man I keep watching other e10s on ebay with brushless systems; it definitely looks temping haha. so how fast does your e10 go with the 13t? you said you mainly use yours for touring riather than drifting? For me, I'm just trying to find a good balance where I can do both but I've seen some peoples youtube vids that can do both on a brushless system and it makes me want it but when I read peoples posts about the gears stripping makes me not want to try it.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 AM
jayjayb96

Can someone tell me what gearing is for on the e10? Its probably a dumb question but whats the purpose or difference of having a 20t versus a 38t etc?</p>
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 AM
momogt

its pretty fast with the 13t alot faster then stock right now with thw aluminum spur my gear is a 22/78 but when i had the stock spur i went with a 19/65 because the stock spur is a 65t i dont know if you can use the stock pinion with the aluminum spur i had use a 22t 48 pitch robinson racing pinion because the spur is 48 pitch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.