Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

The mount isn't here yet. Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. I ordered it on Sunday.

Oh I forgot I just downloaded a Trex 600 on knife edge that looks just like the 600ESP, but it is a Nitro. So I guess it is more a NSP. But I like how easy the yellow canopy is to see.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

What kinda extra goodies are you getting with it for $560? Some spare parts, or tools, etc? Maybe an extra battery or two?

Sounds like fun!

I guess your birthday is Friday, eh?

You should have a very fun weekend coming up!

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hate to rain on your parade...lol...but tomorrow is Veteran's day....a Federal holiday...no mail...

I kinda figured that in when I ordered my stuff last night instead of waiting until tonight... I got it going one day earlier.

I might need your advice on the tail servo arm ball stud position, the manual doesn't say much about it...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

If I was smart I would have seen I can pick up my gyro on the 12 on the orange slip from the mailman and not tomorrow. Oh well the weather is supposed to be pretty bad tomorrow anyways.

Yeah I will be glad to help out on the tail servo if you need it.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Carljw

Glenn
Let us know how you end up mounting the AR6200 I have one also that came with my DX6i and never been used. I think I am going to go with 3 Hitec HS5245 mg servos.
Not sure about the tail and gyro yet.
Carl
Old 11-10-2008, 08:08 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, sorry you missed the mailman. But if the weather isn't good, it won't make much difference anyways.

The tail servo question I had is that I was wondering what hole to use to start with on the arm...the manual shows it in pretty far, with it showing 2 holes on the outer end empty..which means it's probably 1 or 2 holes out from the middle. I will be using the Futaba arm, which has 4 possible holes, just wondering what to use as a starting point?

Carl,

Will do....I should know something about that in the next couple of days...I'm not going that far with it tonight. I'll try to remember to take some pictures of it for you too.

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

First try and find a hole that lines up close to 90 with the servo. I don't know if you are using a round or t shape servo horn. Then once you do that you can add subtrim to get it 90. Then start with the hole near the center and move the rudder to the endpoints. If you have it hooked up to the gyro make sure it is in standard rate which you already know. Then if the pitch slider doesn't move all the way to the tail grips keep moving the ball 1 hole away from the center until it does.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

evan, I still run my mini-t alot just not as much as my heli, brushless mini-ts are fun when you are flying down the street with a 3 cell lipo doing 45 mph on a 1/18 rc lol but overtime helicopters became my passion. I will never get rid of my mini-t actually I have two one for the wife and mine which has over 600 bucks into it, it all depends what you are into, where I live there isn't alot of rc tracks to race, I will eventually make one next year in my backyard but helicopters I find more of a challenge, takes time and I like that rather then a rc car anyone can use it. Not everyone can pick up a heli and fly first try
Old 11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
HeliStyle

im actually looking for a third job right now so I can buy more helicopter stuff
Old 11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Evan T.

Glenn

I will be getting the heli some spare parts power supply and some other stuff and I need some other stuff at the lhs for my other rc's
Old 11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here is a basic picture of what I'm thinking about using...the pushrod "wants" to be in the position in the picture, which is the second hole out...so I think I'll start with that...but I know what you are saying about finding the arm that comes closest to 90, once I get everything hooked up and I'm setting my 90's...

I also used the holes in the frame to secure the servo wiring in the other picture. Not sure if that's why they are there, but they work really well for that purpose...

Hope the pics help describe what I'm trying to ask/show you...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38220.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1069735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91581.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1069736  
Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
J-MICHAEL

Geez...! You guys writing a book here or what...?... I just got home from work, and it took me a good half-hour to catch up.... !

Glenn ~

Awesome video of Nate flying that nitro... Pretty cool stuff... Its electrics for me also. More punch... Cool your continuing on the build ! I finally last night downloaded and saved all of the Trex 500 videos by Finless... Whew... That was a process. LMAO... 23 videos which took a total of 860 mb's. But it makes it easier to look anything up, and I'll be watching them as I go through the build... I already watched all the way up to step 6 so far with his videos... Much more to go ! I did sand the frames on the outer edges at a 45 degree angle with some 400 grit and all the holes or spaces so to speak... He was right, there were some sharp edges on those CF frames ! But there smooth now, I don't want any wires fraying or anything...

Carl ~

So cool ya got a 500 on order ! That's the one I got also... The 500 CF combo, with the CF blades... You'll love it ! Start downloading them videos... It takes a bit ! I'am bummed, cause you got yours cheaper by a dollar... I got mine at the LHS here in Cali, and they wanted $489.00 for it... After tax, and out the door it came to $512.00 bucks. So you didn't do to bad. Its a bummer ya have to wait though... But that's alright. Better than no 500 at all huh ? Looks like ya may be giving the ol' lady some massages eh ?! LMAO... Yeah I'am excited for ya for sure... So cool... Hope you can sleep at night...LOL...

Nick ~

Don't ya love holidays ?!....LMAO... Sucks huh ? That's alright, you got lots to play with...

Evan ~

I miss my cars a bit, as there at home in Washington... I'll rip it up a bit, when I get back home ! Oh.... It's getting closer, and pretty soon you'll be smelling the scent of a new B-400...[8D]

Heli ~

I know your sleeping with that DX6i next to your pillow at night.... I'am telling ya, MCX for that beauty...

Gotta go eat dinner, as I'am starvin' marvin here... Not sure if I'll be doing to much with the 500 tonight, as I'am beat ! Talk with ya all probably later though...

~ Jeff
Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
HeliStyle

no finishing the head up for me tonight, to much to do and such will have to wait acouple of days, its a shame when you work two jobs and have no time luckly I can take breaks and fly the little one inside. I think I'm getting burnt out working at the hobby shop though, to much rc car and truck stuff
Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Dang, if you get a third job, you won't have any energy left to fly the helis!! It's up to you, that sounds very tiring!!

Evan,

Cool, the power supply makes it nice to charge the packs at home without a battery...very convienient. Yeah, you will probably want at the very least, blades, feathering shaft, and main shaft...those are usually the first to go...and maybe a flybar.

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

I also used the holes in the frame to secure the servo wiring in the other picture. Not sure if that's why they are there, but they work really well for that purpose...
That's what there for Glenn....
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I agree, with working at home depot and the hobby shop its been tiring, pretty much not much time to really do anything. The mcx's are neat and I would luv to get one but my next heli is a b400, I have two smaller helicopters and thats good for me
Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Evan T.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to get myself back into minis for a while Ill be busy with the blade 400
Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Just a bit of friendly advice...I used to work at a hobby shop part time for a couple of years...and I got totally burned out of RC completely! Just be careful, or your job will make you want to get out of the hobby...not saying it will, but it sounds like already you might be having some "symptoms"...LOL!!

When I quit RC and the hobby shop, it took me 15 years to regain my interest again...and even then, not in cars at all...

Just don't wanna see you get burned out of what you like doing as a hobby...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, I think you will find the B400 alot more fun to fly than the CPP ever was...and so you'll be alot more likely to stick with it...and want to get alot better with it.

It really helps to have a nice flying heli, rather than something like a CP, which can get frustrating after a while....right Heli???

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I use various holes in the 600 to run wires. Then I put double sided tape or masking tape around the edges just to be safe with the wires.

Jeff,

It looks like the only heli I will be able to fly tomorrow is the Gaui, since there is going to be ice on the ground or snow. I can't wait to try the Logictech gyro, because I don't want to leave the heli outside to have the gyro get used to the cold or heat. I like my 450 and 600 because I can go out in any tempature and the tail holds like a rock.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

It looks like the only heli I will be able to fly tomorrow is the Gaui, since there is going to be ice on the ground or snow.
YIKES... Get the snow ski's out for the helis ! I just watched the weather here for this weekend, and they say the upper 80's.... That's cool about the Logitech gyro... I didn't know that...

~ Jeff
Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah it has been in the lower 30's most of the week. Yeah the Logictech should have a better temp correcting circuit than the G90 and if I remember right it is only 1 gram heavier than the G90. And a lot of people use the Logictech on the T450 and love them.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I agree, the cp pro was fun, but frustrating at the same time, I could fly it decently but everytime I crashed it I would be like why am I rebuliding it. I can't wait untill my bulid is done so I can actually fly my new heli. I do however think im getting a bit burnt out of hobby stuff at the moment, I see and work with rc stuff to much in a week, im only doing it for extra money right now, I think if I had a choice I wouldnt do it.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

OK, getting ready to pack up the 500 for the evening...but before I do...another question!

Just got done installing the main/tail drive/one way bearing and main shaft, all seems fine, except the main gear has a lot of slop up and down, like it's some kind of cushioned setup...does that sound right? I can rock it up and down on the sides a pretty good amount. It came all put together, so I have to assume that this is the way it's supposed to be? Doesn't seem quite right, but what else could it be?

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 PM
HeliStyle

well guys im offically out of business helicopter wise at the moment, just had a crash with the walkera 4#3b and I destroyed the tail motor gear, I have every other spare part except that one lol looks like im going to be putting another 50 dollar order in this week for acouple of motors and such

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.