Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

BIG LAMA

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 AM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

Hey again Simon,

I have taken these two pics of my BOLs BL & Boardless mod - I hope they come up alright.
Still awaiting a servo extension cable (it will probably be in tomorrows post).

The pics shows the blue electrical tape covering the red wire that I have removed from the plug This is a totally reversible mod - so I am not affecting the sale of the mixer at a later stage. The "other" guys just snipped off the red wire[X(] - this is a mistake IMO as it means the owner has to rewire it before selling it on.......

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. I still like the switch idea the best - K.I.S.S. - less things to go wrong
P.P.S. If you want a pic with the blue tape undone but in situ so you can see the end of red wire - just ask[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Edit: PPPS. IF ANYONE FROM AN ONLINE STORE IS READING ALONG - I WANT A 2.4G Big Lama WITHOUT transmitter.............[sm=49_49.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45897.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1370927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32440.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1370928  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again Spiros,

I got two [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280445520767&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWNX:IT]Align T-rex 500 flybars[/link] in todays post. They are 340mm long - extra long inner shafts may be easily made from them - the two flat spots (near the hub) can easily be hidden just below the bearing housing and swashplate OK I will make another inner shaft to try it for strength on the weekend.................

P.S. At the same time I got a couple of [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280450031671&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWNX:IT]GE Power lipos[/link][sm=thumbs_up.gif] from the same seller........................

Name:	Ig13540.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1370933  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
sgbfly

Hi Peter,

That looks great - Thanks - i will use them when I revise the PDF guide over the weekend.

As an aside, I already have a nice pic of the extension cable mod with switch!

But if you get chance can you do me a another picture? ie. The other side of the mixer with one of the red wires from an esc plug removed. There is one in my guide (step 20) but I don't think its clear. Dionysus Design say this step is important so I want to improve my document.

Simon
Old 02-03-2010, 07:55 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: sgbfly
Hi Peter,
That looks great - Thanks - i will use them when I revise the PDF guide over the weekend. [img][/img]
As an aside, I already have a nice pic of the extension cable mod with switch! [img][/img]
But if you get chance can you do me a another picture? ie. The other side of the mixer with one of the red wires from an esc plug removed. There is one in my guide (step 20) but I don't think its clear. Dionysus Design say this step is important so I want to improve my document.
Hey again Simon,

Will do when I get the extension to play with - at the moment my time is taken up thinking and experimenting with my new Alien fuselage for the Lama4. Richard of Jarel Design finally came through with my bits and I have to create a subframe out of wood with legs attached for it.......... 3 x pics below so you can see what I mean!

P.S. When completed it will fly a bit like [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWtkEcYJGE4]THIS[/link]

Name:	Lj22431.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1370938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91378.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1370939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37352.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1370940  
Old 02-03-2010, 08:06 AM
sgbfly

Hi Peter,

Just caught up with all your PS's lol

Your pics are perfect especially the first one - which is the one I will probably use.

I also like the switch idea the best because it allows you to easily re-initialise the gyro after a heavy landing etc. However, I would love to see the time delay idea developed as it offers choice and some will prefer this over a switch.

That flybar (inner shaft) looks interesting. I have been impressed with that eBay seller. Was the packaging good? and what is the quality of metal and machining like?

Enjoyed the Alien vid!

Simon

PS; It my turn now: I saw another ps. Anyway I was considering more lipos, an alarm or 2, and the flybars from that seller. Did he do a combined invoice?
PPS; I am of the opinion that those lipo's should be a compulsory part of the upgrade! more $ I know but the best I have spent

Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 AM
pgroom_68

Hi Peter,
Just caught up with all your PS's lol [img][/img]
Your pics are perfect especially the first one - which is the one I will probably use.
I also like the switch idea the best because it allows you to easily re-initialise the gyro after a heavy landing etc. However, I would love to see the time delay idea developed as it offers choice and some will prefer this over a switch.
That flybar (inner shaft) looks interesting. I have been impressed with that eBay seller. Was the packaging good? and what is the quality of metal and machining like?
Enjoyed the Alien vid! [img][/img]
PS; It my turn now: I saw another ps. Anyway I was considering more lipos, an alarm or 2, and the flybars from that seller. Did he do a combined invoice?
Hey again Simon,

That is the first time that I have dealt with this seller (gogo.rc in HongKong) and all seems good! The [link=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280460459956]lipos[/link] came in a bubblewrap bag that was heat sealed (with a bit of air to provide protection), and the flybars were in their own sealed bag. All this was taped into a box for strength. The machining and straightness of the flybars seems unflawed - so it's all good!!!

P.S. Back to my "Alien" thin plywood and CF legs.... this construction lark is cutting into my sim time.[sm=49_49.gif]

Name:	Bz77925.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	1370946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21712.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1370947  
Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
rikybob

Morning gents! Its 8:30am here in Florida and i am "grounded" with a miserable head cold. [:@] Wifey is trying to talk me into a "doc in the box" but I will wait. Spiros advised that from this board he has vicariously infected myself and Simon! I learned a lesson yesterday and found one should NOT fly while ill! It's hard to fly and sneeze at the same time! Until I heal I will have to be entertained by the board!

My RC711 inners arrived yesterday and in good repair and numbe, with the 4 parts costing about 24bux US. I will do surgery at a later date after the next crash as the little devil is dialed in sooooo nicely right now!

Peter, the Alien project looks cool and I am ever so slightly jealous! These days my next project is to continue to steal away money into my PayPal account until about a month after the Blade SR release pending good reviews.

Hope all is well in your worlds,

Sickly yours,

Rikybob
Old 02-03-2010, 08:49 AM
sgbfly

Hi RB,

I'm just coming to the end of my lunch break here . Its 13:45

Sorry to hear you are no better. My cold eased last night and I had my first good nights sleep in a few days.

Anyway good luck with the parts. With luck It will take your mind off feeling ill.

Whatever you do don't look at this post #8

Simon
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
rikybob

Simon,

That's awesome! I dunno how I missed #8) "Try and smuggle in a inconspicuous word or reference to "chicken"!" Me head cold I guess. You really don't know how much it takes out of ya! Hmmmmm a conspicicuous word or reference.......

"This head cold makes me feel like a capon"

Rikybob

P.S. I have actually "consumed" 2 boxes of "Puffs" to date[]
Old 02-03-2010, 11:06 AM
aircrash

Hi Peter,

So the flybar will do the job. That`s good news.
It`s quite cheap also.
So we have:
Flybar rod / shaft, Screwdriver, and two meters long (maybe more or less) 3mm hardened steel or stainless steel bars. Ebay link and that`s the Greek link found on some hardware stores, but you can find them at your country also.

The mod you`re going to do is looking very good.

Hi Simon,
I can shoot some pictures for you if you like. Tell me what and I`ll try to do my best.
It`s still in bits and pieces so pictures is the easy part.
I have not cut any wire, so the pictures will be the right ones.

As for the time that Rx initializes I can agree on that. It`s indeed randomly, as I saw.
But there must be a relation to something.
If I get the time I`ll make the tests.
I have also the second Rx to try. But I`ll have to spend the time on building the second BOL as I have now all the needed parts.

Hi Rikybob,

I hope you get well soon.

And I have one Greek expression for you, to make you smile.
"whoever is mixed with brans then chickens eat him"

Well, I hope you like it!

Spiros

Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: aircrash
Hi Simon,
I can shoot some pictures for you if you like. Tell me what and I`ll try to do my best.
It`s still in bits and pieces so pictures is the easy part.
I have not cut any wire, so the pictures will be the right ones.
Hi Spiros,

Yes please! I'm sure Peter wont mind and it will save him a job Peter's first picture is excellent and I'm after a similar picture but for step 20. Framed so you can clearly see the mixer, the esc plug, the live/red wire removed and taped. The current picture in the guide could be improved.

Many Thanks

Simon

Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
aircrash

Hi Simon,

I shot some pictures and uploaded them. A PM will be sent to you with the link.
See if they are any good and modify them as you like. They may need a contrast / brightness improvement as I did not used the flash.
I modified the connection so it suits the guide.

-

Now it was a photo`s time... !!!
Took some more, I think out of these I can make a second BOL... ...at least !
I have not the canopy shoring (but I can leave without it, I`ll use an aluminium pin and a pen) and I have not shot the EK1-0363... I hope I have one, I had... just can`t find it right now... ooops... It must be somewhere hidden along with some used parts although it`s new.
That`s an organised R/C model owner... it breaks...?...no worry...

PS. The modded is intact, that`s spare parts...

Spiros

Name:	Sq46713.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1371043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70784.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1371044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dj11730.jpg
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1371045  
Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 PM
rikybob

Hi Spiros,

Nice parts and pieces!!! Man, you have your own store! Since I am home on my natural 5 day break but confined to the house with the dreaded sinus infection. I grabbed the field box for a little show off too. Extra canopy is in the garage as are a few other things but the kit makes for most common field needs!

Rikybob

Name:	Wt59101.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1371061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni25098.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1371062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20142.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1371063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98999.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1371064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oa31880.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1371065  
Old 02-03-2010, 01:55 PM
aircrash

Hi Rikybob,

I see you`re well organized too.
That`s nice, I should have something like that. Very good.

Now it`s not a show off, I try to make my point stronger.
Do you remember I told once that "I do not pay shipping cost all the time but make mass orders, so instead of paying the post office I pay only the parts" ?
The more you pay the post office the more parts I get.
IDO buy with trully low and combined shipping.
The fact that these would be bought through the time is true, so why to buy them individually instead of once?
That hobby is costly (as I have said that all hobby cost, even fishing).
So I saved money. And I think I do not have a problem when something breaks...

Now you can see by yourself what I mean. And I do not mean you, I mean the others. I know you`ve already well understood what I was saying.

And I have spare parts and settled to that bird but other have two, three, four or even more heli. So I think that`s not a show off, it`s just a sample of what one could do (if he settled to one heli).

I have found the missing spare part along with some other I forgot they have to be in the shooting (as then I`ll pick the needed to make the second BOL).
They were playing hide and seek...

PS. There are more pieces than the photos show, but I liked to get them altogether.

BTW, a chicken soup is the best when you`re sick.

Spiros

Name:	Bz79256.jpg
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	1371070  
Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
rikybob

Spiros,

Glad you found your parts. I have a full house here in Florida and no hobby room........I have a bench in my garage but it is cold when cold, hot when hot......etc. So I work on things in my kitchen/living room!

I never owned a heli that did not have local parts support and didn't really get what you meant until a few weeks into ownership of the bird. I THEN started to order stuff en mass!

I think I will get some chicken soup. It IS my comfort food when I feel bad!
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
aircrash

So if any asks me if I like the BOL then he should know the answer already.
And if any asks me what to choose between the BOL and some other, then he must know that I`m very objective and I can even tell the other than the BOL....lol

PS. I do not have a garage. I`d like one but such is life. So I have to work either at home or at the flat-roof (well here we have a flat-roof we can use).

Old 02-03-2010, 02:38 PM
aircrash

In answer to the question: What is the minimum time in seconds after connecting the lipo before you can do the switch to initialise the gyro?

A: "the time is different each sync. Sometimes its right away 1-2 other times its about 4-5 seconds"
Hi again Simon,

I saw again this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38A_EzWGOqw[/youtube]

The main difference between my setup to your`s is that your esc initialize very quickly. Almost as soon as you power the heli.
Now that`s a huge difference.

Spiros

Old 02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
rikybob

Alas,

The garage is for CARs and rarely a project. Waaaaaay to hot most of the year to work out there!

Further, having had a CX2 previously I really like this bird alot will continue to use it as a fun, easy flying platform that provides hours of fun without hours and hours of bench time!

I, however am awaiting the next step........[link=http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLH1500]Blade SR[/link].

I hope its not a piece of junk![:'(]

R/B
Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: aircrash
Hi again Simon,

I saw again this video:.......

The main difference between my setup to your`s is that your esc initialize very quickly. Almost as soon as you power the heli.
Now that`s a huge difference.

Spiros
Hi Spiros,

Yes its even more noticeable in this video - skip to 1:25 if you don't want to hear me struggling on with a cold

My RX takes all of 0.5 seconds to initialise in this video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qROAtBMrzI4[/youtube]

It was a new Esky 2.4GHz rx and ePower esc's - Strange as it seems mine is the exception and not the rule

Simon

Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
rikybob

Spiros, Simon,

Have we considered the pullus factor for the explaination of this discrepancy?

Rikbob
Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: rikybob
Spiros, Simon,
Hey again rikybob,

OK. I'll bite. What is the pullus factor?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Spiros, Simon,
Hey again rikybob,

OK. I'll bite. What is the pullus factor?

You've got me as well!

little yellow chickens but I dont get it lol

Simon

Old 02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
rikybob

Now "I" am the one in a fog today (well, I guess you are too Simon),

In keeping in the spirit of the "chicken running joke" I found the answer to your earlier post [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8216608/anchors_9469339/mpage_111/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9469339]Simon says[/link]

Pullus is latin for chicken. I suggest that any anomolies with your particular situation could be attributed to the "Chicken factor"

As the late commedian George Carlin said "If you have to explain the joke..."[sm=drowning.gif]

Best to all, your sick American friend,

Rikybob
Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
pgroom_68

Now ''I'' am the one in a fog today (well, I guess you are too Simon),
In keeping in the spirit of the ''chicken running joke'' I found the answer to your earlier post [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8216608/anchors_9469339/mpage_111/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9469339]Simon says[/link]
Pullus is latin for chicken. I suggest that any anomolies with your particular situation could be attributed to the ''Chicken factor''
As the late commedian George Carlin said ''If you have to explain the joke...''[sm=drowning.gif]
Best to all, your sick American friend,
Hey again R/B,

Yeah. Sick is right! SOL (Snicker Out Loud)

P.S. I put it down to Murphy's Law, "what can go wrong - will!"
P.P.S. Simon hit it right on the head when he posted "Strange as it seems mine [Simons BOL] is the exception and not the rule".........
Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
sgbfly

Hi RikyBob,

How could I get so close and not get it . Anyway a good gaggle on a number of levels

Simon

PS. I'm still in awe of your Stanley Kubrick post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.