Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

Wow, sorry to hear about the C505...hope mine doesn't go on the blink any time soon! That is good that Horizon is doing it under warranty, they really do have a great warranty service there. I'll bet those guys stay busy....and I'll bet they've seen about everything you can imagine!

Yeah, that guy's tips were helpful if you ever go to do those connectors...then I had a heck of a time pushing them into the plastic part...you really have to push them in HARD to get them to click. But I finally got it, and it looks good.

Glad to hear you got some flying in, I'm gonna be very rusty when I go to hover the 500 for the first time....I am going to take the B400 for a few laps first!!

Nick, what's up? Did you figure anything else out on the main shaft?

Jeff? You're quiet over there??? Must be up to something...next thing we know...he'll have posted a vid of the Trex 500 flying...LOL!!

JPEE, is that bag called a "LIPO SACK"?? Yeah, I should get one of those....for sure...I usually pay attention, but if I was in the other room or something...you just never know...

Well, I just velcroed the batteries, and I'm going to mount the motor. I need to see where the CG is, so I know where I should plan on mounting the ESC....

Be back in a bit...

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

I'am still reading all the posts here, its just that I'am sicker than a dog, so its hard to muster the energy to post... No 500 playing tonight ! JPEE, that was cool ya took the 400 out to the field today... Its ashamed that there are some guys who do look down to anyone flying something "not as grand as there's" so to speak... Just tell them to suck the left one ! A true hobbyist and fellow RC'er wouldn't do that... It shows where there dignity is at, and quite disgusting actually... I have just as much fun flying my MCX as I would a Trex 700 to say the least, and I admire anyone who fly's anything no matter the size or preference...

Take care guys, off to go puke....LMAO....

~ Jeff
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey rotarydoc, didn't get a chance to rebulid the helicopter, but everything came in today, the all aluminum head assembly I got for the heli is very very nice, Ill post pictures of it when I rebulid it, it won't be for another day or so seeing I have to work tommorrw from 7am-6pm long long day at the hobby shop lol O I have been meaning to ask you about your job, Me and my wife where talking the other night and I think im going to go back to school aka college for automotive, just because I have always wanted to and I luv messing around with motors and such, and I deff need to go back to school. Do you enjoy your job, hows the pay and what would you reccomend doing as far as schooling? Thanks in advance
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Evan T.

JPEE

I'm getting a blade 400 I just made the order with my lhs. No I wasn't the one who got the dx6i that was Heli
Old 11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
JPEE

Evan................still congrates and a big 10-4. I found your post back on page 109 think it was.

JPee
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 PM
choppersrule

Jeff Michael,

Sorry you're feeling bad, maybe I can be of some assistance.

Dave

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL
Take care guys, off to go puke....LMAO....
~ Jeff
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Evan T.

Thanks yeah I'm pretty excited
Old 11-11-2008, 09:45 PM
choppersrule

Fellas,

I've been lurking and you're all doing just fine and dandy. Running into troubles and figuring them out in a joint effort. That's what this hobby and forum is all about. Jeff, the Sick Boy, mentioned about polishing the main shaft. I'll post a couple pictures tomorrow, it really does work marvels, for a smooth as glass movement with the swashplate. It's easy and only takes a couple minutes to do.

Set-Up and balancing are soooo crucial, take the added time and effort to do it right. Balance, balance then re-balance.

Take care,

Dave

PS.... Hey Jeff, you okay??? Or is it just a bug thing, I hope it's not serious.. Love ya man...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 PM
choppersrule

JPEE,

Hey, Old Guy! Jeff will never leave me alone... He's got to rib me and take me apart limb by limb.. That's okay though, he's my buddy.[8D][sm=wink_smile.gif]

Dave
Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Glad to hear that you got the new stuff for the little heli...yeah, be sure and post some pics, I'm sure everyone would like to see it when you are done...

That is good that you are interested in pursuing a job in the auto industry...there is definately a need and a shortage of GOOD techs...it's hard to find good techs these days!

I'll post a bit on this, but if you want to continue, we'd best take it to PM....

As far as me liking my job? Well, I guess I like it about as much as the average person likes their job...I'm not exactly jumping for joy to go to work in the AM...but it's tolerable!! It's like any other job, you're going to have good days, and bad ones. I used to really love working on cars when I was younger, and had a bunch of nice cars, hopped them all up, raced them, etc....but remember what we were discussing last night about not having your hobby be the same as your work? Well, that's pretty much what happened to me over the years. Now, I work on my own car when I HAVE to...not becuase I like or want to...

As far as pay goes, sure, you can make good money...if you want to work hard. Working on cars isn't always easy, and it can be downright frustrating at times. And, alot of times, it's just plain old hard work...and then you're going to get those cars that just kick your butt...

Just remember that almost ALL auto technician jobs (except as an apprentice maybe) are 100% commission...which means your pay can go up and down like a roller coaster!! NO steady pay! Very few places will employ techs on a salary or hourly basis, unless you can get into fleet maintenance, like working on Metro buses, or something similar...YUCK!!

As far as the tech schools go....I have seen a few guys come out of Lincoln Tech....some are pretty good....and some are really lousy!! It's like anything else....you will get out of it what you put into it!!!

That is a decent summary....if you need more info, or questions, just PM me, I'll be glad to go into more detail....

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Hope ya feel better soon!!! That SUCKS!! I hate being sick...especially that way...

A couple of guys at work are sick....so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I'll be in the same boat...

Well, I made some progress with the 500 tonight...and found that I am definately going to have to mount the ESC on the bottom of the battery tray...no other way is going to keep it from being tail heavy...

Then, I have to figure out how the wiring is all going to go....and I'm gonna need an extension for the ESC wiring to the receiver too...

But, the EC3 connectors turned out good!

I'm pretty beat, and I have to return my DVD's to Netflix tonight (in the mailbox), so I'm gonna kick back and watch Jack Bauer save the world for a while...LMAO!!

Sure hope ya feel better soon....just hold an MCX up to your forehead, and spool it up to cool the fever some....LOL!!

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 PM
JPEE

Dave

Whatsay we send the good lad a care pagage of cookies and milk. While we funning here a bit I know we are both soory for him being down. My neighbor has it too. Sounds and feels like crap!
Hope you got your flue shot? I did............there free for us old guys you know LMAO
I tell ya, being old has it is props. They send me check every month, give me free medical, discount my breafast and dinners resturtants and all of the young chicks give us a hug.............hummmm kinda nice aint it!

JPee

Jeff get better we miss you, the Gang!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Evan T.

JPEE

Haha that's funny LOL how long have you been retired or are you
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Carljw

That is a good deal,same as I ordered from Horizon but the Horizon deal has carbon fiber blades with it. I will give them a few more days to see if ships and I might cancel and go with
Redy heli
Old 11-11-2008, 10:14 PM
choppersrule

Main Shaft Polishing:

Hi guys,

It's not rocket science, but it sure does work, plain and simple. This will make the swashplate move up and down the main shaft (without lubrication) with zero binding.

See the pictures, pretty self explanitory.. Pictures are from a shaft for a HBK2, but will work on any of them.

Leaving the retaining collar on or off is optional. However, the important thing is to place the rotor head on the main shaft and mark the the main shaft where the bottom of the rotor head is. Then, using masking tape, tape that area off, you don't want to remove any metal there, it may cause having some slop in the rotor head, and we certainly don't need that. Use, "000" steel wool or 1,000 grit sandpaper.
Just chuck the main shaft in your favorite cordless drill, Spool up the drill, and apply medium pressure to the steel wool or sandpaper. For about 1 minute, while the drill is running, move the abrasive up and down the main shaft. Take off the tape and put the swashplate on. See how smooth it moves up and down. If you're not satisfied with movement , repeat as necessary... Just like shampoo.. LMAO

Dave

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55550.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1070565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79201.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1070566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24822.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1070567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13415.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1070568  
Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

Yeah, that looked like a pretty good deal to me...didn't notice that it was less the CF blades...

I have personally ordered from ReadyHeli a few times, and I can very highly recommend them, they run a first class online shop!! They have never let me down!

I ordered my Gaui EP200 from them, and about 35 extra bags of parts, and they got them 100% correct the first time, and shipping was super fast too...can't recommend them highly enough!

Good luck with what ever you decide...

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 PM
rotarydoc

Dave,

Thanks for the great tip...I'll definately apply that to my next Blade 400 shaft...

The Align shaft is in no need, they put a really nice polish on it from the factory, it's like glass....extremely smooth.

But the B400 shafts are another story...they are pretty rough, and I'm sure your polishing would go along ways towards a smoother heli!

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I boxed up my FP balancers and Accucycle charger and using only the TP charger and it is working great and no problems at all.

Jeff,

Hope you get better soon.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I would have posted sooner, but I had to work and I am watching Jeff Dunham right now.

I gave up on the main shaft and one way bearing sleeve. I haven't checked my email yet to see if Horizon responded.

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about those 600 pilots. I have never heard of any heli pilots being rude before. Everyone I have talked to has been nice and very helpfull.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Evan T.

Nick

No congrats LOL just kidding
Old 11-12-2008, 12:57 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

Sorry man. Are you still getting some car parts with you new heli?

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Evan T.

Depends on how much money I get
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Good luck, hope you get a ton of money...but helis come first!! LOL!!!!

Just had to put that in there...

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

As the guy who saw a need and brought up the idea of helmet cam, not that all of you use, Jeff has his great hat cam I have another thought...I know Oh crap!

I like all of you have been watching Glenn, Nick and others write back and forth many times when pleading for help on an issue. A prime example of this was Glenn had to video his wobbling gears, post it on You Tube and re post the link on this thread.....................what a huge loss of time when your working on a project and need support. So last night I conferred with Glenn and asked if he had a web-cam which he did. For those of you that dont know about them, you can go online and talk and SEE each other live! and the best part is, it is FREE.

So last night Glenn and I give it a try. Glenn held up his 500 so I could where he was mounting the ESC and such. Beyond the heli information it was nice to see the guy with a face that I have spoken to now for 9 months. So with this all said......................I feel this a good social tool and moreover is makes a great too exchange informatioon like Nick or Jeff showing Glenn about the servos arms we read about and there is no posting back and forth back and forth on a timely issue that a guy needs support on.

I dont mean to imply this use for all converstations but when needed! What a better tools is there for support of BOB's

So if anyone else is interested send me PM and I'll explaine the FREE software Glenn and I are using.

JPee
Old 11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Carljw

Glenn
I think I will stay and wate on the Trex500 from Horizon I like there tech support.
Was looking around at my local Hobby Town and see they have the Hs5245MG
servos 47.99 and a 401 gyro 129.00. I got a Y cable to put two 3cell packs together to get me started and some EC3 male and female ,one for the ESC and I will have to get me another Thunder power 2100 battery. I watched all of the Finnless videos and read all 70 pages in that form. Now will start the Trex 500 form to keep me busy till it shows up. I have a question on a
recever pack that finnless uses to set it up with. I have a case that holds 4 AA batterys with a servo end plug that i used to work the Spektrim DSP to program my tail servo DSP 75 on the tail of my B400, do you think that would work for me to set the 500 like he does in the videos.
Seems like it should it would be 6 volts. I dont know much about reciver packs since I never hat one.
When I got the DSP programer it said to use a 6 volt reciver pack witch I did not have and I went to Hobby Town and asked about it and the kid sold me the 4 AA case with the servo end plug and said it would work fine ,witch it did and I wouldent have to worry about gettin a charger for a reguler niham recever pack.
Also was looking at new chargers for the bigger batterys so mabey can put on my wish list for Christmas
Carl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.