Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 12:01 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Carl,

Yeah, that 4 cell holder will work fine for setting up your radio gear....Just remember that some of the tail servos need to be stepped down to around 4.8 volts or so, with a step down regulator, which you may need anyways, depending on your tail servo selection...for example, I went with the Futaba 9257, which requires a step down to 4.8 volts from the 6 volts that the cyclics will be using...

Hope that helps...cool on the bigger charger, I will probably need one too, maybe next spring...

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Carljw

I am wondering if Htec makes a good tail servo that would not require a step down.
On another note I got my Dx6i to buddy box with my CX2 tx, I bought a 6 foot 1/8
stereo cable a t Radio Shack today. I had a mono cable and it did not work but the stereo
one works fine I just tested it out. I wanted it so I can let my grandaughter try to fly my
MCX. I tried to full her the other day without any cable and gave her my CX2 tx and was flying it with my
DX6i and told her she was flying it with the CX2 tx but she cought on real quick and wanted
my DX6i. Too smart for only 3 years old.
Carl
Old 11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

For your cyclic servos I also went with the programmable HS-5245 digital MG servos... These servos were also the ones Finless uses and flies with as he shows in one of his videos. Since I won't be to doing any crazy 3-D these will work great, as there not as fast as the Futaba 9650's like some use, but I don't need quickness at this stage in the game for me, but I do need durability and strength for crashes while still in a learning curve... Replacing servo gears is a bummer, and will just slow me down on getting the heli back in the air asap. Later as I progress and crashes seem less frequent, and more speed is required, I will then move to something better like the Futaba 9257's for cyclic as there more advanced than the 9650's...

The HS-5245's are very cool ! I got lucky and got mine for $39.99 a piece at the LHS here in Cali. The normal price it seems, is what you said and are averaging about $49.99... So ya may want to hunt around to see if there's any better deals out there. You may even try posting that in the Trex forum over here to see if anyone knows of good deals for those servos, as it could save ya some time in research...

The HS-5245's even come with a nice hardware bag, stickers, and even a blue CNC servo arm that is pre-threaded and is very nice... Finless uses this arm, and it 90's up good when installed. The other nice thing, is the wires attached to the servos are pre-braided which gives it a clean appearance, and minimizes any electrical interference...

I'am not sure if you watched Finless on his set-up with these servos, but in his kit (which was one of the first older ones) there is some spacers for these servos to fit snug and neatly to the frames... His kit only provided him with 2 sets which were for the Aileron, and Pitch servo's but none for the Elevator servo... He had to modify his own little contraption to get the rear Elevator to center at 90 degrees with the swash... As he states in his video, he was going to make Align aware of this problem and hoped they would then give you not 2 sets of these spacers, but 3 so that you would have that extra set for the Elevator servo... Well... In my kit they did in fact provide the 3 sets needed for the servos, so no modification was needed and I'am sure yours will be the same, so just a little FYI for ya......

Also... Don't worry about the step-down for the rear tail... Its really nothing, and is only a couple dollars and a couple grams, and simply just runs in-line from your tail-servo to your gyro...No biggie....

I came home early today, as I just couldn't muster the energy at work, let alone type on RCU...LOL... But I wanted to relay this info for ya, in case you were getting those servo's... I'll keep ya informed of anything else, since we have the same 500 CF kits... I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Align tools for securing the fasteners ! Even my $40.00 Ofna ones, are still not perfect to the cheap fasteners Align uses, and I had to replace some with Stainless Steel ones for a good snug fit, and taking no chances of stripping them, as they seem very soft and I did strip a couple already, but was able to still remove them, and put in better quality ones at least for the tail-boom mount, motor mount, and securing the spindle... Crucial areas in my mind... If you have the Align tools, you won't have a problem as there fitted for there own fasteners, like others have even mentioned in avoiding stripping the fasteners that was a problem in the kits for some...

I got some accomplished on the build Monday, but I just don't have the energy to muster right now for anymore, but hopefully I'll get better soon as I want to have this thing mocked up at least to get a good idea of what else I may need to order for it in converging to the ESP model and beyond...LOL... A very nice heli build so far though !

Oh..... Like Finless says also, I would definatley quickly sand the edges down with some 400 sandpaper (wet/dry) on the CF frames, and I even did all the slots in between them also as they do have some sharp edges in places, and will definately help you avoid any cutting of wires or shorting out any of your electronics or battery for that matter... Its worth it in the long-run, as I don't want to be shorting out any of these components, as they are kind of expensive to have to replace for something that could have been avoided by a little prevantative maintenance in the beginning. Vibrations, and crashes, with sharp edges don't mix well....LOL...

Also... At my LHS the AR7000 was only $10.00 more than the AR6200, so I just went ahead and got that awhile back also... The end-pins on the AR7000 make it a nice fit of where it goes on the RX tray on the 500. As the tail boom mount is very close to the top of that RX, and if you got your pins upwards, it could make things very tight and interesting... So just so more FYI....

Thanks for the get well wishes also guys.....

Take care feller,

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72749.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1070911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53726.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1070912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74007.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1070913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78473.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1070914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50338.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1070915  
Old 11-12-2008, 04:37 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

So much for waiting to put the 500 together until you got home, but it is looking good.

Carl,

You don't really need the pack of alkalines to power the servos, since you can use the BEC from the ESC. All you have to do is not hook up the motor wires and just plug the throttle lead into the throttle pins on the receiver and you have power to all the electronics.

My Lohr mount came today with my JR G770 and I just picked up the Power supply for the Hyperion charger and the Logictech gyro. I thought it was cool Rich Lohr wrote thank you in person on the instructions and so did readyheli. Now I can fly the Gaui in the heat and cold without it drifting. And the rest of my parts are at the post office and I can pick them up tomorrow morning. I also got a response from Horizon and they are sending me free parts, so I can get those holes aligned. I have read you guys always got great customer service from them and now I finally got to experience it. I will post pics of the Gaui when I finish it.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Carljw

I did not know that the HS5245 MGs were programable. Would I be able to use my Spektrum
DSP for that or would I have to buy a Hitec programer.
Looking good in the photos. I see the regulater in the photo it saws 6volts is that the one used with the Futaba 9257 could I get the part number for that.
Carl

Never mine on the step down part number I made the photo bigger and got it off the package.
I have a set of E- Flite tools been good to me so far with the B400. Where is a good place to get the Align tools and I probley don't want to know how much.
Carl
Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
evdreamer

Here are some pics of what the Gaui will look like. I just have to program the gyro and zip tie the wires and I will be done with that then I will move onto the JR gyro install on the 600.

Name:	Pn37668.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1070976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12780.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1070977  
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM
evdreamer

Programming the Logictech gyro was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Too bad it is dark and I can't test it today.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:35 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is awesome...I like the gyro tray..I have seen those way back when he was first doing them. But I never did get around to getting one.

It should help with weight distribution/CG issues too....I still have an issue with that on my Gaui...I'll need to look into that tray, for sure.

I just got done doing the balancing act on the 500....it's going to be fine, but, like your Belt CP, the batteries are going to hang off the front of the heli, exposing them to nose-in crash damage.

But after looking/trying everything I could think of, there is no other way with these batteries...

When Jeff gets better, I would like to see what his new 5 cell packs weigh in comparison to my 2100's....

I also had to mount the ESC very far forward....and even put a very small piece of putty in the nose to get it 100% balanced, I just didn't want to put the batteries any further forward...I'll post some pics in minute...

Glad the gyro was easy to program....I havn't even gotten that far yet...

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here is where I am at to get a perfect CG.

I will need another battery strap, further forward.

I am also going to need an extension wire for the ESC to receiver.

I just better not crash nose in!! LOL

I think the receiver mounting will be fine, looks to have plenty of room.

I am almost ready to install the gyro and power up the system, and get the servos going the right direction.

Glenn

Name:	Hf99346.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1071048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94740.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1071049  
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Evan T.

I bet that makes you mad because now the heli will look gunny with the battery on the out side of the canopy lol
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Carljw

Looking good Glenn. Do you have two 3 cell batterys there looks like e-flites.
I just took a ride to another hobby shop in my area to see if he had a 500 .
He dident have one so I asked if could get me one so he checked and said they were back ordered from Horizon. I said ya I know.
Is there any way to save Finnless bobs videos to a cd, I tried to burn them but got a window
saying no.
Carl
Old 11-12-2008, 08:01 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Just got home from working at the hobby shop 7am-7pm, long long day, haven't had anytime to work on the heli, im thinking about working on it now but im soo tired. Glenn that 500 looks nice very nice, I bet your excited but nervous at the same time to spool it up
Old 11-12-2008, 08:11 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

Thank you. Yep, that is two Eflite 2100 packs, side by side. The packs are lighter than I thought, so to maintain a zero center of gravity, they have to be mounted pretty far forward. The only problem with that is it makes them suseptible to damage in a crash.

Yeah, it seems as though there is a shortage of Trex 500's lately...glad I jumped on mine when I did.

Finless/Helifreak probably have copy protection of some sort, but I am sure you can at least download them to your PC's hard drive, but making a CD, not sure about that.

Heli,

Is your hobby shop busy? It seems with the economy like it is, there wouldn't be as many people buying hobby stuff. Thank you for the compliment on the 500...yeah, I am excited, yet nervous for the first couple of spool ups and flights. I was reading a post on Helifreak, and one guy said that even a small crash will "entitle you to free shipping" ...meaning it's going to cost over $100!! LOL

Evan,

Not sure on what you meant? The canopy still fits fine like that...

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

What is your thinking on reversing the servo direction using swash mix? I have done it on the B400 before, and it seemed fine...but somebody said it's not good to do? Any experience/comments?

I got lucky and got the aileron and aux channels right on the first shot....and I have all the servos going the right direction, but I used a mirror of the swash to get them going the right direction.

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

I dont get the idea that reversing the servos via the DX is an issue. I had to reverse my Hitec's on both 400 in places including the tail from the stock Blade 400 servos. However on the tail I reversed the gyro to make up that directional change at the advise of BoomTown Hobby Jamie and it has worked fine.

JPee
Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I am almost done with the JR G770. It was sure a pain to get that installed since I had to take the receiver out and trim the lips on all the servo connectors just to make them fit into the receiver. All I have left to do is set the travel adjustment and I am done with that. I tested the Gaui on some concrete floor and everything is working as it should. The Logictech 2100T gyro is turning out to be easier to install than the JR G770. I have to re-watch finless's video on the travel adjustment.

Yeah the Gaui is almost balanced perfectly, but I haven't tried it with the canopy on yet. I also put the 3154 servo on the tail again, since I have more confidence the Logictech will do better with a Digital servo than the G90.

By the way your 500 is looking better all the time.

I do the servo setup the finless way. I first get all the servos moving the correct direction individually by using the servo reverse than get them all moving together correctly with the swashmix.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Evan T.

Glenn I sent that before I saw the pics so I didn't know what you meant at first I thought by the way you were explaining it that you were mounting it different than that
Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
HeliStyle

the shop isn't to bust lately, been doing alot of internet sales for the owner on ebay and such, pretty much all day. How much of a difference is a trex 500 spindle compared to a blade 400 one, so I can get an idea of how much of a difference there is on price
Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Yeah, I didn't see anything wrong with it either, but some guy on one of these forums was saying not to reverse servos with swash, something about the manual saying it would affect idle up setting somehow...I don't think he knew what he was talking about...LOL

Nick,

Cool on both gyro installs, you should have a couple of really locked in tails soon!!

I just got done re-watching Finless, and he uses both reversing and swash to get everything to work...if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me!

Nice on the Gaui balance, I need to work on mine some...maybe extend my battery tray some...

Thanks on the 500...it is getting there...

Evan,

It's all good....hey, not long to wait now!! Have you made up any training gear yet?

Hope all goes well and you get lots of new stuff for your big day!

Heli,

I see, I forgot that you also do internet sales too...I guess that would keep ya kinda busy.

Hope you can find time to get your Wasp all together and hooked up with the new "bling" ...LOL!

I'll post a pic of the differnece in the spindles...

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

A T500 spindle costs $6 for two and the B400 costs $4.50 for two. But if the T500 spindle is made of the same metal as my one way bearing sleeve I can't see it bending very easily.

I just finished the G770 setup. Now I just need to wait for the parts from Horizon to come in and I can fly the 600 again. And tomorrow I can build my second 600 battery.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

As you can see....there is a tiny bit of difference in the spindles...LOL

Glenn

Name:	Ec88126.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1071103  
Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I was thinking about something today...?

You got your 600 from GrandRC or something like that, right?

So, is Horizon doing warranty work for you on the 600, even though you didn't buy it from them?

I know they do all the Eflite warranty stuff, because Eflite is basically a division of Horizon....but I don't think Horizon owns Align?

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I got it from GrandRC. I just said the holes didn't align with each other and they said they would be glad to send the parts my way. I am thinking Horizon is the main distributor of Align products in the US and then all the other companies buy the products from them. I don't know, but I am just glad I am getting the parts I need for free.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 PM
HeliStyle

damm spindle is huge compare to a b400's not much of a price difference though, yeah I have tommorrw off some im going to work on the wasp v3 and ill post a pic of it tommorrw. I guess I kinda worked on it tonight I took all the ball links off the pitch frame and such and re applied loctite to them making sure they where nice and tight, you never know when they come stock from the factory
Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 PM
evdreamer

Guys I just read on Helifreak that the price of the orginal Gaui 200 is now down to $180 at a place in Hong Kong! That is like half the price I paid for it not too long ago.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.