Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

damm lol that really cheap they are prob dropping it because the t-rex 250 is coming out
Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is cool on the Horizon thing...I think that they just figure in a certain amount of losses due to warranty claims, and probably just write them off...and in the process, are very generous with the warranty coverage. Plus, I think they make alot of money on the kits and parts anyways.

Speaking of which, yeah we sort got taken!! I think I paid a little less than you did ($320) for my belt driven Gaui....so we both are counting our losses now! I guess that's what happens when they are about to release a new model.

Reminds me of how furious some people that bought the original iPhones for like $599....and then Apple cut the price 3 months later to like $399, and it had more memory...

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 PM
HeliStyle

O I forgot to show you guys the canopy I painted for the wasp v3, I'm going to put some stickers on it to mix it up a bit, just wanted to see what you guys thought

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53004.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1071129  
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah when I got mine there was no word of the V2 coming out. Then when I heard about it I didn't think the price of the original one would come down that much. People on Helifreak aren't even going to try and sell their V1 since they wouldn't make any money off of them.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Nice paint job.

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 10:33 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Nice color, I like purple. Should have good visibility too!

Nick,

Yeah, I'm not going to get a V2...I'm still happy with mine...

Hey, I got all the cyclics at 90, and all going the right direction...now a couple of things have come up... see if you have any ideas?

1. When I first plug the battery in, the ptich servo (it's the only one that does it) swings full travel, and fast. Then it will return, and then, once the RX is armed, it will zero? It does it every time...not sure what will happen when I put the links on it, but it probably won't be good...

2. The ESC is beeping some sort of code...one long beep, and two short ones? It does it like 3 times, and then stops?

Thanks!

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Did you rebind the receiver after you set the servos up, so it can know the new settings?

Did you get a manual for the ESC with the kit to know what the beeps mean?

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

If you didn't get a manual for the ESC here is a link with one. http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...oducts_id=2001

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I didn't try to rebind, I'll give that a shot, and see what happens.

I was just reading the ESC part of the manual, and it shows how to put it in setup mode...but it's just beeping even when I connect the battery at closed throttle.

Let me try the rebind next.

Thanks!

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

I have a queston regarding RX. I have not asked Glenn nor you but what receivers are you using in the 600 and Glenn? what did you put into the 500. Look out Jeff I have been reading too LOL. I find that the recomendation for the AR6000e is only recommended up to a 400 size heli.
Your thoughts?

JPee
Old 11-12-2008, 11:08 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I am using the AR6200 that came with my DX6i originally.

I can't remember what Nick is using, the same thing, I believe?

Well, I'm gonna hang it up for tonight and watch some TV.

I made good progress, but I have no idea why the one servo is flipping out, and the ESC is beeping some sort of code.

I tried a rebind, but have the same thing.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Talk to you guys later!

Glenn
Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

The AR6000 is only ment for park fliers. I would only use a AR6100 on anything smaller than a 450 and a AR6200 on anything bigger. I have a AR6200 on my 450 and 600. The AR6100 is better than the AR6000, it is smaller, and lighter too. The AR6200 is a long range receiver and I feel safe with it. It is the same receiver people can use on airplanes and they fly them farther than I care for with no problems.

Glenn,

Have you tried lowering your throttle travel adjustment for bottom stick and see if that activates the ESC?

Nick
Old 11-12-2008, 11:13 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Are both of your orange lights coming on right away on the receivers? Can you describe the beeps and I can look at that online manual and see what is going on?

Nick
Old 11-13-2008, 12:10 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn,

Have you tried lowering your throttle travel adjustment for bottom stick and see if that activates the ESC?

Glenn ~

I would definately try what Nick just suggested... My Castle Creations 45 amp ESC for the 450 did the exact same thing your currently describing at the moment... The ESC didn't "recognize" that the throttle was closed in the down or off position even though the stick was all the way down... Try decreasing your throttle adjustment like Nick suggested... That's it I'am betting..... The ESC is emitting a safety feature because its not seeing a safe off throttle... Try it.... After I decreased my throttle adjustment, all went well then with the ESC...

I'll weigh my battery later, and post tomorrow for ya... To sick right now to bother... Make us proud, and get that 500 in a hover this weekend. Do it for the ladies here...LMAO...

Carl ~

Yes.... I use that same step-down on my Trex 450 running also the Futaba 9257 in it... I had also used that step-down for the Futaba 9254 that a ran in the 450 also before I finally put in the 9257... I picked up the one you saw in the picture a page back, for the 500 and plan on also using possibly my other 9257 in it, as Finless also uses the same rear servo for his 500...

JPEE ~

Go get em' tiger... Just make sure you get the ESP version if you do go for it... Savings in the long-run, and WAY better parts for the money... I'll be ordering Friday for all the ESP parts, and trust me just do it once the right way the first time as you won't regret it.... I'll be so excited the day you announce that you got one ! That will be really neat huh ? Take your time though, no rush... Do your research like your doing... As I know you are, ya little snooper....LOL...[8D] Also... Congrats in advance... Cause I know what yer up to Mr. JPEE....

Nick ~

Your Gaui should fly like a dream now... Cool you got your parts. I figured once the Gaui V2 came out, they would drop there prices ! Just wait until the new Trex 250 comes out with there V2 version, then that heli also will drop in price...

Evan ~

Oooooooooooohhhhh.... It's almost time ! How many more hours now...?

Heli ~

You workoholic you.... You need that T-shirt that says "SHOW ME THE MONEY"... LMAO... Or maybe...."Show me the heli's".... Don't work yourself to hard. Your Wasp looks great with the new canopy paint job on her... Great job.

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I couldn't go to sleep until I at least looked at it again....and I found the ESC "problem"....it wasn't a problem as much as I wasn't understanding what it was doing...it beeps after the "armed" tone....what I didn't realize, is that it is beeping to tell me what each setting is currently set to...

So, when it was done arming, it continued to beep....and I now realize that each beep means what each of the five setttings are set at....does this make sense to you? Well, it's totally different than what I'm used to, so it threw me...

But, the servo wigging out is another thing...I have narrowed it down to that particular servo....it will do the same thing, no matter which pins it's plugged into...and the other servos don't do it even if they are plugged into it's aux position on the RX.

The thing is, when it's done with it's little dance....it's as good as gold....works perfectly in cyclic, collective....everything is fine with it after that intial freaking out. Maybe I'll post a video tomorrow.

Nick, did you say that your linkages were WAY off when you did them by the book? Mine are way too long...entirely too much positive pitch at zero collective. No biggie, just wondering if you had the same thing...

Anyways, I'll sleep better tonight, I think it'll be fine. The servo bothers me a bit...but I'll play with it some more tomorrow....

Night guys!

Glenn
Old 11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you know what is going on with your ESC.

I have had a few servos in the past that did what yours does, but it would act normal after the receiver was armed. Still flew great.

Yeah my links were off in the 450 and 600. I can't remember if they were too long or too short, but it got me in the general area to finish it off.

Nick
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM
evdreamer

I just got back from a test flight with the Gaui and this gyro is awsome. It is a lot better than the G90 for only a little more and I think it is just as good as the 401 or even a little better. If I wanted to I could have an insanely fast yaw rate, but I had to lower it a lot so I could control it. And there was no drifting what so ever even coming from a warm house to a cold garage. If this gyro would work with my DS8900G servo I would put it on the 600 in a heart beat.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is awesome on the new gyro, sounds like a major improvement on the G90 for sure. I am really looking forward to the GY401, it will be interesting to fly with a nice gyro to see what it's like.

Thanks for the info on the links, and the servo. I am going to mess with the servo some more, and see how it acts when it's armed and see if it messes up any more.

I called Horizon, and they put me on hold for a while. The guy came back and said that they don't warranty the servos, but they do the rest of the helicopter.

They gave me the phone number for Align in Taiwan. I think I will email them, and see what they will do.

The bottom line is that there will always be a question mark in the back of my head about this servo....what if it freaks out in mid flight?

At least I know now what the ESC is trying to say to me when it "talks"....LOL!!

I'll see when I look at it some more tonight. I could order a new DS 510....but then there's the question of whether I should put that $55 or so towards decent MG servos...

Talk to ya,

Glenn
Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

I don't want to freak ya out anymore than you already may be with the servo that's being the "oddball", but just remember that servos can be sneaky, so although you tested it in all its range of motion with the sticks, just make sure also that "under load" it will still be alright also... I've had one of my JR DS285's on my 450 do the same thing your describing, and it never posed a problem however ever since I had it... It drove me mad, because I never could figure out why it did that !

Alright.... Come on man ! The weekend is getting closer, and we want 500 footage to ponder over... I'am out of the game... Being sick halted that plan for me. So now I might as well wait for my parts to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday and just put the rest together all at once then... But hopefully by the next weekend maybe then for me... I'll envy your hover/flight for now. Make us proud !...LMAO... Make sure ya film the first flight or hover though ! With that servo, and that main gear, it may be a video worth watching again for troubleshooting...YIKES ! I'am just kiddin' ya Glenn...LOL...! I like poking at ya every once in awhile... Everything will be fine... Don't worry about anything. My first spool-ups with anything, I usually will stand back a good 1/4 mile to be safe...LMAO....[8D] Just remember this thing is huge compared to what you and I are used to, and much more dangerous so be safe.

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Carljw

I ordered a Align tool kit but there is no 1.3 allen with it. I read some where that I will need that size is this correct.
Carl
Old 11-13-2008, 04:05 PM
rotarydoc

Carl,

I also bought the Align kit, and it covered every size that I needed, no 1.3mm that I came across in the build.

There was one thing that I needed a TINY allen for, but it escapes me at the moment, I'll think of it later and post, but I don't think it was 1.3mm...

Glenn
Old 11-13-2008, 05:22 PM
evdreamer

Does anyone want me to take step by step photos of building a A123 battery since I will do that in a few minutes?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:24 PM
HeliStyle

had today off but really didn't do anything except relax, but I put an order in for spare parts for my little heli, miss flying it and hate when its down, whats everyone else up to?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Even though I'm not planning on building one, I would still be interested to see what's involved...and we could always refer back to it later on...I think it would be cool!

You never know what I might be wanting next year...LOL!

I'm going to try to take a video of the servo acting up, so you guys can see what I'm talking about....I emailed Align, no response yet...but it's probably like 4 in the morning there...LOL

Heli,

Not too much here, just trying to get some loose ends wrapped up on the 500....are you going to work on the Wasp any? How about reading up on the DX6i?? LOL!

I'll be on all night, so I'll see ya guys in a few..

Glenn
Old 11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Will do. I am just eating something after all my running around then I will work on the battery. I got the Hyperion charger and it is pretty cool, but I need to order the adaptor that just came in stock today. But I can use the TP charger in the mean time until the adaptor gets here.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.