Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Carljw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I was just on Horizons web site checking on my order and says due Jan 2009. Still backed ordered so I ordered one From Heli Proz, anyone deal with them and how is there shipping.
I got free shipping USPS. Where do they ship from.
I should have upgraded the shipping LOL.
Carl
Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Evan T.

hey guys once again thanks for all the happy b-days but so far i only have $436 and thats deffenetaly not enough so i dont know whats gonna happen im still waiting on to peoples gifts and dont know when theyre gonna arrive
Old 11-15-2008, 12:08 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the 401 can be tricky to get it into HH every time. Is the light blinking or just off? If it is blinking just go into normal, HH, normal, HH, normal, HH in three seconds and that should cure the problem. You can also have both gain settings in HH mode and rebind the heli so the receiver memorizes to go into HH mode before it arms then the gyro can go into HH mode. If the gyro arms before the receiver it will be hit or miss, so by rebinding it, it forces the gyro to go into HH mode.

I bet you won't need the full travel of the pitch slider. The farther it travels the faster your piro will be and it will be a little slower since your ball joint is near the center. You might want a little more travel of the pitch slider to the left, so it can cancel the torque of the main rotors and give equal piro rates to the left and right.

Nick

Glenn ~

Fire that baby up ! Yeah glad you got the gyro figured out for initializing into HH mode... Like Nick said, just rebind it... I've never once had the gyro have a problem going into HH mode upon turning the system on. I just make sure I always rebind with any new settings to the craft. Also as Nick mentioned above, your more than likely going to have to tweak with where the slider is at in the center position. And also as I said a few posts up, you can start off in the center position, but your gonna have to probably end up tweaking the slider anyway. The force of the main blades torque will then be cancelled out by the little extra pitch from the tail rotor blades helping that out a lot by tweaking the slider to the left just a tad...

Also, if the heli does end up yawing a little left or right upon liftoff, you can move the rear tail servo 1mm-2mm at a time up or down the boom to correct the yaw. Find which way is which, as I can't remember right now... If the heli yaws to the left, you would move the servo in small increments up or down can't remember which way ya go for which direction the yaw is happening...

If upon startup your heli violently wants to yaw, like the gyro is not working, try flipping the "direction" switch on the gyro... There's a "reverse" or "forward" switch... Just switch it opposite of what it was when the heli was going crazy and trying to yaw massive as if the gyro wasn't working...

Hope the weather breaks for ya ! Were all waiting for a video !

Nick ~

Yeah my dad will let me fly the 600, and I've hovered it a few times, but I just don't like flying other fellers heli's.... LOL... I'd feel bad if I crashed, but mainly also with something that big, its a trust factor as I didn't build it so I don't trust it ! I like the re-assurance that I put it together so I'am convinced a blade doesn't fly off at 500 or so mph's and spearing toward me, or just having the heli malfunction period... Just like even when he does go to hover it, He'll keep his distance, but I'am WAY farther away, as like I said.... Trust issues.....

Carl ~

Well that's good you ordered from another vendor... I've heard good things with Heli-Proz, but never done business with them... There's no way I could wait either until January ! I never order anything from Horizon, as stuff usually is "backordered"... And for the warranty, the 500 is still covered anyway as it is still a Horizon product so you don't have to just buy it from Horizon. Just keep your receipt also though...

Evan ~

My LHS sells the RTF Blade 400's for $399.00... There's a lot of vendors on-line also that sell the RTF kits for the same price if you end up going that route... Not sure what tax and shipping would be added to that price, but it wouldn't be to much as some places offer free shipping if you do a little research... So no worries feller, you'll still be getting it...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-15-2008, 01:43 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I hate to say it again but if you have not seen your local or CCN news we are ON FIRE here again big time! Like last time we woke up to smoke in the house but not as bad as last time. However at 8:00 am. while having my morning cup of Joe a Police car came down the street saying Voluntary Evacuation! We are located at Reseda and Ranaldi. The fire has spread over to our area and then about 6 bocks over to Lookyj's. But it is yet far enough above us both I feel pretty good. But the smoke, ash, and embers are bad. We have loaded our RV just in case. I really doubt it could come down to our home but remember the great San Fransico fire? The air is acceptable in the house but outside you have wear a respirator. A while ago we lost power so it was crank up the old generator and back feed the house, another part of being prepared. The power is back on now so we are good there. They lost 500 moble homes already in one developement and 10K people have been evacuated. You would like to think your ready and I am like Jeff in that I too am anal. I have already used the helmet cam and walked the house and opened all closets, drawers and made a record of everything we have.....just in case lol. The last three boxes and my laptop are by the front door. So now we wait. AGAIN, I think we are fine other than the heavy smoke, but whats wrong with being prepaired I ask ya. Oh did I mention the wind is 50-70 and there is no Heli Flying today................hum I wished I had Jeffs Vapor, I could launch it and he could pick up 200 mile up north at his house LMAO.

JPee ..........................
Old 11-15-2008, 01:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

Yeah that's crazy huh ? There's also a big fire a little south of me in the Santa Barbara area... So far they have it 40% contained, but 111 houses have burned to a crisp... A lot of big homes are stretched throughout there and it is ashamed... There is a lot of movie stars who have estates there. I heard one of Oprah's houses burned down...YIKES... Its amazing how many actors who have houses there like Kevin Costner, Brad pitt, etc. etc. A bummer for sure... Yeah my dad is anal about being prepared also... Water tanks through-out the property holding a couple thousand gallons of water, fire nossle hook-ups ready to drain a tank, and fire hoses spread and ready with "Y" adapters to have two hoses going at once... He also has a few big generators to back feed the house also if power does go out, and a simple big breaker in the garage is all it takes to pull it down, and the generator kicks in the auxillary power... He's a general contractor for over 35 years and build houses so he has a lot of cool methods in play through-out the houses here on the property. 1989 they lost everything here on the property from a big massice wildfire back then... Crazy stuff for sure... Be safe ! And keep us posted...

Its almost December and there's fire ! Back in Washington, the air is fresh, crisp, brisk, and the weather is wet, windy, and cold at this time of year... Here in Cali today its supposed to be in the upper 80's... I was already out flying my MCX and Vapor outside this morning and it was already blue-skies and about 70 + degrees...

Alright, gotta run to the LHS, grocery store, Home-Depot, and the local hardware store... Actually two of the local hardware stores...LOL...

Take care JPEE......

~ Jeff
Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Evan T.

well it looks like im gettimg it today yayayyayayayayayayay
Old 11-15-2008, 02:35 PM
JPEE

GREAT NEWS! GO TO IT KIDDO

jpee
Old 11-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Evan T.

okay talk to yall when i return peace
Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 PM
evdreamer

Jeff and JPEE,

Hope they can get the fires under control 100%, so you don't have to worry about your homes.

I just got the shaft I needed from Horizon today and the holes are aligned perfectly!!! I am so happy I can probably fly the 600 today. I also got some parts at Radio shack to build a balancer, since I needed some stuff for school there I thought I might as well get some extra electronics.

Evan,

Cool to hear about the B400. We all can't wait until you share your first experience with it.

Nick
Old 11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That is awesome!!

Be sure to let us know when you get it home, and we'll answer any questions you may have when you first go to set everything up...

Happy Birthday again....looks like it's going to be a great one for ya!!

JPEE,

HANG TIGHT there pal!!

That sounds rough, I guess I should turn on CNN, it's probably all they are covering....LOL!

It's great that you are prepared, and ready to evacuate if you have to...

My prayers and best wishes go out to you....

Nick,

Thanks again for the advice last night...I was beat, and I totally overlooked you statement about rebinding after setting the HH....and I would have figured it out sooner...that's what I get for working on the heli way past bedtime...but you know how it can be when you get started on a project like that...I was determined to get it working before I went to bed!!

Well, the predicted storm has arrived....and it's all they said it would be...WINDY, RAIN, THUNDER, and it's gonna get cold later on.

I've still got a few loose ends on the 500 to figure out...not sure yet if I'll take it up to the shop later or not...I may just wait until tomorrow. I don't really want to fire up and spool up a 500 in a confined space like that...too many people will be asking too many questions, and I won't want them around for fear of an accident...so it might be better left until tomorrow. We'll see.

First, I have to get the wiring straight, the gyro mounted, and the RX mounted, and still have to set the blade pitch to zero...

Evan, tell us when you get it!!!!!

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Evan T.

okay still here lol good luck JPEE hope hope they put it out before it gets to you are there a lot of people soaking there roofs and are there huge water bomber planes flying around lol stay safe guys bye now i think im really leaving lol
Old 11-15-2008, 03:10 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah when it gets late I tend to miss things in posts too.

Sorry to hear about your weather.

Nick
Old 11-15-2008, 03:18 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks again for the tips, I'll keep them in mind if it drifts a bit at first...

Was just looking at the GY 401 instructions, and it says to put the gyro in normal mode, hover, and then adjust neutral with the rudder trim....and then it says for larger adjustments, as you said, you can move the servo a tad...and then I read things that say you should never use rudder trim in HH mode...but if you set the neutral with it...then the rudder trim will not be in center!

I guess the best way would be to get it as close as possible in rate/normal mode by moving the servo a bit...and then for tiny adjustments...use the trim.

I'll figure it out...after all, I did this on the Gaui....but for whatever reason, I really want to pay close attention to get the most out of this gyro...the Gaui has an Eflite gyro, which is nothing to write home about...LOL!

Hope you stay safe from the fire as well!

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM
JPEE

Glenn,
I hope that by tomorrow there might be a break in the storm for you to spool up her at least.

Good Luck JPee
Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks, I think it's just supposed to be windy and COLD tomorrow, but no rain...

Carl,

Heliproz is great! I have ordered a few times from them, and they have excellent service...A+++.

It will take a while to ship. They are in Montana....and they will probably use USPS Parcel Post, which is slow as molassas...probably will take the better part of a week....but Priority Mail gets expensive, I'll bet it would have cost at least $30 or more to send it Priority.

Glad you found something faster!

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 03:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

You should be able to use subtrim to get the servo 90 only if you put it into the transmitter before the gyro arms. Then the gyro will see the new setting as center. But if you do it after the gyro is armed it will see it as a rudder input. Same with the rudder trim which shouldn't be used anyways.

The 600 is put back together, so I will test fly it again soon.

Nick
Old 11-15-2008, 04:07 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the info...yeah, I did use a bit of rudder subtrim to get the servo arm at 90 before I even hooked the gyro into the circuit, so that should be OK...

I got everything wired, I'm going to reroute a couple of things, but's getting there...

Now, get this...the servo issue where it was going whacko....is now gone. I have no idea why, I know it wasn't rebinding, because I did that about 4 times before....maybe having the rudder servo and gyro somehow stablized the servo or receiver? WHO KNOWS...LOL!!

That is great that you can get the 600 back in the air....I thought Horizon said the part was on backorder?? Anyways, that is very cool that you can get it flying again, I know you are happy about that!

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Here's the provisional wiring on the 500...I am pretty happy with it...hopefully it will all be good.

Carl, I think you were asking about fitting the AR6200....it's no sweat, don't worry, there is a ton of room for it and the satellite receiver. I even have plenty of room for the bind plug too.

Hey, you guys think there is any risk of interference with the gryo/servo wiring bundled like that?

I don't think there should be...but I was very careful about the routing of the satellite receiver wiring, as I know that is suseptible to RF noise, etc.

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26969.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1072728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73517.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1072729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76165.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1072730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz75975.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1072731  
Old 11-15-2008, 04:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just got back from two flights with the 600 and it is still a lot of fun. I guess Horizon is also sending me some mainshafts and those were the ones backordered. The JR G770 gyro is amazing. It stops the tail really good after a partial piro since I am a little afraid of doing a full piro with it in the backyard. And it is holding the tail great during flight also. The manual wanted me to set the end points to 150 and 150 on the rudder travel adjustments and that was too fast for me, so I lowered it to 90 and 90.

The new battery is also doing good too. The main blades also free wheel a lot longer, so that should help with auto rotating which I already did once today.

Cool to hear about your servo.

I think the tail and gyro should be fine, since I have wrapped my tail servo and gyro wires together on the 600 and 450.

Now it is time to get some flights in with the 450. The weather is great except for the cold.

Nick
Old 11-15-2008, 04:51 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like FUN!! Glad you got to fly the 600 again, and are enjoying it and the new gyro. Yeah, you gotta be careful in the back yard with the 600...LOL! Imagine the hole THAT would put in the siding of the house...LOL!

Good on the new battery too...glad they are working out so well for you....wonder why no one is making them commercially yet?

Another issue has popped up...now the ESC is not programmed to the defaults like it was...I have no slow start, lower battery cut off, and low motor windings set...so I'm gonna try to figure out how to program it...should be fun! I did the Eflite one, and it wasn't bad after I figured it out.

Jeff,

I posted some pics for your info....

The HS 5245 diagram looks like the outer hole, but it also looks like a different arm, and they don't show a distance spec.....

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14536.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1072763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61498.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1072764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28762.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1072765  
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

Man I'am beat from just running about 50 errands...LOL..! Yeah Glenn, that arm is a different one. The one I'am using is the CNC arm which is 16.5 to center on the third hole... Same place Finless puts his and also says its 16.5mm... Thanks for checking though ! Boy your getting close to a spool up there big-guy ! I can't wait ! You don't know how bad I want my gyro where you put yours also on the tail boom mount, but I have to configure everything so that nothing is resting there just so that I can quickly take the few screws apart, remove the boom if need be to replace those pesky crown gears in the tail boom mount that you need to seperate the mount in getting to... Dang it !...LMAO... So I just don't want to have to remove the gyro and put sticky tape on there everytime... At least until I trust those crown gears from crashes or what not... We'll see.. I want to be able to do it in the field if I have to...

Nick ~

That's cool you got your parts for the 600 ! Its to hot here to even be outside right now... It's like 88 degrees, and so I'am hanging out inside with the A/C on.... I'am a weenie when it comes to the heat, cause I'am from Washington State where its cooler and you can breathe....LOL...!

JPEE ~

Get the hot-dogs and marshamallows out ! You and Jeremy might have to barbecue, and make the most from the fires maybe...?! It really sucks, and I've been watching the news coverage.... Not cool at all... It looks major serious, so be careful... And keep us informed... Please be safe.... You can ship your heli's to me, I'll keep them safe for ya, and I promise I'll fly them to keep them happy....

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

You are welcome on the pics of the arms...

From what I gather, the gears we will be blowing out are the rear ones, the ones in the tail box. At least that is what a guy on HF says...so I ordered a set.

That is very cool, because the beauty of the TT setup, is that you can just remove the tailbox off of the end of the boom, and do your gear replacement right there...and not have to touch the boom mount/gearbox...

I am certain that we will find out soon enough...LOL...one reason I'm trying hard to make sure mine is not tail heavy...to help prevent tail first landings.

This storm wasn't that bad, but I was not prepared yet anyways.

I got my ESC programmed, a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad at all...

Time to move onto the main blade pitch...

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 05:29 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

I can't believe you think you need to ask me to send my heli's up to you due to the fire! You did not need to ask that, I sent them first thing this morning, I am thinking on my feet kiddo, LMAO.

Well it looks like the worst is now past us. But the thought that you would mention Hot Dogs and Marshmallows saddens me..................you forgot say Samore's too! LOL
Though it ain't over till its over the air quality has gotten much much better and there is not the black clouds of smoke now. The wind is un-relenting however. I think the worst is past know but we will stand tough overnight.......sleep with one open. I must say to hear a Police car come down my street this morning saying through his loud speaker to evacuate was un-settling.

Say there young squire........ I have gotten a bit lost but are you close to the completion of your 500?

JPee

Old 11-15-2008, 05:32 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

After you get done setting the blade pitch, if you are going to set the blade tracking inside the house be sure to open a few windows so you don't suck the glass inside and out of them LMAO

JPee
Old 11-15-2008, 05:37 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The fun is all over, now I have to wait for the batteries to charge again. When I hooked up my A123 battery to the FP balancer it said my battery was dead. LOL It is just setup for a LiPo with the higher voltage, so no problems

Good to hear you got the ESC programmed.

Evan,

Are you having too much fun with the B400? LOL

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.