Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Yeah I flew like 45 mine ago the batt is charging right now well I tryed a piro and it drifted about 35 feet really fast and high and almost hit a tree branch but I saved it and got it back without crashing but the bugs are still bothering me ALOT ugh
Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sounds like you had a close call there!

That's OK, at least you didn't crash after all.

You have to push yourself a little, or you'll never make any progress, so you are doing good.

Just don't try stuff yet that you know is over your head...pun intended! LOL!

Most of all, have FUN!

No bugs to worry about here, it was snowing lightly earlier this afternoon....

Glenn
Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yep it is a two cell balancer. I found another bug in it, so back to the drawing boards.

Yeah I got two flights in with the 600. So far that is a total of 15 flights with it. When I have a chance to fly, the 600 always comes first.

That would be cool if Jeff finished the 500 and is playing with it lately.

Evan,

I have a flight log on all my helis. I just use an Excel spreadsheet.

Nick
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Evan T.

Yeah I got lucky I guess but I don't know why I drifted so much maybe I need to do them faster I did it pretty slow but it gets darker earlier every day which sucks because it's almost dark and the battery is still charging
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

im kicking my shelf in the butt, hearing the success evan is having with the b400, I wish I would have bought the b400 lol
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

So, what's new?

Did you fix or sell the new Wasp yet?

How's the hobby shop doing?

Now that you have the radio and receiver, you could start looking for a 400....

But I guess your laptop comes first....did you enroll in the auto class online?

Not much new here, really.

The weather is already shaping up bad for this weekend, more wind from some cold front that is coming by Friday.

I feel like I'll never get to fly the 500!

Glenn
Old 11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

Hey for the bugs thry some Deep Woods Off... It works great for them. The bugs here on the mountainside here in Cali where I'am at are horrible ! So I understand your pain. There will be like 60 of em' trying to land on your face, and its so annoying. The spray with "DEET" works the best. But it is also not that good for ya also, so what I do is just rinse off in the shower when I'am done flying and such... Just take a nice long soaking bath with the Deep Woods Off, and you'll be good to go... Kidding of course... Don't take the bath... But try the bug spray by "OFF"...

Glenn ~

I love the snow... Its been in the mid 80's for the past week here. A couple days where in the low 90's a few days ago... They don't get snow here in Cali, so i can't wait to get back home to where the white stuff falls...

Nick ~

Yeah, no playing with the 500...LOL... Or flying like ya thought. I wish !... I've been putting in long hours at work, and even worked Sunday for a bit, so I didn't even have time to put in the parts order for the 500 until yesterday... I had to at least muster the energy for that, so the parts would be here by the weekend... I did my first order with Heli-Proz... And then the bigger order with Heli-Direct of course... We'll see who's faster with the priority mail... One thing that is nice with Heli-Direct though, is they keep you informed with the USPS tracking with the priority mail, and also a few E-Mails to inform ya of stuff, where Heli-Proz only sends ya one saying thanks for the order... So you just make an assumption they shiiped the stuff I suppose. I guess I've been to spoiled with Heli-Direct...LOL....

I still have a few more pieces to go with the 500, but I had to get new tires for the Acura as I'll be going through a few mountain passes with massive snow when I do go back before Christmas. So hopefully soon I'll get those other parts then. I finally ordered that scale also ! I can't wait for that the most ! Some of the stuff I got is below on the invoice sheet they give ya... I did get the servo mounts from the Trex 600, as I might be installing the 9254 maybe. But in case I do, I want to be prepared...

Heli ~

Yeah you need the Blade 400... Can't say we tried from the begining though into talking ya into one...LOL... I'll never buy any weird "offset" heli's just simply for the fact of parts availability, and I believe in paying once with stuff that is already proven with a good track record... I can't afford to experiment with the generic type stuff, but maybe later I will... Just right now times are a little tougher for everyone...

Alright, I might be on later but no promises... Just to tired... But I have been reading every post here though... And yes I did get that E-Mail from RealFlight about the 4.5 a day or so ago, but haven't tried anything with it... According to you guys, I may not ! LOL.... Take care guys....

Products

1 x MicroHeli Aluminum Tail Boom Support Brace (SILVER) - T-REX 500 $14.99
1 x Metal Control Lever $34.99
1 x 500 Metal Main Shaft Bearing Block $26.99
1 x MicroHeli Precision CNC SeeSaw Hub in SILVER - Trex 500 $24.99
1 x CNC Aluminum Tail Boom Support (SILVER) - T-REX 500 $11.99
1 x MicroHeli Carbon Fiber CNC Receiver Tray (BLUE) - T-REX 500 $14.99
1 x MicroHeli Aluminum CNC Horizontal Fin Holder (SILVER) - T-REX 50 $11.99
1 x MicroHeli Aluminum Canopy Mount (Silver) - TREX500 $7.99
1 x MicroHeli Aluminum Bottom Frame (SILVER) - T-REX 500 $35.99
1 x MicroHeli Servo Mount ( SILVER ) - Trex 500 $7.99
1 x Rudder Servo Mount H60041 $8.99
1 x finishing c metal washer for 3mm screws (10pcs) in BLUE - T-REX $1.99
1 x Digital Stainless Steel Pocket Scale w/cover, 500g, 0.1g APTP447 $19.99
1 x Align 500 Torque Tube Rear Drive Gear Set $10.99

United States Postal Service (1 x 2.889lbs) (Priority Mail: (2 - 3 Days)): $12.95
Total: $247.81

ITEM# DESCRIPTION QTY TOTAL
-
350118 H50118 TREX 500 Carbon Fiber Flybar Pad1 $14.99

-
350106 H50106 TREX 500 Painted Canopy /Orange 1 $36.99

-
351975 H50119-75 Metal Tail Rotor Holder / Si1 $26.99

-
888217 HeliProz Decals Blue 1 $1.99

-
531113 FMP Braided Wire Protection kit-Gray 1 $6.95

-

SUB TOTAL: $87.91
TAX: $0.00
SHIPPING: $12.34 UNITED PARCEL SERVICE - 3 DAY SELECT SERVICE
ORDER TOTAL: $100.25
Old 11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Evan T.

yeah we have all kinds of off even the deep woods with like 30% deet lol we got so many cans but i dont ever remeber to do it i guess i will put some next to the heli to help remember we have alot in the camper down in the florida keys because the mosquitos love the mangroves and they come from the everglades to i bet heli may no what im talking about
Old 11-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Evan T.

Heli,

yeah you should try to get a blade 400 it is an awesome heli i love it
Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Evan T.

oh yeah forgot to tell you i got in one more flight before it got all the way dark that was my 9th one and this time i didnt do any piros lol im gonna wait a few more flight before i do that again but i did a little ff and i found out that it moves pretty fast and you need to react before you think you should but it might just be that i have expo at 20% but every like three flights ive been moving it down in like 5% increments so i can get used to it being more responsive
Old 11-18-2008, 07:18 PM
HeliStyle

not to much is going on over here, just catching up on the forums, I feel like im not part of the gang anymore because I only have my walkera 4#3b helicopter for the mean time lol. The wasp v3 sold for $100 bucks which is fine because I only payed 85 for it lol it went to pay some bills. The hobby shop is going decent, same old stuff really/boring, but seeing the blade 400 everyday is killing me, I actually took a plunge the other day and bought a electric traxxas stampede truck which the owner was selling the display model for 40 bucks, which they usually go for $200, so I bought it, not sure why I did because I want a blade 400 but I couldn't pass up a deal like that. I have been looking on ebay for a blade 400 and found acouple, one for $140 with no electronics or servos which I might just upgrade the servos first thing, then I saw one for $200 even with free shipping, but all my money right now is going for a new laptop for school, unless I sell something of mine again then I can get a blade 400. I really want a b400 but winter is coming and I still have the walkera 4#3b to practice on but we shall see. I haven't enrolled for college yet, Its going to be after the holidays me and my wife decided, but im excited to go back for sure. Hows everything over there? Its extremely cold out here, and seems like snow is coming.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Evan T.

i didnt now that it snowed in orlando or even florida huh thats weird well your still part of the gang remember when i only had the cx2 for like three months everyone still helped and i was on every day
Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 PM
HeliStyle

well I live in connecticut, I put orlando down because I pretty much live down there too lol
Old 11-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Evan T.

oh nevermind then i thought there was something weird about how you kept talking about the weather being how it is i was thinking man florida has really changed since last summer lol
Old 11-18-2008, 08:07 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Of course you are still part of the gang! We havn't forgotten you!

Hey, take your time, there is no race here to see who gets what helis first...you've got plenty of time...heck, look at me...I'm sitting here just LOOKING at my new 500, can't fly it because of the weather and season!

I still spend money on gadgets, even though I should keep it in the helis if I want to be serious...but it's good to spend a little on something else once in a while too, so buying the Stampede was cool...it will be better in the snow and cold than the B400 will anyways!

That's cool that you are checking out some B400's on eBay, and looking for bargains. There is a guy that sells just the brand new airframe, with no electronics, which would be a great way for you to go...you could add electronics as you get the money for them, and get better stuff at the same time, like good servos right off the bat...and a better gyro, ESC, and all that too...

It would be cool too, if you could get a sim, like G4....then you could really get alot of practice over the cold winter months, when it's just too cold and windy to fly (like January, and February!!).

Glad to hear all is well, and keep in touch, we still wanna hear how you're doing, even if you don't have any new helis!

Glenn
Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

LOL, I don't have anything to do now that the 500 is built, set up and flying!!

Plus, I also went through and checked everything on the B400's, both of them.

It's going to be a long, cold winter...LMAO!!

Well, guess it's time to hit the simulator!!

Glenn
Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 PM
JPEE

Hey to GUYS

Glenn, don't have much time. Just wanted to say Tood has been swallowed up. I can find him on EBay and his email is dead too.

Bye JPee

Till later
Old 11-18-2008, 08:28 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Like everyone has said you will always be apart of our group.

Glenn,

I was getting frustrated at my balancer, so I am going to go the more complex way and program a chip to do the balancing for it. I just got done rewiring the balancer and I am going to start the programming. Every circuit I build always gives me some sort of problem and never works off the bat. I guess electrical enginners probably have the same problem with new designs.

Jeff,

You are really going all out on the 500 aren't you. LOL

Nick
Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

You know, as stupid as this sounds....I am getting anxious to see/hear what the CPP 2 is like when it comes out....

I was going through my Eflite spare parts box, and I have a LOT of spare stuff for a CPP...LOL!!

Seems a shame to let it all go to waste...

I dunno, we'll see...but it should be out in about a month or so....

Just thinking...

Glenn
Old 11-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Evan T.

yeah i wish it was warm out and there were NO BUGS!!!!! lol ugh well anywho its time to go watch some vids on youtube lol thats what i do when im bored
Old 11-18-2008, 08:36 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That sounds cool....I'm sure it is quite a challenge. Reminds me of that book about transistors I was telling you about...those guys worked for YEARS to develop a replacement for the vaccum tube. But their hard work finally paid off.

I didn't know you had a way to program chips? I don't know much about it, except from my old GM days, where we had EPROMS, and EEPROMS in the powertrain control modules. We couldn't reprogram them like we can today, but a buddy of mine had a chip "burner" and he could do some neat stuff with it on the PROMS.

Yeah, Jeff is going for all the BLING on his 500! It'll win the RC model heli show with all that stuff on it!! LOL!

I can see him polishing now.....LMAO!!

Hey Jeff, we gotta rib ya once in a while!

After seeing the pics of your Honda/Acuras, it should look awesome!

Glenn
Old 11-18-2008, 09:27 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Now that you are getting more confident with the B400...

I wanna see a video of you doing this; LOL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOjLRzlDn6I&eurl

Pretty cool !!

Thought that was neat!

Glenn
Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Evan T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJla9SEJiyE

check that out its pretty cool to
Old 11-18-2008, 09:55 PM
HeliStyle

why is it not good to fly helicopters in the winter? Is it because of the lipo packs and makes plastic brittle? and will you guys be flying outside in the winter or are you packing and storing everything up untill spring?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I flew all last winter and there was no problems. The batteries won't be as efficient, but they work just fine for me. If you get in a crash more plastic will probably break. But I enjoyed flying last winter.

Glenn,

I got most of the programming to work except I can't get the transistors to turn on. But I got my microcontroller to read the voltages of the cells and display it on my LCD. I got the transistors to turn on before my second round of fixing the code. Then I had a bad potentiometer that was messing up the circuit. Oh well who said anything thats easy is fun.

I download the programming from the computer into an EEPROM and my microcontroller looks it up and knows what to do.

Here are some more pics if anyone was interested. I wanted to get a pic of the programming, but I couldn't get a clear picture of my computer screen.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31463.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1074745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44177.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1074746  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.