Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:14 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Evan,

Decisions, decisions....LOL

That golf course sounds like it would be very cool to fly at...

But, you gotta do what's best...

I need to find a larger area to fly. The place I have been flying is barely big enough for the B400, I don't think it's going to be big enough for the 500 except for hovering around.

Have fun, wherever you decide to go.

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 12:21 AM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That metal gear on the tail shaft will last a lot longer than a plastic one without crashing. I had plastic ones on my Belt CP and those wore out quickly and my metal ones on the T-Rex still look brand new.

Evan,

My headspeed is about 800RPM's slower than most 3D pilots in the 450 size and I think that is the perfect headspeed for flying around and mild 3D. So mine is at 2500RPM's and my mild 3D got worse when I increased the headspeed.

Helistyle,

Cool to hear you are gettting closer to going to college. College is more fun to me compared to Highschool. Man you work a lot. I complain with the few hours that I work, but my work is pretty boring.

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick, do you think it's a matter of less power, or less flight time, or both? I don't want to kill a battery because of the cold weather...
Glenn,

I think there is just a little less power since the batteries can't convert their chemical reactions into electricity as fast as warmer weather, but it wasn't a huge difference. I still flew the same amount last winter that I did in the summer with no problems.

If I can fly the 600 in my backyard you can fly the 500 almost any where. LOL

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Evan T.

It would be cool to buy every upgrade part that eflite makes for the b400 and put it all together that would look really nice and it would be a little more like a trex lol the only thing I would be worried about is the aluminum bending or something do you think it would bend
Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sure, the aluminum will bend in a hard enough crash...but it's pretty strong, it would probably hold up very well...much better than the plastic parts.

But, the BIG drawback to aluminum stuff is that it weighs more....and will make the heli heavier. The Blade 400 has an excellent power to weight ratio, and it's a bit lighter than a T-Rex 450....which is good later on, when you go to do aerobatics.

But, the aluminum stuff sure looks cool!

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 12:36 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

I can't speek for E-Flite, but the Align aluminum parts don't bend in a crash. But some of the cheaper helicopter upgrades use a softer aluminum and that will bend. I think your money would be better spent on good electronics and more batteries.

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hate to say "hi" and run, but I gotta go to bed for work tomorrow.

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.

Hope you all can get some flying in tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 01:27 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Talk to you tomorrow.

I should call it a night since I am sick, but bad habbits of staying up late prevent me from doing that.

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 05:09 AM
Carljw

rotarydoc
I got it 230 thursday and worked on it till 9 last night. I got the head and the frame done.
Its 430 friday now
I had to get up I am haveing a colonoscopy at 830. I had to get up 4 hours before to drink 2
more glasses of NuLytely. I get one every 5 years, not fun at all. I should have put my work
table in the bathroom last night I would have more of it built. I still have to get 4 servos
a gyro and batterys. I gota gift bag with lots of free stuf from HeliProz mouse pad two blade holders neck strap and this blue thing with different sise holes in it sort of beveled and with threads about 2 inches long with a ring on one end. I have know idea what it is. Also a cooler
and a sheet of stickers.
Carl
Old 11-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Carljw

Jpee
I got that same part, havent put it on yet wating to trash the one on there now.
It says speed up, is it suppose to give you more tail speed?
Carl
Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah I have been working many many hours and it sucks, I just can't justify working that many hours at the home depot and such, thats why I would rather work the long hours as long as its a career, thats one of the main reason im going back to school and such.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:52 AM
HeliStyle

I really need to get a scale to start weighing things, every gram mattters, you guys know where I can get a decent one?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Check out these scales....one of them is the one Nick and Jeff have...you may ask them which one it is...they really like theirs...although I think Jeff is still waiting on his to come in?

http://www.helidirect.com/index.php?cPath=62_448

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 10:06 AM
HeliStyle

for some reason I thought scales where more expensive lol
Old 11-21-2008, 01:11 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

This is the one me and Jeff have. I think it is cool that it has a touch screen and a blue backlight.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=3092

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is the scale that I thought you guys had, but I wasn't sure.

Sure sorry to hear that you are sick. I hate being sick!! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

The weather here is miserable, snow showers, wind, temps in the mid 30s...but the one bright light is that they are saying that the wind is supposed to die down for the weekend.

On my lunch break, so I gotta go.

Get better soon,

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 05:30 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I don't think I am as sick as Jeff was, but I just have a runny nose and feel tired all the time. Everyone at school was getting sick, so it was just a matter of time before I got it. I am just upset I can't fly outside, but I could do some sim.

Cool to hear you are finally getting a break with the wind. Hope you have a great weekend with the 500.

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that you are doing OK...it always sucks to be sick, but at least you aren't bed ridden or something horrible like that.

Yeah, probably best to stay out of the really cold weather for a while.

I am thinking over my cold weather strategy...I guess the best thing to do is to take the helis, and put them in the car well beforehand, to let the gyro temps stabilize....and then, only take the batteries out to the car right when I'm ready to actually leave.

Do you think that the cold temps reduce flight times, or just power levels? Should I plan on shorter flights if it's in the upper 30's?

I am definately going to try to get some flying time in this weekend, since I have to work next Saturday.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Evan T.

man I hate the cold I just flew the 400 and it was cold and the wind was blowing so it was kinds like man I can't wait till that timer starts beeping so I can go inside and that's not how I wanna be while I'm flying so I need to figure something out to where I'm not miserable ugh
Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Your 401 won't have any problem with the cold. When I had my 401 on my Belt CP I would go right outside and fly and the tail would hold great. You won't have to worry about it drifting. But you have the right idea on taking the battery out of the heat and into the cold at the last second possible. I was reading that some people block cooling ports on the canopies to help keep the battery a little warmer.

The power will be affected, but not the flight times.

Evan,

Last winter I had a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, a heavy coat, light gloves, and a hat and I felt warm enough to concentrate on flying.

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Evan T.

Well I guess that's what I should do
Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Carljw

Will every one I just finished the T500. The build went great i used Finnless videos.
Some of the links had different sizes he mentioned from the book. The worst part was the
landing gear. The skids look a little short to me and the little screws that hlod them on
could be a little bigger. I might have my pinion up aganst the moter a little to tight
when I turn the blades by hand its kind of noisy could be normal. I run a piece of paper
through the pinion and the main gear and it did not rip it.
I ordered a charger Hyperion EOS 0606i Li/NiMH/A123 AC/DC Balancing Charger (6S/6A/50W) (HP-EOS606IAD) = $139.99
I liked it becouse it has a power supply built in. All I need now is 4 servos a Gyro ans some
6cell batterys.
Carl
Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 PM
JPEE

Hey Carl,

GOOD FOR YOU, that must a be a record build. I understand you have electrics to complete but still......thata good time. Your right, you should have taken the work bench to the can, done that been there every 5 years, it is our age you know! LOL

Nick, sorry to hear your under the weather. I get a flue shot every year but as we all know that does not help for colds.

Evan, fly it like it was stolen!!

JPee
Old 11-21-2008, 08:07 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Cool to hear you got the 500 put together. Do you have any plans of flying it soon?

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Evan T.

Winter sucks it really really sucks lol except for Christmas and the break

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.