Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Doc Austin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

ORIGINAL: fliprob17

I am extremely excited to get his plane in the air on Christmas.
OK, it's 8:30 AM, December 25th. What's the holdup?

I hope the maiden goes well and you get as much joy out of your Mini Pulse as I have mine. I didn't get any airplane stuff for Christmas, but I don't care. I'm so happy with this little plane that my Christmas was made a month ago when I first flew it.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:29 AM
rc302

that right brother great littel plane me and my son are going out flying now my plulse his stormluncher going all day no wind up here in flint mich and its already 42 out great Xmas day here marry Xmas all and happy new year
Old 12-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Doc Austin

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83203.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	583382  
Old 12-25-2006, 02:47 PM
bzizzi

fliprob17,Well,how did it go ??????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Doc Austin

Name:	Xv64361.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	583582  
Old 12-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Ken Cz

Doc,
Are you still planning on doing the T-Shirts? Please post when you do.

Just ordered my MPXT[sm=tongue_smile.gif] last Friday and expect it here at the LHS by this Friday.

I already have a E-Flite 450 I plan to put it on it to start and a TP 3s2100 Lipo.
What kind of flight time can I expect out of that combo using throttle management and just some basic flying at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle?

After following this link for some time I am really anxious to get started!
You guys could make a Great Commercial for this plane! You sure got me excited over it!

I am a relatively new flyer (2 months on Hobbyzone RTF) and hope I can handle it!

Ken
Old 12-25-2006, 11:28 PM
rc302

ive flew my for about 20 min i never let it go out thats with e-flite 450 tp 2100 i would not fly this plane for your 1st low wing plane but is a nice flying plane allmost lost mine today brand new dx6 radio and servo did a rudder kick stall and rudder servo stuck full left was hell getting it in with a cross wind blowing left after it touched down hit a post but didn't damage anything think god i love this plane more then my edge e-flite or parkzone 190 p51
Old 12-26-2006, 01:31 AM
Fliprob17

Ya, Ya I know. I stole the morning from my 4 month old son to maiden the MPXT, so I had to give the fam. the rest of the day Got out at about 6:45am.

Maiden: 480 1020kv w/ APC 11x7 SF

- defintely 5 smileys

It went really well. What a great plane.
Range Test: I have been flying my Cessna at this spot for about 4 months now, but wanted to check the range with the MPXT anyway, no problems.
Take-off: [:-][X(][:-] The 480 1020kv is a BEAST.....off the ground in 5-6ft and straight up, unlimited vertical as long as I would have wanted it to. At about 300ft (seriously) [:-] in 5-7 seconds I figured....ok, that's enough

I did about 3-4 laps around the school getting the feel for it. Diving down, then back up again. It did want to dive a little to the right. So I trimmed it out some so it was pretty much level, but really I need to adjust the linkages. At the end of the 4th lap I dove down in close to us, about 15ft off the ground, and just hammered the throttle, and eased back on the elevator. Straight up, about 5-6 rolls and about 200ft later I flattened her back out. Again [:-] unbelievable how fast and smooth this plane/motor climb. It really is like a rocket. Pretty much just putted around the park for a while throwing in a roll here and there, and a climb here and there. I played it pretty safe, so after 7-8 minutes I started bringing her down and circling to bleed off speed for the landing. Very smooth flying with this plane.

Landing: after about 5 condensed laps she was just gliding nicely about 4-5ft off the grass, brought her around coming towards me and set her down, a little harder than I wanted to, about a foot off the ground she just dropped, but no biggie. Everything was fine. NOW I AM COMPLETELY HOOKED. CAN"T WAIT TO GET HER UP AGAIN.

By the time I actually touched down it was about 9-10 minutes. Checked the voltage and it was at 11.40, so I easily could have doubled my flight time, if not more. But better safe than sorry the first time out

It was just really nice to have a plane with some huevos I have been flying this foamie cessna with a brushed 480 motor since May. It has no power, you climb up to about 150 ft, and that is it, it just does not have the power to get you outta trouble or climb at any time. What a BIG BIG difference now with the MPXT and the 480 motor

Doc, the shirts are looking sweet. I am definitely in.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Doc Austin

Maiden: 480 1020kv w/ APC 11x7 SF
Good choice. I'm going to try a 12/6, but I need bigger wheels because ground clerance is marginal.

ORIGINAL: fliprob17 - defintely 5 smileys

It went really well. What a great plane.
I'm very pleased for you. I know you've really been looking forward to this plane.

ORIGINAL: Ken Cz

Doc,
Are you still planning on doing the T-Shirts? Please post when you do.
That's the plan, but there are some copyright issues, so we'll have to do it quietly by PM. I can't go on the internet and sell the things, but there's no law against making some for myself and a few friends. I don't think E flite is going to mind having the shirts out there unless I'm making money by blatantly ripping off their copyright. That isn't the intent. The intent is to make them because I want them, and maybe pass a few around to some friends.

I already have a E-Flite 450 I plan to put it on it to start and a TP 3s2100 Lipo.
What kind of flight time can I expect out of that combo using throttle management and just some basic flying at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle?
I'm getting 12-15 minutes with a 480, and I beat the snot out of my Pulse, so one can only imagine. I'de say 20 minutes easy, and maybe even as much as 30 if you aren't flying it hard. I was getting at least 15 minutes with the 450, and I never even came close to losing power, so if you're taking it easy the battery will probably last longer than you'll want to fly.

After following this link for some time I am really anxious to get started!
You guys could make a Great Commercial for this plane! You sure got me excited over it!
I was dead wrong in my initial assessment of the plane. E Flite almost never gets it wrong, so I went with the 450 to begin with. After that, I assumed the plane was just a docile little ole puppy.and not really what I was after. It is a docile ole puppy with the 450, but with the 480 it's definitely my kind of plane.

My sources inside E Flite tell me they never tested it with a 480 because they were so pleased with the way it flew on a 450. With the little motor they hit their target square in the bullseye: it's a great little sport plane for the guy who wants something really attractive that isn't going to bite him. It's extremely stable and forgiving. That's what they were going after when they designed it, and that's what they got.

But, throw all that out the window if you put a 480 in it. The plane is still very stable. In fact, it's more stable than a Mini Ultra Stick, but with the extra power you can make it do things it isn't supposed to do and if it isn't as fast on top end as a Mini Ultra Stick, it's really, really close. It's not quite the same brutal beast that the Mini Ultra is (probably because it is so much smoother), but it's definitely one of the quickest planes around in terms of acceleration. A nitro plane will be faster on top speed, but I don't think there's much that will out-accelerate the Mini Pulse with a 480 under the cowling.

I am a relatively new flyer (2 months on Hobbyzone RTF) and hope I can handle it!
If the Hobbyzone has ailerons, you won't have much trouble transitioning. The 450 is probably good for you. I'de say get an experienced pilot to trim it out and stay with you for a few flights, and you'll be just fine with it. Use it for mild aerobatics and shooting touch and goes. It's such a pretty plane that i like to bring it in close with the nose way up, just so I can admire it.

I'm much more comfortable with the extra power on tap. I've gotten used to it and I rely on it to pull me out of trouble. The first thing I teach students is that the throttle is the most important control they have, and if that's the way you fly, you'de better have something under the hood when you hammer the coals to it. You'll see it the video that I continually stall the plane extremely deep very close to the ground. You'de better not try that unless you have enough power to recover, and the 480 give you that and more.

For the guy with less experience, just go with the 450 because this plane is made for you. With the 1320 battery, the plane is extremely light and floaty, very similar to a trainer. With the 2100 pack it's more in line, weight-wise, with most sport planes, and she will sink into a nice, nose-high- flare with very little effort and absolutely no trouble.

However, with the 480, the plane is a little too much for the guy who isn't very experienced. If you're flying a plane that you have to keep pegged just to keep it from falling out of the air, the Pulse with the 480 is going to be a little scary. It's like anything else.If you are learning how to drive a car, you don't want to be behind the wheal of an Indycar until you know what you are doing with a Previs, but once you are comfortable, that fast car is easier to drive. That's the way the Pulse is. With the 450 it's a great plane to transition to low wings with, but with the 480, it's completely out there and very high on the wild scale.

In short, nearly as perfect as a mini Ultra stick, only much prettier.

Name:	Sq45740.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	583772  
Old 12-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Doc Austin

We're waiting for it to stop raining, so I'm piddling away with photoshop trying to come up with something cool.....................

Name:	Da83399.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	583797  
Old 12-26-2006, 10:34 AM
bzizzi

[quote]ORIGINAL: fliprob17

Take-off: The 480 1020kv is a BEAST.....off the ground in 5-6ft and straight up, unlimited vertical as long as I would have wanted it to. At about 300ft (seriously) in 5-7 seconds I figured....ok, that's enough

Glad to hear everything went real good,don't you just love how this plane does ROG take offs.
I am getting about 18-20 flight times with the himax and the TP 2100 and it has awesome power.
What did you think of the SF prop.Not slow at all is it !!! They are also more flexible than the E props
and therefore do not break as easily if they hit when landing.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Snoopyxupery

I have now the Mini Pulse XT ready to fly but we have snow here in Montreal, so, unless I ware boots on my plane I will have to wait
Old 12-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Fliprob17

ORIGINAL: bzizzi

Glad to hear everything went real good,don't you just love how this plane does ROG take offs.
I am getting about 18-20 flight times with the himax and the TP 2100 and it has awesome power.
What did you think of the SF prop.Not slow at all is it !!! They are also more flexible than the E props
and therefore do not break as easily if they hit when landing.
Ya, the SF prop worked nice. Lots of thrust at relatively low throttle settings [:-]

It really is a fun plane to fly.

Doc,
I put 2-1/4" wheels on mine and the clearance with the 12x6 is ok, marginal, but ok. That last MPXT shirt idea was really nice, I think I like that one so far.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Doc Austin

You sure waited long enough to fly it, so I'm glad it's everything you were expecting it to be. As you fly it more it will get even better. It takes awhile to learn a new plane's nuiannces, and it takes time to really lean on a plane hard and trust it. The Pulse is so rock solid I just point it where i want it to go and I don't have to think ahead because it responds exactly like I'm expecting it to.

I traded off a Mini Ultra Stick kit today and got another Mini Pulse kit. Now that I have a backup, I'm really going to hang it out and put that baby right on the deck. If the weather is nice tomorrow, I hope to have some more video. my friend got a new camera that turns the video into mpegs right in the camera, so I should be able to download the video and upload directly here.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Snoopyxupery

[img][/img]

Name:	Fd93264.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	584187  
Old 12-27-2006, 12:45 AM
hobby-plane-rc

parkzone?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:50 PM
zoott

What did you guys set your travel / D/R and expo too. I tried to search for it but came up empty.
I just now received a radio with D/r and expo .So I'm a newbie cut me some slack lol. I got the dx-7 for Christmas.
Thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Fliprob17

ORIGINAL: Doc Austin

You sure waited long enough to fly it, so I'm glad it's everything you were expecting it to be. As you fly it more it will get even better. It takes awhile to learn a new plane's nuiannces, and it takes time to really lean on a plane hard and trust it. The Pulse is so rock solid I just point it where i want it to go and I don't have to think ahead because it responds exactly like I'm expecting it to.
Ya, no kidding. I bought it back in September on backorder. Got it the second week in October, and finally flew it on Christmas. 3 months of agonizing anticipation but well worth it, and it made the little lady happy that I waited til' Christmas bonus points for me

Old 12-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Snoopyxupery

No this is the first cub I made by miself in foam. I'll send the plan to any one want to built one.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Snoopyxupery

No this is the first cub I made by miself in foam. I'll send the plan to any one want to built one.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
bzizzi

After the storm front went through,it's too windy for my
park flyers but not the US 25e,I like the way it cuts right thru the
wind.The power of the 32 is awesome,I put the ESC @ 10% braking
and it really helps slow the big bird down for a safe landing.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Snoopyxupery

This is a Gee Bee D Imade from scratch. It was flying agressively but I had a short circut in the ESC and it crash.

Name:	Ca81678.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	584604  
Old 12-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Doc Austin

ORIGINAL: zoott

What did you guys set your travel / D/R and expo too. I tried to search for it but came up empty.
I just now received a radio with D/r and expo .So I'm a newbie cut me some slack lol. I got the dx-7 for Christmas.
Thanks
From the Mini Pulse Pulse manual:

Control Throws

. 1. Turn on the transmitter and receiver of your Mini
Pulse XT. Check the movement of the rudder,
elevator and ailerons using the transmitter.
Reverse the direction of the servos at the
transmitter if necessary.

. 2. Use a ruler to adjust the throw of the elevator,
ailerons and rudder. Adjust the position of
the pushrod at the control horn to achieve the
following measurements when moving the sticks to
their endpoints.

Measurements are taken at the widest point on the surface.

Low Rate High Rate
Ailerons:
Up/Down 3/8" (9mm) 1/2" (13mm)
Elevator:
Up/Down 1/4" (6mm) 1/2" (13mm)
Rudder:
Right/Left 1 1/4" (32mm) 1 1/2" (38mm)

These are general guidelines measured from our own flight
tests. You can experiment with higher rates to match your
preferred style of flying.

I set up up my original Mini Pulse exaclty like the manual said, and it was perfect except the roll rate was a little slow for my tastes. Still, if you're a newbie, that ought to be perfect.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Snoopyxupery

I preffered to fix the canpy with screws, that way I can access if I have to.
About the propeller shaft I find it a bit short with the 8x10 propeller.

Name:	Bz78999.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	584695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73866.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	584696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35258.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	584697  
Old 12-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Fliprob17

The prop adapter is a little short with the bigger props. That is another reason why I ditched the spinner. I did the same thing with the canopy, it just adds a nice little look too. I think Doc suggested it after he put his together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.