Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:43 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

<span lang="EN">

For the copterX head to work I need to make these modifications I can’t do this, is there a cnc that just drops in without all the mods.</p>

First we need to change Main Shaft from copterX Head and use Belt CP Main Shaft.
</p>

CopterX links are about 2mm bigger than belt cp, so we cant use belt cp balls on swashplate.

Another problem we got is because swashplate lock pin, is bigger than esky one, so it will not fit on AR pin, because of this is needed to remove excess from sides to copterX fit inside and slides up and down without any problem.
</p>

AR pin will be touching the ELEV link even when installed on edge, so remove excess on down side of AR pin to ELEV link slides up and down without be touching the AR pin.
</p><font size="2"></font></span>
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
joeyhatch11

Nothing you buy is going to be a direct drop in without having to mess with the links. New to helis or not your going to find yourself making adjustments sooner or later and thats what were here for. Go to helidirect.com, spend the extra money on a good head and tail combo like I did and start asking questions when it comes time for install. The HDX head is pretty much a drop in. You'll get it completely assembled but you'll have to adjust the links go regain the right pitch on the main blades, so get yourself a pitch gauge while your at it. The copter-x head/tail isn't bad and I've read good things about them but check that shipping cost when you order, it's going to be high. Plus I dont think there are any spares parts to be found in the US.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:47 PM
happy-dingo

Ok Thnx for the advise is appreciated think ill spend the extra and get the CNC upgrades  not much point getting something just to bust it up on the first harsh landing.... <div>have fun </div><div>thanks Dingo</div>
Old 09-16-2009, 03:52 AM
wzak29

<span lang="EN">

These cnc assembled heads look like they just drop in with just a little adjusting, what do you think of them?</p><u><font size="4" color="#0000ff"><font size="4" color="#0000ff">

<font size="4"><span lang="EN"></span></font></font></font></u></span><u><font size="4" color="#0000ff"><font size="4" color="#0000ff"><span lang="EN">http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-1158/ESky-Belt-CP-CNC/Detail</span></font></font></u>
Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 AM
joeyhatch11

That combo should be real nice. Anything made of 7075 aluminum is going to be tough. I think that's as tough as it gets. Plus cncheli.com will always have spare parts in stock when you need them. Does that set-up use the stock Esky Main shaft? Only reason I ask is because I know the stock main shafts aren't worth the damn and bend rather easy. The HDX main shafts are 5mm thick and made of solid steal, where the Eskys are hollowed out I think. Another good idea is to call HeliDirect and talk to there text support and see what they say. I've called them a few times and explained what I had and what I was looking to do and they are great at getting you what you need with out killing you on product cost. Just an idea. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do. Later, Joe
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 AM
wzak29

you can buy a steel shaft for $5.00

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-CP-CNC/Detail
Old 09-16-2009, 08:36 AM
joeyhatch11

Than I'd say its worth it and give it a try. Let meknow what you think when you get it and if you need help while putting it on let us know. Joe
Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Disney1

I agree about the stock Main shafts.
I have also found them not to be perfectly straight.
I use these Stainless Steel ones.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=778
Perfectly straight and much tougher than the stock ones.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:06 AM
wzak29

<span lang="EN">

Thank’s Joey, I will need help putting it on and adjusting it, I will not be getting it for a few weeks. Head, tail, flybar, blades, Etc. is $215.00 that more than I paid for the cp v2! But sure will look and fly great.</p></span>
Old 09-19-2009, 06:03 AM
wzak29

Hade bad crash with my e-sky belt cp v2 lot of head damage, so I thought this would be a good time for a CNC head/tail
upgrade. All of the cnc upgrades I see say it&rsquo;s for a belt cp not the v2, will a cp v1 upgrade work on the cp v2?.
Also most of the good deals are cnc head/tail are kits, being new I don&rsquo;t know how to assemble the cnc kits is there
any information on how you do this?.
Thank toy for any help
Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 AM
joeyhatch11

Go with the cnc hed/tail combo on the above link from cncheli.com. That'll fit your Belt CP V2 just fine. And like I keep saying, the HDX450SE V4 is a awsome head that fits right on the V2. Here's a link: http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-h...s1-p-10164.hdx One great thing about this head is the feather shaft is 4mm where most others are 3mm. This head can really take a beating. Mines been through hell and just recently, after many many crashes, I finally bent the rotor head. So take a look price if fair and replacements parts are always available.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:43 AM
wzak29

it says it is for a cp will it work on a cp v2?
<span lang="EN"><font color="#00265e" size="4">http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-1158/ESky-Belt-CP-CNC/Detail</font></span></p>
Old 09-19-2009, 06:55 AM
joeyhatch11

Did you notice that head is $94, as where the HDX one is only $72? I'd go with the HDX one to be honest. I know it works and it works very well. You'll save money and HeliDirect's customer support is beyond awsome. You'll be happy you went with the HDX, trust me. As for the cncheli head, I dont know if it'll fit. Thats something I'd call in and find out before spending that kind of money. Damn for $107, you can get the HDX head/tail combo. Although there out of stock now I'm sure they'll have them back in soon. And with you living in NY the Priority shipping with HeliDirect is super fast, you'll have it in 2 days. I order stuff on Friday and have it Monday. Thats nice as hell.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:41 AM
wzak29

Thank you for your time joey, the heli direct head looks great I will order it Monday. If you can please answer a
a few questions?
Does it come assembled because I don&rsquo;t know how to put one together.
I only have the Esky stock 2.4G radio is this ok or do I need a programmable one to adjust a cnc head?
Can I use the stock Esky wood blades on this head?
Is this the correct tail assembly?
http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-t...aa-p-10163.hdx</p>

Thank you so much I&rsquo;m just a beginner, had two bad 15sec. Flights but not going to give up I love them to much, even
thought I&rsquo;m not flying much I still love working on them.</p>

I was just thinking, all of my electronics work fine rx. Servo, esc. Motor, gyro, Etc. if I could buy a barebones heli
and transfer all the electronics to it might be a better way to go? Like a barebones belt cp v2 carbon edition? What
do you think?
Thank&rsquo;s Bill

do you have a link to the head/tail combo?
</p>
Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 AM
joeyhatch11

Nothing against Esky but I was always told to stay away. Everyone said to get a heli where the servo connected directly to the swash. Where with your Belt CP there are arms in the mix before they get to the swash. This is what I did with my Esky Belt CP V2. First I bought that HDX450SE V4 head/tail, which will work fine, with the stock Esky 2.4ghz radio. You'll find with the new head you'll have to use the smaller balls on your stock Esky swash, on the HDX swash. But transfering them is super easy and I can even help you with that. You'll also have to use the Esky "guide pin" on the swash, on the HDX too. But again, SUPER easy. The HDX head is fully assembled and your stock woodies should fit those new CNC blade grips. If they dont, then simply get these. http://www.helidirect.com/335mm-pro-...er-p-10338.hdx. I'm use to running 325mm blades but these 335's will make hovering a little more stable. When these blades come back in stock please do yourself a favor and order like 3-4 sets. They are awsome, track perfectly and the cost is SUPER low. http://www.helidirect.com/325mm-pro-...50-p-10348.hdx

Anyway, as for an air frame, I went and bought a HDX450SE V4 super frame. Cost around $80 with the new gears and all. The only problem though is because of how the servos are laid out on the frame, the stock Esky transmitter wouldn't work. I couldn't reverse the servo direction to get the swash to move right. From there I went on TowerHobbies website and bought the Futaba 7C 2.4ghz radio using there "easy pay" option. It's a $300 radio that was broken down into three "easy" payments. Let me just tell you that this radio is badas$ and will be the last radio I buy. There are so many options in the menu for changing the settings. You could even adjust the settings to make the heli feel no so sensitive untill you get better at flying.

But dont feel overwhelmed with everything you just read. Take one thing at a time and just learn as you go. Messing with a heli to get all your settings right isn't as hard as you think. You might be affraid to adjust the settings like your going to mess it up or something, which you might do. I know I did, more than once too. But it's part of the learning process. The guys here on the forums told me to read the threads and watch the videos. Go to helifreak.com and watch the "heli set-up 101" videos. That'll be a huge help to you.
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=52530

As for spare parts for this new head. You'll find everything you need at helidirect or even ebay. One time when HeliDirect was out of main shafts I found them here on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/SX450-S04-HDX450...4999.m20.l1116 I dont know if they messed up when shipping to me but I ordered 3 main shafts and I got three, 3 packs. So 9 main shafts for $10 shipped hahaha. The item description says (1) 5mm shaft but I managed to get lucky I guess. hahaha Oh and that is the right tail you posted. Here is a link to the frame I upgraded to. http://www.helidirect.com/superframe...elt-p-1094.hdx
Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 AM
wzak29

<span lang="EN">

The Swashplate guide and pin looks different? are you sure this head will work as I am going to order it today</p><font size="2"></font></span>
Old 09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
foehammer29

how much space does this thing need to fly and how breakable is it
Old 09-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Blitzer Fan

Not that much space if you can control it..iv flown between my fence and my shed about 3m x 3m in when it was slightly windy and im no pro...iv crashed mine 2-3(3rd wasnt bad) times.. 1st time bent feathering shaft, stripped top gear,broken blades - Repair got CopterX CNC head+tail, 325mm blades new gear -about $60 bit of a over repair but i had money. 2nd crash broken blades stripped top gear, dent in tail boom - Repair undented tail, new blades new gear - about $30 3rd crash stripped gear and burned esc which i still have to replace..for about $35-45 ..
Old 09-20-2009, 11:06 AM
the columbian08

NO, NO, Keep your hands off the idle up. If you don't know any more about heli's than this, you need alot of training before trying to fly a cp. Download a simulator and practice. Start with a lama coaxial. Go to a honey bee. Through that belt away and get something better. i sen mine back, it was screwed up when i got it.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 AM
the columbian08

It depends on which side of the plane your looking at. If your on the right side with the nose to yourright,counter clock wise If on the left with the tail on your right it will be clockwise.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Blitzer Fan

I havent flown a heli before and i went straight to the CP...only had a few crashes..if your patient and have good co-ordination you dont have to go through the co-axle-FP route..i didnt..think im getting pretty good at flying mine...
Old 09-20-2009, 01:13 PM
wzak29

Joey I just ordered these should have them in about 3 days will let you know when I receive them, Bill
1 x Swashplate Mount - Belt CP EK5-0445 (EK5-0445) = $2.49
HDX450SE V4 Head System w/Flybar Paddle
BLACK) SX450SE-HS1 (SX450SE-HS1) = $71.99</p>

</p>
Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 PM
wzak29

is this the right cnc tail upgrade for my belt cp v2?
http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-t...aa-p-10163.hdx
Old 09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
joeyhatch11

Wzak, Yes thats the tail you want. You'll be fine. Your going to take the "guide pin" off your Esky swash plate and put in on the HDX swash. Take a look at your new swash: http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-c...05-p-10158.hdx, you going to remove the HDX long guide pin and put your esky one in it's place. You'll also be removing the three balls on the HDX swash and putting the Esky balls on. But dont get rid of any of those pieces. Get a small parts bin and save them. That HDX pin will be used later when you get a new HDX frame, if you go that route.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM
happy-dingo

Joeyhatch, Happy <span style="font-family: Helvetica; ">Anniversary ....3 yrs in the forum  </span><div><font face="Helvetica">
</font></div><div><font face="Helvetica">Have Fun </font></div><div><font face="Helvetica">Dingo</font></div>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.