Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

I hear ya evan, its 20 degrees right now, and feels like snow is coming, I broke my stampede today snapped the top of the front shock off as well as cracked the front bulkhead in half lol
Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Thanks for the info on the 401 and the batteries...that will come in handy to know tomorrow and Sunday. I am wondering if the Eflite 110 is temperature sensitive?

Carl,

That was a quick build! Good luck when you get your electronics in....you'll be flying that thing in no time!

Evan,

Yeah, it's almost as cold here as it is for Heli....going into the teens here tonight....LOL, what is "cold" in Texas....like 50 degrees? I'm not going to see much over freezing tomorrow, maybe 37 or 38 for a high...

Heli,

I can relate....it was snowing here earlier...and really cold, and windy along with it....it'll be coming your way soon!!!

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 10:26 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The G90 is really tempature sensitive, but I don't know about the G110. Since they are kind of similar the G110 might be the same way.

It has been in the low 30's the last couple of days here.

Nick
Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Carljw

Nick
I need 4 servos a Gyro and batterys, I ordered a charger today. I have 2 E- Flite
batterys I could double up but they are only 1800. I have one thunder Power 2100 and a G-force 1800.
was thinking about getting another one of them and decided what the heck I might as well just wate and get some 6 cells and just use the 3 cells on my B400 that I run 4 batterys through
tonight in a gym I fly in and the last battery was just about done and i dumb thumed it and come down to hard and bent the spindle. So now I have a saturday project.
Carl
Old 11-21-2008, 11:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

That's great ya got it, and assembled it ! Were you waiting for the delivery, and standing by with cookies and milk for the gent bringing the 500 ?!...

Heli ~

Well I just got my scale today, and its sweet... Its like Nicks, same price, but I decided on the one with the cover to go over it just to help protect it in my adventures... But very cool ! It will weigh small stuff, but then I still can use my Postal scale or my other gram scale for the bigger stuff... I'am finally covered now on the weighing of things...

Well guys I finally got my two orders in today for the 500... Haven't done anything yet, as I've been stuck on RCU across the board to another thread I'am attached to...LOL... I've been there the last few days, but I've been keeping up on the posts here also... So now I get to disassemble the whole 500 back down to nothing again, and start over with the $350.00 in bling for her... LOL... Haven't even flown it yet... YIKES... To top it off, I just got back from the LHS with another $55.00 of stuff for it... I think I now have more spare parts than the LHS... LMAO... I told them to just keep ordering stuff, and I'll keep stocking up so I can fly this thing like I stole it and not have to worry...

Alright, I gotta get busy but the rain is suppose to come here by Sunday, so I'll probably milk this build to the max, since I won't be able to fly it anyway until hopefully thursday when the rain stops... Figures huh ? Last week was nice, this coming week is gonna be crappy...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31625.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1076588   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43318.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1076589  
Old 11-21-2008, 11:16 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

wow that is a sweet scale, I need to pick one up soon, where did you get that one again, I think glenn posted something on it
Old 11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Sounds like you've got quite a project there, with all that bling to install! I guess you decided not to fly it all stock for comparisons after all...???

It also sounds like your project will turn out like mine...get it completed, and then have crappy weather for days on end, so you can't even fly it! LOL!

Well, have fun, and try to post some pics so we can follow the upgrades! I'd like to see more detail on some of that stuff you are installing there....

With any luck, I'll be able to get the 500 in the air for a little bit this weekend, anyways...if I feel confident that I have it at least trimmed out, I"ll try to get some video for you guys, but no promises!

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 11:33 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That scale is at Helidirect....

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=3091

Hope that helps....any snow yet?

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 PM
rotarydoc

Well,

Everyone is quiet...lol!

My big heli purchase tonight was a new canopy for the B400....I stole the canopy off of my spare after my inverted attempt/crash...so I used my $10 gift certificate at the LHS, and got a new one...lol

Don't everybody post at once....lol!

I hope the winter time isn't this boring/slow on the forums...lol

Glenn
Old 11-21-2008, 11:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Man I can't wait to get back home because I love the snow... I'am like a little kid, and get up throughout the night peeking to see if its falling...LOL...

Heli ~

Glenn got the link for ya....

Glenn ~

I know I haven't even flown it, and doing the thing your NOT suppose to do, and that is add aftermarket stuff before even flying it... YIKES...LMAO... I was like that with the MCX also... Before I even flew it, I was hacking the flybar up... I'am eating dinner right now, and then ya might not see me for a few days ! LOL... No... I'll keep up with the posts, and try and post some pics so maybe if there is any of this stuff you guys want for your 500's you can see what it looks like already, and I'll be weighing each piece along with the stock pieces also for comparison... But Glenn, you already have most of it already on your ESP version... And I still need 2 more pieces of CNC on the rear tail area... The slider, and the bell crank... Next payday... I'am tapped right now...LOL.. And I don't touch the savings no matter what, I don't care for what... I always make sure a partial of my check goes in there... Cool... I'am finally able to build this thing and get started...Geez... I have it mocked up and built mostly, but couldn't really go any further as I was waiting for these parts, and I still have to disassemble it pretty far again... But it was so fun, I'll just have to do it again....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18093.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1076608  
Old 11-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Evan T.

Heli how did you brake the pede hit a curb or a big jump and the combination of the cold
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 AM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

I can hear your 500 calling for the HS5245's..........

Old 11-22-2008, 01:48 AM
JPEE

Hello Jeff,

Thats some nice looking bling you have there kiddo. You better get started on the real build or Carl is going to kick your butt and be out there ah-flying before you.

JPee
Old 11-22-2008, 02:20 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hello Jeff,

Thats some nice looking bling you have there kiddo. You better get started on the real build or Carl is going to kick your butt and be out there ah-flying before you.

JPee

LOL... Yeah huh ! I was thinking that the other day, and was going to joke at him and say, ya better not be out flying before me Mr.... Hopefully he'll get the rest of his gear soon... This will be great that a few here have the 500, just to compare and learn stuff from each other... Maybe Glenn will get tired of his, and give ya his...?!...

Take care JPEE.... Go drive over to Lookyj's tommorow and show him what a real bike looks like...LMAO....

~ Jeff
Old 11-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Evan T.

Jeff

Nice job with the 500 LOL I wish I was in your shoes with a build like that it would be so much fun and awesome to see all of those extra parts lying around well hope you have a nice rebuild lol I wish I had something like that to do right now

Everyone

Thanks for all of the nice comments and the help so far I really apreciate it

Haha it sounds like I'm telling a big good by but I'm not so somebody say something
Old 11-22-2008, 12:15 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

I'm here, yeah, the forum has been a bit slow lately!

Are you going to get any flights in today?

You are welcome for the comments and help, if you have any more questions that we can help with, just ask...

I know what you are saying about Jeff's build...he's nice and busy....since I finished my 500 build...I am BORED !!!!!

The weather here is pretty ugly....more wind and cold....the temp is like 33....with 30 MPH winds again, feels like 23 degrees outside...

Hope the weather in TX is better!

LOL....I need to go crash a helicopter, so I'll have something to rebuild...

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 01:09 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

If I remember right you got the 50W charger and with a 22.2V battery the max current you can charge with is 2.25A which will be on the slow side if you get the capacity of Jeff's batteries. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that. If you went with a 5S setup like Jeff the max then would be 2.7A.

Jeff,

My scale also came with a cover, but they didn't show that in the pic on Helidirect's website. Sorry to hear about your up coming weather, so you can't fly the 500 sooner.

Glenn,

Sorry I wasn't on later last night to make the thread not so slow, but I felt like crap and called it a night.

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Evan T.

well it got warmer today and I have flown 2 packs today with the factory curves and I like It like this it's more stable like you said but shorter flight times so far I've had 16 flights
Old 11-22-2008, 01:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Well you could always tear the 500 down and do it again ?! Hey... I have a question for you... On your main bearing holders, (I got the same ones as you) did you mount them both in the frames with the logo's/lettering facing up on both ? I can't read Chinese and the little paper for instructions seemed like its trying to come across as putting the top one with the label up, and the bottom one with the label down ? I think I'll just mount them both with the lettering up, if you did... Or even if Nick did on his 600....

Evan ~

So hopefully the Blade 400 life is treating ya good, as it seems it is... Pretty cool heli for sure... In my RC-Heli mag on the review for the 400, they say it has a faster punch-out than the Trex 450 SE V2... Once ya start adding weight then it will slowly diminish unless you lose weight in other areas, or add more power from the esc or motor... Were still waiting on a video of the bad boy... The other day you had me thinking, as I was going to try and maybe use my Razor phone video cam and strap it to the ol' Trex and see what I could come up with as far as a flight video...LMAO... Haven't got to it yet though...

Nick ~

Man I love these scales ! I can weigh a tiny thin micro washer and it will pick it up and weigh it ! That's cool then your comes with a cover then... So since you can take your cover off and mine ya can't, I would say then that yours would be the better one, as that cover then would not get in the way if you were to put something on the scale part where you weigh something and if it extended past the tray it wouldn't hit the cover like mine... But for anything to big, I'll just use my other ones, but thought I'd bring it up in case one of the guys here wanted to get one... There the same price, but Nicks is better guys...FYI... I love the pretty blue lights...LOL..

Hope ya get better... Been there done that... I had NO energy at all....

~ Jeff

Old 11-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Evan T.

Yeah I'm gonnago outside and set up a mounting spot for my phone brb
Old 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys Im only gonna be able to make a hover video since I will have to be flying in one spot do to the camera staying still
Old 11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Carljw

I will have to wate for Santa to bring them, too much on my Visa for now LOL.
I probley got it up the close to 750.00 now with the Hile tools and the charger.
Carl

Ya I am board too with no more 500 build. I slamed down my B400 last night in the gym and told my buddy will it looks like I have something to do this weekend now but only bent the
spindle and with the fly bar trick in 5 minutes I was done. Those X gear skids save my butt a lot.
Cant do any more till I get servos and a gyro on the 500
Carl
Old 11-22-2008, 02:27 PM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

That's great your gonna try out the camera video... It will be plenty enough just to see a video. I actually can't wait to see how the quality is... I want to try mine for a video flight strapped to the Trex... If you already don't have a You-Tube account its fast and easy to set one up. Sometimes downloading a video takes a bit, and there quality is poor as they compress the vids, but other than that its pretty neat...

Carl ~

Yeah well no rush huh ? You picked a good time anyway to get started on it anyhow, since winter is pretty much here. Me and Glenn will just be sitting here staring at ours anyway from the bad weather.. So your not missing much really... Yeah I hear ya on the expense part. Luckily I already had a charger, but I still needed a power supply though. Along with those 4 Thunder Power 5-cell 3300 mah 25c batts, I've pushed to the $2100 mark so far... YIKES I know... I could have just got the 600 ESP...LOL... I still have a few more things to get, but then I'am calling it good as it will never end. Maybe later this summer I'll upgrade the ESC and motor though...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Evan T.

Well I made a video and someone called me 1:30 into the flight and my phone stopped the video so it is only 1:30 long but I can't upload it until I go to my dads or somethinganr yes I do have a tube account so it should be easy
Old 11-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Evan T.

Oh and it was gusty so it was getting blown around a little and plus I'm still getting used to the new headspeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.