Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 02:53 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

My mainshaft supports look just a little different than yours, but the way I did it was have the one on the left in your pic on top and the one on right on the bottom just the same way they are facing in your pictures.

Yeah I used my cover as a support on my scale so I could weigh the Gaui.

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for that info... I think the instructions then for mine made sense the way I thought I had understood it, but I wasn't so sure... After you said that, I believe then that I better do it that way, even though I can't see there being a diff... But I won't take the chance ! I remember Finless stating it didn't matter which way the plastic bearing holders went, but these are different it seems from the instructions written in Chinese. And what you just said verified it even more... Thanks a lot... Tonight I'll be putting them in the frames... I have the whole heli tore-down to bits again...

Well guys I took the MCX outside for a flight or two, but this time I didn't use my shortened flybar with the tubular style weighted flybar, but instead used one of those older version flybars that came with the MCX and it is the paddle-type weighted flybar... My oh my, what a hefty pig of a flybar system ! The tubular styles are so much better ! I did leave the paddle type I tried today stock as you can see in the video below... There is still forward flight, but not nearly as much with the shortened tubular type...

Watch in high quality or you know the routine of it being blurry if not.... Got to go play now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opye6yL684

~ Jeff

Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Carljw

I have a parts bag left over 500HZ4 with tie wraps ball links and other screws and washers.
There are two black pieces about one inch long with a hole in each end made of metel what are they for did anyone use them in the build.
Carl
Old 11-22-2008, 03:42 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, we're a little busier now!

Nick,

It's all good, I figured you werent' feeling well, and logged off to get some sleep...hope you are feeling better today...

Evan,

Very cool on the video, make sure you let us know when you get it uploaded...even if it did get interupted!

Carl,

Yeah, I ended up with that same bag...never even opened it...I think those spare parts are for another model or something, Jeff had the same thing, I do believe, except his were plastic, I think? Anyways, don't sweat it...mine flys without anything from that bag...LOL!

Jeff,

Well, at the risk of stirring up a controversy...I mounted mine with the lettering up....on both. Reason being, as best as I can tell from the manual, that is the way they go....but then again, the manual also shows the end links on the wrong way too...

I'll let you decide;

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12100.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1076975  
Old 11-22-2008, 04:00 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for that info... I think the instructions then for mine made sense the way I thought I had understood it, but I wasn't so sure... After you said that, I believe then that I better do it that way, even though I can't see there being a diff... But I won't take the chance ! I remember Finless stating it didn't matter which way the plastic bearing holders went, but these are different it seems from the instructions written in Chinese. And what you just said verified it even more... Thanks a lot... Tonight I'll be putting them in the frames... I have the whole heli tore-down to bits again...

Well guys I took the MCX outside for a flight or two, but this time I didn't use my shortened flybar with the tubular style weighted flybar, but instead used one of those older version flybars that came with the MCX and it is the paddle-type weighted flybar... My oh my, what a hefty pig of a flybar system ! The tubular styles are so much better ! I did leave the paddle type I tried today stock as you can see in the video below... There is still forward flight, but not nearly as much with the shortened tubular type...

Watch in high quality or you know the routine of it being blurry if not.... Got to go play now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opye6yL684

~ Jeff

Jeff,

Your welcome. How can you see the MCX sometimes outside? When you got out really far I couldn't see it on youtube.

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 04:04 PM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

That bag is just a spare parts bag... Those are spacers you are talking about that go inside your tail boom mount that meshes it together and where the screws go into... The 500 CF kit's are plastic, where the ESP kit comes with the aluminum ones... Those two you have are spares, as in time screwing and unscrewing those screws a few times will eventually strip those plastic pieces out... You can order the aluminum ones for like $7.00 though, so no worries for ya... Or if you get the Torque-Tube kit, it will come with the aluminum ones for the boom mount...

Glenn ~

Thanks for that info... Crap... Now I don't know !...LOL.. I'am thinking it probably doesn't matter, but who knows ?! Here is the little piece of paper they give ya for those bearing mounts below... What do you think ? Or anybody else make-out maybe how they should be ? It seems like the bottom label goes down, but sometimes I can be a tard for understanding instructions...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 11-22-2008, 04:10 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Well, that is interesing....yours without a doubt says the label goes down on the lower one...

I dunno, it probably doesn't make too much differece, mine seems fine the way it is...but next time I have it out, I'll probably flip it the other way...

Crazy stuff!!

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 04:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Alright then maybe I will just go ahead and keep the bottom one label facing down then... I really don't think it really matters, but who knows... The only diff I see is the label side facing up has a bigger indentation where the bearing is, and the one with the label facing down has a shallower indentation... I shot a picture which is below, as I know its hard for you guys to see your holders while there already in the heli. I wouldn't worry about it though Glenn...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 11-22-2008, 04:28 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

That is how my 600 manual looks like. For the bottom one I have the words facing down and the top one the words are facing up.

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 04:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

O.K. thanks... I'll go that route then.....
Old 11-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I just flew with the lower headspeed and I guess I like it more like that and then some kids came and asked if they could fly it and I told them that the battery was dead lol
Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Good response. You don't want someone crashing your heli after all the success you have had with it.

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Evan T.

Well there is no way I'm letting a 8 year old kid fly my baby lol
Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Hey guys I just flew with the lower headspeed and I guess I like it more like that and then some kids came and asked if they could fly it and I told them that the battery was dead lol

Evan ~

Yeah if you ever get in a bind just explain to them how long it takes the average person just to learn how to hover... Don't be the cool friend and let them try that's for sure... If worse comes to worse and they don't understand, and think there going to be the next Curtis Youngblood on the first flight, then just tell them to go ahead and squirt about $500.00 bucks from there butt cheeks and they can fly it all they want... Only thing.... It will be an expensive flight for something that will only last about a minute... LMAO....

~ Jeff
Old 11-22-2008, 05:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Well there is no way I'm letting a 8 year old kid fly my baby lol

OMG..... LMAO.... Yeah, ya think...?!....LOL... Good call Evan....
Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Carljw

The spacers in my bag ar metal i tested with a magnet. I thought mabey they could be used for canopy mounts if you could find a thoum screw small enough to thread into it.
Carl

never mine I tested again and the magnet was atracted to the ball links in the bag.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
rotarydoc

SWEET!!!!!!

I just got back from flying the 500!!

The wind finally died, thank goodness, so I grabbed the opportunity!

I first flew the B400 for the first time since the rebuild, and it did really well....except for one thing...I'll get to that later...

Then I took the 500 up to hovering speed, and checked the tracking, which was right on the money, hovered it and set it down about 5 times while I got the trims adjusted...then took it around for some nice easy figure 8's to see how it did...

Man, that thing is the most stable hovering helicopter I have ever flown with of course the exception of coaxials...but it is amazing....Jeff, I'm getting 2-3 second if not longer no hands hovers, no problem!!

The best way I can describe the way it flies compared to the B400 is just what's obvious, it flies much bigger, and much heavier in the air...it looks SO COOL gliding by in foreward flight in the middle of the figure 8's, just effortlessly hovering along, extremely stable in flight.

Not to mention, it just is such a bigger profile in the air, it's much easier to keep track of it, and orientation...you can't miss it in the air!

It's funny, now the B400 seems like the CPP used to feel to me!!

I NEED MORE BATTERIES!!!!

I kept the flights to 5 minutes, I am anxious to see how the batteries do when I check the charging results....

BRB

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 05:48 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Glad to hear that your lower headspeed is working better, and if you feel more comfortable with it, just keep using it....and get longer flights too...

Yeah, good thing you didn't let the kid fly...sometimes it's hard to say the right thing when that question comes up...I think there was a whole thread about that very issue at one time...

That is great that you are enjoying your new heli so much, and that it's your "baby"....COOL!

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 05:51 PM
JPEE

Hey Genn,

GOOD FOR YOU, I am so glad you got out today, cold or not! Yea I'll bet the 500 is t\really stable and well balanced. You guys are so lucky to have them. That flight must have taken boardum right out of the day..................yahooooo.

JPee

I was going to tell you which side to flip your main bearings but you guys have had enough fun with that LMAO.............
Old 11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

As I said about the B400, it is flying great, probably as well as it ever has....but has one strange problem...I think is gyro related?

If I punch the throttle/collective fully, it gets a tail wag on the way up.....and it has a pretty much constant tail wag in idle up....

But during normal flight, it's fine..no wagging at all...

About the only thing I changed from the last time out except replacing parts was that I added one shim per side on the feathering shaft, but that shouldn't make the tail act funny?

I am also wondering about the temp and temp changes on the G110 gyro....

It's a minor thing, but I'd like to address it...any ideas?

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 05:54 PM
JPEE

Hi Evan,

You are one heck of a pilot for what you have accomplished with your 400 in such a short time. You should be right proud of yourself young man!

I too with the guys can't wait to see your video.

JPee
Old 11-22-2008, 05:55 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Thanks! Man, was it COLD though...had to take a break and warm up my hands between flights....it was about 33 degrees or so...and still a little bit of wind, probably 5-6 MPH blowing...

It was great to get it up in the air...after last week, I was pretty bummed, not having been able to get it to fly in that horrible wind...

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys I just flew again and luckily the kids weren't there lol and this whole flight was to learn how to do piros easly in bothe directions and it was a sucess I did atleast 6 in each direct easly and then played with throttle hold a little bit and made sure I was ready to take off the training gear and I know I'm ready but I don't want to risk it and I'm gonna leave them on longer until I can do nose in hovering atleast
Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sounds excellent, keep up the good flying!

Yeah, if you feel better, go ahead and keep the training gear on....especially those, because it's almost like they aren't there, they are so small for that heli.

Nose in hovering can be tricky at first, just approach with caution!

I just tried it at first for very, very short bursts...and then gradually built on that.

But it's a bit scary at first, seeing the nose of a B400 staring at you!!

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Evan T.

Well the video isn't that exciting it's just me hovering in front of my phone that's on a rock but I'll have my dad take a video when I go to his house tomorrow and then show y'all what I can do MAYBE!!!! I might get nervous flying for y'all we'll have to see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.