Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:25 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Evan,

That would be cool....yeah, I know what you mean about being nervous...LOL

I was too when I first did my videos....but then I realized that if something happened that I didn't want anyone to see, I could just erase it...LMAO!!

That is one reason why I am hestiatant to join my local club...I am nervous enough flying...and then to have 8-10 or more people watching me might be too much!!

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 06:32 PM
J-MICHAEL

Man, that thing is the most stable hovering helicopter I have ever flown with of course the exception of coaxials...but it is amazing....Jeff, I'm getting 2-3 second if not longer no hands hovers, no problem!!

Please don't tell me that right now.... I'am already behind on my sleep, and beat as we speak ! Don't make me pull an all-nighter.... Your not helping here.... LMAO... That's cool Glenn ! I don't even know what to expect except hearing what you experience so far... Thanks for all the input so far... DANG ! I'am excited but tired at the same time... I'am not to sure on the gyro, I would guess its temp related, and I'am sure you already let it adjust to the outside temp and all, because your not new...LOL... But I've never had any probs really with my gyro on the 450, but its also the 401 like ya got in the 500 also... Nick will know probably for sure what a few things could be...

Gotta go eat....

~ Jeff
Old 11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Evan T.

blade 400 people how do I take the motor out for some reason while flying it made a bad noise and then lost power and when I try to spin the main gear with my hand it binds really bad and it's not the mesh the motor like wobbles and has bad grinding if I just try turn it and I didn't crash or do anything wrong so I have no idea so how do I get it off it's like imposible to fit the Allen wrench under the frame to get to the motor screws
Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That doesn't sound good....

You can get the motor out by taking the mount screws out from the side of the frame...and take the motor and mount out together...

The side mount screws have some very strong loctite on them...be sure to use a hex driver or allen wrench that fits it really well, or you will have problems...

Let me know how you do with it...

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 07:21 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

The hex screws are 2MM hex or allen...I can't remember if Eflite gives you one in the kit?

But the screws will be really tight.

When you get it out, see how it feels when you spin it, and check the shaft/outer case for excessive play or slop...sounds like the lower bearing might have failed...mine did too, and I'm getting ready to send mine back to Horizon soon...

Good luck with it...

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Evan T.

that's gay I hope not well I'm going to my dads wich doesn't have internet still so I can't talk to y'all ugh byyyy
Old 11-22-2008, 08:22 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That sucks.

Well, when you get back, let us know how you made out...I hope it's not a motor issue, but it sure sounds like it.

At least Horizon has a really good warranty, and it won't cost you anything except postage to send it to them.

Also, I could check for you, I know an eBay seller that has new ones for like $20 plus shipping, which is really cheap...

Have a good time at your dad's.

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 08:32 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Get a Scorpion motor. LOL

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got a break in the weather to enjoy the 500. There is nothing like flying a heli bigger than a 400 size. I really enjoy flying the 600 more than my Gaui and 450. You know we all want to see a video of your 500!!

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks!

Hope you are feeling better....

Video will come in time...LOL! I did some figure 8's, but they were kinda ugly, sort of stop and go...I wasn't too sure about the 500 and the power, so I took it really easy.

I definately need a bigger place to fly it than the horse track...that place is OK for the Gaui, and barely the B400, but it is too shallow for the 500...

It is funny how small the B400 seems now....it used to intimidate me...now the 500 does...LOL

BRB....just finishing with the new printer ink...

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
rotarydoc

Hmmm,

That is pretty amazing...I got a deal on some printer ink from eBay...got all 5 ink tanks for like $29 with free shipping, and they work like a champ!

Now I can print out my Horizon return form, and copy the receipts so that I can send my B400 motor and the DX6i with the crappy roller back to Horizon, while I still have time under warranty.

Any ideas on the B400 tail wag I was describing earlier?

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am feeling a little better. It is hard to hear everyone flying and I am stuck inside, but I have been simming, so that helps the addiction.

Yeah my 450 seems small after flying the 600 and the Gaui seems very small.

Cool to hear about the ink.

I haven't really had a wagging problem before. Maybe some how the tail rotor is spinning slower or the pitch slider is sticking. I usually put some triflow on the shaft and after 4-5 flights I usually wipe it clean and re oil it. I bet you are loving the 401 on the 500.

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 09:18 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear that you are at least enjoying the sim...

I just printed my return form for Horizon, so I'll be packing that stuff up for shipment soon. I hope they can fix the roller problem on the DX6i, it is a major PITA whenever you setup a new model, or something that requires alot of adjustments, I've even selected the wrong model by accident before.

I'll have to look into the tail wag on the B400...it is strange, as it seems to be RPM related, it does it constantly in idle up...I'll try reducing the gyro setting to start with.

I'm gonna send you a link for a T-Rex 600N download for G4....let me find it....

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 PM
rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff,

Nate sent me a link to this T-Rex 600N...he loves this one, and says it flies as close to his 600 as any model he has tried so far....and Jeff, he says it flies almost exactly like his T-Rex 500....

So if you guys are interested...unless you already have it...here it is....

http://knifeedge.com/forums/download...o=file&id=4197

It's an "EA" (I learned that stands for "entire aircraft), so it should work well, I tried it, and it does fly awesome!

In the reviews, it gets really high marks.

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 09:26 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, my packs are coming back with great numbers...the first set when I took it pretty easy, setting tracking, etc, came in at around 870 milliamps...not to shabby for 5 minutes of easy flight on a 2100 pack...got lots left.

The second pack(s) came in a little bit higher, at about 990 milliamps...still not bad for a full 5 minute easy flying session....I'm very happy with those numbers, I should be able to bump it up to 6 minutes, and still be pretty safe!

Glenn
Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Do you have two options for the gain settings on the DX6i? I had a similar problem on my G90 that with a lower headspeed one gain setting would work, but not in idle up. So I had to choose my second setting a little lower than the first for idle up and the problem was solved.

Good to hear you are getting ready to send in the DX6i and motor.

Yeah I am already flying with that 600. I have the optional version of that heli with the yellow canopy and lightning bolts, so it kind of looks like my 600ESP.

I am jelous with the numbers you are getting on the 500. I am lucky to get 4.5 minute flights on the 600, but it is probably due to my heavy pack in front. I have an idea on how to increase the flight times, but I need to get the funds first.

Nick
Old 11-22-2008, 11:48 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,
Glad to see you out there. Hope the worst is over on the cold/flu/crap/ bug you have.

See you guys tomorrow

JPEE OUT!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:09 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I have two available gyro settings, I am thinking about using the lower one tomorrow, and see how it goes. I don't know why it would have changed, but the temps were rather extreme, compared to what I usually fly, so maybe that has some bearing on it.

JPEE also mentioned checking the belt, which I will also do tomorrow.

Don't be jealous, remember, I'm flying at a relatively low headspeed still, and not doing any type of hi performance flying, except a few full throttle cycles, to see how the power is, and how the tail is holding.

Cool that you already had that one, I did as well, but I'm not sure if it was the exact same one, so I downloaded the new one that I showed you the link of.

It's supposed to be about 10 degrees warmer tomorrow, so hopefully, I can get some more flying in...

Hope you feel better soon, so you can fly also....the sim is only so much fun...nothing like flying the real thing!

Hope you can figure out how to increase your flight times.

Glenn
Old 11-23-2008, 01:58 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Thanks for the link on the Rex 600... I bookmarked it and will download it later on. Well it begins... (Again...LOL) Calling it good for the night though, but I got the frame all put together for now... The head assembly is in pieces again, so I'll maybe start that tomorrow hopefully. I feel like I've done this before...

Whew... I'am beat tired...

Take care,

~ Jeff

Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Carljw

I have a question on one of Finnless bobs videos #3 he says the linkage C page
#6 the inside gap should be 21mm - the book says 24mm witch one did you use.
Carl
Old 11-23-2008, 11:56 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

I went with the manual, and it was wrong. The links ended up being too long...

I just measured mine, and Finless is right on the money....go with 21MM to start...and you should end up pretty darn close...

Hope this saves you some time.

Glenn
Old 11-23-2008, 01:04 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yesterday I felt the worse, but I am feeling much better today. It is 50 degrees out, so I might get a flight in later.

Glenn,

Hope you get some more flights in with the 500 today. I will probably order the parts in a couple of days to increase my flight time.

Jeff,

Your work area looks so neat and tidy. During all of my builds and rebuilds my work bench will never look so neat.

Carl,

Yeah I wouldn't trust the Align manuals with having the correct measurements. In both the 450 and 600 manuals all the link lengths were off, but it is a good starting place.

Nick
Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Carljw

Thank you I will reset mine if I went with the manual. Thats 3mm shorter and would bring the
hole to hole center to 50 mm then. I have a digatel calaper but its still a shot in the dark
trying to go from the center of the hole. I seen some kind of pointey things that screw on
the tip that go inside the link holes some place.
Carl
Old 11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Carljw

Ok mine was set to 24mm I turned them in to 21mm and I have no threads left
on the link is yours like that also.
Carl
Old 11-23-2008, 05:15 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Carl,

Yeah, if I remeber correctly, I had to turn mine all the way in to get them short enough....thought I was going to have to shorten the metal links themselves...but I didn't.

I just looked, and I cannot see any threads left on the metal linkage.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Old 11-23-2008, 05:16 PM
evdreamer

I got to fly the 600 twice today. The weather wasn't that bad, but I didn't want to push myself when I am finally starting to feel good.

Did anyone else get to fly today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.