Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

I know what you mean, there will be a flood and I will drown with the rest of them
Old 11-28-2007, 03:59 PM
DirtBonez

Water "Resistant" This car will not run underwater but it should do fine in a little snow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15633.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	814200  
Old 11-28-2007, 07:07 PM
alloutcustom

Hey are these pinions 32p or 48p. im sure its in the thread somewhere but i didnt find it nessesary to read a 130page thread just to find out thanks.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
alloutcustom

btw i was wondering if you guys have seen this upgrade, i figure you have but just to make sure...
[link=http://www.3racing.com.hk/articles_images/TT01-3.jpg]Sweet Graphite Chassis[/link]
Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
dfiantii

I put that in this forum a few weeks ago but at the time looked like not to many people were interested in it.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
alloutcustom

i figured it would be in here, lol. soooo... about the pinion? btw, i dont have the car yet, but im selling my stupid rustler(well its not stupid, im just sick of it) and buying one of these for fun, im planing on all the alum. hopups bearings, reedyspec 19 quad mag motor, LRP A.I. speed control, turnbuckles, aftermarket damper(dontknow which one, prolly cheap tho) and eventually that chassis if i get good enough to race. im pretty good rite now, just would like to do well my first race.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: DirtBonez

Water "Resistant" This car will not run underwater but it should do fine in a little snow.
Nice.
I'm going to do that soon to my TT-01. One question though, won't your ESC get really hot after a while?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:11 AM
sanshu

yo d!
did you run it yet?
i want to know if those balloons work fine?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 AM
mindwreck

tt-01 and all other tamiyas other onroads use 48pitch METRIC gears, not standard 48pitch.

that setup should be good in club and spec class races. tt-01 isnt' the best chassis but it holds up well with similar spec'ed cars

ORIGINAL: alloutcustom

i figured it would be in here, lol. soooo... about the pinion? btw, i dont have the car yet, but im selling my stupid rustler(well its not stupid, im just sick of it) and buying one of these for fun, im planing on all the alum. hopups bearings, reedyspec 19 quad mag motor, LRP A.I. speed control, turnbuckles, aftermarket damper(dontknow which one, prolly cheap tho) and eventually that chassis if i get good enough to race. im pretty good rite now, just would like to do well my first race.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:45 AM
DirtBonez

won't your ESC get really hot after a while?
Trust me it will not get hot when it -10 degrees out side. Last time I drifted it was like 8 degrees and when my pack ran out the motor was only slighly warm to the touch the the esc was cool Not to mention the fact that this is only the silver can.

did you run it yet?
Hey man dident run it yet the snow melted yesterday But I guess I could try it out in the rain lol
Old 11-29-2007, 12:25 PM
dfiantii

Someone has done the build for the new 3racig chasis check it out. I guess with this chasis the days of parking lot bashing are done. Almost messed up my RZ motor this past weekend a pebble got into it had to take it apart to get the pebble out. This chasis might be a good thing since i want to race my car at the track.

http://www.drccentral.com/forum/view...1b2486de23cb5a
Old 11-29-2007, 12:36 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: dfiantii

Someone has done the build for the new 3racig chasis check it out. I guess with this chasis the days of parking lot bashing are done. Almost messed up my RZ motor this past weekend a pebble got into it had to take it apart to get the pebble out. This chasis might be a good thing since i want to race my car at the track.

http://www.drccentral.com/forum/view...1b2486de23cb5a
How did you manage to get a pebble in the can? Good thing you caught that before it toasted the motor

I'm not sure I would spend $80 for the carbon chassis, the chasiss for the TT-01 is pretty decent as it is, plus if you had hop ups they may do more harm than good considering they were made with the current composite chassis in mind as far as any gain goes.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
dfiantii

Well if you look at the build he was able to fit most if not all the hopups that I have on my car. I don't know how it got in there but I am glad I noticed it. I may or may not buy it but I am suspecting that you can adjust droop with this chasis where you could not do it with the tub one and its probably lighter now that you do not have the tub effect going on. I am looking more to racing than parking lot bashing anyway so this would be good for what I want to do. I have decided what car I am going to go with as far as my dedicated racer though. It will be getting the TeamLosi JRX-S Type R. I am going to save up for it so I can get everything at once. Until then I will continue to learn and improve my driving skills with the TT01.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
rcluke

right guys, simple enough, i'm gonna make one of my TT-01's into a rally car
i need help
thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
DirtBonez

Luke are you going to put some money into it to convert to rally? If you are you definatly gotta get some longer shocks and do the chassis mod for more travel then get some rally tires and you are all set. Also I have read that locked front and rear diffs helps incrase the stability of RC rally cars. Check out DRC rally its pretty dead but there is some good stuff on there.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:52 PM
DirtBonez

Wow that 3racing chassis really makes the tt-01 look nice. Should at least silence alot of the TT haters out there in the drift scene.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: rcluke

right guys, simple enough, i'm gonna make one of my TT-01's into a rally car
i need help
thanks
Read here luke hope it helps ya
[link=http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=68284&id=15781]http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=68284&id=15781[/link]
Old 11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: DirtBonez

won't your ESC get really hot after a while?
Trust me it will not get hot when it -10 degrees out side. Last time I drifted it was like 8 degrees and when my pack ran out the motor was only slighly warm to the touch the the esc was cool Not to mention the fact that this is only the silver can.

did you run it yet?
Hey man dident run it yet the snow melted yesterday But I guess I could try it out in the rain lol
Oh, ok. Main reason I'm asking is because my 12T ESC gets pretty hot in normal running, so I want to make sure that sticking it in a balloon isn't going to harm it even if I'm running it in sub 0 weather.
Also, will the temperatures in the rain be cool enough to run it with the 12T ESC in a balloon?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:49 PM
explod3

Sorry, I know this is a tt01 thread, but i'm looking to get a cheap electric r/c car to bash around with or possibly turn into a rally car. I'm not going to be racing with it, but I have always been used to a 40-60 mph speed. I've always been with nitro so please forgive my ignorance. I was wondering if someone could explain the main difference between the tt01 and the ta05 other than ball bearings. Also, do they cars only take 540 sized motors? There seems to be quite a few tt01 kits out there but they vary from 80 dollars up to 140.. whats the difference? Thank you and apologies for putting up with my newbie questions in advance.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Raguvian

Oh yeah, does the front differential have any problems letting dirt in or is it just the rear? The front looks pretty tight to me but it seems dirt can go through the motor mount and get into the rear differential.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: explod3

Sorry, I know this is a tt01 thread, but i'm looking to get a cheap electric r/c car to bash around with or possibly turn into a rally car. I'm not going to be racing with it, but I have always been used to a 40-60 mph speed. I've always been with nitro so please forgive my ignorance. I was wondering if someone could explain the main difference between the tt01 and the ta05 other than ball bearings. Also, do they cars only take 540 sized motors? There seems to be quite a few tt01 kits out there but they vary from 80 dollars up to 140.. whats the difference? Thank you and apologies for putting up with my newbie questions in advance.
The TA-05 is a lot nicer and more expensive and is belt drive. It also has a lot more tuning capabilities, like camber and toe adjustment that the TT-01 does not.
Also, the $80 ones just come with the kit, and you'll have to paint the body yourself. More expensive ones may come with a painted body and even more expensive ones (like the TT-01R) will come with several aftermarket accessories like the aluminum driveshaft and bearings, as well as having more tuning capabilities.

And yes, both cars will only accept 540 size motors.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
DirtBonez

In response to you Raguvian, I would not put your ESC into a balloon if it gets hot. The balloon my contain the heat and burn up your ESC or maybe the balloon might melt and make your ESC very ugly. I would just put a low performace motor in there to keep things cool if you want to waterproof.

As far as dirt getting into the gear boxes I really dont know. My tt-01 does not even know what dirt is...yet
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Raguvian

My TT-01 has never gotten dirt into the gearboxes and I've offroaded that thing quite a bit already, but Mindwreck's experience with the TT-01 on the baseball diamond scares me.
I think I"ll keep the stock components on there when I go play in the snow. I probably wouldn't be able to handle the 12T motor on snow and ice.
But yes, the TEU-101 barely gets even warm, so I think I'll just use that.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:11 PM
ELK

never say no
Old 11-30-2007, 02:31 AM
rcluke

i modded the rear upper wishbones so that the drile cups will spin easily with the high suspension mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.