Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Evan,

That sounds cool...I forgot about all your car experience, that will come in handy on setting the mesh/backlash on the pinion/main gear.

I have seen/heard of some CPP's coming from the factory with really tight gear mesh, and that caused the same thing, except those motors use bushings instead of bearings, which wear even worse when that happens.

Yeah, it is very difficult, almost impossible to oil the motor bearings with the motor in the heli...although I agree totally with Nick that it is a good idea.

But, the motor will last a good while if the mesh is set right. My motor bearing failed, but that was after about 80-100 flights...and I never did oil it, maybe one time I did....can't remember.

Hope the LHS can get it back to you in time for next weekend.

I just sent my motor to Horizon today, along with my DX6i with the roller problem....they usually have about a 2 week turnaround, so I hope your LHS can get it done quicker.

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, I know...I'm already having "post build letdown"...LOL!!

The 500 was my first real build (I installed all the electronics in the Gaui), and I really enjoyed it.

I would definately like to build another helis sometime again.

I think I like building them as much as flying sometimes, it's less stressful!!

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 05:58 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear you got to fly some yesterday, and that you are feeling better.

Hope you can get some more flying in soon.

I am looking pretty good for Thanksgiving day, the weather is supposed to be pretty nice, hoping to go flying after the big dinner!

It's not supposed to be as cold, it really kinda sucks to fly when the weather is in the mid and lower 30's....I will have to get some hand warmers, or gloves and cut the finger tips off....the biggest problem is my fingers get too cold to work well...

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Evan T.

this is a hard one should I get another battery or hs65mg or hb's for cyclic
Old 11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Evan T.

I just found out that e-flute came out with an upgrade motor for the b400 it's called the 440H brushless helicopter motor and it's 4200kv I wish I could replace mine with that one instead of the stock one
Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That is a difficult decision!

If you can swing it, I would go with the servos first...so you don't end up having an unexpected failure with them...

But, that's easy for me to say, because I have more than one battery pack for mine....and I know it's no fun to use the same battery over and over, not to mention it's not too good for it either.

The servos are going to cost more than the battery, right? I would get the expensive thing out of the way first if it was me.

Hmmm, haven't heard about that motor...I wonder how much it'll cost? I am happy with the power mine have now as they are...I need to learn to fly what I have better first!

Besides, if I get power hungry, I can get the 500 out...that thing has some sick power!!

Also, I wonder how much that motor will cut flight times too??

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Evan T.

The motor is $52 just go to e-flites website and at the top search bar type in 440H and you will see it it is the only one there
Old 11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Evan T.

Yeah I was thinking I should go with the servos but then I would be broke
Old 11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Cool, thanks for the info.

I'll probably just stick with the stock motors for now...especiallly since I am getting a new spare...the one I just sent in came out of my original B400, but I replaced it with an eBay stock motor, so I'll have a brand new spare motor.

My B400 has a strange tail wag under hard throttle that I have to figure out yet too...

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 PM
rotarydoc

Yeah,

You might be best to set aside some funds for the crash...whenever that happens.

Hopefully, no time soon, but it will, you can bet on it.

I am not looking forward to the first crash with the 500, so I'm really being careful with it for now.

I have about $140 set aside for a "500 crash fund" for when it happens...LOL

Hope you get your motor back sooner than they said, so you can get back to flying.

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Evan T.

Yeah me to like if I'm just hovering and then punch it the tail flys to the right (nose to the left) and I thought that was normal since it wasn't in idle up because in idle up only the pitch is changing so when you punch it the there is just more pitch not throttle input so it's not like the power of the motor is making it wag since it can't react to the sudden jolt of power
Old 11-24-2008, 07:21 PM
JPEE

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the heads up. I have not opened my box yet to check those straps as I am snowed under with higher priority work (wifes bathroom remodle). no doubt after TG Day I'll rip in to the box and have at it.

Smiles JPee
Old 11-24-2008, 07:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Yeah I was thinking I should go with the servos but then I would be broke

Being broke comes with the territory....[8D] Tough choice though. I couldn't say what I'd do first also... I'am not sure on the price of that motor, but ya may just want to check out those Scorpion motors as Nick suggested earlier, as there not bad in price and have proven themselves from many others and will give the 400 some sick power, but like Glenn said depending on your set-up could and most likely will decrease your flight times a bit... Just something to ponder upon...

Glenn ~

Since Washington is a cooler state also, and the winters being cold for holding the TX, and numbing (SP?) the fingers, here is what I do... I wear my favorite gloves like in the picture and which I also use for fishing and even driving my car everytime as they offer killer grip because of there Neoprene undersides... I also will wear them when the temps are cold for flying as you can also see I did on my video below of when I was in the very earlier stages of the Trex, and holding the TX in which you can see... They work awesome !

I also use very thin pieces of non-skid on the TX in crucial areas for grip, as sometimes when we get stressed the palms and hands can be a sweaty mess ! it is grippy and sticky for adhering the hands to the TX for keeping everything fit and not fidgeting around when trying to keep a firm pose with the sticks... It works great as long as ya get the thin stuff, and it sticks to it super tight from the sticky tape on the back... I have a bad left thumb, so when the temps get to cold, I usually will feel the pain much more than I do with the warmer temps...

Here's the video with the gloves in action. Its only 38 seconds long as it was a experiment... Burr it was cold then...!... That was back in the day running the Futaba 9254 on the tail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaaSmCo8vNA

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26511.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1078401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58229.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1078402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73614.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1078403  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Evan T.

Because when you punch it the heli is gonna wanna yaw the opposite way the blades are spinning to componsate for the burst of torque and that's how the cx2 works without a tail rotor the blades are spinning in opposite directions causing it to have a balanced force on the frame and I don't think the gyro is designed to were when you give the main rotors more power the tail servo needs to give the tail rotor more pitch to componsate for the higher headspeed burst until the main rotors are at a steady speed and it can use less pitch to keep the tail in that spot be cause the faster the blades are spinning the less pitch you need to keep the heli at a steady level hope this makes sense and I bet you already no all of this I just wanted to tell you what I know and I still have some left inside me but I don't want to get timed out
Old 11-24-2008, 07:31 PM
J-MICHAEL

I just got home from work, so after a bit I'll have to resume on the 500 some more... Gotta work on the tail assembly a bit... Here's a few pics below of some weights. I'am surprised that the Align silver tail holder doesn't weigh that much more than the plastic one that comes with the 500 CF kit... And to make up for it, I lost the plastic tail blades from the CF kit, and put on the lighter CF blades which are shorter and lighter... Good thing I also checked the thrust bearings in that tail holder, as there was no grease in them as Finless also suggested on checking. So I packed some white lithium grease in them and loc-tighted all the screws... I'am tired, so I'am not sure how much I'll really do tonight, I'll probably end up just doing some more on Thanksgiving day and a little here and there during the week....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33100.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1078408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42384.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1078409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60973.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1078410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22452.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1078411  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Evan T.

Glenn,

It could have just been the cold LOL but if it's happening to me to then no
Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, I get what you are saying, and agree.

That bit of wag that you are getting is normal, especially if we/you are using a lower head speed, it makes that worse, since the tail rotor is also turning more slowly...

Mine's doing something different...the tail actually wags back and forth, left and right, very rapidly on the way up...and it also does it constantly in idle up...

I am thinking it's a gyro setting, although I still have it set to stock...and it's only done this after my big crash...

So, I gotta look into it. It flies perfectly except for that.

Thanks for your input!

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

Properly set-up it shouldn't yaw at all...

Here's a test video that I did with a new motor I put in the Trex... The Trex was still not perfectly dialed in from after installing the motor, but as you can see it still did good on not yawing the tail out when giving a punch out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVHk_2mny98

Take care sport,

~ Jeff
Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

I agree, a properly setup heli shouldn't do that....my 500 doesn't at all...

But, it seems to be a B400 thing, JPEE says his also does it, even with an upgraded tail servo...

We are thinking it's maybe the G110 gyro??

Or, some other little factor somewhere....but it seems to be a characteristic of the B400's....at least for all 3 of ours...

It doesn't bother me much, but the way my tail is waggin' now does bother me...it's a different kind of issue.

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for the glove tips! That looks like something I need to do as well....

I have been just warming up in the car between flights...

Cool on the weighs, you would think that the aluminum tail grips would weigh more than they do compared to the plastic ones...

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Evan T.

They sell those common sense motors at my lhs they look pretty sweet maybe I'll get one in the future well nice bid and Rex she sounds and looks good I gtg in a minute won't be able to get back on until tomorrow prob see ya guys I might have enough time for one more post we'll see
Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Evan T.

Yeah prob just a 400 thing mine does it to so I guess the only thing to do is upgrade the gyro and servo
Old 11-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Evan T.

I guess I'm gonna get the servos because that will make me feel better and I won't be worying about my baby lol
Old 11-24-2008, 07:57 PM
rotarydoc

LOL Evan,

Take care, see ya tomorrow...

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Carljw

JPEE
I just had are bathroom remodled I bought the stuff and had a contractor do the work.
One day after they came back to grout the floor and were gone so was my wifes one caret
dimond ring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.