Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Peace!!!! take care of those 500's Glenn, Carl, Jeff, JPEE and heli take care of yourself lol
Old 11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
J-MICHAEL

Cool on the weighs, you would think that the aluminum tail grips would weigh more than they do compared to the plastic ones...

Glenn

Yeah it surprised me a little also... But those weights are with out the screws on both units. With the Align silver tail holder, it has the same size grub screw as the plastic so that stays the same... But where the screw goes into the grip to hold the tail rotor blades, the CNC Align one's that come with it are a tad smaller, and thread directly into the grip as its pre-threaded already for the screw to attach to instead of having a nut fastened at the end... So the bigger screws for the plastic tail holder, and also having to then use a nut at the end would bring the weights to be the same...Cool huh ? We gain durabillity at least on that part without sacrificing weight...

Not sure on the rest as I still have to weigh other stuff... I'am working on the head right now. The whole tail assembly is on, the tail boom is ready to go, the rear tail servo is mounted but not set yet until I center everything, and all the electronic components like the gyro, motor, servo's, ESC, BEC, RX, are all ready to go and already binded to the DX-7 in which I still have to program settings but that will be awhile still, as during the week its harder to work on it as I'am tired more... Its starting to get heavy...LOL.. Hey... Do you know how much your flying weight is for your ESP by chance ? I was curious on the weights of the ESP versions.. They didn't really say on Heli-Proz except it weighed about 1700 grams, but that's what they say for the 500 CF also... And I know that is not accurate as the CF kit is much lighter as for one the belt system is way lighter than the Torque-Tube system in which I weighed all the seperate parts and the TT was much more in that dept...

I got some more Stainless Steel fasteners in the smaller sizes for the 500, and the 450 also... The bigger ones were easier to find in the hardware stores, but the smaller ones were harder to find so I picked up these at the LHS. I like the grub screws they give ya also... Pretty cool... I think I've got every screw replaced now in the 500. Man there's more than ya think !...

Alright, better go..... Take care,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53144.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1078520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54146.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1078521  
Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Very interesting on the details of the weigh in...that is quite surprising that they come out almost the same when all the hardware is taken into account...

COOL, sounds like you're gettin' there! Yeah, mine feels heavier than the 3 1/2 or so pounds it is supposed to weigh when I pick it up with batteries and all...

I don't have any way to accurately weigh it...my scale only goes up to 500 grams...not nearly enough capacity...

I can see how the TT would be heavier, with the additional gears, bearings, and the shaft itself...

How did you like glueing that bearing onto the tail drive shaft? I was afraid I was going to get CA into the bearing for sure!

Those SS screws are awesome....I still need to order a set myself, I think I'm gonna just get the set, and replace them as I go along with rebuilds and what not....but I'd probably do the easy to access ones right away...

Why the 450 screw kit? Just curious...

Glad Carl pointed out that there are 4 velcro straps...LOL I was also thinking to myself, "boy, these sure are heavy duty straps...I guess it needs them for the larger packs.." LOL!!

Glad to see it's coming along....keep us updated, and I'd be curious as to the rest of the weight comparisons too....just for kicks....

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Yeah well I've found that with some of the CNC stuff, that it actually will be "thinner" or less in mass than say some of the plastic stuff which usually has more material, and therefore sometimes being close to the same weight, but not usually that close as those blade grips...

Yeah that bearing for the tube was a scary larry deal for sure...! The first time the CA didn't even hold it, and I caught it later dangling inside, so I re-did it and went better the second time around... So how does a guy replace that bearing if he wishes anyhow ? It won't slide off the tube it seems ? Weird...

I got the 450 kit as some of my fasteners on the 450 need replacing, and I only needed a few from that kit for the 500 also... Oh... And that's all they had...LOL...

Yeah no worries on the weight then... Its probably better ya didn't know...LOL...!... I picked mine up and man its heavy... The whole time I'am thinking, how can this thing even lift and perform like it does with it being heavier than what I'am used to... Mine was like at 3 lbs on my postal scale earlier with the battery, but with no canopy, no head assembly, and no boom supports or rear H-fin and the holder... YIKES... I think it will be about 4 lbs I'am thinking... I always start my heli's on the heavy side even for the MCX, CPP, and the 450 and then usually I then start decreasing weight wherever I can. I'am building this starting out for durability, visibility and being stable among that... The weight should maybe help it be a little lazier until I see what's going on with it... We'll see...

I started now also using some grease on some of the components for the 500 also. I still use Tri-Flow, but only in some areas... It seems to work very well... Interesting stuff, as I've never used it before but I'am sure you know all about it since your a mechanic in many areas and such...

Alright, better go.... Take care Glenn.....

~ Jeff

Old 11-25-2008, 12:05 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Yeah, ditto here on the bearing, mine didn't stay put the first time either...but a second attempt got it nice and tight, and it was fine after that...I used a good bit of lube to slide the mount down through the tailboom...

LOL...yeah, I was thinking the same thing...with this thing this heavy, how is it going to fly?? Well, no worries, let me tell ya!! GOBS of power, and full collective will have it headed for the clouds!!

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the white lithium...good stuff, stays put alot better than tri flow, but obviously thicker, and more drag on things, especially when the temps go down...each has it's own place...

Well, gotta go,

Keep up the great build!

Now we gotta get JPEE to get his going!

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Nick,

No I didn't now that I didn't need to oil it that often and can't really do that with a blade 400 with out taking the motor off every time so I will do every once in a while
Evan,

Since I had a little tube come with my TriFlow bottle it makes it real easy to get to hard to reach spots to oil things.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 AM
evdreamer

Man I feel left out I wanna build something I wish the blade 400 was a kit. Maybe I'll get a trex 250 when they come out that will give me something to build and plus that should be a good little bird but I will prob wait until there is like a v2 or some good reports cause I really want something to put together hobby wise I already did all the outdoor furniture and all my sisters furniture at her new house
Evan,

You can tear down the B400 while you wait for the motor and build it from pieces and learn how to build a heli.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

Glad to hear you got to fly some yesterday, and that you are feeling better.

Hope you can get some more flying in soon.

I am looking pretty good for Thanksgiving day, the weather is supposed to be pretty nice, hoping to go flying after the big dinner!

It's not supposed to be as cold, it really kinda sucks to fly when the weather is in the mid and lower 30's....I will have to get some hand warmers, or gloves and cut the finger tips off....the biggest problem is my fingers get too cold to work well...

Glenn
Glenn,

Yeah I will try to get some flying in this week, but it will probably be hard to. I will be busy with family on Thanksgiving then I have to work on Black Friday which will pretty much ruin that day for me.

Good to hear you will be getting some good weather.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:29 AM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the white lithium...good stuff, stays put alot better than tri flow, but obviously thicker, and more drag on things, especially when the temps go down...each has it's own place...
Thanks for that info about it though... Like I said, its not really my dept... I tried some on the tail rotor shaft, and let me tell ya that was one of the places not to...LMAO... I noticed EXACTLY what you just said about being thicker. It made it move smooth, but I noticed it still didn't seem right as if like say just polished the shaft (which I did..LOL...) or just used the Tri-Flow which works better there... I did use the grease to pack the thrust bearings however... I'am glad ya told me about the temp diffs on it though...

HEY NICK..! Hope work was good for ya...

See ya guys maybe later,

~ Jeff

Old 11-25-2008, 12:30 AM
evdreamer

I just found out that e-flute came out with an upgrade motor for the b400 it's called the 440H brushless helicopter motor and it's 4200kv I wish I could replace mine with that one instead of the stock one
Evan,

If I remember right the stock motor is rated at 3800KV, so if you got that one you will need a smaller pinion to keep the proper headspeed without lowering your throttle curve too much.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:32 AM
evdreamer

Yeah me to like if I'm just hovering and then punch it the tail flys to the right (nose to the left) and I thought that was normal since it wasn't in idle up because in idle up only the pitch is changing so when you punch it the there is just more pitch not throttle input so it's not like the power of the motor is making it wag since it can't react to the sudden jolt of power
Evan,

If you aren't using a governor your throttle also changes in Idle up.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:33 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Nick,

No I didn't now that I didn't need to oil it that often and can't really do that with a blade 400 with out taking the motor off every time so I will do every once in a while
Evan,

Since I had a little tube come with my TriFlow bottle it makes it real easy to get to hard to reach spots to oil things.

Nick

Nick ~

I think my bottle on the left is the same one you have. It works sooooo good for those tight spots indeed....

Old 11-25-2008, 12:36 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Yeah I was thinking I should go with the servos but then I would be broke

Being broke comes with the territory....[8D] Tough choice though. I couldn't say what I'd do first also... I'am not sure on the price of that motor, but ya may just want to check out those Scorpion motors as Nick suggested earlier, as there not bad in price and have proven themselves from many others and will give the 400 some sick power, but like Glenn said depending on your set-up could and most likely will decrease your flight times a bit... Just something to ponder upon...
Jeff,

Yep they do decrease the flight times especially with the 2221-6 motor. He would probably need a bigger ESC since the stock 25A one would probably light on fire with a Scorpion motor.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:39 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It looks like you are getting good use out of your new scale. I wish Align would make metal tail grips for the 600 like they do for the 500.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:42 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Yeah I was thinking I should go with the servos but then I would be broke

Being broke comes with the territory....[8D] Tough choice though. I couldn't say what I'd do first also... I'am not sure on the price of that motor, but ya may just want to check out those Scorpion motors as Nick suggested earlier, as there not bad in price and have proven themselves from many others and will give the 400 some sick power, but like Glenn said depending on your set-up could and most likely will decrease your flight times a bit... Just something to ponder upon...
Jeff,

Yep they do decrease the flight times especially with the 2221-6 motor. He would probably need a bigger ESC since the stock 25A one would probably light on fire with a Scorpion motor.

Nick

Nick ~

LOL...! That's right ! I forgot the 400 has that little tinsy 25 amper in there... That's crazy... I've heard of them catching fire a few times just with the stock set-up. I still can't believe they did that...They should have a minimum of at least a 35 amp I would think......Crazy...

Alright, I gotta pull from RCU....YIKES its hard sometimes.....
Old 11-25-2008, 12:45 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah Glenn is right about the Lithium staying in one spot better. I used some on my air engine I machined and it helped lube the piston, but slowed it down. Then I used some synthetic oil and it ran faster, but the oil didn't stay in one spot very well since I had no pan or pump.

Yep that is the same TriFlow bottle I have.

My manager is making it hard for me and my truck team to do our job quickly and easily, so I didn't have the best day at work in the world.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Carljw

This is the first time i tried to add a photo to a post so not sure how this is going to go.
I am useing a Nikon D50 and i lowered the picture quality as low as i could get it so it would be to big. I wanted to show you this thing I got with the free goody bag from HileProz
with my T500 I dont know what it is. They sent two blade holders one is huge and they must think I will buy a T700 so i can use it lol. A mouse pad a cooler decals and this blue thing in the photo. Also check out the names on my canopy. I have my Grandaughter as my CrewChief.

Name:	Ki18630.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1078729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46086.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1078730  
Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Evan T.

Yeah I might end up doing that tearing it down then putting it back together
Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
rotarydoc

Carl,

Your pictures turned out great...I wasn't sure about how mine would turn out at first either..

Nice job on the canopy names, very cool!

My guess on that blue thing is that it is a glow plug holder for nitro helis....not sure, but that's my guess??!!

Good luck with the 500 when you get the electronics.

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Carljw

I found a use for the large blade holders HileProz sent me. Ya I know
I found out how to add a photo and can't stopLOL

Name:	Ca81548.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1078733  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
J-MICHAEL

Carl ~

Hey that's great you can download pics now... Thanks for posting them. I love viewing others pics/movies, and usually I'am splattering em' all over the threads also... I love the MCX picture ! Hilarious....... Not sure about the blue thingy though...... And I love the names also on your canopy good idea. Keep those pics coming, all we need to do now is get Evan to learn how to post some pics....

Take care guy,

~ Jeff
Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good guess on Carl's blue thing. I would have never thought of that.

Carl,

That is a funny pic with the MCX. Great thinking.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Evan T.

I can post pics its just i have to use my phone and my mom never brings home her laptop charger from work so its always dead and the quality isnt very good if the camera is up close to what im taking a picture of.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Carljw

Thats why they sent me a Raptor 90 blade holder to go with that blue thing.

Here is a few for JPEE
I tried to get my neons to show in the second one I dont know if they will show up I have 11
strips of red on it.

Name:	Qo41074.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1078783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52346.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1078784  
Old 11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Cool bike. I like the neon.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.