Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:07 AM
rcluke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

ORIGINAL: DirtBonez

Well its a bad thing and a good thing if you think about it. With a tamiya you can spend 20 bucks and get like 75% of the plastic parts on your car vs buying every part seperatly for 5 bucks

Heres 2 MGT A arms for 7 bucks? theres 8 of em of the damn truck! And people ask why I ditched Nitro haha

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHAE1&P=Z
That's true but if you never need the other parts, then what good is it? You're paying $12 for stuff you'll never use.
I may get another tree with the body posts if I decide I want to replace all the other parts with new stuff.
Or, if I buy that S2000 body and find the posts to be way too short. If they're long enough, then I'm in luck.
thats why the newer kits, like the DF-03 are better, they have smaller parts trees
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Zymo

Any recommendations on the radio to buy? I'd like to purchase a complete set of electronics , for example I know Futaba sell a 2 channel with ESC (FUTABA RADIO 2PH W/MC230CR 75MHZ). I'd also like to keep the cost below $80.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: Zymo

Any recommendations on the radio to buy? I'd like to purchase a complete set of electronics , for example I know Futaba sell a 2 channel with ESC (FUTABA RADIO 2PH W/MC230CR 75MHZ). I'd also like to keep the cost below $80.
2PH would be fine, I would make sure its FM though. The 2PH comes as AM or FM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
dfiantii

PSXBatou, you going to the track Wednesday? I just got a deal for 10 motors on ebay will have them rebuilt depending on how bad off they are. I got my new race tires in and my Trinity P2K2 Motor also. Should be picking up the ball diff and one way on tomorrow. Ordered the outdrives for the oneway from Velltrip thanks that piece of info on where to get that part. I am waiting to find out how the new chasis upgrade is working out for some people and depending on what they say I may get it.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:30 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: dfiantii

PSXBatou, you going to the track Wednesday? I just got a deal for 10 motors on ebay will have them rebuilt depending on how bad off they are. I got my new race tires in and my Trinity P2K2 Motor also. Should be picking up the ball diff and one way on tomorrow. Ordered the outdrives for the oneway from Velltrip thanks that piece of info on where to get that part. I am waiting to find out how the new chasis upgrade is working out for some people and depending on what they say I may get it.

Not sure, depends on how things are at work. For now I will assume that I will be there, though im sure my lowly RZ motor will be no match for your abundance of motors I could put my Komodo pro in the TT-01, but just depends on the track conditions & if i can break the lazyness i get around this time of the year and trade out that motor from my TA-05MS. That track isnt really made for high speed, in fact 58/23 might be a bit over geared for it. 58/23 allows for good top speed, but it lacks a bit in acceleration punch, considering how technical that track is you may want a little more punch and sacrifice some of the top end.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
dfiantii

I had had the TZ Motor in there for torque figured I might need it for the technical track but then Billy changed the design of the track so i went with the TZ motor. I will play with it until i get the right setting. That gearing works for me on the track you just have to use team sorex tires otherwise there is alot of traction loss on the track. But hey i need to get into my fiber optics class will talk to you later.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Raguvian

Do you guys know if HPI makes R32 Skyline GT-R bodies? Otherwise I'll go with the R34 body I suppose. I don't want the S2000 body because the TT-01 is 4WD and I want a body of a car that is 4WD.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
dfiantii

http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-R32-Skyline-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM
DirtBonez

Ya HPI makes that R-32 but I think its a little funky looking. If you want a more realistic R-32 see if you can get your hands on the tamiya R-32
Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Raguvian

I was talking about 190 mm uncut and unpainted.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:35 PM
The Hedgehog

Can someone please explain to me what adjustable arms mean? I am almost positive that what I have just received is a tt-01 D, it has oil shocks, drift tires, but I am unsure about the arms. Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Can someone please explain to me what adjustable arms mean? I am almost positive that what I have just received is a tt-01 D, it has oil shocks, drift tires, but I am unsure about the arms. Any help is appreciated.

You can adjust the camber for the front and rear tires. 0 degrees to about -2.5, you might get -3 out of the fronts but you would be pushing it. Anything more than -2 will eat your tires fast too.

With the turnbuckle tie rods you can adjust the toe-in on the front tires.

I have the aluminum toe-in rears which toe-in the rear tires by -2 degrees.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Raguvian

Oh man, it turns out that Tower didn't accept my order for the tires! I'm going to have to go back to my friend's house and reorder.[:@]

At least I can order oil shocks and save some money...
Old 12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
explod3

HELP! I just got my tt-01R kit today, and I think i may be missing a piece. There is a piece that goes in next to the bearing for the spur gear, called the "spur gear stopper" Is this piece made out of metal or plastic? I can't find it in the bag =(
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
explod3

haha oh wait.. i found it. it was in a different bag. Silly me. Its no wonder that as a kid, i was always the one trying to hammer the triangle through the circular hole on toddler toys.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:47 PM
DirtBonez

Lol don't worry we all have your noobie moments what are you going to do with your tt-01? Rally, Drift, Race this car does it all
Old 12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: PSXBatou

You can adjust the camber for the front and rear tires. 0 degrees to about -2.5, you might get -3 out of the fronts but you would be pushing it. Anything more than -2 will eat your tires fast too.

With the turnbuckle tie rods you can adjust the toe-in on the front tires.

I have the aluminum toe-in rears which toe-in the rear tires by -2 degrees.

Hmm it is possible that I do not have the D version then. I do not see any turnbuckles, although it looks like I can adjust the toe in and maybe some camber. I will have to do some more research as to whether or not this is a TT-01D or a hopped up version of the original.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
DirtBonez

AutoXman I saw the pic's of your TT-01 it is definatly a D spec. You can adjust your front toe with the turnbuckles (things that connect the wheels to the steering rack) The rear toe is not adjustable you have to swap out different A-arms for that I believe.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
The Hedgehog

AutoXman I saw the pic's of your TT-01 it is definatly a D spec. You can adjust your front toe with the turnbuckles (things that connect the wheels to the steering rack) The rear toe is not adjustable you have to swap out different A-arms for that I believe.
Oh ok I was slightly confused, I was thinking of reverse threaded turnbuckles for a second, yeah this has turnbuckles.

Also is it common for a tt-01 to have a fair amount of steering slop? I am no racer nor am I very concerned but maybe I should go and rebuild it.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
DirtBonez

Lol its normal for the TT-01 to have alot of everything slop don't worry about it
Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
PSXBatou

Lol its normal for the TT-01 to have alot of everything slop don't worry about it

With the adjustables, tie rods, aluminum racing steering, & aluminum steering link there is very little slop in the steering.

The rears require a toe in part, it takes the place of the part that goes between the two a arms in the rear. I opted for the aluminum one, there is also a plastic one. They are both -2 toe in which is great for handling.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
The Hedgehog

Thanks guys [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 12-12-2007, 12:22 AM
PSXBatou

Thanks guys [sm=thumbup.gif]
Here is a photo of the [link=http://batou.org/PSXBatou/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=47#nav_pic]rear aluminum toe-in[/link]

Here is a photo of the [link=http://batou.org/PSXBatou/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=42#nav_pic]front adjustable A-Arms[/link]

There is one other in there that shows it a bit more, feel free to look around. My TT-01 did quite the transformation from stock to fully equipped

Have fun modifying your TT-01, its a blast. Just watch out for the prices, I made the mistake of getting the majority of my parts from Tower Hobby. I could have saved quite a bit if I would have sourced more from ebay and other asian vendors.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:16 PM
zbot

hey people i just got a lexus Tt-01 and im 100 percent new to this hobby and rcuniverse. i am very interested in rc drifting though...
i was wondering if you guys could reccomend some upgrades to get my Tt-01 to do some nice drifts. i have about 200 to 300 $ to spend

thanks alot please respond
Old 12-12-2007, 06:33 PM
explod3

Finished building my tt-01R last night.

drifted it a little today. Learned to do pretty good figure 8's, but i'm not very happy with the power. I guess i'm gonna upgrade
the motor from the tamiya sport tuned.

My batteries suck too. I have 2 1500mah batteries and one 1800 mah battery. They lasted like 10 minutes each.
I guess I have to go pick up some 4200's at least.

Does it help to lock the front diff also? I only locked the rear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.