Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

I opened a sesssion....almost forgot to advertise it...but it should be set up now...

C'ya there...

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got a knife edge error and got kicked off and now I am getting a failed to send player info packet. That never happened before. I will keep trying to get on your session again.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah I'am trying to finish up the 500 at least so this weekend I can hopefully fly it to see what damage I did during the assembly. But I really need to do some sim time also, since its been about 5 weeks since I've done the sim and flew the Trex 450... I hope I rememeber how...LOL... Working on the head assembly right now for a bit at least. Its harder during the week as I'am tired from work to get to motivated, but I'am trying to push through to completion soon... All I have to do is put the head assembly back together with the upgrades, put it on the heli and its all done for flight except for adjusting the 9254 on the tail and programming some settings into the DX-7, and adjusting any links if need be... Getting there !

O.K. this one hurt a little for the weight..... But since I'am not doing any 3-D, the lower center of gravity will be my friend for awhile at least... But its just so purty though..... I couldn't resist dang it.....

Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 PM
J-MICHAEL

Is JPEE nappin' again ?......
Old 11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Evan T.

Well there's an extra 15grams of shine lol
Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys, 6:30 in Ca. We are getting ready to do a WEB CAM to Colo so my wife can see and talk with her sister. After that I'll look from time to time and see if you guys are up. My G4 in the big computer got screwed up somehow and crashes often. I flew on it tonight but it will NOT let me join and fly with a group like you had Glenn, saying it wont send packets and such. I might try my laptop but she is short on power but still worth the try. I have G4 there too. I guess I'll have to remove G4 from the big CPU and reload again correct its issues.

JP

4 hours to charge batteries.....I know I know but a batt count is important at this point.

JPee
Old 11-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Evan T.

I hate this I haven't been this bored in forever omg
Old 11-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Evan T.

I wanna take the b400 apart and put it back together but I don't want to mess something up or put it back together wrong and figure out how the electronics were without instructions......
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Well there's an extra 15grams of shine lol

Evan ~

Yeah huh...! Its always a fine balance of giving and taking with the weight issues on these heli's, 15 grams is a lot but for the 500 it shouldn't be to bad as long as all the pieces aren't adding weight like that piece did...LOL... Its only the equivelant of 3 quarters... Overall though the CNC pieces are just a tad over from the plastic pieces so I've been impressed with that so far, I hope it continues... The plastic flybar paddles that came with the 500 CF kit are much heavier than the CF paddles that come with the ESP kit, so in that situation we now take....

JPEE ~

That's a bummer with G4... It happened to me once also, and I just rebooted all the disks and such and then everything worked good... [8D]

I hate this I haven't been this bored in forever omg

Evan ~

You always crack me up with your comments... Hey.... You could always try and install a heli rotor assembly on the Jato ?! Or hek, those things are so fast anyway, ya might be better off just installing some wings on her so when she boots up to speed I bet she'll provide some lift for ya ?!....

Alright off to go play some more.... Hope the ladies are having fun on G4... Those dogg's..... I'll be there eventually once I wrap up this build... However, it could never end..........LOL.....

Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE, Nick,

Yeah, G4 is really buggy tonight...got booted from my own sesssions twice! And then can't log back onto my OWN session that I started...LOL!

Nick, I'll try again, or I may open a new session...

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It sounds like you are getting closer to finishing the 500.

Glenn,

Yeah I have been having a hard time getting back onto a session. It keeps saying failed to send player info packet. I will keep trying, but G4 has its good and bad days.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Evan T.

Jeff

It already does blow overs at top speed I had to flip over the wheelie bar and lower the shock possitions all the way lol add wings and it's a retarded looking glider lol it would hurt to get hit by it it would take a leg clean off lol jk
Old 11-25-2008, 10:20 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That, or maybe delete and reload like Jeff and JPEE did....not sure about going to 4.5 and back again without a clean re-install is good...

Evan,

That thing sounds ballistic!! Take a leg off...LOL!!

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
JPEE

GUYS,

I cannot even get on. When I go to join and have it scan for open sessions my IP numbers are not there and it keep seaching and freezes my computer. Tell Jeff I am not napping....I am PLANNING,

See ya all on the morrow.....OUT
Old 11-25-2008, 10:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Jeff

It already does blow overs at top speed I had to flip over the wheelie bar and lower the shock possitions all the way lol add wings and it's a retarded looking glider lol it would hurt to get hit by it it would take a leg clean off lol jk

I hear ya, those Jato's are just sick period ! So quick.... To quick.... I saw at the LHS a few weeks ago that they came out with a Jato Electric version... I was so tempted, but that was just me missing my cars back at home... But still... If I was to get another car, it would be the Jato electric running a Novak power system and lipo power to boot... Then we'll see who daddy is.... J/K..... LOL... I love those Jato's there very responsive. I like the electrics though as I love the quicker throttle response that electrics offer, and weight diffs being lower... The fastest car to date is from an electric. With technology today, its a whole new game with the electrics and its getting better. I also have a Traxxas Bandit, and a Evader ST Pro with the 3.5R motor's and esc's that was the Novak combo for $279.00, and it takes good throttle management just to keep it on the ground, as even moving at a good clip and flooring it, it will flip right on its back from so much torque... And that's with those Racing Nimh's... I'll be armed with lipo's when I get back home and I can't imagine the power to weight ratio then... I think it could be a retarded glider with no wings...LMAO... I have it super light with a shaved frame and lighter stronger components in the tranny and just to much to list... I used to be really into those cars... But I do miss em' a little.

Take care Evan.... Gotta go back to the build... I do some, then I jump and check RCU, then build some, and then check on RCU again..... Its very repetitive... I try to stay focused on the build, but my discipline is low... And my addiction is high.....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21162.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	1079095  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

[b][Tell Jeff I am not napping....I am PLANNING/b]

LMAO JPEE..... Oh and like you would say.... TWICE...!...LOL... I know yer not nappin'.... How could ya with a 500 ESP in the house anyway ?! [8D]
Old 11-25-2008, 10:40 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Talk to you tomorrow.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

If you put one of those 500 batteries in a car that should get it movin and keep it on the ground. LOL

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 10:51 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE, Jeff,

See ya tomorrow JPEE....

Jeff, sounds like you are getting close! That bottom plate is SWEET LOOKING!! Who cares about a little weight??!!

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 01:01 AM
J-MICHAEL

I noticed on the Microheli seesaw hub that there is an extra mounting hole to apply the mixing arm to... The first hole closest to the bearing would be in relation to the same spot as the stock plastic seesaw hub has its hole. I just put the mixing arm in that first hole so it matches the same location as the stock hub... I'am not really sure what changes if you were to try that other hole, as I'am not familiar with that area, but I'am thinking it must make something more responsive I'am guessing. I don't need that if that's the case, but someday I'll have to try it.....

Also on my Trex 450 the Microheli hub there offers the same thing, but instead of the extra hole on the hub, its actually on the mixing arm for the adjustment. The hole I used there was also the closest one in. I need to try the 450 on that outer hole for an experiment sometime, as at least that heli I'am very familiar with how it flies and would notice a change in the set-up from switching holes... Interesting... Nick probably knows what they do I'am betting...

Off to slide the head assembly into the heli, and mount the main-gear... Then just check thel links, figure out the glory of any settings on the DX-7 (ughhh...LOL...) and tune in the gyro and the 9254 on the tail and apply the boom supports and h-fin, and its done... It almost seems I'll be nose heavy, but still kinda early to say... I'am glad the 9254 is on if that's the case...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Those holes look like they control how much Hiller mixing there is. To me it seems like on the outer hole the flybar will have more leverage on the pitch of the blades and the inner hole will have less. So on the outer hole the heli should be more stable than the inner hole, but since I don't have a similar part to experiment with you will have to do the experimenting.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah thanks for that info... If it does provide more stability, that would be cool ! I'll have to investigate that situation. I remember somewhere in the last 5 months in our RC-Heli magazine that they covered the flybar and those different positions that some heli's offer, but can't recall what it did currently... And I think even when I read the article, it went over my head...LOL.. Don't you guys run the Microheli hub or arms on your Gaui's ? I thought maybe you got that, and Glenn was going to but not sure. I was curious if they had that extra mounting hole also for the Gaui since they seem to make it a habit for the other models...

All that's left is putting the canopy on, setting the rear tail servo, installing the CF flybar paddles, installing the boom supports and H-fin, and putting the 3 links that go to the servo's to the swash and that's it... Well, of course the DX-7 settings, which I have no clue where to start but just get in there and Git R Dun... I'll see if Finless maybe has a video on that maybe to speed things up... Since its raining for the next 2-3 days here as they say, I hope I don't get tempted with a spool up in this small studio I'am staying in...LMAO... Hide and peek around the corner with my face shield on, and fire this baby up...LOL... Just kidding of course... But then again, ya never know with me !

I picked up the heli holding the button on top of the rotor head with the battery centered on the tray, and the heli is holding perfectly level so far.... However, I still have the canopy, 3 links, boom-supports, H-fin, boom support stabilizer thingy (kinda like a strut bar for a car), the CF flybar paddles, and of course the little CNC bracket for the H-fin... It should come out o.k. CG wise, and the battery has room being centered so far to allow a little bit of a margin.

I just weighed it on a USPS postal scale and without all the things I just listed and it weighed in at 3 lbs and 13 oz... I think it will come in at 4 lbs after all...

Alright its only midnight, but I'am beat from work so not sure how much more I'll be doing if anything as right now I'am going to see what Finless has for vids covering any settings for the 500....

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I have the MH mixing arms and not a see saw. The Gaui also has the flybar on top and not bottom like the T-Rex's. And the mixing is done at the blade grip and not at the see saw/mixing arms on the T-Rex's.

This is a link to the part me and Glenn are talking about. http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=8134

Good to hear your heli is balanced.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 04:14 AM
J-MICHAEL

O.k. I see... Tiny little part...LOL... I just put my servo rods in my dremel and used 1500 grit to polish them up....LMAO... They were that blackish color... Free bling so to speak...[8D] I know, I'am a nut.... I just downloaded Finless's vid of his JR 9303 set-up for the 500 to help me give me an idea, so that will help... Not sure if I'll have much time tomorrow for anything as its Thanksgiving and we'll be doing the family thing all day, but I should be ready for the weekend though weather providing...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

sorry for the lack of posting, I have been busy and not to much has been going on in my heli world, hows everyone doing? Also do you guys know if the stock e-flite charger that came with the cp pro will charge higher mah 2 cell lipo packs or is 800mah the highest it will charge too? Reason im wondering is im buying a new 2 cell 3000 mah lipo packs for my stampede and was wondering if I could charge them on the e-flite charger?

thanks guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.