Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Carljw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Will I got my Hyperion charger today even though it said in tracking it would be here Friday
I read the on line manual and seen that I would need 4mm banana to EC3 to charge the
batterys so I order that the other day. Reading the manual today I thought I would try out the ballancing plugs that came
with the charger and there are too many pins in the balancing adapter that came with the
charger for 2 cell and 3 cell there are 5 pins instead of 4 pins like my E-Flite ballance tips.
then how am i going to charge my CX2 with the red JST ends. Went to Amain hobby
web site and found a 4mm banana to jst and found the ballance adapter with the 4 pin setup
so I will be on hold to charge untill they show up. So I guess this charger charges through
the EC3 instead of the white end and I will have to plug both battery ends in to ballance and
charge at the same time. What brand of battery has 5 pin ballance tips.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Evan T.

heli I'm pretty sure it will charge them but slow as hell you need like 1.5a not .65 lol
Old 11-26-2008, 02:36 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

sorry for the lack of posting, I have been busy and not to much has been going on in my heli world, hows everyone doing? Also do you guys know if the stock e-flite charger that came with the cp pro will charge higher mah 2 cell lipo packs or is 800mah the highest it will charge too? Reason im wondering is im buying a new 2 cell 3000 mah lipo packs for my stampede and was wondering if I could charge them on the e-flite charger?

thanks guys
You can't use a 3S charger to charge a 2S pack. And you couldn't fit a 2S balance connector into a 3S balance connector.

I am doing good. I just got over a cold.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Evan T.

oh I thought you said cx2 charger cause it's 2-3 cell
Old 11-26-2008, 02:42 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: Carljw

So I guess this charger charges through the EC3 instead of the white end and I will have to plug both battery ends in to ballance and
charge at the same time. What brand of battery has 5 pin ballance tips.
Carl,

It is standard on all chargers except the ones that come in RTF helis to charge through the main leads and not the balance connectors. The balance connectors can't handle the higher currents that most people charge at compared to the main leads. 5 pin balance connectors are ment for 4S batteries.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Evan T.

Hey mister electrical genius how did your balancer come out
Old 11-26-2008, 02:53 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

The voltages from battery and the power supply aren't interacting together very good and messing the circuit up. I would need more parts to have it only powered by the battery, so I am just going to wait to finish school and maybe I can make a better one.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Evan T.

Well that's to bad. I'm still waiting for the motor to come in
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

im sorry guys I mean the cx2 charger which charges 2-3 cell lipo's will it actually charge and balance a 3000mah 2 cell pack?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Evan T.

yeah see I was already on top of it n i g g a s lol yeah it should but like I said it will be really slow
Old 11-26-2008, 05:05 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Yeah, like Evan pointed out...it should charge it, but it's going to take a LONG TIME...

Probably a few hours, I would guess, hard to say exactly, but quite a while...

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

I thought it would, thats alright if it takes like 4 hours no rush really lol thanks for the help, hows everyone doing?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:20 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Everything is good in my heli world...

Hoping to get some flying in tomorrow after the festivities are over..

How's the Stampede doing?

Did ya get it fixed up from the crash yet?

Flying the Walkera at all?

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

I am doing good. I wanted to fly the Gaui today since there is no wind at all, but my tail is acting up after my minor crash yesterday. It holds great in a hover, but it will kick out when I go to full throttle and it never did that before today. So I have to go see what is going on.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I can do piro funnels with the Gaui now. I don't know if you have seen me do them on the sim before, but the T-Rex 600 on the sim acts just like the Gaui in the piro funnel. So that made it pretty easy to carry over to real life. I had to cut the power in flight again, since I over drained the battery again. I forgot I was in idle up 2 and I had the time set longer for idle up 1. I am thinking if I got the other pinion for the SD version to make the tail rotors spin faster and increased my travel adjustments for the rudder it might help my tail problem. I just don't want to pay for shipping for a little $5 part and I like the piro rate right now and don't want to increase it with the travel adjustment. So I might just not add a lot of throttle at once. I can't wait until KBDD comes out with tail blades for the Gaui.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 06:31 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is awesome that the T-Rex 600 helped you that much in your RL flying....that model seems to really be about the most realistic flying one I have tried so far, I think it will also help me alot with the 500...

You are getting really good on the sim, I was watching some of your flying! I don't think I caught any piro funnels though. Maybe next time we fly you can show me some.

I was doing OK on the sim last night, mainly concentrating on upright stuff...but I did do some inverted hovers for a long time, getting better at them...and I'm working alot on backwards flying.

Sorry to hear you pushed the battery too far...hope it's OK.

That is strange that the Gaui deveoped a new tail problem after your crash, kinda like my B400 did, but a different kinda problem...

What are KBDD blades, I have heard you mention them before? [sm=confused.gif]

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 06:34 PM
J-MICHAEL

Somebody go and wake JPEE up.............
Old 11-26-2008, 06:39 PM
rotarydoc

I think he's remodeling the wife's bathroom....

How's the rainy weather out there Jeff?

You HAVE to video the 500 if you spool it up in the studio/apartment....LMAO!!

Speaking of which...are you about ready to spool it up???[sm=what_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Thanks for the comment on my flying. I think if I had a stable helicopter like the sim one and didn't worry about the repair bill I could do all of that in real life. But I fly more carefully in real life which might be limiting the speed of my progress. I increased the headspeed and servo speed in the sim to make it a little more realistic and not so increadibly stable.

Yeah I saw your inverted hovers. They were really good.

I am not to worried about the cheap Gaui batteries and if I ruin them unlike my 450 batteries. But it seems fine so far.

I think KBDD tail blades give more tail response than stock blades. I have them on my 450 and 600. http://www.readyheli.com/K_B_Dream_D...Neo_p/4009.htm

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 06:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

I think he's remodeling the wife's bathroom....

I know, but ya gotta love him, so I gotta poke at him once a day at least. I haven't done anymore since last night. Tonight will be hard as we have relatives flying in and so I'll have to do the visiting thing, but maybe I can squeeze in a bit more with the final assembly...

Here's some more TREX TRIVIA : The 500 CF canopy of mine weighs more than the other canopy I got... More resin it looks like, or a tad more cloth in the CF one... Hey... It all benefits me having that orange one lighter...

Old 11-26-2008, 06:57 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I've heard Finless talk of those blades also, and he uses them....I'll have to try them sometime... But plastic though ? They work good eh ? They sure have some spazzy colors for em' huh ?!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:02 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks as well on the G4 compliments. Yeah, I think those sim helis are just a TAD easier to fly than the real thing...lol.

But, as you noted, I also think the sim really helps alot in RL flying too. At the very least, it gives you the stick movements necessary to do the manuvers.

I think the simulators also assume a perfectly setup heli, that flies perfectly...and so doesn't always act like the real world heli does.

I was watching the Finless T-Rex 500 video, where he flies it (it's right at the start of the build videos)....and he makes flipping the 500 look SO EASY...so smooth, it looks just like it does on the sim... it just seems like if you did exactly like you do on the sim....it would work...LOL!

But I don't think I wanna find out the hard way....I can literally do flips on the sim all day long....but I don't think I could in real life flying.

Maybe some day, I'll get the guts to try it again, probably with the B400 first....but I think I'll do an elevator flip next time, instead of a aileron one...I think for me at least, it would be easier to control, as long as it was tail in.

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 07:02 PM
J-MICHAEL

How's the rainy weather out there Jeff?

Oh...... Yeah its pouring HARDCORE right now.... Suppose to for the next couple days. On the mountain here, its seriously no joke when it does rain... I've never seen it come down so hard, and I'am from Washington...!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Evan T.

i cant wait to get the new motor its pissing me off not being able to fly
Old 11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
rotarydoc

Man,

You all can keep So Cal....LOL!

Fires, earthquakes, and now terrential rains and probably flooding....landslides ...LOL!

I'm sure that the good weather outweighs the bad though...JPEE will be out there flyin' the 500 while I'm shoveling snow....LMAO!

Evan, hang in there!! We've all been there, for one reason or the other, grounded...and you're right...it really sucks!!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.