Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:43 PM
KenVC
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Hi Tim,

I ordered my tank system from Tower approx. 3 weeks ago. Maybe it was just blind luck I received the right tank! Now if that luck would just carry through to the !@#$% decals...lol. Thanks for your help.

Ken

Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
norm

Sorry Krproton for Krypton...I thought of Superman or Hulk, (I cannot remember) who fell in Kryptonite.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Was superman..
Old 11-04-2007, 01:06 PM
flycast

Hi Ken,
My name is Ray and I'm across the "pond" in the UK
I've been waiting since September for my B25 from Tower Hobbies first is was mid Oct. then late Oct. now it's late Nov.
I bought all the parts Robarts 2 OS 70 and bits and pieces which I have had shipped over.
Reading Tims thread I see a number of people already have the Topflite B25. Can't understand what the delay is sent loads of emails to Tower which are mostly automated replies with no clear direction on delivery.
Really looking forward to this kit having already bought the Topflite Cessna 310 flies great.
Would really appreciate if you may know any dealer who may have this in stock and can ship to the Uk.
Regards
Ray (flycast)
Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

more pics i added two frag bombs and one 100 lb. i wanted to show the release mechanisms and didnt want to make all those bombs. Anyone know a source for small pneumatic cylinders for the doors. ill make a larger 500 -1000lb bomb and call it done
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58717.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	796804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12870.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	796805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29129.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	796806  
Old 11-04-2007, 02:14 PM
p39
My Feedback: (5)

Hey, Tim- looking good....

http://www.centuryjet.com/webstore/c...fm?Category=13

They have some small cylinders.... hope it helps.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:58 PM
timothy thompson

those are perfect now ill need two tanks. Guys please talk me out of nav lights and landing lights. Im getting fanatical
Old 11-04-2007, 04:20 PM
p39
My Feedback: (5)

Ok- Tim... here goes. If you add the nav lights and landing lights you'll want to fly it at night to see the full effect. That could be disasterous. [] (Did that work?)
Old 11-04-2007, 06:22 PM
norm

Saito 82 installation with pump

Old 11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
norm

C/o E-Power Tim,

For your cylinders as I posted in thread # 273 the website of ultra precision has a variety of cylinders with the throw you need, check it out

This is the link:

http://www.up-1.com/uptwo.html

Old 11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
krproton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flycast

Hi Ken,
My name is Ray and I'm across the "pond" in the UK
I've been waiting since September for my B25 from Tower Hobbies first is was mid Oct. then late Oct. now it's late Nov.
I bought all the parts Robarts 2 OS 70 and bits and pieces which I have had shipped over.
Reading Tims thread I see a number of people already have the Topflite B25. Can't understand what the delay is sent loads of emails to Tower which are mostly automated replies with no clear direction on delivery.
Really looking forward to this kit having already bought the Topflite Cessna 310 flies great.
Would really appreciate if you may know any dealer who may have this in stock and can ship to the Uk.
Regards
Ray (flycast)
Ray,

have you read my previous reply to your last post about the availibility?

I copied my reply again to you below. Hopefully this will help you....

"Hello Ray.

I wrote a detailed PM to you adressing your questions regarding the next shipment and availibility of B-25s, but the site said you do not receive PM's.

So, here's the short version or what I already wrote;

We have a shipment of B-25s waiting in our warehouse for decals. The decals should be here next week, then the kits will resume shipping. If you have a B-25 on back order at this time, I speculate you willl get one from this batch.

Regarding other sources you asked about, is there a hobby shop you patronize? Perhaps you could inquire with them.

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll try to remember to post when the decals come in and when the kits resume shipping.

Tim"

Old 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

I ordered mine from Chief Aircraft. When will they be getting their kits from you? It was mid October, now they are telling me not till the end of November.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:56 PM
danrc2

if anyone is interested in scale pilot and gunner set that looks really really great in this plane. check out the 1/9th scale set from www.wingspanmodels.com they are a little on the exspensive side. i bought a set and put the in for a test fit tonight. let me tell you the look great!!! there is some reconstrution needed but its worth it if you want that scale look!

i will post pictures as i get closer to working on them. now i am working on just the left engine and coweling.

dan
Old 11-05-2007, 01:04 AM
flycast

Thanks Tim for the update, appreciated.
I did get an email but could not open it Norton kept blocking it for some reason.
Have left this forum open and printed out your tips and others who are on with the build.
Thanks to all who are contributing to this great plane.
How will other manufactors follow this kit!!!! I don't think so.
Regards to all
Ray
Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
danrc2

hey guys here are some pictures that i took at WWII weekend in Reading, PA

Name:	Ge95069.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	797564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49322.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	797565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78808.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	797566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu57716.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	797567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa33285.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	797568  
Old 11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
danrc2

here are some more. enjoy!!!

Name:	Jh15262.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	797571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98776.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	797572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96143.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	797573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg97535.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	797574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi60833.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	797575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gx30750.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	797576  
Old 11-05-2007, 01:24 PM
timothy thompson

hey those will help thanks Each bomb bay is slightly different so im doing the best scale outfit I can. i have to add one large bomb to the rt side

Name:	Tr49962.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	797593  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 PM
krproton

ORIGINAL: alans

Hmmm !
I will be following this thread for advice on Air Cylinder capacity, I fly my cessna 310 with the small tank and get several cycles but it does not have all those gear doors, levers etc. Tim is it ok to put 130 psi in the tank, the instructions give a warning max 100 psi !!

The good news is that so far except for a few things the kit looks very good. If i was being picky a couple of things bug me, firstly some of the holes cut on the outer wing for the hinges were not cut properly and you can clearly see them from the top of the model, what makes it worse is they are not all the same.
Secondly if you follow the instructions and cut of 3mm or 1.5mm from the Nylon ball links you will need to throw them away as in my case they were too short. I purchased new ones and had to add a couple of washers to make them fit, I also did not get anything telling me about the corrections needed in installing the gear hinges. I fitted them as per original instructions and they are a little stiff.

I also hate the pilots supplied, they look very tacky. I know there is not a lot of room in there but i must try and find some better ones. Does anyone plan on using other pilots, if so please share them with us.

So far i am pretty happy but have a long way to go, I run in the 2 OS 70 surpass engines today out of the plane ready to be installed now.
Hi alans.

Sorry I haven't replied earlier. I pressurize my air tank in my B-25 to 130 psi regularly. I'm am not an authority to say this is okay, but I do it my self. I do not understand the problem you are describing with the holes in the "outer wing" for the hinges. If you mean they do not perfectly align, as long as they are within a mm of each other this is an acceptable tolerance. If necessary, you could enlarge the misaligned holes and glue in the hinges with epoxy mixed with microballoons to fill the gap. If the misalignment is too far off, you could contact Product Support and request replacement parts. Regarding cutting the ball links for the main gear door hinges, all I can say is the setup works. But again, I don't quite understand the problem you are having. Can you describe more precisely or provide a photo? In the end, the gear doors should "flop" open on their own when you hold the nacelle upside-down (without the doors connected to the pushrods and levers). As far as the pilots, yea, they are pretty "tacky" as you describe. But in a pinch, until a guy gets his own pilots from another source, they fill the empty space in the cockpit and do a great job from a few feet away--you can't see very well into the cockpit anyway. They are what they are. What can I say?

Well, try again to describe some of the problems if you want and I will try to help. In the mean time good luck and I hope the rest of your build goes well.

Tim

Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 PM
krproton

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson

hey those will help thanks Each bomb bay is slightly different so im doing the best scale outfit I can. i have to add one large bomb to the rt side
So this is the inside of the bomb compartment on your Top Flite B-25? Pretty damn cool dude! You'll have to turn it over in its stand when you're done flying for the day to show everybody--either that or do really low, slow fly bys! [sm=71_71.gif]
Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
timothy thompson

thanks ive been working on this for a week! On payday ill get all the harness and extentions and work on the tail. i need to make a larger bomb . I have 2 incendiaries and a small 100 lb in there now so the 1000 lb will be bigger. It took 8 hours to make a wood mold and heat and pull plastic. There are no nice scale bombs available (wingspan has them but they are droppable) Heck I lost a canopy once and never did find it so imagine finding od bombs in grass! Hey got a question for ya did you epoxy the center sections together? once i run all the wires and servo extensions i will do that . The removable outer panels are awesome and allow you to taxi test without flying!

Every full scale pic I see is different regarding the bay. Cockpit will be fun to do too! I love all the details! low level runs with the doors open will show some detail. Ive made 10 50 cal guns too.These are scratched also. Pics soon
Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 PM
timothy thompson

For hinging the bay doors robart hinges wont work i will use large standard . Three on each side. Then ill look at how much throw i need for the air cylinders. I decided a servo actuation would be too complicated.

im going to use flite metals rosie the riveter for the rivets . check it out you can put it over monokote as it tries clear. a coat of matt krylon and they will look painted on
Old 11-06-2007, 08:05 AM
krproton

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson

Hey got a question for ya did you epoxy the center sections together?
I don't quite know what you mean. Do you mean the inboard wing panels? They don't meet for the fuselage is in between. If you mean "did I permanently install the inboard panels by gluing them to the fuselage and joiners?" the answer is no. There could be a few good reasons to separate the inboard panels from the fuselage in the future; such as thorough cleaning, repair/replacement of parts, access to retract air lines and/or servo extension wires. Or, perhaps winter storage. Or, I thought of another reason; if you ever had a really hard landing and bend the tube joiners.

Tim
Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
timothy thompson

yes inboard. I see why you wouldnt want to. Replacing lines would be a lot easier if you built it so they are removable
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
mflander

Subscribed, will start on mine next week, so excited. Great build so far timothy!!!!!! I love the bomb doors, you have far more skill than I do.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
timothy thompson

oh its time thats all . i started models at 7 and im 47. i was an award winning platic scale modeler before rc . That was about 15 years ago. i like to superdetail. it adds litltle weight and looks great. cockpit next. TF has a black floor, not in my plane. Ill have a scale depth and work out the nose wheel steering. Whats nice here is all the servos for the rudders and elev are in the back. Ingenious design by tf! this plane can be taken apart anytime and you can order new sections for a fix! very nice. I also build from plans im doing a taylor corsair and a tf gs corsair at the same time as this.

Name:	Ki17990.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	798395  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.