Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:52 PM
rcluke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread

ORIGINAL: Longhair

20 memory storage on the 3pk / 10 more with the campak
whoops, wrong way round [&:]

so, what projects have you got lined up to fill the slots?
Old 05-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Calin666

Cool. Wasn't sure about some of those definitions.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 PM
mkoresh12

Got my first run at the track today. It was a pretty bad day for me and the TA05. I was racing my nitro RS4 and TA05 in the Stock class. The RS4 was taken out in the first heat by a kid going the wrong way on the track and hit me head on. Broke the drive cup and the hobby store didn't have any in stock so the day was over after 5 laps.
The TA05 had a slew of problems today. I had cleared my radio settings because I put the RS4 on the same radio. Didn't have time to test before I went to the track. Big mistake. I had minimal left steering, which caused several problems as you can imagine. Also, my on/off switch needs to be repositioned because everytime someone bumped me it would turn the switch off. This was my first race with the 13.5brushless and lipo power. I had the same tires I used from last year and they don't have enough grip with the brushless. I was sliding around all day. Several people did come up to me saying I had the fastest car, but I just couldn't get it to hook up. The second heat my steering link from the servo to the steering assembly came off. I was able to repair and fixed the left steering as well. Never did get it too hook up traction wise. I was hoping as the day got warmer and the track hotter the harder foams would be sufficient but no luck. In the end I took 4th in the B main. So 10th out of 14. For next week I'm going to get some tires with more grip.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
steve6sucks

So for you guys running the TRF Special Dampers, how did you set them up? The instructions make no reference to the TA05 chassis in terms of which piston (2 or 3 hole) or shock oil to use. I'd like them to feel similar to the CVA dampers that come stock. Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:52 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: steve6sucks

So for you guys running the TRF Special Dampers, how did you set them up? The instructions make no reference to the TA05 chassis in terms of which piston (2 or 3 hole) or shock oil to use. I'd like them to feel similar to the CVA dampers that come stock. Any ideas?
put the same hole piston as the CVA's on.

shock oil is all about what track you run on, for tarmac you want the oil pretty hard, for carpet, medium sorta weight, and for polished wood, soft oil
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Bimmerdriver330ci

Hi, got a TA05 with a mamba max in it. Its sick, but I keep snapping my plastic diff cups in the rear. I even detuned my engine. Still snap them. I have a front one-way unit, but I dont want to lose reverse. Does tamiya or any other company make metal rear diff cups. Spent so long searching Im tired of it. Even my hobby shop cant help me. Takes too long to order from them. Thanks guys. Looking forward to being a member here.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: Bimmerdriver330ci

Hi, got a TA05 with a mamba max in it. Its sick, but I keep snapping my plastic diff cups in the rear. I even detuned my engine. Still snap them. I have a front one-way unit, but I dont want to lose reverse. Does tamiya or any other company make metal rear diff cups. Spent so long searching Im tired of it. Even my hobby shop cant help me. Takes too long to order from them. Thanks guys. Looking forward to being a member here.
tamiya JUST released metal cups, ill try and find you a link
Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Bimmerdriver330ci

That is awesome thanks man. Oh and I have the same body on mine....its a little beat up but I like it. Hey I posted elsewhere also and he found it at horizon. Thanks again for your help.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
rcluke

Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Bimmerdriver330ci

What does the precision diff do?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 PM
rcluke

i think it is just a metal one

as with most Tamiya precision parts, they are just made to a higher quality (with a tighter quality control tolerance) than the standard parts
Old 05-13-2008, 04:32 PM
mkoresh12

ORIGINAL: rcluke

as with most Tamiya precision parts, they are just made to a higher quality (with a tighter quality control tolerance) than the standard parts
The precision are not metal. They are made to higher tolerances plus have a ring that keeps the dog bone from falling out.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:42 PM
steve6sucks

ORIGINAL: steve6sucks

put the same hole piston as the CVA's on.

shock oil is all about what track you run on, for tarmac you want the oil pretty hard, for carpet, medium sorta weight, and for polished wood, soft oil
Thanks for your advice. I'll be running mostly on tarmac so I guess a hard oil is the way to go. My CVA's currently have single hole pistons in them and the TRF dampers only come with either two or three hole pistons. I'm using the yellow #400 oil so I guess I'll just use the two hole pistons and go up a bit in oil weight. Any suggestions for which weight of oil?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:09 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: mkoresh12

The precision are not metal. They are made to higher tolerances plus have a ring that keeps the dog bone from falling out.
thanks for correcting that up for me, i have them on the front of my '05, but i havent really looked at them
Old 05-18-2008, 07:26 PM
mkoresh12

Well, another bad day of racing for the TA05. Most of it was my fault. I got the car to hookup this weekend so it handled awesome. But, I nicked a corner and broke the upper and lower king pins and damaged the front upright. I was able to get it hold together for a while longer(3rd qualifier and most of the main). I was late getting into the main(someone didn't turn in the transponder). So, in my rush I forgot one of the pins that hold the battery in. I think we can see where this is going. About 4 laps in (I was kicking butt too), the battery when flying out. I was really confused until I got the shell off and realized that I forgot the pin. Got the pin in so I could finish the heat, then a couple laps later the upright I damaged earlier fell off again and that was it. If I can keep from hitting the inside corners so hard I think I'll have the TA05 in contention. My per lap times are not much off from the others if I can finish a race. Not bad considering I'm running against all TC5's and xrays.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Mad Fox

Just fitted a HellFire 27T motor in my 05 IFS was hoping to test the sucker out in the carpark where I go but unfortunatley they had locked up for the night, my son was miffed too as we had just finished building his 05 IFS Ebro, (he's usin a Scoobie shell instead of the Ebro shell, so I'm nickin off with it lol), and he was eager to test it and do the fine tuning, oh well maybe another night....
Old 05-19-2008, 04:57 AM
FastVee

Hello, if you guys have time, please help me out a bit

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_75...tm.htm#7513364
Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 AM
bullet69

I have aquired a centre oneway from a 415 and modified it to fit my TA05. I ran it on the week end with some degree of sucess. Our track is reasonably high grip,so I ran the kit tyres on the car. It drives like it is on rails,except when I lift the throttle,when it gets a bit loose.
I think that I must have fluked the chassis setup. Power is Reedy Krypton 12 turn running 70/22 gearing .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40921.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	953255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77863.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	953256  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:40 AM
shvartzi

hey evrybody i have a new TA05 arta nsx with novak XBR 8.5 turn ,erg vr 7kg 0.06s
and aYR racing pack 3200 hard case lipo that works graet !!!
a grp 35 front and rear foams
here some pics...
itay.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: bullet69

I have aquired a centre oneway from a 415 and modified it to fit my TA05. I ran it on the week end with some degree of sucess. Our track is reasonably high grip,so I ran the kit tyres on the car. It drives like it is on rails,except when I lift the throttle,when it gets a bit loose.
I think that I must have fluked the chassis setup. Power is Reedy Krypton 12 turn running 70/22 gearing .
nice mate

you need a new spur gear though !!

time for 64dp ?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:12 AM
bullet69

ORIGINAL: bullet69

nice mate

you need a new spur gear though !!

time for 64dp ?
Thats what happens when you ride up over a wooden barrier during a furious overtaking move.lol.64dp is next.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 AM
southturn

Hello Just getting into electric after messing with nitro for a few years. I just got a TA05 the other day. I want to make this into just a speed runner just fast runs up and down a landing strip nearby. I have no idea when it comes to electric but i was looking at the novak 3.5 motor system with a good lipo battery. would this combo make a good fast car or any other setups be good. Also what kind of gear setup (pinion/spur) should I run. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-22-2008, 04:36 PM
mkoresh12

ORIGINAL: southturn

Hello Just getting into electric after messing with nitro for a few years. I just got a TA05 the other day. I want to make this into just a speed runner just fast runs up and down a landing strip nearby. I have no idea when it comes to electric but i was looking at the novak 3.5 motor system with a good lipo battery. would this combo make a good fast car or any other setups be good. Also what kind of gear setup (pinion/spur) should I run. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
If your just looking for speed you may want to look at a different set up. Don't get me wrong, the Novak is an excellent system, but the ESC is limited to 2s Lipo. Since your only interested in straight line speed I'd recommend a Mamba or other ESC that can handle 3s lipos. I have a max amps 2s lipo and its producing excellent power so I assume there 3s packs will as well. As for gears you'll just have to play and see what gives you the best speed without burning up your motor/esc/bat. I put standard pitch spur and pinion in my car as they are easier to get here in the states(tamiya uses metric.) I took my spur and spur holder up to the hobby shop to see what would fit my chassis. I ended up with a Robison Racing 78t spur and I've been able to put a 35t pinion on it and probably have room for one or two more teath larger. The 35 gives me a 5:.01:1 final drive ratio. You can also get the 3 racing center pulleys. They will allow you to get more gearing without having to get to wild with the pinion size.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 PM
southturn

So would the mamba max 7700 be a good start.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:53 PM
symbios24

hallo there im jim i want to ask if there is a guide for newbies like me for rc car servo setup that explains excacty how to do it in here or in another page? i mean how to setup servo from the begin to the end.
i have a ta-05 and try to setup servo but it always steer by it self always i must steer it to fix his course thank you

p.s. all the turnbackles are weel configured.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.