Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:47 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Heli,

Thanks for the compliments on the Gaui, and yeah, it's my favorite, at least for now! I still really like all my helis though, except the CPP is going to collect some dust, I still do like it, becuase it has taught me so much.

Yeah, the G110 will help control the tail on the CPP....where do you think I stole the G110 from...LOL??

I had the G110 on the CPP, and I can honestly say that it does help. But, it's a bit tricky to get setup correctly, you can't really go by the instructions in the CPP manual. It deff takes some trial and error to get it right. It actually works pretty darn well when you get it all setup, and with a new tail motor...mine actually had very good tail control, until the motor got tired out...

The G110 is a pretty good gyro, especially for the price....but don't expect a miracle for the tail on the CPP...just a big improvement. I would say that it's probably worth the cost, especially if you get one off of eBay for a good ($39) price. If I still was flying the CPP, I would make sure it had a G110 on it...it does help.

Good luck with the main shaft rebuild, and the gyro if you get one. If you do get the gyro, let me know, I can give you some suggestions...

Glenn
Old 07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

yeah I just took the heli apart to inspect the shaft, the pin in the main shaft was bent pretty bad, and the main shaft wasnt to bent but was alittle, so since my hobby shop isnt open on mondays, Ill have to wait untill tuesday, deff is a bummer lol
Old 07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

LOL, I wish I could help you, I have one sitting right here! I'm sure not using it...too bad you are so far away.

Hope you can get back in the air on Tuesday.

I didn't even fly today, today was maintenance day for me, I got the helis all fixed up and ready to fly (crash LOL!) this week...

Have fun with the CPP when you get it back in the air...

Glenn
Old 07-20-2008, 08:44 PM
HeliStyle

lol yeah now that its easier to fly, I can't go one day without taking it out for a flight, been trying to sell more things on ebay for another helicopter which I keep talking about, but with the wedding coming up we are really tight on cash
Old 07-20-2008, 10:17 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Well, now it sounds like you really are addicted! Yeah, once you start doing better, and flying longer without breaking stuff, it gets to be alot more fun...

I hope you can raise some cash for the next heli, but I can see where the wedding might take priority right about now! There will be plenty of time after the wedding for the heils...

I don't see a new heli in my future for a while now...I just need to get alot more practice and get better with the helis that I have now before I can justify moving on.

I do think that my next heli should be a larger one, since I aleady have plenty of small helis. But, a larger heli is a more expensive heli, and that means more expensive to crash also.

I hope you have fun flying when you get the CPP back up in the air again...

Glenn
Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Well, I didn't get any flying in today, I really just concentrated on maintenance and putting decals and the CF landing gear on the Gaui. I just haven't felt like flying much this weekend with the weather and having to work on Saturday.

I hope you got some flying in this weekend.

The Gaui turned out pretty good, I posted some pics for you guys to check out...

Tomorrow is supposed to be hot again, and stormy in the afternoon and evening, so I probably won't get any flying in then either.

I got the B400 all ready to go, it is gettting easier to replace the normal crash parts each time I do it. Replacing the feathering shaft used to seem like a big deal, it only took me like 20 minutes to do the main shaft, feathering shaft, and re-balance the blades.

Hope college goes well for you this week.

Glenn
Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The Gaui looks pretty cool.

I almost had the same thing happen to me that happened with your B400 a couple of days ago. It was hot (around 100) and I went to go fly and ended up almost getting hit by my helicopter/ running it into the ground. I was doing a funnel with the nose pointing in the center and it was going pretty good, but something went wrong and it started to go towards me. And it is 90 degrees right now.

Sorry to hear you haven't flown much, but your getting faster at replacing parts.

College has been going good so far. I have my first test in a couple of days, but it should be easy since I took the same course in middle school.

I was adding up the cost of the next helicopter I would like and it is a little expensive. So I think I might go with another airplane instead. That is half the cost of the helicopter I want. The battery is by A123 and has more capacity and is the same price as the helicopter batteries.

Nick
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got my parts from Readyheli. So I am going to be putting my GY401, 9257, new belt and tail blades on tonight. Someone wrote thank you on the order form. That is cool because no other company has done that before.

I just got done with a flight and it is really hot out, so I am going to stay inside until it cools down.

Nick
Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

That is cool that you liked Readyheli's service. They do seem to really take good care of their customers. Did you get any Readyheli mints? Every order I have placed, they have given me mints with the Readyheli logo on them...

Wow, I didn't realize you were making that many changes...any reason, or just to try to make an improvement?

Yeah, on my big reciept for the Gaui, they wrote "all in stock" with a hand drawn smiley face...pretty cool personalized service.

I was going to place an order with them, but they are still out of some stuff for the Gaui, like the extra blade grip screws that are so hard to find.

It's very hot and very breezy here, don't know if I am going to fly tonight or not. I need to, I didn't get any stick time yesterday. If not, I am going to see if I can get the Gaui 200 model to work on the G4 sim...I posted a question about how to import files on G4, so I gotta go check the HF forums and see if anyone replied yet.

Good luck with the upgrade/repairs, and hope it turns out well for you...

Glenn
Old 07-21-2008, 04:39 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I didn't want to time out, so I wrote again...which heli are you considering that is very expensive?

I am really lost on this G4 model thing, apparently I have to download a T-Rex 450 SE V2 to begin with...and then add some of the beta Gaui files to make it work...I guess I'll figure it out with the help of the guys over on the HF forums...

It would be very cool to have the Gaui on there, and the T-Rex sounds cool too..

Gotta go..

Glenn
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I got a mint. I was wondering what that was.

I just finished putting the new parts on. I was using a GY240 with a 9650 and my Belt CP had the GY401 and 9257 on it. Those were the better gyro/servo combo. Since I am not flying the Belt CP anymore I wanted to put the good parts on the T-Rex. I put the belt on because everyone said it is better and lasts a lot longer than the belts I have been using. Then I got some new tail blades that have more surface area on them, so I will have better control. Or at least see what the difference is.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get any of those blade grip screws.

I don't want to fly in the heat anymore today, but I want to do a test flight and make sure everything is working ok and set the gain on the gyro. I had the gain pretty low on the GY240 so it wouldn't wag, but I didn't feel it was holding the tail as good as I wanted it too.

I was thinking about the T-Rex 500. With all the electronics and upgrades for it, the total was a little over $1200. So I am just not going to fly when it is windy and I will enjoy the T-Rex 450.

Hope you can figure out the G4 situation.

Nick
Old 07-21-2008, 06:10 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The tail is extremely fast now. I don't need much rudder to do the same stuff and I don't need full rudder to do a stall turn anymore. I can't keep up with the tail if I go full rudder anymore. And the 401 is holding great. I could add more gain if I wanted too. But it seems like my motor might be the next thing to upgrade. It is fine to learn on, but when I go to full throttle it doesn't want to go up very fast. Or if I go to full positive then full negative really fast it doesn't move very much. Now the helicopter is starting to seem more like a 3D helicopter instead of a tame one.

Nick
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
HeliStyle

just went to the field to fly my cx2, flew one pack through it and all of a sudden I was pushing the limits on it lol, was doing really fast forward flight and all of a sudden I had a bad blade clash even with the helitech carbon fiber shortened flybar, I saw blade pieces go everywhere and the flybar weights shoot into the sky, everything else is fine on it just all blades are broke and im missing flybar weights, honestly I think I have more fun with the cp pro now, I never thought I would say that lol
Old 07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
evdreamer

I have had a lot of blade strikes before. Good to hear nothing else broke besides the blades.

Good to hear you are having fun with the CPP. Collective pitch helicopters are a lot more fun than coaxial. You can also do a lot more with them and fly with wind. Except the one or two turbine collective pitch coaxials out there.

Nick
Old 07-21-2008, 07:33 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I just looked over the flybar some more and its in the trash, apparently the flybar weights on it the set screws dug huge holes in the flybar and its all brittle now, so I guess getting that shortened flybar by helitech wasnt the greatest investment lol, im just going to go back to a stock flybar
Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli, Nick,

Nick, sure sounds like you did the right thing with the tail upgrades, it sounds like it's got much better tail control now...I guess you just couldn't wait to try it out...thought you weren't going out in the heat again? LOL! But that's cool!

Wow, a T-Rex 500, eh? Yeah, I was looking into a Hirobo Lepton a while back, just dreaming, of course, and came up with a similar number, about $1200 or so..

I got the T-Rex 450 loaded onto G4 a little while ago...it's all setup for 3D, and the thing has unbelievable power and aerobatics. I also downloaded some Gaui files, but have no idea what to do with them, or even where they went..LOL

I just got back from the baseball field with the Gaui...what a blast that little heli is when it's got some room! What's not so fun is when it gets too far away, which happens very easily, and very quickly, I might add...it gets REAL SMALL, really quickly!! I had a couple of hard landings, due to loss of orientation when it got too far out. No biggie, just some bent blade grip screws, the ones that are hard to get...but they are very easy to replace, just takes a couple of minutes, and I'm back in business again...the heli is pretty tough, the landings were pretty rough, but in grass, so it softens the blow a bit.

I was doing some really sweet figure 8's with it, and it loves to do nice banked turns. I also got it up quite high, higher than I have ever had the B400 when put into scale...it was very much fun to fly!

Heli, sounds like you have a serious helicopter addiction...the best cure is a new, belt driven tail heli....LOL!!

Hope you can get parts and fly it some more tomorrow!! Sounds like you need a fix!! LOL!

Let me send this, so I don't lose it...

Take care guys!

Glenn
Old 07-21-2008, 10:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was really curious on how the gyro and servo were going to act, so it was worth it to go out in the heat. Tomorrow I am going to test the new tail blades out and see how that affects it.

I tend to dream about stuff that is out of my financial range. That is how I chose my username here. I think the 450 sized is very economical. It is cheap to get one and repare them in a crash. I was reading some where that when a 50 sized helicopter crashes it is around $100/crash.

Cool to hear you got to fly the T-Rex 450 in the G4. Hope you can get the Gaui files to work.

Did it cool down for you today, or did you go out in the heat to fly too. Cool to hear you got to fly the Gaui today. Do you have a few of those blade grips screws left?

Nick
Old 07-21-2008, 11:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I figured you couldn't resist testing out the new stuff...I don't blame you..I would have too.

I get the dreamer part, what does the ev stand for in your username?

That is scary stuff thinking about that much cash on each crash...I don't have that kind of disposable income...I would have to get ALOT better and not crash much at all to get something that large and expensive. I get nevous with my B400 and Gaui sometimes...

Nah, it was still pretty hot, but the wind was practically zero, so I could not resist flying at least at the baseball field. I went to Wal Mart and got a heli pad...it's a small mat for like an entrance way, it was $4...to put down in the baseball field. I have been using a small patch of asphalt that is there, but it's too close to the fence and the light pole, both of which I nearly hit (and myself too...) when the Gaui got way out of shape earlier. I'll tell you, that little bird moves out if you are not paying attention, and things happen really fast...but I don't fear being hit by it nearly as much as the B400, so I don't find it as intimidating.

So I am going to use the mat as a heli pad, and move out into the field more...so I have some room behind me if I need it.

Yeah, I now have 8 screws left, so I gotta be more careful. I know now not to let it get too far away...a little too far away turns out to be a long ways away very quickly!

Well, gotta get some sleep...have to work to pay for the helis...

Glenn
Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The ev stands for electric vehicles. I drive an electric forklift at work and love it. When I have enough room it gets going pretty fast. I like anything that deals with electricity.

Some people say that when they get more expensive helicopters they don't give you the confidence to try new stuff because they are afraid of crashing it. I think the Belt CP helped me get over that fear when I got the T-Rex. It built my confidence up, so I wasn't afraid to fly it.

That is a good idea for the heli pad. I just take off and land on the in field. But then I get dirt all over the skids. The wind was pretty calm here too and it was tempting to go to my baseball field, but I couldn't stand being outside that long.

With the abilities of the Gaui I think it would be hard not to fly it farther away and get it moving fast.

Nick
Old 07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
HeliStyle

we also have those electric forklifts at work, and they are pretty fast, just took out the cx2 like a couple of hours ago and broke the skids, so I made metal skids out of 1/8 metal rod and welded the pieces hopefully these hold up lol
Old 07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
evdreamer

Those skids would make it look more scale like. Can the CX2 take off with the extra weight?

Nick
Old 07-22-2008, 02:55 PM
HeliStyle

not sure really lol, I guess we will see, the metal skids dont feel much heavier then the stock
Old 07-22-2008, 03:21 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is interesting on your username. I got mine from my work, not from helis...some Mazda's like the RX-7's, and RX-8's use Wankel Rotary Engines, so since I'm a Mazda mechanic, the name rotarydoc kinda stuck. It's kinda cool on here, because it could mean a heli doc, since helis are considered rotary flying machines, vs fixed wing aircraft.

Yeah, I sure would hate to crash a Lepton or a big T-Rex heli...I think it would make me more reluctant to try stuff on it. I would keep the B400's to experiment with..

The heli pad is more or less a necessity in the baseball field with the Gaui, since the grass is as high as the tail rotor blades...LOL

Yeah, the Gaui almost encourages you to fly it harder and faster...it just likes to fly fast, not hover around too much.

I finally got the Gaui to work on the G4...it is basically the same as the T-Rex, but just made to look like a Gaui 200, and it looks very cool, actually. But it's not very scale size compared to the other helis on G4...for example, it's larger than the Helimax CP...

But it flies incredibly well, if you want a 3D machine...it's amazing. It can easily do loops with no problem, something that is kinda hard with the stock G4 helis...

Hope you guys get to fly some today!

Glenn
Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was kind of thinking that was why rotary was in your username.

I got my RCHeli magazine today and it had the Gaui 200 in it. They spent $1194 to get it flyable. But that included the transmitter, an expensive gyro and charger and the rest of the electronics. But they gave it a very high rating of mostly 4.5s and 5s. Then they reviewed a Avant Aurora which is a 90 sized helicopter and they spent $4141 to get it to fly!

Cool to hear you got the Gaui to work on G4.

I haven't flown at all today so far. I have been learning about A123 batteries for the last couple of days. And I found a few people that got them to work in their T-Rex's. I don't think I am going to use LiPo's anymore and go to A123 cells. The main two reasons are safety and 5min charges! And it is about $54 for a 3 cell battery. The only thing is I have to assemble it my self. Then I would need a new charger and balancer since the voltage is a little lower than LiPo's. And you can discharge them 100% and still get a lot of cycles out of them.

Have a good day.

Nick
Old 07-22-2008, 08:07 PM
HeliStyle

a123 packs are really nice, I use them in my mini-t

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.