Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Raguvian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

ORIGINAL: DirtBonez

I have the duratrax charger as well but I kinda wish I had gotten something that could charge Lipo batterys also. Its a solid charger but a little cheap looking if you ask me. I think it would be a better investment to get something better that will serve you well for sevral years.
IMO the Piranha is a decent charger, especially for the price. A good Li-Po charger costs a lot more, and I'd rather have a good Nimh charger than a crappy, cheap Lipo charger.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:12 PM
DirtBonez

Thats true but what I was trying to say was that if you spend more money on a "good" charger that can charge all batteries then it would be a better investment because you will not have to go back and buy another Lipo charger later on. But your right the Duratrax is solid.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Raguvian

Hmm, my order from Tower has already arrived at my friends house... and I only ordered it on Tuesday!
3 day shipping. I think that's the fastest I've ever gotten something shipped to me. Tower = [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Raguvian

Well, after losing one e clip, breaking another e clip, losing a spring tensioner, spilling oil, and losing a ball joint (found it!), as well as stabbing my finger with a knife and getting blood everywhere, I finished building and installing the oil shocks!

I must say, that was the hardest build I've ever done. Sheesh.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:50 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

Well, after losing one e clip, breaking another e clip, losing a spring tensioner, spilling oil, and losing a ball joint (found it!), as well as stabbing my finger with a knife and getting blood everywhere, I finished building and installing the oil shocks!

they get easier with experience, trust me
Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 AM
zbot

hi i got my Tt-01 the other day it seems prety fast stock and i can do doughnuts in my kitchen i was wondering if i could just get drift tires and keep everything ells stock for drifting.
oh i got a high peak charger and a 2400 Mah batery idk if that is good or not

please repond thank you
Old 12-16-2007, 12:08 PM
t@n

hello i am from indonesia and i have bought tt-01D and i want to ask what kind of part that worth it for me to upgrade my car? and what part should i buy until i can drift? sorry for my poor english.. please for the respone
Old 12-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: rcluke

ORIGINAL: Raguvian

they get easier with experience, trust me
They weren't complicated to build; the parts were just too small for my clumsy hands to put them together and I lost a few things.[:@]
Old 12-16-2007, 10:02 PM
MDKslide-sideways

Is there a metal Spur gear available for TT01? I installed a brushless VXL system and it tears up the spur gear? Any ideas welcome!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
DirtBonez

Make sure you have proper mesh, get an aluminum motor mount, Bring the power on and off smooth. Usually its bad mesh or a happy trigger finger that turns gears to tranny soup.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:50 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: DirtBonez

Make sure you have proper mesh, get an aluminum motor mount, Bring the power on and off smooth. Usually its bad mesh or a happy trigger finger that turns gears to tranny soup.
lol
tranny soup :P
Old 12-17-2007, 12:06 PM
rcluke

3racing conversion is back at RCmart

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=25421
Old 12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Raguvian

Crap, I ran my TT-01 outside in the wet for a few minutes and I ran it through a puddle and the ESC is now shorting out.
Now I have to take off the balloon and take apart the ESC and dry it out.[:@]
Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
dfiantii

Ok guys I finally made a decision and got an LRP Quantum Pro Reverse ESC. Its rated for 7turn limit at 120 amps and I can already tell the difference. I decided to stop using for the time being the Tamiya RZ motor since I can tell it won't hold up to a Trinity P2K2 or Pro Stock motor. I also decided to go direct solder to the motor and change out my axles and dogbones to cut down on rotational mass. I installed a front one-way and am about to install a ball diff in in the rear. Also a rotational mass issue less weight and mass for the motor to push.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10056.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	829287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47322.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	829288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62598.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	829289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26101.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	829290  
Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
zbot

hey guys im kind of confused. ive noticed that when i go forward the car turns a little bit with out me doing anything. im confused because the adjustment nob on the controler is stright in the line.and i noticed that my wheels wobble when i go forward is this bad or what? please respond
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: zbot

hey guys im kind of confused. ive noticed that when i go forward the car turns a little bit with out me doing anything. im confused because the adjustment nob on the controler is stright in the line.and i noticed that my wheels wobble when i go forward is this bad or what? please respond
Its called torque steer and all shaft driven cars have it. Also unless you have the aluminum steering/steering link the adjustable front uprights, and the turnbuckle tie-rods installed there is a lot of slop in the stock steering that can cause it.

Also you may have to adjust he steering trim on your TX, but if you have turnbuckles you can just adjust those.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
zbot

thanks psxbatou but im very new to the hobby i just got my car a week ago i dont reely know what you were talking about. but basically i should get all aluminum parts for like the steering?
Old 12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
dfiantii

ZBOT. Not meaning to be rude or anything but I think you should start reading up. I know its 137 pages but there is alot of information in this thread and the rctech.net thread and while I am not advocating that you not ask questions because we are all here to learn it would help you to read up on your car and the geometry of r/c racing. A good book to get in the XXXMAIN Setup book which I have. Knowledge is power. You don't have to use all aluminum parts for the steering. If your on a budget you can use shims or washers to fill in the space.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 PM
dfiantii

Got the ball diff and dogbones in will be taking it to the track as soon as the weather clears up. I snapped the ball diff adjusting screw in half trying to tighten to much lucky for me I had another screw just the right size laying around.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95130.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	829443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94586.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	829444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70471.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	829445  
Old 12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
zbot

thanks for the advice but the thread talks about stuf i dont know... so how did u get your knowlege about rc cars? you sed the some sort of book?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
zbot

and i dont think i would know how to upgrade anyway this is bull...
Old 12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
dfiantii

I got my knowledge from reading the forum. First I would start with the forum for Newbies and then go from there look up motors then your car type I know its alot of info to process but believe me once you start reading and learning you will be on here giving advice like I am to you. By all means ask your questions and we will try to help or at least I will but start reading as well.
http://www.xxxmain.com/bookz.shtml
Old 12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: dfiantii

I got my knowledge from reading the forum. First I would start with the forum for Newbies and then go from there look up motors then your car type I know its alot of info to process but believe me once you start reading and learning you will be on here giving advice like I am to you. By all means ask your questions and we will try to help or at least I will but start reading as well.
http://www.xxxmain.com/bookz.shtml
And don't forget to read your TX manual, most people have their EPA/EXP steering servo values way off of what they should be.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:47 PM
dfiantii

You will know how to upgrade man its all in the manuals. Usually all the parts you order some with installation paperwork to show you how to install it. You will be fine once you got all the info. I was just where you were a few months ago. Now I am installing new axles, glueing tires instead of buying them pre glued. building oil filled shocks and setting camber on my wheels. As you learn the knowledge it will work and and don't or at least try not to get mad if you mess it up on the first try. Its a learning process, have fun with it.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:12 PM
zbot

alright i red up on some newbie stuf about the engines i was wondering if i should get a lower turn engine to go faster.... i am stil interested in drifting and i was wondering if a low trun engine would still work for drifting, because i am thinking of just geting a set of drift tires and keeping my slicks so i can either go fast or drift. would that work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.