Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

OK OK, Jeff I am awake.

I had in-law family stuff to do all day today. Then this afternoon I got the granite counter mounted, the lav fixture set and supply lines hooked up, new nickle light fixture mounted over the sink and a second coat of clear caulking around the granite to the wall, wheeeeeeeeeew. Just took a break to see whos who today.
Picked up some small washer for my blades on 402 to fill in as the aligns are just a 1/32 or so slimmer. Here I am thinking I have to go up to OSH and I have a big parts carry bin on my truck for work DAH! When I think of the truck it is "contruction" not helis. One washer under each blade now stops the grip from somewhat collapsing when I draw them down. Been flying with the red and white Aligns for along time as opposed to the 400 Eflite blades. They seem to take a little more abuse and with 1/3 of them being red they are easier to see as well. Going to try to finish 402 COMPLETE tonight less blade tracking.

I finally opened up the 500 box and kind poked around in there and of course now the stuff will not fit back in the box. The upside is I took out the canopy and everything fits well. DAMN that canpoy is freaking huge compared to the 400. Now my interest is starting peak. But.............I just have to install one more light fixture, and 10 feet of base baord, then touch up nails hole and it time to BUILD the 500. I reckon I'll start Friday if all goes well.

NICK: Congrates on the funnels

Carl, don't burn the house with the new Charger!!!!!

Glenn, a big day tomorrow hey?

Smiles JPee
Old 11-26-2008, 07:30 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff and all,

I found an interesting new program for capturing those G4 moments, and posting them, if anyone is interested....

A guy on HF wanted some info, and I responded with our program, but it seems that there is another (better, maybe?) program out there for capture/uploading...

His YouTube vid of his G4 flight looks pretty good, I think it's better quality than the one I made...

Anyways, here's the thread;

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=104908

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 07:34 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yep the KBDD blades are plastic, but they are a pretty strong plastic and only flex with a lot of force. And they work really good for me and are easier to see than white or black blades. I hear they might also make some main rotor blades for the Gaui and T-Rex 250 once they get a 250 to get some measurements off of.

Glenn,

Yeah Finless is a good pilot and makes it look too easy. I wonder how long he has been flying. Some day we will get to that point, but I am enjoying the process getting there.

Do you have a trainer/buddybox on your DX6i and does anyone have a DX7 at your flying field? I don't know about the DX6i, but with two DX7's you can make them act like a buddybox. So if you could do the same thing with the DX6i and find someone at your field with another Spektrum transmitter and that can do 3D you could practice inverted hovering with them while on a buddy box.

JPEE,

Cool to hear you opened up the 500 and it sounds like you are getting anxious to put it together.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 07:38 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That seems like a cool program.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Evan T.

I don't get how the buddy box would work what the stick weren't the same and you switched over and it didn't have enough pitch to keep it up in the air
Old 11-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Evan T.

Oh guys I forgot to tell you I took the 400 all apart except taking the electronics out of the frame and I didn't take apart the head all the way but everything else took me about 2 hours maybe a lil more oh and instead of putting pics and vids on YouTube since my dads Internet hasn't been paid I could send them to yalls phones if you really wanted to see them
Old 11-26-2008, 08:23 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys, I just got an emaill from : http://www.xheli.com/blackfriday.html
with Black Friday Sales

You might want to take a look.

JPee
Old 11-26-2008, 08:33 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

everything is good over here, everyone is in t-rex heaven now lol, the stampede is doing well, going to upgrade it soon, but not before I get a new heli. Actually I have been flying the walkera alot, almost have nose in hover down, its alot easier when you practice all the time, its fun doing circuits with such a small heli in your living room. Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving
Old 11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
evdreamer

Helistyle,

Good to hear you are flying the Walkera. It sounds like it has been a real good heli for you.

Nick
Old 11-26-2008, 09:06 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Sounds like you are doing great with the Walkera...that should help you some with the bigger helis too...keep up the practice...

Thanks for the holiday wishes, and I hope your Thanksgiving is good for you and the new wife.

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 09:24 PM
HeliStyle

yeah the walkera has been the best heli I have owned, it lets you get some real practice inside a house anytime, anywhere, and it takes a beating and still flys, parts are cheap cant get any better, but I am still craving the b400 lol. Hows the t-rex's been for you guys, you like them better then the b400?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

You would love a B400...it's so much better to fly than the CPP ever was, even with the GWS tail motor....just ask Evan!

There is really not much comparison between the B400 and the Trex 500 ESP...it's like a huge step up, even though the 500 isn't that much bigger physically, it flies much bigger, and heavier (slower and more stable). It has power like you can't imagine, and it's also much easier to see, because of it's size. All the upgraded stuff on the ESP model makes it a real bargain for the price too...

But, there are drawbacks, of course...the main one being expense...it'll make ya kinda nervous to see $1000 worth of RC heli flying around in the air... and then there are the batteries...I am getting by cheap right now, by using 4 of my B400 packs to make 2 packs...so I get to fly for a total of 10 minutes...and have to spend nearly 4 hours charging the packs back up...

But, I'd do it again in a heartbeat! The sound and sight of the 500 taking off and flying around is something to be seen and experienced compared to the B400!

That all being said, I still love my B400's too....they certainly have their place too...it's more fun to fly them now, because I'm not so worried about crashing them...now the 500 is my BABY....and not to be crashed!! LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 10:01 PM
HeliStyle

lol I could only picture how it is with $1000 bucks in the air, I prob would just hover it, so I could play it on the safe side. I am still waiting patiently for the b400, I have no funds as of right now for it, and the dx6i and ar6100 are left in the box awaiting a home,but thats alright It will be my day sometime to get it. I kinda wanna be good at all areas of flying with the walkera so Then when I step it up to the b400 I will be all set.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:12 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That is cool, I really like your attitude and outlook...you WILL get a B400 in time, and you will have plenty of time to enjoy it...

Besides, it's getting to that time of year where it's pretty darn difficult to fly outside for any length of time, especially up your way....it's even colder up there for you...

I have been flying in the mid 30's, with wind chills in the mid 20's, and it's not too much fun trying to keep your fingers warm enough to keep moving the sticks correctly!

I am glad you are being patient, and are sticking with the B400 idea, I really think you'll be glad you did.

Happy thanksgiving,

Glenn
Old 11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
HeliStyle

yeah im due for a new heli lol damm I just saw how many heli's you have. The upkeep on that many would drive me insane, but I still would luv it
Old 11-26-2008, 10:53 PM
JPEE

HAPPY PRE THANKSGIVING ONE AND ALL HERE ON THE THREAD

I am trying to complete 402 and she is near done. However, I had a little giddy-up. As you will see in the photos it does nott pay to keep a cluttered bench. While working hard on the head something kinda slipped by me. In Jeffs eyes.......... this would be a good thing to cut down friction.

JPee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69220.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1079659  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

LMAO!!

Where's Jeff when we need some of his comical remarks about gettin' old or something...LOL?

Glenn
Old 11-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Carljw

Self lubing, pretty cleaver I would attach it a little more to the left so the tail blades
clear the tub, just a thought.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:22 PM
evdreamer

Happy turkey day guys. Hope everyone has a good day.

Nick
Old 11-27-2008, 01:21 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Got up this morning after a night of rain and guess who was outside when I got up? The Sun 80%. Packed up quickly and went to the Park. YIKES! HOLY COW! and more..........the Park was FULL of people, soccer, BBQ's I have never heard of that for Thanksgiving?
So I went back over closer to home to a back up area which is a Little League Field. with several diamonds. I used to fly there within the diamond when I was a newbe but is was very closed in with the netting around the field and all. Now I have the experience I just shoot off for the moon and get some altitude and no sweat. I flew three packs back to back as it is cool and both the ESC and motor were cool after each landing. NO ONE around either, just another Thanksgiving gift to me LOL.

Nick,

I am so glad you are on the mend. Now you can enjoy the day.

Carl,

I have taken your advice and will wire that can of Litium over more to allow the tail rotor to get in too...................................LMAOOFF.

Well it is time to fire up both chargers to make ready for the next great american FLY OUT.........

Smiles JPee
Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2008, 01:44 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Well, sounds like we both had a great day so far!

Same thing here, went to the horse track, and who knew? The place was packed, I guess they are going to have the horses chase a turkey around the track for entertainment?? LMAO!!

But it worked out for the best, really, went to the industrial park, figuring just to test the wag on the B400...(I took both B400's...the 500 is for later!)...didn't really solve it, or figure it out....

But, on the way there, I noticed that a big baseball field that I never fly at, because there is ALWAYS someone there, was EMPTY!

So, I grabbed my last pack, and went for a spin...and what a great feeling!!

That place is pretty big, bigger than any place I have ever flown...and I got higher, went faster, and did more things (some stall turns for the first time) than I ever have!!!

Also for the first time, I made the B400 look SMALL, it was so far away!

Had one close call...the wind (there was a good stiff breeze to my back) took her a little bit further out than I liked...so I decided to get 'er back...got it pointed nose in...but was drifting towards a light pole...and just held my breath...as it went by...the thing is, I couldn't tell if it was in FRONT of the pole, or BEHIND it...the depth perception was hard at that distance....WHEW!! LOL!!

Anyways, one great start to my "SPECIAL DAY" (hint).....LMAO!!

Glenn
Old 11-27-2008, 03:12 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Same thing here, went to the horse track, and who knew? The place was packed, I guess they are going to have the horses chase a turkey around the track for entertainment?? LMAO!!
Glenn,

LOL. Good to hear you had a good day flying.

I had a similar experience with the light poles at my baseball field and my Super Cub.

JPEE,

Cool to hear you also had a great time flying. I got the family thing over with, so I might be able to go flying, but the wind is pretty strong. Too bad, by the way you guys are talking about your baseball fields being empty mine would probably be too. I will just wait and see how the weather goes. I also wanted to test my Gaui out and see if I fixed the tail or not.

Nick
Old 11-27-2008, 03:25 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I forgot to say congrats on the stall turns. I just went out for a quick test flight with the Gaui and the tail is rock solid again. I just increased the travel adjustments for the rudder and that fixed it. I am going to try the governor again, since it wasn't working too good yesterday. And it seems like the wind is slowing down. I also did my first stall turn with the Gaui going up backwards. This little heli is turning out to be a great 3D trainer.

Nick
Old 11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
JPEE

Guys.

Nick I hope you can sneak away to fly!

Here is our Fly Park. I fly when I go there on rare occassion to the circle close to the river bed. I ti a big place and as you can se it has three heli areas, a gas plane runnway and a fly by wire area too.

GBee, WOW did you have a great morning. Fly till you drop. (a side not) I have one more pack left but it was a 2200 and every time I use that for some reason all of my trims go out and have to be reset to that battery, so seldom use it unless it a great place and day to match)
How great you got some great altitude, you will love it!

The dreaded light pole. Remember that happened to me twice with the CX2. Your coming around and you cant tell if you are in front or behind the pole SMACK twice, glad to made it by.

Golly Glenn what SPECIAL day you have had so far………….

I am attaching my Fly Parks we site and well as one live photo. This picture is not current but it shows the place off. I fly at the Heli circle next to the riverbed. Just above that is the fly on a wire area.

JPee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95383.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1079962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42310.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1079963  
Old 11-27-2008, 04:05 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool place to fly. I just got 4 packs in with the Gaui and I did my first inverted figure 8's!!!!! I could only do it once at the beginning of my pack and at the end I could do a quite a few in a row. I also did my first flip rolling to the left. Man is G4 paying off. Once I got the guts to do the stuff I do on G4 in real life I could actually do them. And my governor is working a lot better today than yesterday once I got the tail situation taken care of. Soon I will be able to do inverted funnels like I do on G4.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.