Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:07 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff, JPEE,

That is awesome that you got the 500 into a hover at least...very cool!

What you are describing sounds like what I am getting...I am wondering if I have too much amperage draw from the motor for some reason, and it's bringing the pack voltage down? Hmmmm

JPEE,

Not a bad idea...I'll see what I can do with it this weekend...

Nick,

I got booted from G4, and could not find you guys again...sorry.

Wonder why they only put 5 CANDLES on the cake I got earlier? LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-27-2008, 11:09 PM
rotarydoc

Nick...

LOL..yeah...and I couldn't get back on it either....

You guys still flyin?

Glenn
Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE, Jeff,

Yeah, we were having a blast on G4...but it seems very buggy lately, my first session Nick and some others kept getting booted...

Maybe try again later....

Glenn
Old 11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah no one can get on my sessions. Did you want to open another one and I can tell Dee about it?

Nick
Old 11-27-2008, 11:14 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sure...I'll open it now...

Glenn
Old 11-27-2008, 11:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

Well I just got done reprogramming the ESC as Finless suggests doing that anyway (also Nick) as I guess the ESC needs to memorize your high and low stick points anyway... I put it into middle protection mode also while doing that. I got to put the pinion back on, as I can almost swear thinking about it, that LATE last night when I was tired, I didn't center the grub screw on the flat spot on the motor shaft.... YIKES... It had me thinking, because in the video during one of the short spool-ups, I heard a weird noise, and know I'am thinking I know why ! All the more reason I know better than to work on this thing when I'am tired, as my brain isn't all there sometimes... The first video I tried to upload to You-Tube didn't go through after it was already downloading for a bit, but I'll try it again dang it...

Here's a few pics of the heli before lift-off this evening ....

Talk with ya all later... I'am trying to muster the discipline not to do a test hover in about an hour in this small tiny little studio to see if I cured the problem... I sense it coming unfortunatley....[8D] Everything a guy sees and learns, and knows go's right out the door when times get desperate.... You want to see some major fluttering of dust and debris, just fire up a 500 in a confined space and see for yourself... Hopefully my dad won't hear it from his house nearby, and wonder "Now what is he up to ?"....

~ Jeff

Old 11-27-2008, 11:46 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Nice pics. Hope you solved the tail problem and be carefull with the 500 in your studio.

Nick
Old 11-27-2008, 11:55 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah thanks... I have really bad allergies, and dust is one thing that is not good... So its unlikely I will... I'am already sneezing and have a nose plugged up bigtime just from spooling it up with the mains off, and the tail rotor and flybar stirring things up.....I'll try and get up early in the A.M. and go up top to the property where I also can keep a safe distance away from it... Yeah.. the pinion was also not on the flat spot... Good thing I thought about it and checked ! Because in that video, at one time but only for a short bit, you'll see me lean over the rotor blades and looking for something as I knew something didn't sound right... Even though it was only for a short moment... It still made me uneasy....

~ Jeff
Old 11-28-2008, 12:03 AM
J-MICHAEL

Here's the very first spool up with the motor pulsing and tail wag.... Tell me what ya think Nick... I'am going to try and pull from RCU and work on it some a little...

Oh.... You know the Drill.... Watch it in high quality...LOL.... Hey.... It seems You-Tube changed there specs for the size of vids allowed now... I'll have to make mine bigger next time maybe. I noticed all my older vids also are bigger dimension wise...Cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cng7gT824-Y
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Awesome pictures!! That thing looks absolutely gorgeous!! You got the lighting just right, and it really photographed well....

I see your wag....much different from mine...your's is a slow wag....mine is a much, much faster frequency than that...

Glad you found pinion not seated on the flat...that could have been a major catastrophy!!

Hmmm, don't know exactly what to tell you, except what you have already done/checked...good luck with it...

Boy, something sure looks important about that date on the photos...can't imagine what it is....LOL... seems like I remember someone else's birthday being in November besides Evan's....don't know WHO that could be....LMAO!![]

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 12:29 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah that does seem a lot like a LVC sound. Have you tried another battery yet and try getting rid of the LVC? I have an Outrage battery for the Gaui and when it is fully charge it will set off the LVC after a minute. Keep us informed how it goes for you.

Nick
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I probably will be at work once you get off work tomorrow. And tomorrow is the beginning of my later shifts, so I don't know if I will be on RCU tomorrow or not.

Nick
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 AM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

OH YEAH...! HAPPY BIRTHDAY....LOL... That's right, I know remember you saying you birthday falls on Thanksgiving only once in awhile ! YEAH for you.... So yer 27 now ?! I thought it goes backwards after a bit..... Sweet... I fired up my 500 on your birthday ! Cool....

Gotta go work on it some now....

Take care Glenn......
Old 11-28-2008, 12:35 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah thanks... I didn't try another battery, but I will tomorrow hopefully if the weather is better... Good to know about your outrage doing that though... What the 500 is doing now is what my 450 did if I din't run a stepdown voltage regulator on the Futaba servos, but on the 450 it went away after just a bit after the battery ran its high voltage off a tad... But then I put the reg back in the 450 and all was well...

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 11-28-2008, 12:52 AM
evdreamer

I am going to call it a night. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:40 AM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks! I've been dropping hints all day...somebody finally noticed...LMAO!

Congrats on the 500 spool up/hover!

Nick,

OK...I'll be up pretty late tomorrow, maybe I'll catch ya then...

G4 was fun tonight, have to do it again!

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 01:52 AM
JPEE

Hey Glenn, ant it getting close to sleepy time yet for you, especially at your age?
Old 11-28-2008, 02:08 AM
J-MICHAEL

I just inverted the 500 in the studio !!! WOW this thing is STABLE !!! Gotta go and try it again......

~ Jeff
Old 11-28-2008, 02:09 AM
J-MICHAEL

Oh........ Just kidding...LMAO...
Old 11-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Carljw

Does anyone know how I can ck my soldering i did on my T500 esc.
I soldered a EC3 on mine and although it seemed to go ok I would
like to make sure its ok. I have a digital multimeter meter but not
sure about how to go about it. I think you set it to OHMS but not sure
what numbers to use. It has 20M 2000K 200K 20K 2000 200
then a squigley line. Is there a way I can ck to see if the solder
job is good with out haveing to put power to it. I have soldered A few
battery ends on battery packs before without a problem but I want to
make sure I dident get a cold solder on this ESC.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:28 AM
J-MICHAEL

I'am with ya there Carl.... I have a multimeter also, and have not a clue on how to use it !.... It sits collecting dust... Someday I'll figure out how to read and get some readings from it for the RC stuff... That's Nick and Glenn's dept....

~ Jeff
Old 11-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Carljw

I been playing around with it and i get a reading from the EC3 to the banana plugs going from wire to wire so I am guessing I got curent going through from the plugs.
I am hopeing I get all my charger adaptors from A-Main hobbys today so I can
play with that.
My garage fridge quit warking and lost a lot of meat that was in the freezer. The good news is I can keep all my beer in a cooler out side to keep chiled.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 AM
JPEE

Jeff are you telling me you flipped the 500????????????????????????????????????????
Old 11-28-2008, 10:33 AM
rotarydoc

Carl,

You could use an ohm meter to measure resistance in the solder connection, but it won't really tell you too much...it WILL tell you if you have a really bad solder, the resistance will read high...

But the ohm meter is not applying any load to the connection...for example, you could have one strand of the wire making connection, and the resistance would check good....but as soon as you put a 45-50 amp load on it, of course the single strand of wire would burn up immediately...

The best indicator of a solder joint is it's appearance...it should be nice and well rounded, not sloppy, have good transfer to both metals, the wire and the connector, and it should be SHINY...

If the joint is "cold" it will look rough, and grainy instead of nice and shiny. A cold joint will have a poor connection, and high resistance, and eventually overheat and fail due to the high resistance...

I'm sure Nick can elaborate more on this...just my thought when I read your post here at work....

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 11:11 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff are you telling me you flipped the 500????????????????????????????????????????

Daddy's home boys......... LOL.... Yeah right.... BUT I"LL TELL YA THIS : I could see it happening much easier than say with the 450 ! I just got back from burning 4 batts in FFF and that thing is pure SICK !...OMG.... TWICE...!... No.... THREE times...!..Oh JPEE... You are going to love that 500, and Carl also... It is so, so stable as Glenn already knows... You can even go very slow in FF and it is stable, where my 450 the slower ya go the more quirky it kind of wants to be... This 500 would smoke my 450 and my 450 is upgraded with a motor/ESC and lots more... In FFF, it will just eat up my 450 and spit it out like it was a joke...[8D] I'll download a video later tonight, I'am charging the batts now, and going back up top on the property...

I even have all my settings and curves set to a mild setting for the first few flights, and only went into idle 1, and it still was SMOKIN'.... You'll see in the video later... Pretty cool... I had to quit as I was starting the shakes, from being nervous and excited at the same time.... Now I can't wait to fly my 450, as it looks like the MCX now when I look at it... G4 here I come..... Not to mention I got the 500 Oct 3rd, and haven't flown my 450 since so I was a bit rusty but it still went good with that heli... It even weighs a little over 4lbs when I weighed it last night on the USPS scale... I think it said 4lbs 6 oz flight ready with the blade holder on also... I'll have to take a picture with the weight for my records later, as I forgot the true exact weight...

Whew.......... I feel like puking... How awesome.... Unbelievable... And when I take it far out, I can SEE IT ! The 450 always got small, so I sometimes couldn't tell which way the nose was tilting when in FF...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet........!! Carl and JPEE you really need to get those 500's ready for flight, so amazing just like ya read about.... I was on Heli-Freak until 3A.M. watching videos of guys with there's on that post for the pics and vids that Finless has...

Alright, better go.... Oh.... The motor ESC, BEC, and battery were barely warm running the Thunder Power 5-cell 25c 3300 mah batts running a 16t....FYI.... I also don't know how long to fly for yet as I need to charge my batts to determine that, but I think the longest I flew was 6 minutes for a safe starting point per battery...

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.