Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Carljw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff
Way to go I can't waite to see the video. But I will have to wait untill after Christmas
for the gyro battery and servos unless I hit the lotery LOL
Old 11-28-2008, 12:30 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah G4 was fun. We need to get Jeff and JPEE on sometime soon too.

Carl,

Glenn did a great job on describing how to check you solder joint. I also tug on the joint to make sure it doesn't come apart to easily.

Jeff,

I am assuming you fixed the tail problem if you are flying the 500 around? The weather is amazing here, so I am going to fly until I have to go to work in a few hours.

Nick
Old 11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

I will try and get some time today to remove and reboot my G4 so I can fly withya

JEFF congradulations on your lfights. I know the puking feeling and shaky hands as after I was used tofly the 400 with zero stick as my throttle start rather than half stick and moving the curves to stock I was feeling EXACLTY the same. As they THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

JPee out for now
Old 11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah G4 was fun. We need to get Jeff and JPEE on sometime soon too.
I'll be on tonight FOR SURE... The 500 is done, and besides I was major rusty today...LMAO... I'am actually not going to do a flight with the 500 in a bit, but I'am going to take up the 450 as the winds are calm so I got to take advantage of that, as the 500 will handle the winds better for later this evening if I do fly it... But now I think I should just wait flying it until I get warmed up better with some hours logged onto the G4....

Here's some comparison pics though of the 450 and the 500... I love these things ! Oh.... Yeah Nick, it didn't pulse this morning... I had changed my pitch settings, re-programmed the ESC, and put the voltage cut-off to the middle protection bracket... I saw last night Finless recommended it in his 500 build vids... Ooooohhh.... Guess what ?! I came down a little cocked once, and the CF rear tail blades on the 500 are now scuffed from hitting the shale type gravel that is up top where I fly, and the crown gears survived ! That Torque-Tube is just KILLER FYI... It makes this thing ultra smooth... I'am changing my 450 over to it as soon as I can...

Old 11-28-2008, 01:26 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Your 500 and 450 look good out in the sun. Good to hear your tail problem is gone and that your crown gears survived the little scuff.

Yeah I love torque tubes. Someone said they were supposed to come out in November for the 450, but I doubt it now. They are probably taking their time on it. They probably have more important things to do around this time of year and with the new release of the 250.

I think I accidently hit the throttle hold while inverted with the Gaui and it survived the crash without a scratch. This is one tough little heli. I am also becoming more comfortable with all four orientations while inverted and I also am starting to flip closer to the ground. I don't feel comfortable doing that while going inverted, but going upright I did it right by the ground.

Nick
Old 11-28-2008, 03:23 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks on the compliment on describing Carls soldering. That was the best way I could think to describe it.

G4 was very fun, and the Freestyle events are cool...you are the man! I just gotta quit CHOKING when it's my turn...LOL!

We'll have to get JPEE and Jeff out there in one...see what they got!! LOL!!

It's all in fun...I don't feel like I'm doing too bad for the length of time I've been at it...kiratime and you have been flying longer, it's only right that you guys are better pilots, plus us "old guys" tend to learn a little slower...LOL!

Does your work schedule get busier this time of year with the holidays?

Hope you can make it online later when you get off work..I'll be up late...[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 03:24 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

I know at one time you guys were having trouble with the G4s in that you could not log on. I have removed both my G4s and reloaded. The desk top works fine and I can either JOIN or HOST and everything works.

But my laptop no matter what I do will it join or host anything and the IP address box stays blank. When I try to host or join it say no IP address found, got any ideas? For some reason my IP address wont connect. But otherwise the computer works fine on the web. I event treid getting the IP from one computer and writing in the Laptop to no avail. I must have lost something in my laptops set up somewhere?

JPEE
Old 11-28-2008, 03:43 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Amazing, huh??

I thought you would be pleased!!!

Still think ya need more power?? LOL!

I still need to get mine out in the open and let'er rip...I've just done some really basic stuff in a crowded area so far...

Glad to hear that you got the pulsing out of it too...

Enjoy!

Nice pics too...still waiting on the video?

Hope you are online/G4 later on...

C'ya[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

That is weird...I don't know what to tell ya...[sm=confused.gif]

But, I am sure that knifedge software site has a forum...you might check or post that there?

Maybe someone's seen it before?

Just a thought...

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 05:07 PM
JPEE

Hi GBee,

Thanks for the tip. Often you get to close to the problem to see a solution. I'll attack it later.

Right now have been struggling with 402. Everytime I wind her up she shutters at a certain RPM and then smooths out, but the shutter is serious. I changed the blades from 401 to her and the problem still exists. The up side is; my blade balancing must be right on for both sets to make no improvement as they run fine on 401. Next I noticed the f-shaft area seems looser than 401. I had to put 4 shims on each side to bring it up to what I thought was good enough, clearly it is not. I'll take that off and check my bearings and such and see what I have going on. I also cannot get the blades to stay in TRACKING. I set them at one RPM and then when I go up or down in RPM they spread, so that really makes believe it is the head and f-shaft area.

Time out 2:07 pm.

shoot me a PM note if you guys fly tonight, the dest top still works
Old 11-28-2008, 05:46 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Hmmm....that is EXACTLY the way mine was acting when I didn't realize that the flybar see saw screw (that little tiny one) was broken...so you might want to pay close attention to that area...

Mine would lose tracking a vibrate badly only at certain RPM's....I could watch the blade tracking change with RPM's...

Sure sounds familiar!!

I'm going to look over my main B400 and see if I can find anything...I am still leaning towards a low voltage/high amp draw scenario that is causing a power loss to the ESC somewhere...I need to recheck the ESC settings and rebind, at the very least...

Hope this helps...

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 07:08 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well I am a little imbarrassed as I found my problem with the vibration and blade tracking that I spoke to last post.

I had one of the "bell mixer arms" that hooks to the blade drip on backwards. They are supposed to have the shorter end towards the grip and this one was backwards. Then I went inside the head which I had just rebuilt and I found one of the TINY ball bearings on that brass ring gone inside one blade grip. Not wanting to Dick! around I replaced all of the races and ring bearings on both grips. A few passes with the pitch gauge and WALA **** on at all RPMS.

Now problem two I have a wag! sound familure of late. I had this wag when I crashed but lived with it at much lower than stock head speed it did not create and issue. Now at stock curves it is pronounced. On tear down I found that tail rotor was bent so with a new one installed I thought game over...nope!

I have:
1. Adjust the gyro both ways.
2. I have tried two batteries as this is the same wag you get on a low battery.
3. I shot the heli with a laser from nose to boom from the underside standing it vertically to see if the new boom was bent. This crash caused me to replace the main frame.
4. I have adjusted the belt in and out.
5 I have new tail rotor blades adjusted to perfection.
6. I have a new main to tail belt drive gear.

I am tired so I have stopped for today and see what the tomorrow brings me when my head is fresh AND to see what you guys have to say.

I am posting the video right now 4:32 pm. here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ja2Qrd_uI

JPee
Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Evan T.

I'm not even going to try to catch up on all of this lol well I don't know when I'll be able to get the 400 in the air the lhs hasent even made an order since I asked them to so prob like another week or more this makes me so mad I don't even know what to do I wanna break something
Old 11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

I'm not even going to try to catch up on all of this lol well I don't know when I'll be able to get the 400 in the air the lhs hasent even made an order since I asked them to so prob like another week or more this makes me so mad I don't even know what to do I wanna break something
Hey Evan,

Whats the deal? Did you not contact Horizon Hobby to get a new motor rather than the LHS? Is the LHs so small they dont even carry one motor on hand? Can't you swing a new motor from any other HShop, then you'll have a spare on hand when the replacement comes in? I am sorry for your dissapointment, we all know it to well in this hobby. I have ben waiting 35 days for tail booms, but I have (1) on hand for emergency. This waiting is a part of the hobby and while I know this wont make you feel better, just knowing we all go through it too even when $$ is not the issue just finding the parts somewhere is the issue and we wait just like you!

Smiles .......JPee
Old 11-28-2008, 07:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

Well I am a little imbarrassed as I found my problem with the vibration and blade tracking that I spoke to last post
Yeah.... Well I got ya beat possibly with my pinion installed not on the flat spot on the motor shaft....!!!!...LMAO... I won't tell nobody, if you don't....... I still can't believe I did that... I was up way to late that night... Hek... Last night I was up until 3:00 A.M., and got up at 5:00 A.M. and was up top of the property pacing waiting for it to get light out to fly the 500. [8D] I was hoping a cougar wasn't gonna devour me for breakfast up there as I was staring at some fresh tracks waiting for daylight... I saw those and thought.... OH GREAT....LMAO...

Take care JPEE.... Geez... I'am beat... I may have to take one of them nappers for a bit....

~ Jeff
Old 11-28-2008, 07:50 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Well I am a little imbarrassed as I found my problem with the vibration and blade tracking that I spoke to last post
Yeah.... Well I got ya beat possibly with my pinion installed not on the flat spot on the motor shaft....!!!!...LMAO... I won't tell nobody, if you don't....... I still can't believe I did that... I was up way to late that night... Hek... Last night I was up until 3:00 A.M., and got up at 5:00 A.M. and was up top of the property pacing waiting for it to get light out to fly the 500. [8D] I was hoping a cougar wasn't gonna devour me for breakfast up there as I was staring at some fresh tracks waiting for daylight... I saw those and thought.... OH GREAT....LMAO...

Take care JPEE.... Geez... I'am beat... I may have to take one of them nappers for a bit....

~ Jeff
Yea Jeff I read your post about that little error but I would never bring it up to you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TAKE A NAPPER!! THEY HELP
Old 11-28-2008, 08:09 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

LOL... Actually for years I do take a power nap for about an hour to an hour and a half in the mid-afternoon... It keeps me primed and refreshed throughout the whole day and through the late night that I stay up...

Going out to dinner, but here is my rusty maidened flight with the 500...

Watch it in high quality (as you know...LOL..) Or it will be blurry.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzpZvjNViQQ
Old 11-28-2008, 08:55 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well I am a little imbarrassed as I found my problem with the vibration and blade tracking that I spoke to last post.

I had one of the "bell mixer arms" that hooks to the blade drip on backwards. They are supposed to have the shorter end towards the grip and this one was backwards. Then I went inside the head which I had just rebuilt and I found one of the TINY ball bearings on that brass ring gone inside one blade grip. Not wanting to Dick! around I replaced all of the races and ring bearings on both grips. A few passes with the pitch gauge and WALA **** on at all RPMS.

Now problem two I have a wag! sound familure of late. I had this wag when I crashed but lived with it at much lower than stock head speed it did not create and issue. Now at stock curves it is pronounced. On tear down I found that tail rotor was bent so with a new one installed I thought game over...nope!

I have:
1. Adjust the gyro both ways.
2. I have tried two batteries as this is the same wag you get on a low battery.
3. I shot the heli with a laser from nose to boom from the underside standing it vertically to see if the new boom was bent. This crash caused me to replace the main frame.
4. I have adjusted the belt in and out.
5 I have new tail rotor blades adjusted to perfection.
6. I have a new main to tail belt drive gear.

I am tired so I have stopped for today and see what the tomorrow brings me when my head is fresh AND to see what you guys have to say.

I am posting the video right now 4:32 pm. here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ja2Qrd_uI

JPee
Old 11-28-2008, 10:17 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Well, first of all, glad you found the mixer arm incorrectly installed...I woulda bet it was that problem I had, by your description, just shows how tricky these things can be!! Anyways, that is behind you now.

Hmmm that wagging looks very, very familiar, it's exactly what mine does in idle up...or under full throttle...both RPM related...

And you are saying that yours is more pronounced at higher RPM's also...

So I think our problems are very similar, if not the same thing.

The only difference I can see is that mine makes a pulsing noise like the main motor is varying RPM's, it was hard to tell if yours was on the video? Didn't sound like it...

How about swapping the gyros out, just to eliminate that possiblity?

As for mine, I have done a few things, none of which seems like a solution just yet....looked over whole heli mechanically...and it seems very sound. The main rotor blades, head and tail rotor have less rotating resistance than my spare one, which does not do the wagging. So I don't think it's a drag related thing like I was thinking...drawing the voltage down.

I checked my ESC, and the battery cut off is still set for 3 cells...so that should be good...I was wondering if it somehow got switched to a higher cell number, and was thinking it was low voltage.

Then I started thinking about it....and the only thing I have changed since before the crash is that I am now running 1800 packs...instead of 2100's....now I don't THINK that would or should have anything to do with it...but tomorrow, I'm gonna test it with a 2100 pack, just to see....

Let me send this...

Glenn
Old 11-28-2008, 11:11 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

AWESOME!

Your 500 looks great crusing around the mountaintop!

Looks like it's flying really well for ya!

Thanks for posting the video, I wish I had a place that big and open to fly!

I noticed something interesting....you prefer to do your figure 8's/turns the same direction that I do....that is, counterclockwise when it's to your right...and clockwise when it's to your left...I find it easier that way, and have a hard time doing it the other direction...

LMAO...I got pretty nervous when you went by the morning sun!!! [X(]

Lookin' really good!!

Hope you are taking a nap....you deserve it!!!

Talk to ya! Maybe some G4 later?

Glenn
Old 11-29-2008, 12:15 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Sorry to hear about the LHS dropping the ball...that is terrible service!

I can understand how upset you must be...

I have to agree with JPEE, I would defintely give Horizon a call on Monday (they are closed for the weekend)....and tell them the whole story....

They may even send you a motor out without you needing to send them the bad one...I'm not sure that they will, but make sure they understand the whole thing with the LHS and all...

It sure can't hurt to call them and ask...

Hope you can get it figured out soon, so you can fly again.

Glenn
Old 11-29-2008, 01:09 AM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

I agree... Just contact Horizon about the motor deal and tell them also about the LHS situation also... Remember communication is going to be the key, so be armed with some good words and having your request thought out in a professional and positive manner.... It will go a long way....

JPEE ~

You nappin....?!... Kidding... Hek, I want to.... I'am going to go with my dad in a bit and take some family to the airport... Then I may just call it a night. I need to catch up on my sleep...! But knowing me, I'll be on RCU or Heli-Freak again...LMAO..

Glenn ~

Boy the 500 is so fun... In that video it wasn't much, but afterwards on the other flights after I started trusting it, I was sending into some faster flight and holy moly that thing gets ripping hard compared to my 450 ! I bet ya can't wait to go to a bigger area...

On your gyro issues also make sure your double-sided sticky tape hasn't came loose and making the gyro move around a little as I've heard of guys describing what you guys are describing and discovered there gyro tape was loose just a tad & after fixing that they had no more tail wag... Just one thing to check of about 50 things it could be...LOL...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 11-29-2008, 02:19 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah on that freestyle, I just forget everyone is watching me and just have fun.

I am required to work one more hour through December, then I am required to work 2 more hours in December. I had a pretty crappy black friday. I had one bad customer and my manager is a neat freak and made us stay one hour more, so I had a 9 1/2 shift. And I almost got written up just for talking to co-workers while I was doing my required job.

I am going to my mom's side of the family tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving, so I have no idea what time I will get back from that.

JPEE,

Your laptop will have a different IP address than your desk top. While on you laptop go to www.whatismyip.com to see what your laptop IP address is. Good to hear you fixed your tracking problem.

Jeff,

Wow I thought I stayed up late some times.

Nick
Old 11-29-2008, 02:37 AM
evdreamer

Sorry for my little rant. I just had to blow off some steam.

Jeff,

Your 500 looks great flying around those mountains. And it looks like you can fly a lot longer.

JPEE,

Is it possible that the G110 got damaged in the crash?

Nick
Old 11-29-2008, 02:43 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I think you are doing good on the sim. Did that one 47 year old guy say how long he was flying? I forgot his username.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.