Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 03:04 AM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that your work day was so lousy...sounds like you have a crappy boss!

I figured you'd get more hours with the holidays coming up, hope they don't work you too hard....

You didn't miss much, G4 was messing up badly...kept booting me off...

I saw the same guys again, dee and kiratime....and we flew a while...I did better on the freestyle this time...

Yeah, suckerpunch was the 47 YO guy, he was pretty good...I hope I can get as good as he is before too long, it's really up to me...it's like anything else, you get out of it what you put in...

Hope you got all the steam out of you...LOL...that sounds like it sucks to work there.[>:]

Hope you get some time to fly after the relatives...

Glenn
Old 11-29-2008, 03:07 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

He didn't say how long he had been flying/simming....but he said he sims alot...

He was on much later on that night too...so I believe him...lol

The same guys are supposed to be on tomorrow night...dee asked where you were....

Maybe we can all do some G4 tomorrow night...

Glenn

Old 11-29-2008, 03:16 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear I didn't miss much with G4. I hope it stops glitching soon. Cool to hear you guys did some more freestyle. Yep I will be free tomorrow to do some more G4. Did you guys do any limbo? That is hard to do with a heli once it starts going lower.

Nick
Old 11-29-2008, 03:17 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I guess you fell asleep or called it a night...[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

I'm gettin about ready for bed myself...lol it's 3:15...told ya I'd be up late! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Catch ya tomorrow...

Glenn

Old 11-29-2008, 03:20 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I was on Helifreak for awhile. Probably what Jeff is doing right now. Yeah you weren't kidding about staying up late. Talk to you tomorrow.

Nick
Old 11-29-2008, 03:36 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Yeah I'll be interested to know how long I can do a comfortable safe flight. I was surprised how 6 minutes only used up 1792mah in those 3300mah lipos for 6 minutes so far in idle 1 with mild settings. I was watching a lot of vids on the 500 last night on that video thread Finless has on Heli-Freak for the pics/vids of the 500, and a lot of guys fly this heli like Glenn and running 2 3-cells in series... I may try two of my Air-Thunder 3-cells which are for my 450 to experiment with and switching pinions to compensate to see the diff... They are 2200mah 25c batts... My CG probably wouldn't change much. My 5-cell is close to the nose anyway, and actually close to the top and sides even... I can't see how a 6-cell even fits safely and snug ! But they do somehow...

Its funny, because you seem like such a calm, relaxed, conservative, and respectful guy so hearing ya get a tad frustrated at work lately a bit is kinda makes me giggle a little, even though I know its not funny but if its causing you frustration because of that one manager then he must be not the greatest to work under or one to hold great leadership abilites I'am guessing for the others at the workplace also... Hopefully you will get that job at UPS huh ? I had a friend who worked there, and he said it was hard work, but not nearly as hard as some put it, but he got paid very good money working there and its a big bonus they will help you pay for college also which is the most important thing... My ol' lady Kelly works at Costco and that is another job that pays pretty good with excellent benefits and bonuses... She's 30 years old, and started working there for only $10.00 an hour in 2001, and two years later she made the supervisor position and was getting $19.65 an hour because of her hard work she puts forward, and dedication and performs things in a very professional way... Then with that position she also gets bonuses and they were from anywhere between $1500-$2500 every quarter... Then a few years after being a supervisor she made the manager position and carries a salary wage of about $70,000 a year with excellent benefits... Its a good job for someone willing to get through the preliminaries of pushing shopping carts at first and cashiering and such... But then again, by the time you moved up with Costco you would already have your electrical Engineering degree...LOL... And that's better yet ! All my family and relatives work at the Boeing company and are either retired from there, or still work there... I'am the outcast... I like to work outside, using my hands, & my imagination in the landscaping/construction trades...

Hopefully things will get better at work for ya some more a bit... Sometimes during the holiday season people tend to carry a little more stress on there shoulder in which could be the case with your manager maybe..... But anytime ya have to blow steam, were here for ya ! Blow it out all ya want my friend, that's what friends are for, and we like to know how your doing anyway whether its work or play....

Here's where my CG is with my 5-cell for you 500 fliers out there just to get an idea with my heli and these TP batts which are averaging 432-435 grams averaging... Where it is placed makes the heli just a tad nose heavy in which I prefer for just my forward flights that I only do with the Trex....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Old 11-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Carljw

Jeff
Where did you find those tiny wire straps above your motor holding the wireing to the frame.
That is the best looking heli I ever saw. You put a lot of love in the building of that T 500.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:07 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Jeff
Where did you find those tiny wire straps above your motor holding the wireing to the frame.
That is the best looking heli I ever saw. You put a lot of love in the building of that T 500.

Yeah thanks Carl... I've seen MUCH better though with some of the heli's out there. To fasten those straps, at least the two you saw by the motor mount I used Stainless Steel fasteners instead of the stock ones that come with the 500 CF kit. The other side of the motor mount uses the same length as the stock ones, but are Stainless also... But on the side you see holding the straps those two Stainless ones are just a tad longer in length to make up for a few threads lost that are holding those two straps. I've replaced EVERY fastener on the 500 CF kit with Stainless Steel ones... Down to even the little grub screws holding the flybar paddles locked into the flybar, and even the collar's little grub screws on the main shaft under the swash with Stainless Steel. I can literally torque them down until the tool breaks without stripping them if I wanted...LOL..

Those straps I got at Home-Depot in the Electrical section. The clear ones are 1/4" and the black ones are 3/8"... Even though the clear ones are smaller, I chose the black just to keep everything coordinated a little better color wise. They work very well, and worth the little bit of weight from them. You can use CA to glue them shut if you wish, or leave them for the option of always being able to have access in opening them. They come in a pack I think of about 15 or more for a couple dollars...

I also use that black and clear spiral wire loom in a few places on the heli also that works great. Again, I chose black for that also... Unlike other braided servo wire protectors like the grey and blue piece ya see the spiral wire loom is fast and easy, and is great for wires that would be harder to apply that braided stuff to... I also got that spiral stuff from Home-Depot in the Electrical section and it comes in an assortment pack in which there is bigger stuff in the pack also, and the stuff you see is the smaller of the sizes. Also only a couple bucks...

I'll take some pics of the heli with the canopy off maybe soon, to help maybe yo and JPEE get some different ideas on where to mount or route some stuff. I kinda rushed through some of these areas, as I just wanted to get the heli in the air, and still might even re-locate my gyro somewhere else, and I need to now go back and get to the details better so I didn't want to many pics taken until I was done...

Anyway, hope this helps..... Take care Carl,

~ Jeff

Old 11-29-2008, 09:50 AM
JPEE

Nick,

Thanks for the tip for the laptop, I go there ans see whats up.

As far as the 400, the wag was there for somethime, however........it could be gyro damage from and eariler crash as you suggest. The guys on HF really came in with some good suggestions too.

THE BOSS:
I will try to be brief. You know my age and in my life time I have had to work under guys and one woman like that. But I always kept this thought and it is a true-izm. People like wind up doing one of three things, either they get pushed up to a "higher postion" believe it not, or they "leave for another job" or "they get fired". I KNOW this to be true, life experience. I used to make a game out of it. Inside I would say......I'll dance at their funeral and I did in some cases. People like that just dont stay in one position for years and years. I only mention this so you can plant something in the back of your head on a daily basis so you can get through the day.
As Jeff explained Costco is a great place to work. I can say this...if they like you YOU HAVE IT MADE. My gaughter started there during the Union strike by the grocery stores here a few years ago. With her experience at Ralphs (grocery store) in checking, deli, vegtable produce, bakery so she was already catch for them. So they hired her. BUT they started bouncing her all over the store due to her vast experience. She kept her mouth shut and did as they asked so she could sell herself to them as a seasoned employee. Months later she took them aside and OK it time for a postion in one place. Well during this they had kept and eye on her and had already planned on a big push up the ladder for her. She is now a high ranking supervisor there at 31 years old. Good money and good benifits too. They have staff recognition and more $$$$.
I also have a longtime friend that retired from UPS and he made HUGE MONEY at the holidays but in the end lost his "back" so do becareful. They RAN from the truck to the house so as to move more product.

Jeff, no shi* you should have been a "STILL PHOTOGRAPHER" your stills are fit for a magazine cover! and ...............nice flying on that 500!

Enjoy your Saturday guys................JPee
Old 11-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Carljw

I just got the ballance connector for my Hyperion charger. I ordered the adapter
for my E-Flite type ballance white plugs. Are they called JST. Anyway I am haveing
a hard time getting them to plug into the adapter. On the back of the white battery
balance plug there are two ridges sticking out that prevents it from sliding in and if I turn it around the pins are to close to the wall of the adapter for it to slide in, plus there is no
+ or - on it I was going by the main wire that gos from the adapter to the charger and the pin on the side of the adapter that has the cell count like 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s
for the black wire in the battety. I have a battery charging now and just am useing my
astro blinky for now so I have the ballance plug on the battery pluged into that.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:42 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

How is everyone's heli world going? I had an OK day today, let's see if I can summarize it....

First of all, Horizon is AMAZING!! Walked out of the door this morning, and there is a package on the deck...I'm thinking, "what can this be?"....it was from Horizon, and they sent me my new B400 motor, and it already arrived! Keep in mind, I mailed it to them at lunch time this past MONDAY...and it's already here!

LISTEN UP, EVAN....do yourself a big favor and call Horizon on Monday...the number is in the back of your B400 manual...they really are great do deal with, just explain everything, and don't be upset with them, it's not their fault about your LHS...and I'll be they'll send you a new motor out..and it'll probably get there really quickly, as you are closer to them (Illinois) than I am... I hope they treat you as well as they have always treated me...I have nothing but praise for their service!!!

I didn't get much flying in today, did my long put-off chore of raking leaves...had to do it today, they were piling up...and supposed to rain tomorrow...so it had to be done...didn't leave much time for flying.

I went to the baseball field that I like so much now, and of course, there were people, and kids there...not going to chance that....so I had the Gaui, and went around the corner to the industrial park...and flew a couple of packs through it, hoping the people would leave.

I'll tell ya, I had some thoughts about selling the Gaui in the past..NO MORE!! I had forgotten how much fun it is....and that it can be flown in a pretty small area safely...and I think all my sim time has paid off...it seemed easier than ever to fly, even with it fighting the wind....love that little heli!! [sm=teeth_smile.gif]

Never did get to fly the 500....people were there until dark...[&o]

Supposed to rain all day tomorrow too...

Oh well...

I'll post again in a bit...

Glenn
Old 11-29-2008, 06:53 PM
rotarydoc

Let me finish....

I did find something interesting on the B400's wagging issue...

As I was thinking, I was always using 2100 packs in the past....up until the crash. Well, now I am using 1800 packs, because I have 3 of them, and I am using all the 2100's for the Trex...

So, this morning, I flew the problem B400 with a 2100 pack...problem resolved!!

Well, it's almost impercievable, let's put it that way....it might have the tiniest wag at full throttle, but nothing like it does with the 1800 packs...

To be sure, I swapped them back and forth....and it wags on 1800's and does not on 2100's....[sm=confused.gif]

Any ideas?

The only thing I can imagine, is that this heli has an Eflite 40 amp ESC, and my spare still has the stock 25 amp ESC...that is the only thing I can think of....if the 40 amp ESC is just drawing the pack down more, because it will flow more current? Maybe the 25 amp is limiting the burst current more than the 40 amp one? [>:]

I may, especially if it rains all day tomorrow, put the brand new 25 amp stock ESC in the problem heli, and take out the 40 amp one, and see how it goes...[sm=drowning.gif]

We'll see...

Glenn

Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Evan T.

I've already talked to them they said just to follow the directions in the manuel and then mail of
Old 11-29-2008, 07:46 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys whats going on, just catching up on the posts and such, been a long long week of work, 7 days straight so far besides having thanksgiving off and I have to work tommorrw and all that as well. Hows everyone doing? J-micheal those helicopters look sooo nice next to each other in the photos. I'm yet again broke tonight just purchased a new computer aka laptop So I just threw out 800 bucks, but its for school and such, so I will be all set with that, no new helicopters in my near future after this purchase.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:09 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Helistyle, congradualtions on the new computer. Hey, that is the tool of your life right now, SCHOOL is at the top of the list.

Evan, sorry your in the fix. Have you mailed in your motor yet?

Glenn, sound like some good news. I too made some WAG progress today but had no other time for fun flying. It long but I share the steps I took on 401 today and my response below was my post on HF.

I only had a little time today to start the process to nail down the tail wag. Went to a field and taped on another stock Eflite Gyro, no help! Then I "bound" this heli I call Blade 402 to Blade 401 TX settings which I again fly daily. No help! BUT! ! there was some progress. As I was bringing up the RPMs slowly when my stick was at say 60%-70% I clearly noted the RPMs were lower than normal. As I now had the room, I took her up about 10 feet and was also bucking a good afternoon breeze. I headed the heli into the wind and she was wagging a bit but then a gust came in and started to drive her down to the deck so I punched the throttle FULL on to pull her up and.................she sputtered and had little power. I am now convinced it is the ESC. I will swap that out tomorrow and see what that does.

I really think with todays findings and the motor sounding like it was 4cycling if you know what I mean and nearly no power to deal with a strong breeze (I fly in the hard often and know what should have happened) I really feel it will be the ESC. With the low RPM I saw today vs my patio test hover where I was so focused on NOT crashing into the house I did not hear the lower than normal RPM's, but today it was clear. It almost sounded like it was running on (forgive me I cant think of the proper term right now) low voltage where she will come down if the battery gets to low which happened to me as a newbe at the begining of the year.

Jeff: Get some sleep and rest............listen to Gramps.

Nick: Hope you had a better day than your last. PS: I got my IP address with your help

Carl: Where the hell are you anyways LOL shinning up the HD for a Sunday ride?

JPEE
Old 11-29-2008, 08:29 PM
J-MICHAEL

Heli ~

Congrats on your new laptop... A good decision as forget the heli's right now and just concentrate on school as that is the most important thing for you and your family's future... It will pay-off in the end, and you'll have the nicest fleet biggest of it...

Geez guys, I just had the sweetest flight today with the Trex 450... I'll download a video later tonight, but that thing was smokin'.... At times I had the throttle stick pegged right to the top maxxed out, and did some high altitude turns in both directions which I could never do before. It was just to cool... I flew it like I stole it, as its not my baby no more as the 500 is now...LMAO... But no crashes ! Whew... What a rush though... I swear I had it going 40+MPH's at times but hard to tell... I'll post it later...

Glenn ~

That is weird about the different batts, and the wag ordeal... I don't know what to say, other than its good your trying different variables in your troubleshooting process... That's what I do... Different combo's, swapping different things etc. etc. Kinda reminds ya of being at work eh ? Troubleshooting the auto's ya work on and such... So I guess ya might then be able to get yer ASA for a heli mechanic then ?!..LMAO...

JPEE ~

Go build that 500 Mister...! Or wax it or something... I haven't even waxed my canopy yet...LMAO... I'am slackin'... I've been distracted with the 450 lately, as I look at it different now and actually I notice I fly it different now also, and in a better way...

Evan ~

Hopefully now you'll get your motor soon partner... Horizon is awesome... I've seen them replace a whole craft and electrics for a few guys on this board because there ESC caught fire and damaged the whole ship... Keep us posted on what's going on, and don't forget to rant here if ya get frustrated as were here to listen....

Nick ~

Hopefully your day at work went well........ Tell your manager I told you to tell him to sit on it....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 PM
J-MICHAEL

Is Carl nappin.......?!.......[8D][8D]
Old 11-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Carljw

I been searching for the adapter for my charger everywhere. I found I needed a JST XH and
A-Main Hobbys sent a JST eh my falt thats what I ordered. It looked ok in the photo.
Any way I think I just made a big mistake. I googled the part number and everyplace was out
of stock. I found a place that had it called RC Flyer for $7.30 so I ordered it through Pay Pal.
So I get a conformation E- mail and here they are in Austraila. too late now its ordered.
Said $7.30 AUD. So i find out one us dollor is 1.48771 aud what ever that means,
On the total there was no shipping so I am not sure about that.

PS
I should have been napping LOL
Old 11-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Carljw

Now all of you are napping or you all got your calculators out trying to figure out
how bad i got screwed LOL.
We have the grandaughter since Thursday and she goes home tomorrow so she keeps
me jumping. I am too old for crawling around on the floor and playing in the toilet box
draging her around the famley room. I should have got rid of that last week when she left.
I dident have the heart to through it out so its my owne fault.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:13 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I won't be getting a true Engineering degree since I am going through a community college, but after I get an Associates degree I am going to work towards an Associates in machining. Then maybe I can make electronics and metal parts for helis. LOL That is cool that you have relatives that have worked/work at Boeing. My dream job would be to work at a local airplane servicing hangar for Avionics or at the Apache plant, but that is pretty far away.

Your stainless steel screws should last longer than most of the parts on the heli.

I had the day off today. I was at some relatives celebrating a post Thanksgiving.

I forgot to post this yesterday after you posted your video, but I should send my videos of me flying into you since yours look like a professional job.

Cool to hear you had a lot of fun with the 450.

JPEE,

Cool to hear you made progress on your tail wag. Good to hear you found out your IP address. I hope it helps.

Glenn,

Cool to hear you got a motor from Horizon and that you also made progress on the tail wag.

I didn't know you were thinking about selling the Gaui. I turned my swashmix down to 60%ish and it became very stable for inverted training. I think it will also be a good 3D trainer for you.

Helistyle,

Cool to hear you got a computer.

Nick
Old 11-29-2008, 10:18 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys...............you too Jeff lol

Well what can I say, I still can't get that DANG NABIT wag out of 402. I just strapped on another new ESC and NOTHING! she wags. So if you saw my earleir post I have now changed the ESC, Gyro, and re-bound it to my TX where I fly my 401 without issue to this point. Tomorrow I plan to take off my tail servo and change that with another brand spanking new Hitec 65MG. AHHHHHHH it is good to live in Amercia where a guy can have a spare of everything on his heli, it sure makes trouble shooting easier, if it would just SOLVE my problem.

The P...man
Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

You could also try another motor from one of your B400's and see if that is the problem. I burnt up the magnets and windings on one of my Belt CP motors, but it didn't cause a wag. Don't ask how I managed to do that. LOL

Sorry to hear the other ESC didn't solve the problem.

Nick
Old 11-29-2008, 10:27 PM
JPEE

HEY NICK,

PLEASE LOOK BELOW
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8195809/tm.htm

BY KE4NYV

The first boards for my new mCX USB charger showed up while I was away for Thanksgiving. I got back today to find them waiting on me.

After building up a couple test units, I managed to charge and run through about 4 cycles with my standard mCX batteries. The charge time is a little slow (~55 minutes for me) but that is mainly due to the fact that the USB port of a computer only supplies +5VDC and the LiPo charging controller is limited to 100mA when using USB power.

The charger is pretty simple. Plug into a USB port of a computer, plug the other end into the charger and then plug in the battery. The STAT LED will light to show charging and then go out when charging is complete.

Here is a picture of one unit charging a battery:

I plan to have these available for sale possibly this week. The charger will come assembled with a heat-shrinked covering. I will offer the charger with and without a 24" USB A to Mini B cable. I have not set prices yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53071.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1081140  
Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
JPEE

Yea Nick, I gotcha. Got and extra one of those too in the JPEE Heli Parts bin LMAO

JPee
Old 11-29-2008, 10:46 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is a pretty cool charger.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.