Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

did you make those chargers jpee?/ They almost look like they would charge my walkera 4#3b batteries. New computer is nice, actually creating backup disc's for it as we speak
Old 11-29-2008, 11:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

When I had my 450 flying earlier today, both my idle ups wouldn't work I noticed....[&:] Before when I had the Kontronik Jazz ESC in the Trex, it only ran in governor mode, and so that's why I took it out as I don't like governor mode as I like to be able to tweak with my throttle and pitch curves and such... I haven't flown this thing for a couple months so I can't remember what I had set the Castle ESC to that's in the Trex right now... I must have accidently programmed it into governor mode maybe ? I'll have to hook it up to my computer and check later to see... If that's the case, I need to take it off governor... I just don't like it, and besides I've heard of guys having issues with the governors on the Castle esc's, so not sure... Its almost like my idle ups are inhibited or something...Weird...

Anyway I was surprised after the few flights I did today, that afterwards my motor, ESC, and battery were barely warm... I'am guessing the extra ventilation holes maybe helped out in the speeds I was cruising at perhaps... Pretty fun though ! And this thing is a heavy pig also ! It weighed for flying weight in the video at 841 grams... The Trex 450 SE V2 comes in around 745 grams... The blade 400 is about 590-600 grams...

You know the drill, and to watch it in high quality or it will be blurry as hek..... You'll see a few times I had the throttle stick pegged to the max, as the speed and camera got blurry trying to keep up.... It was so killer...! I love the 450....!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRelncP6cCs

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 11-30-2008, 12:11 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Heli, that is cool that you got a new computer...what brand did you go with? Good that you are making a backup disc too...it might come in handy some day...trust me...LOL!

Nick,

I wasn't seriously considering selling the Gaui, but it did cross my mind when I was thinking about batteries at first for the 500...but I'm just going to use the 3S packs until I decide what to use for next year. So, after today, I'm definately keeping it! I can't believe how fast I got my motor from Horizon....but no radio yet...

JPEE,

That's a real head scratcher there....good luck when you try the servo swap tomorrow...I am not going to pursue mine, besides maybe swapping the ESC for the new 25 amp, and see how that does..[sm=confused.gif]

Jeff,

WOW...you got that 450 CRUISIN' !!!!

Nice!! I wish I had a nice open area like that to fly in....I would be peggin' the 400 too...I am much like you, in that my feelings/flying the B400 has changed competely since I moved up to the 500....I think Nick knows that feeling as well...

Evan,

Good to hear that you called Horizon...and are going to get it taken care of...

Carl,

Hope your new charger works out well for you...

Glenn
Old 11-30-2008, 12:20 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I don't have a problem with the Governors on the CC ESC's on the 450 and 600, but it has caused a little vibration in the tail of the Gaui. I don't think it can keep up with the headspeed on that as well as the slower HS of the 450 and 600. But the vibration isn't that big of a deal since my tail is still rock solid. If you have the Governor activated I don't know what one you have since there are 3 different ones on the CC ESC's. On the one I use you can choose three HS and it chooses which one to use based on the position of the throttle stick. So for a slow one I have the throttle curve below 50%, for a medium I have it between 50% and 98%, and a higher one at 98%-100%. I personally like the governors.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 12:31 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Nice flying with the 450.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 12:58 AM
JPEE

Jeff, that has to be the BEST FLYING you have ever posted. Your were kicking it man. Thats what I call flying!!! Well Done!!!!!

JPee
Old 11-30-2008, 01:00 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I opened a session on G4 if you wanna join.

Glenn
Old 11-30-2008, 01:47 AM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for your input on the governors... I still have to check it out. I've been busy (as usual...LOL..) so I haven't had a chance yet to see... I think maybe I just don't understand them I think... So does your idle ups still function with your governor mode activated ? It seems like your does by the way you were describing how you have three settings... I've just heard of guys ranting about the governors with the Castle ESC's so I'am just paranoid a little I suppose... I know guys are jumping up and down with excitement with the Kontronik ESC's governors, but I didn't care for it. It did have the most killer soft start function you'll probably ever experience with that esc though... So I did like that... I'll have to look further into it... I still gotta eat dinner first...LMAO... Thanks again though....

Glenn ~

I say ya start cuttin' some trees down for some airspace eh ?!... LMAO... Oh.... Then sell the firewood, to support the heli addiction, and to fund for more parts....

JPEE ~

Thanks..... I'am almost as good as you now ol' feller....[8D] Watch it, I'am coming up behind ya on the progress.... Yeah it was so crazy.. I love it... I still can't believe I tried those different turns in the air which I could never do or did before... It wasn't that bad... I was even prepared to run like a madman when the heli was above me, and I tried those turns... But it went good, and I didn't have to run at all....LMAO... I was calm when flying, but when I still watch the video right now, my hands get sweaty... Funny huh ?!...LOL...

Take care guys, I gotta eat something...

~ Jeff
Old 11-30-2008, 02:07 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Yeah my idle ups still work while in governor mode. Instead of having different throttle curves I just have different headspeeds to choose from. I think most of the complaints with the governors was with the old firmware and the first two governors. Those seemed to complicated for me, so I use the third option of set RPM. It is much easier, but you have to know the number of poles that your motor has and the rest of the required info is easy to get.

Glenn,

I keep getting error messages and it is getting late for me, since I had a long day and I have the fun fly tomorrow. This time I will bring spare parts. LOL

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 02:16 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds good....have fun tomorrow....LOL on the spare parts..

Yeah G4 isn't very reliable lateley...and I'm gettin tired too...

Have a great time...

Glenn
Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Carljw

I got an e-mail from RC Flyer this morning asking if I wanted to go ahead
with the order becouse the shipping from Australia would be 18.00 so I cancled.
The adapter was 4.50 usd that was 7.50 aud so the price was not bad but the shipping
was way too much.
I guy on H/F found one at R/C Dude Hobbies in Oregon for 4.50 and 5.00 fast shipping
so I ordered from them. So now I will have 3 adapters and be covered for all batterys LOL
I will just use my Astro blinky till I get it. I never use it while chargeing a battery just
after with my E-Flite chargers. So I will try conecting it up while chargeing and see how that works out. So I have a EH and a XH and the one that came with the charger there is only
two other a HP and a TP so it must be one of them it does not have any marking for what type
it just has Hyperion Adapter on it so mabey its the HP.

I have a ? about the charger what does cycle setting do.

If any one needs to know what adapter fits what I printed out a sheet saying what battery fits
what adapter.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 AM
evdreamer

Carl,

Cool to hear you found the adaptor in the states. The charger comes with the Hyperion (HP) adaptor. The Hyperion balancer is amazing and works very good.

I am pretty sure cycling is for NiCd and NiMh, so as long as your not charging those you don't have to worry about the cycling setting. But I am thinking it charges it and then discharges the battery, which you don't need to do with lithium batteries.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Carljw

I wish it had a store mode. I have 3 CPP batterys sitting around waiting for the new moter set up from the CPP2.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:38 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Are you talking about were it charges it to 50%? I don't know about your exact charger, but I am pretty sure my Hyperion charger does something similar to that.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 02:03 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Do you have something called TCS on your Hyperion charger? Because I think that is how you can choose to charge to a certain point for like storing a battery or fully charging it.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Carljw

No tsc settings that i can see its a Hyperion EOS 0606i charger. It has a discharge
setting and I guess i could set how far I would want it to discharge it.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
evdreamer

Well the first snow of the year finally came here. Good thing I have those fun flies to get me through winter.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:43 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well Jeff, you can take your Washington state weather back over on that side of the country anytime now...LOL![>:]

Steady rain, 11MPH wind, and 40 degrees....YUCK!![sm=drowning.gif]

I was hoping for a break in the weather, but it looks like a no-go on any flying today, maybe I'll get out the MCX's...LOL

Nick,

What time does your fun fly start? Hope you have the spare parts you might need in case of a mishap this time.

I did alot of practicing tic-tocs last night on G4 and Phoenix. They are harder to do on Phoenix, for sure. I feel like I made pretty good progress...it takes alot of practice!

I don't know what's up with G4 mulitplayer lately, but it sure is frustrating. I wonder if the upgrade to 4.5 is messing things up on 4.0 or something. I hope they get it all figured out soon.

JPEE,

Let us know how your troubleshooting is going with the B400...I may or may not change the ESC on mine...

You know, I was thinking about something this morning...at least in my case. Nick and I were talking about colder weather and it's effect on battery performance/output...that is the other variable that has changed recently too....something for me to consider...I don't think it affects you though...

Evan,

Hang in there!

Heli,

Good choice on the PC before another heli...sometimes you just have to do what is right, even if it means sacrficing the hobby stuff for a while....not very good heli flying weather anyways...

Glenn
Old 11-30-2008, 02:46 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

How much snow did you or are you gonna get?

It actually snowed here last week, but it was just flurries.

I'm not looking forward to it....it's cool at first, but it gets old quick!

At least I have the Forester, it should be fun to see how well it goes in the snow...

Glenn

Old 11-30-2008, 02:59 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your weather.

The Fun Fly starts at 5-7CST. Yep I have all the spare parts I need in case of a crash. I have them in little bags, so that will be easy to transport. Then I will also bring the common tools I need to replace those parts.

When I was learning tic tocs I just start in a hover then flip 180 degrees in any direction. Then I get the inverted hover under control and flip back to the upright position. Then when I was comfortable with that I sped it up and didn't stop to maintain the hover. I was practicing 4pt tic tocs just a few minutes ago on G4.

I have no idea how much snow I will get, but it is just coming down lightly. It isn't so much fun to fly with the ground covered in snow since it will reflect the sun right in my eyes.

Yeah you shouldn't have any problems getting around in the snow with the Forester. I don't have 4wd, but at least I have a front wheel drive car.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you'll be set for the fun fly. It should be more fun if you don't have so much down time like last time. I sure wish I had one of those in my area/club.

I'm slowly getting the hang of the tic tocs...I have the elevator ones down pretty well...but am finding the aileron ones more difficult. They sure make it look easy on the training videos on Phoenix...that guy (Duncan Osbourne, I think?) sure is good...LOL

It's just going to take practice.

Yeah, never thought about the snow/sun combo...that could be difficult. I wish it were snowing here instead of raining...at least I could fly in it if it wasn't too heavy and affected the visibility too much. But a cold rain is another story...I don't want to fly THAT BAD...

Hope you have a great time at the fun fly. I just got the MCX out, and 5 batteries....LOL

Maybe I'll see ya later on G4..if it works right...

Glenn
Old 11-30-2008, 03:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I should be set for the Fun Fly. I am also bringing 7 batteries for the Gaui.

Good to hear you got the MCX out. I might be on G4 after the Fun Fly.

I think the Fun Fly is part of AMA's park flyer program. Someone probably went to this rec center and asked if we could fly there. Then knowing that everyone who flies is part of AMA they don't have to worry if someone destroys something. Maybe you could ask Rob or someone at your local flying field if they could do something similar, so you have a place to fly during the winter.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had a blast at the Fun Fly again. I sure got a lot of attention after I went inverted. Everyone thought I was going to crash once I flipped.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good to hear that the fun fly was fun...LOL!

How many people were there?

Did anyone else have helis?

No crashes this time (I hope)?[X(]

Is it still snowing?

Glenn
Old 11-30-2008, 10:33 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

There were probaly 15-20 people there and usually there were 6 aircraft flying at a time. So I would have to dodge some of them most of the time.

Yeah about half of them had helis. Most of them were CX/CX2, one CP and a MCX.

No crashes this time. I still don't know what happened the last time.

It stopped snowing a few hours ago. Not enough to cover the ground.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.