Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:46 PM
airborne14830

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Opjose,

I have not yet received your e-mail, can you resend and possibly send as two e-mail because of its size?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 PM
airborne14830

I have an evolution .61 I will be installing with a 11x7 pusher prop. Do I need to do anything to the engine besides adding the prop for it to run like a pusher?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: airborne14830

Opjose,

I have not yet received your e-mail, can you resend and possibly send as two e-mail because of its size?

Thanks
Sure I'll see what I can do.

I didn't get a bounceback so I assumed you got it.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:13 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: airborne14830

I have an evolution .61 I will be installing with a 11x7 pusher prop. Do I need to do anything to the engine besides adding the prop for it to run like a pusher?
Nope, as far as the engine is concerned it will be working as normal.

I would return the engine, and set it to be just slightly more rich as the engine will tend to run a bit hotter with the prop behind it, instead of in front.

The Limiters on the Evolutions tend to make them rich anyway, so it may be OK as is though.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:31 PM
HeliTB

opjose...First of all I thank you for your excellent advice. Now for clarity. On approach once you get down to a certain speed and throttle position, turn on your spoilerons. And once on the ground turn off spoilerons and turn on flaperons? That seems easy enough.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
opjose

I normally make a pass to drop the landing gear, while slowing down...

Once I'm on the downwind leg, and I turn into the base leg, I raise the spoilerons to help kill lift and establish a steeper glide...

I then turn into final with the spoilerons up, holding the nose up while letting the plane settle in nose high.

Once the gear touch the ground I'll hold the nose up until the front gear drops, and then push the nose down to help braking...

I don't use flaps...

If anything I'm considering a second on the ground mix, maybe raising the spoilerons even higher, and moving both rudders outward to increase drag even more.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoilerons (crow braking) is used a lot now on jets, flaperons where you use the ailerons as flaps, should be avoided as you put wash-in at the tip which will cause tip stalling at slower speeds.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Dave B. P.
My Feedback: (63)

I went to work on my Nitro Bobcat, but realize that that manual got destroyed with a water problem. Was searching the forum looking for someone who might have the manual, and came across your message. Would you send the manual to me, please? The email address below will take the large file.

Thanks,
Dave

[email protected]
Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Romulo

Hi Dave,

I will send you by mail.

Regards
Old 01-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Boomerang1

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't flown mine for a while but 3 fun flights this morning! - John.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59137.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	1113308  
Old 01-18-2009, 09:15 PM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

opps wrong post...
Old 01-19-2009, 11:54 AM
BillS

Is the Bob Cat discussed here still being manufactured? A few more of the usual hard landings and a new airplane will be needed. I would like to learn to fly the airplane with reasonable success. Also understand the Tower .75 engine is available again.

Bill
Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Wingspam

bILLS

I have had my Nitro models bobcat for around a year and a half. Powered with an Os 55ax w/ a 10x8 prop. I would say its a 7 out of 10 as far as its looks, after this long and as many flights as I have on it.

Nitro Models have been out of stock on this plane for a couple of months, along with most of the other models. I have sent them many emails asking when a certain model will be back in stock and the only answer I get is " any plane out of stock, will be in stock in 4 to 5 days".

I have been waiting on the Kangaroo for 3 months now... so good luck on the bobcat..
Old 01-27-2009, 02:43 AM
polishedbrother

My canopy to my falcon 120 was cracked from the factory too.
I got no answer when trying to resolve the problem. I ended up covering it with carbon fiber trim sheets.
anyone concerned about the nylon bolts that hold the boom to the wing? I replaced mine with aluminum. I also used 440 rods and ball links through out.[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19088.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1120731  
Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
BillS

The length of this thread indicates interest in the Bob Cat was very high. It seems unusual to discontinue products that were successful. Everything seems to be sold out.

Seems like a strange business model.

I used steel bolts to hold the booms but think that 1/4 – 20 nylon through bolts with nylon nuts on the bottom might be better.

Bill
Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: BillS

The length of this thread indicates interest in the Bob Cat was very high. It seems unusual to discontinue products that were successful. Everything seems to be sold out.

Seems like a strange business model.

I used steel bolts to hold the booms but think that 1/4 – 20 nylon through bolts with nylon nuts on the bottom might be better.

Bill
I don't think the problem is with the vendor's here in the U.S. not wanting to restock.

I know N.P. for one has had difficulties getting restocked from China on the Balsa planes.
They've told me that they hope to get them back in by mid February but they are at the mercy of the manufacturers in China.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
BillS

I don't think the problem is with the vendor's here in the U.S. not wanting to restock.

I know N.P. for one has had difficulties getting restocked from China on the Balsa planes.
They've told me that they hope to get them back in by mid February but they are at the mercy of the manufacturers in China.
The pusher Bob Cat design is aesthetically pleasing and was well received. With a design revision incorporating the most popular changes described in this forum the airplane would be even more popular.

Label the airplane as a .75. Flight performance is bad with a .45 engine.

Identify the design weight as 7.5 to 8 pounds.

The airplane would fly easier with about 50sq in more wing area. Wing width is maximum for assembled carry.

Bill
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 AM
airborne14830

Do we balance this plane inverted? And do we balance it with a dry or full gas tank? Also, I am using robart retracts with air up and spring down. For some reason i just get one maybe two uses out of the air reserve tank before the retaracts won't work. I am using brass contectors instead of the plastic ones. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 01:07 AM
cyborg1

Balance the plane upright with an empty tank, since the fuel tank is almost directly on the cg. I have the same retract problem as you with my spring air system. I am using the small tank, and I am only able to get 2, maximum 3 cycles per tank of air before the front gear refuses to fully lock in the retracted position.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 PM
HeliTB

I have the Robarts as well and get about the same number of cycles. You shouldn't need more than one cycle per flight. If you buy a larger tank don't get the large it won't fit. Don't ask me how I know :-). Get the medium.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:25 AM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

Is there any other source for a canopy for the Bobcat 52? I cracked mine in a hanger accident. I guess Nitro use to sell them for $7 which seemed very reasonable. I don't want too spend too much on a canopy for a hundred dollar plane.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:05 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope someone knows, I've been searching for one since fall with a Hanger accident too. Need one for spring time, Been hoping NM would get more in but China isn't sending the venders any thing either. Hopefully that was not one of the factories we hear closing down.

Dauntae
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 PM
cyborg1

I just changed my 50 heli engine to a OS75 AX and flew it this weekend...it flew all right, but not with the speed of my 50 engine with a macs pipe. Bad news is, the 75 is just as loud as my 50 with the pipe, and the airfield already had comments about the loudness...running out of airfields to fly this baby. I was using an apc 11x7, as I couldn't get the graupner in Thailand. By the way, I have made molds for the canopy, but I'm still not able to get someone to pull molds for me. A local hobby manufacturer wanted 30 bucks for each canopy, and that's way too much. If I can find another manufacturer, I"ll let you guys know asap.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:07 AM
cyborg1

BTW, I have a puzzling flight characteristic with my Bobcat. When banking in a left hand turn and applying elevator to tighten the turn, the plane wants to climb. I'm currently flying the plane with no elevator input in turns, and the plane is banked at a 90 degree angle to get it to turn back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like it is tail heavy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.