Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:41 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Guys,

HELI, no that is not my charger just one I wanted to show you guys from another thread, hope your well and banging those laptop keys lol

Nick, sounds like your having fun fly fun for sure!

Glenn, sorry if I am repeating myself but between here and HF I am confused. I took my tools and everything to the baseball diamond late yesterdfay at almost sunset. Of course a bunch of kids were on the field farting around. I went to the park and found two soccer games in progress YIKES!! So I moved over 50 yards under the high tension giant elecrcial towers just for hovering and working on 402. I tried the re-bind to 401 TX no help. I tried the second gyro no help. The wind was starting to get hard and at one point started to drive me into the deck so I puched it and no power, she kinda 4 cycles if you will. So late last night I added a second ESC and nothing again and tried in the backyard. I can hear the lower rpms so I am changing the motor and see what happens. We had hard wind all day and I had a service call. What was worse is..... the nieghbor and friend lost his phone service so I spent (3) three hours tracking his phones lines in the house and attic and as Murphy's Law says I found a short in his phone line on the last jack in the garage. But in the end his phones were up and the phone company had quoted him $75.00 for the first half hour! So I was to beat and again......... with the wind just could not muster the ooph to change out the motor and try to fly. I'll do it a day or three. I have to calls tomorrow and two on Tuesday and one biggie on Wed and a far out one on Thursday. Crap, no rest for the wicked I guess. Oh well it helps to put $$ back in I spent on the 500. Who knows, perhaps a 5 cell???

Did you get anywhere? Looks like your weather did not alow you to do much either.

You guys on your Fun Flys! I am just not good enough to join your trials, or games whatever so I have not logged on BUT you guys have fun. WHEEEEEW JEFF I need a napper after that LMAO

JPee

Old 11-30-2008, 10:52 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

We only did freestyle a couple of times. And I only do it for fun. It would be great if you came and fly with us.

Nick
Old 11-30-2008, 10:54 PM
JPEE

ThankS Nick, I'll pop in and look a round and see how the big boys do it. THANKS for the hospitality.

JPee

DROPPED IN FOR A MOMENT THEN LOST MY CONNECTION. THEN SITE WAS FULL SO I AM OFF TO TV FOR THE NIGHT

jpEE
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick/Glenn ~

Yeah it kept booting me off also... But on other sessions it didn't, so kinda weird... I always just figured its maybe my poor connection here on the mountain or my laptop not sure still... That's what had me discouraged awhile back on the G4 also... When I get back home I will have a better connection, if it is that as I'am not sure. But since JPEE got booted also, then maybe its not on my end.. Who knows....LOL....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 11-30-2008, 11:27 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Now you have me wondering...

Do you want me to open another session, and we can try again?

Glenn
Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Did you just get booted from your own session?

Nick
Old 12-01-2008, 12:08 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Now I am getting booted off. Maybe we can try this some other day. I have some homework I have to catch up on.

Nick
Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That's cool...I gotta do some stuff too...

I'll catch you later.

I wish we could get G4 fixed, maybe I'll check the forums later or tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 AM
JPEE

Hey guys,

Sounds like the G4 strikes (or struck) again. Right after you and Nick said HEY JPEE I started to life off and BOOm was disconnected!

To one all, have a great Monday.

Seeya in the air somewhere.

JPee
Old 12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
evdreamer

Guys guess what I just did with the Gaui!! Part of a piro flip, backwards flight, part of a tic toc, and a bunch of different types of flips. I was getting to used to it and trying it very close to the ground and it ended in a crash, but nothing major. But it was so much fun. It was just like I was flying on G4. One of these days I really need to make another video. And this is only the third day of me tying inverted stuff. Almost everything I learned on G4 carried over. I just needed the guts to just go for it. The motor was really bogging down going into flips. I learned how to keep it from doing that, but it isn't easy. So during the rebuild I am thinking about putting the stock motor back in, since it actually has a little more power and is lighter. I love flying helis.

Nick
Old 12-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Carljw

How can I tell the charge current in ampere for NiMh batterys. I want to start useing my
Hyperion to charge my AA batterys. I have 3 different sizes and the book says to find the
proper current in ampere,

2500 mah
1500 mah

600mah
Old 12-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys well still with no motor this really sucks. So how do you send stuff to horizon can your tell every thing I need to do like really everything oh and by the way I am like 6 pages behind because I was at my dads and he can't afford Internet right now
Old 12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Welcome back!

Was wondering where you went....you have some catching up to do!

To send your motor back to Horizon, all you have to do is pack it up, and fill out this form, and put it in the box, with a copy of the receipt (hopefully you still have it, make a copy, don't send the original).

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Content/...rchecklist.pdf

You'll have to print it out, so hopefullly, you have a printer you can use.

Or, you can just call them, and see if they will send you a return shipping box of some sort, I have never done that, but someone was saying they did that for them...so it might be good to just call them at the number on that form above.

I always include a copy of the receipt, so that there are no issues, hope you saved it.

I got my motor in less than a week from the time I sent it in, including the day off for Thanksgiving....so that was really great service!

Let us know how you make out with it...

Hope this helps, [sm=teeth_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Evan T.

Well I can't print that out so I guess I'm gonna send it with a letter I called them and he said to send it in a small box or envelope and the first time I called the guy said to go to the post office and the second time they didn't say anything about were to take it what did you do
Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Yeah, get it packed up in a small box...and don't forget to take the mount off...they may forget to return it...so just the motor itself.

Then, put the service center's address on it, (it is on that form) and enclose a descrption of the problem, and of course your name, and address.

Take the box to the post office, and mail it. You may want to get delivery confirmation, to make sure that they get it OK.

That should be about it...pretty easy, really.

Then, just wait until the new one comes in.

Mine was very quick, hopefully if you send yours in like tomorrow, you may have it for the weekend.

Just be SURE to send it Priority, not Parcel post...Parcel Post is cheaper, but it takes FOREVER to get there. [>:]

Priority on the small box should be about $6.00 or so.

You can even (usually) get a priority box for free at the post office.

Hope you send it soon, so you can get back in the air this weekend!

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is awesome!

So, you did like a combo of all the moves in one?

Yeah, you need to get some video of that when you get some time, I'm sure everyone would love to see it!

Sorry about the crash, but it sounds like the fun offset the crash...

That is REALLY good news that the moves transferred over well from your G4 experience....very promising that all the sim time pays off....

You are making me rethink which heli I want to try to do an elevator flip on first, the Gaui, or the B400...

I think there is such a low mass with the Gaui, the crashes aren't as severe.

I just need to get some of the Microheli mixer arms....I'm just waiting until I need some more stuff, to justify the shipping.

I am so glad for ya!!

Maybe I'll get there one of these days...I think I'm about 6 months or so behind ya...so maybe by next spring/summer, I'll be doing something close...I HOPE....LMAO!! [sm=what_smile.gif]

Great flying, both on G4 and RL...congrats!

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

NICK:

Congradualations on the Gaui flip and other moves. You must feel great. Hang in there and stick with it. All good things take ttime.

Glenn,

I only had a moment so I thought I would throw in the new Eflite 400 motor only to find iout after I opend the bag it is a bare motor! I have to take off the mount and gear. BUT................after making the the change as I tried tighten down the gear the screw threads pulled out of it! I now need to go to the LHS and get a new gear....BUT..........perhaps that is the reason for all of my problems. I checked the old motor shaft and it shows no signs of slipage. But perhaps it was kinda just slipping to some small degree causing the my problem wag.

EVAN: good luck on getting that motor in to Horizon and getting you new one. Do what Glenn says, it works everytime for the both of us.

JPee off to the BBQ to cook supper!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:43 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

I was just reading JPEE's comments, and he reminded/pointed out something else...make sure you take the pinion off of the motor too, before you send it to Horizon!!

So, no mount, and no pinion on the motor when you send it....

Good luck with it, Horizon is great to deal with.

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Sorry to hear that your pinion threads stripped out...that sucks...but I think you would see some "witness marks" as we call them in the auto industry of the gear/screw slipping on the motor shaft? I would think something along the lines of a gouge or deep scrape?

Hopefully, one way or the other, the new motor solves it...

If not, just put it in a box, and ship it over here, and get started on the 500 build...LMAO!![sm=omg_smile.gif] Just kidding, of course!

Let us know how you make out with it.

I wish we could get G4 figured out, after last night, when both you and Jeff got booted, and I got booted from my own session...Jeff was saying that he didn't get booted from other sessions, so I am begining to wonder if it's something on my end...

And next time, we won't start any freestyle, since there is no way to select who is entered and who is not, I'm going to start asking if people want to turn it on or not...it's not fair to the people who don't want to participate[>:]

Good luck with the B400 diagnosis[sm=idea.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Evan T.

Okay cool thanks for all of the help I should probably be able to send it tomorrow and nick nice job sounds like your doing well with helis
Old 12-01-2008, 08:10 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

You are welcome.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 PM
rotarydoc

Nick, Jeff, JPEE,

I did some homework on G4....and we're not the only ones having multiplayer problems....

But, I came across this, and it seems like it might be worth a shot;[sm=idea.gif]

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22014

So, next time I host a session, before hand, I'll hook the PC right up to the cable modem, bypassing the access point/router, and I'll temporarily turn off the firewall, and we'll see if it helps at all...

I'll just have to remember to put it all back when I'm done...LOL[sm=what_smile.gif]

Glenn

Just an idea....

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
JPEE

Glenn and guys, I have the big computer up I opened a G4 session right now at 6:01 pm. called Jpee Heli Fun Fly. I will leave it up until I go to bed tonight to see if you guys can stay on it IF anyone elses is home tonight to try it. As you know I have NEVER had a failure from my end as a host

JPee
Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I made it about 10 minutes....and got booted...so I don't know...

I'm still going to try the method that they outlined in the knifedge forums.

I was on another session for about 45 minutes, so go figure?

Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it...

Glenn
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 PM
JPEE

Roger and 10-4

I am shutting it down. It was worth a try.

JPEE out 7:45

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.