Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Man I can't wait to get the b400 back in the air my mom said she would take me to the post office tomorrow but who knows she will probably change her mind or something
Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Evan T.

does anyone have the eflite helicopter tool set are they worth the money
Old 12-02-2008, 01:19 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just did the moves I listed separately.

Yeah I will get some video once I really feel comfortable and the weather cooperates with me. It sounds like it might be too windy for the Gaui anytime soon.

The Gaui isn't that hard to flip if you are high enough, but if you do it low you have to make sure you don't bog the motor down or you might not be able to recover after the flip. It was actually pretty stable and I turned the swashmix up to 100% for aileron and elevator. I also turned up my headspeed some too.

Yeah the Microheli mixing arms are worth the money. I can understand about waiting on small orders. There are a few things that I want/need, but shipping would almost cost just as much as those.

Yeah just doing those moves was worth the crash.

Yeah I think you will be able to do those moves some day. If you just keep practicing on G4 and RL you shouldn't have a problem doing them.

Yeah I think I read something similar before about by passing all of those things.

JPEE,

Thanks. Yeah I feel great. I spent a lot of time on G4 practing those moves and it finally paid off.

Evan,

Thanks. Yeah the helis are a lot of fun. Mild 3D is too easy on airplanes and kind of bores me, but it takes a lot of practice on the helis and that doesn't bore me.

I have never tried the E-Flite tools. I have some by Helidirect and they work great for me. I got a combo deal with 8-10 tools and they come with almost every tool I need for the Gaui up to the 600.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Evan T.

that's cool yeah I can do loops and rolls and hovers and stuff with planes but I don't even have one only on sim at the lhs
Old 12-02-2008, 10:08 AM
JPEE

Hi Evan,

I bought that set some months ago. Overall it is not a bad starter tool kit. It will give you an Allen head size for taking of your blades, a Allen head for taking off the feather-shaft, main shaft, screws, a Phillips to take off all servo and frame screws, and a Phillips that is larger and "sometimes used on screw like the ones that hold the boom braces down to your skidd frame. You will also get a ball-allen driver for which I have not found a use, an a small flat blade screw driver for which I have very little use for, sometimes prying off a servo horn arm. Like I said, its an good starter set which I have been using since June to date. I did augment the kit with two other Phillips drivers that fit in some places a little better.

Everything on your 400 is either Phillps or Allen heads and this kit will work for you. The small Phillips is the same head size as the little free one that came with your heli. However these drivers have long shanks and pretty decent handles. I like that they are long so you have room to grasp the handle and get deep into the heli when needed.

I can't say there are any better as I did not look further. When I asked my LHS they said this kit overall is made for the 400. I have no regrets.

Good Luck and let us know what you decide....................JPee
Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
evdreamer

The weather is perfect, so I got some video of me flipping the Gaui around since I don't know when the next good day will be to fly. I still need some practice to make my flying look better, but I haven't made a video in awhile, so I hope you guys enjoy. My videos take for ever to upload, so I will let you know when it is done.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 04:40 PM
JPEE

Hey Crew,

Well..........................................# 402 update: With a new motor installed today, and over the last week a new ESC, Gyro, different blades tail blades, frame, boom, she still wags.

Today after I installed the new motor she hums like a dream and is easy to handle in the back yard. But once again I tested her power with two fully charged batteries and she just goes soft and looses rpms when punched on the throttle. I am sure we all have the same thoughts, something is binding, but remember she did this before!!! the crash but just not quite this bad and I lived with it. So rather than change the belt I am going to reach way out and change my ar6100e out of my plane and try that. It is the easiest next a step. ANYBODY WANT A 400 CHEAP! JUST KIDDING, I'LL TAKE THIS SOB TO MY GRAVE before I give up on a freakin piece of plastic and let it win this fight.

JPee.......no smiles today guys.

PS: When I find the fix dont ask me unless you have some $$$$$$$$$ for the answer, just some small fee for what I went through LMFAO

MY NEXT STEP IF THE RX DOES NOT WORK:
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:12 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Sorry to hear the B400 is not wanting to give up the reason why it is wagging like that.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

This has been a battle to say the least. Moments ago I changed the RX and she still won't stop wagging but now she wont even lift off! She spools up and sounds great, then as soon as I apply enough throttle to where she becomes light the motor drops RPMs and she flounders. I am perplexed to say the least. I need to walk away for a day two before I need to re-drywall the hobby rooms wall from where I threw this DEVILS CHILD............. LOL

Thanks as always for your kind words of support.

JPee
Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 PM
evdreamer

I have been trying to upload the video I made since 3:30CST and Youtube keeps giving me a error message. I don't like the new way to upload videos. But I found a way to upload it the old way and it seems to be working now, but it is still very slow.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
evdreamer

Ok guys here is the [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hES0hroLLEg]Gaui video[/link]. Hope you like it.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

WOW is all I can say!

Glenn is going to be green with envy!

Nick, that was really some great flying. I could se the funnels and most of the flips and alot of the inverted flight.......Really Really Great!

Three cheers for the Gaui too, she did well.

JPee

ps: found out why my laptop will connect to G4. For some reason my firewall won't let it reach out so to speak so it cannot find a IP to hook to for group flying. I dropped the firewall for a few minutes and got out on line without a problem. Now I need to work on giving permission to the firewall to let G4 out on the net.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Thanks. I didn't know how well it would turn out since I don't have anyone that wants to film me. So I have to zoom out, so I can get most of the flight in the shot.

Yeah the Gaui seems to do a little better with the stock motor and without the governor. It also seems more stable in an inverted hover than before.

Cool to hear that you can now get on G4 with your laptop.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Evan T.

Maybe your esc is bad on 402. Nick I haven't watched the vid yet but good job. And I shipped the motor today priority mail
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Cool video!! It looks like you are gettting very comfortable with flipping the Guai now...lots of flips and inverted flying it looks like...very cool! It's too bad you don't have anyone to film for you...and I have the same issue, if you zoom in too much, it cuts some of the picture out, and zoom out, and it seems kinda far away...but it turned out well, and in high quality, is very clear. Can't wait until I can do that stuff someday...lol!

JPEE,

What a nightmare!! It sounds like you have tried just about everything! Maybe it is time to put it aside for a bit....but I know exactly how you feel about getting it fixed before you start the 500 build...I was the same way, had to finish up my rebuild before I moved on too...but mine wasn't kicking my butt like yours is doing (well, sort of with that flybar screw until I found it). [>:]

I don't know what else to tell you to try...that is strange that the other 6100 made it even worse...one would think that the receivers would act identically...[X(]

Hmmm, what next? Any more ideas?

Evan,

I was going to tell you that JPEE had that kit, but I guess you and he already touched on that subject. Glad to hear that you got the motor sent out today...with any luck, it'll be back to ya by the weekend, if they do as well for you as they did for me...

Jeff,

Pretty quiet over there, you up to something? LOL!! [sm=omg_smile.gif]

Heli,

You never did tell us what kind of laptop you got, I am curious what you picked out?

Glenn
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I fell asleep in front of the computer again. I am still tired from the last couple of days. Thanks for the compliment. Yeah I am very comfortable flipping the Gaui now.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

It's all good, I'm kinda tired myself lately...thinking I have some kinda cold or something like you did...runny nose, and kinda tired.

Plus I had a really bad day at work, so I'm not in too much of a talkative mood tonight. [>:]

Hope all is going well with school and with work...

Not looking to good for me flying this weekend though..supposed to be really cold..not even out of the 30's...I can still fly in that, if I do short bursts like last time, and then warm up in the car...

So we'll see...hope you can get some more nice weather and flying in this week and weekend.

Take care,

Glenn
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry to hear that you might have a cold and that you had a bad day at work.

Yeah school it going great. I have 9 days left in this quarter and then I get two weeks off. Work has been better since black friday, but it is still stressfull.

There is supposed to be an inch of snow tomorrow and be in the teens, so I don't know if I will be able to fly in that. And I haven't checked what the weather is supposed to be like the rest of the week. I might need to get the shovel out and scoop off my little patio just so I can go fly.

Hope you have a better day at work tomorrow and get some warmer weather soon.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Evan T.

heres some pics crappy quality though
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48425.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1083066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71335.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1083067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep85871.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1083068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wn86802.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1083069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rq16196.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1083070  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Cool to see your B400 and CX2.

Nick
Old 12-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Evan T.

Thats one of my reptiles hes a bearded dragon named Auzie lol
Old 12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Evan T.

and heres my realy crappy video i wish i had a camera
Old 12-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Evan T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PATOojehkLI
Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Now I think I know why my idle up functions weren't working correctly (I think)... Remember when I took the Jazz out and put in the CC 45 amp esc ? And the CC esc wouldn't arm, because it was seeing that there was a throttle input or whatever ? And I had to increase my throttle adjustments to a higher value, and then the CC esc finally armed and it all worked from there ? Well as you remember, I bumped that throttle travel adjust to 150% and forgot to go back and just put it enough to where the CC esc saw it then... So this whole time it was at a 150% throttle travel adjust... I'am working on it right now decreasing it, until the CC esc sees it and will arm without having it be at 150%...LMAO... I think it confused something when it came to where my values were at or something....

Also.... After 10 months of flying my heli with the Microheli head components on my Trex 450 guess what I find ? Those different holes on the mixer arms offer different settings for either a mild setting or a wild setting... Well... One was in the outer hole, while the other side was in the innerhole...LMAOOOO...! So much for paying attention to the details eh ?!... It is the holes on the side of the mixer arms where the link goes from the swash to the mixer arm... You can see in the pics below... Crazy crap huh ?! No wonder I might have had a problem turning the heli one way more than the other trying to learn... One side was set for a wild setting, while the other was set to a mild setting. Not to mention it probably screwed everything else up...LOL... I'am in the process right now, with testing along with some resources I have in finding which setting is for the wild set-up. I also increased my swash settings from 57% to 75% for an increase in cyclic throw. My intentions are that very very soon, I'am going to attempt a backflip... I figured it was time to get some new CF blades anyway...LMAO... So I'am going over a lot of stuff on the 450 currently...

Also........ On my last flight where ya saw me zooming around at those higher speeds, after the flights later on a postflight check of the heli my little screw that is on the tail pitch slider was just about ready to fall out, and the tail pitch assembly was very loose, and also I was missing 2 teeth on the belt...Yikes there... Good thing I didn't run another pack through that day...

Alright, back to the 450.... I've been practicing on G4 for those backflips the last 2 days also... I'am going to start putting in an hour or so on G4 a day no matter what just for flying in general... I'd try the multiplayer, but I don't want to hassle with getting booted all the time, as it disrupts what I'am trying to concentrate on... But I might try here and there when you guys are on-line sometimes. If ya see me come and go, its because I'am getting booted...LOL...

Take care,

~ Jeff

Its the links going from the swash to the mixer arms... On the left-side of the pics... I turned the rotor so ya can see that each one is in a different hole....

Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 PM
J-MICHAEL

Evan ~

Great pics....! They turned out just fine... I watched your video and that is cool ! Who cares if the video quality isn't that great, at least we can see you fly... Excellent job ! Keep them coming, that way we can see your progress, ans sometimes filming will help ya push your limits a bit also....

Take care ....

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.