Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick ~

Also what do you like to have your timing set for on the Castle Esc's ? I'am going to hook mine up to the computer and go through the settings again, and was thinking of taking it out of the standard timing, to the high timing option... Still unsure, but I think I might....

~ Jeff
Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Evan T.

thanks for the kind words but that vid is kinda gay i wish i had some one to film it so i could fly around a little and show yall what i can do but oh well i will have my dad do that when i get my new motor hopefully im home when they deliver it so i dont end up having to go pick it up unless they dont do that with things this small
Old 12-03-2008, 12:08 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Let us know if the ATV's were the cause of the idle up problem and which hole is for the wild and mild setup.

I bumped up my swashmix to 100% today when I did my flips. It helped out a lot. I also tried to do a loop, but it ended up with me trying not to crash.

Good thing for post flight checks. I always do a quick pre-flight check before every flight. I have ended up finding things that could have ended up in a crash.

Have fun on G4.

If I remember right the timing is on the Default for all my helis. I kind of want a power meter to check and see what the efficiency is with each setting.

Nick
Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

Nice vid. It looks like you have a good place to fly.

Nick
Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Evan T.

Nick

you to nice vid i finaly watched it thats really cool i wish i could do that lol i wish i had a flying b400 right now even more
Old 12-03-2008, 12:37 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

Thanks. You will get there some day it just takes time and practice. I have been flying for over a year with usually 3 flights every good day. And now that I have the Gaui I am getting about 10 flights a day, so that should help speed up my progress. I also have countless hours on the sim.

Nick
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Great job on the video...very cool to see ya fly the B400!

Hope you get the motor in time for the weekend...

You are doing great with the hovering so far, keep posting the vids for us, we are always interested....I liked your iPod touch unboxing vid too...reminds me of when I first got mine....

Thanks for posting, I'm sure everyone enjoyed it!

Glenn
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Evan T.

That was last year my voice was a little different then lol night guys
Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

Talk to you tomorrow.

I am going to give the Belt CP another chance. I want to start trying what I do on the Gaui with a 450 sized heli and I would rather crash the Belt CP than my Trex 450. I already put in DS285's, a 9650, and my GY240. I need another receiver, so I will probably go with an AR6100 instead of spending the extra money on a AR6200. I need to go over the heli since I put it together pretty quick after the last crash with it. I just need some blades for it.

Nick
Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 AM
evdreamer

I just put on a T-Rex 450 canopy on the Belt CP and it fits, so that should really help protect my batteries unlike the stock plastic canopy.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 AM
JPEE

Hi Evan,

You should be very proud of the Heli fleet you have started at your age. I must share with you also that watching your great video that it is NOT the quality of the video it is the CONTENT and yours is great! You have some great hovering going on there Mr. You have flown your 400 and logged more hours without a crash than I ever did. I had the miss thought that if I can fly the Cx2 I can go out and fly the 400........................boy oh boy was I wrong and did it cost $$ to learn thast lesson, NOPE collective Heli's are quite different from a CX2. Just remember don't "RUSH" it good things will all come in time!

Well Done.........JPee
Old 12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
JPEE

MONDAY

Hello Group,

Well I just got done re-working # 402 for its WAG. It is now kinda funny..........at some point you have to laugh or go nuts-so. The only

thing I had not tried yet was a belt and tail box replacement. Just finished a re-work with a all new tail box complete, a new

belt, and a second new boom......with no success..... again. HE...HE... HE... HAH...HAH...HAH! There I feel better already laughing this

mess off.

My next plan will be to replace tail servo. If that fails then after using all new servos, motor, ESC, RX I would be left no choice but to

assume one of the new parts I tried was defective in the bag. So I will start stipping #401 my daily flier and use those parts.

Glenn, I tried a 2200 mAh battery.....no results accept she shot for the moon straight up.

JPee

Please don't send your sentiments or good tidings, but rather send money so I can send this pup into the LHS LMFFFAO!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 PM
evdreamer

Here is my beater 450 heli. I just need some blades or use some Align woodies with spacers and set the pitch, and clean up the wires and I am done. I can't believe how much slop the swashplate has, but I just need it to try new tricks on a 450 sized heli before I go to the Trex 450 and 600. I also got a frame for the CPP, so I will fix that today. I might fly it every once in awhile.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76145.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1083424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65133.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1083425  
Old 12-03-2008, 06:05 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I think that would be cool if you brought back the Belt CP...like you said, it's no biggie if you crash it trying new stuff...as long as the batteries survive OK with the fiberglass canopy.

Since I got the 500, I have become alot more brave with the B400. It also helped that I had a major crash/rebuild, and that makes me a little less careful than I used to be with the 400's. I think it really helps someone's flying alot if they are not terrified of crashing...which is the stage I am at with the 500....I really, really, don't want to crash that heli!! Not for a while at least!

JPEE,

Good luck with the tail servo swap...let us know how ya make out with that. I guess after that, if that doesn't do it , you'll need to start substituting parts from the good flying 401, to narrow it down some.

Evan,

LOL, yeah, I can imagine your voice is a bit different now. Hope your motor makes it in time for the weekend, so you can fly again. You are doing very well for your first flights with the B400, especially with no crashes so far.

Heli,

What's new?

Carl,

Bet ya can't wait until Christmas!

Jeff,

I gotta go back and read your post, only had a minute at work to glance at it...

Glenn
Old 12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

The T-Rex fiberglass canopies are pretty tough. The one in the picture is from my last crash with the T-Rex and it is still in one piece and fits the Belt CP just fine. This time I will also try and add velcro to help keep the battery in one place.

Yeah that is why I will practice everything new on the Gaui, then move to the Belt CP, then to the T-Rex 450, then eventually to the 600. By then the chance of me crashing should be pretty low.

Nick
Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Evan T.

well thanks guys i appreciate it and JPEE the reason im doing better than the normal beginer is because i had the cpp and that helped me alot with the b400 because i was expecting it to be kinda hard to fly just like the cpp was and so i was ready to take the challenge and plus i flew the cx2 4 times every day for 3 months and got to where i could do small funnels in the house. that just made me think why dont i make a cx2 vid lol i'll try but i think all my batteries are bad so prob not and i havent flown it in a long time so idk

Nick that looks like a cool belt cp i hate the stock canopy dont you and the trex parts make it look pretty lol
Old 12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Evan T.

i kinda wish i still had my cpp and didnt get out of helis for that short period of time oh well
Old 12-03-2008, 06:42 PM
J-MICHAEL

OMG.... I just did my first backflip guys ! I about crapped myself... I even was missing 2 teeth on the belt, but didn't want to waste a new belt, as I though I would crash ! I'll download a video later, and catch up what has been going on here...

~ Jeff
Old 12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
JPEE

Hey Jeff, congradulations!

Next time let me know ahead of time and I'll send up a box of "old peoples DEPENDS" so you don't crap yourself again LAMOOOOOO

JPee
Old 12-03-2008, 07:01 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Yeah I am not a fan of the stock canopy. It is kind of hard working on a cheap heli after I have been working on T-Rex's and Gaui for awhile.

You can have my CPP at a discount. LOL

Jeff,

Cool to hear you did a back flip.

Nick
Old 12-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Evan T.

jeff,

congrats wat were you flying the 450
Old 12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

CONTRATULATIONS!![sm=thumbup.gif]

I was sooo close to trying just that last Sunday, but I ran out of daylight before I could find a place to do one where there wasn't anyone around...

I know the feeling after doing my first one, and it's awesome! Of course, I crashed on my second, by being stupid, but it was worth it anyways.

We definately have to see the vid soon!!

Glenn

Old 12-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Evan T.

i can flip it on g4 at the lhs lol i wish i had g4
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I can imagine working on the Belt CP might be a step backwards after the Align and Gaui helicopters....I get the same feeling when I work on the B400 lately....lol

I think that's another reason I'm not so afraid of crashing the B400's, they are mostly plastic, and pretty cheap to rebuild...compared to what the 500 is likely to cost when it goes down...

Evan,

Yeah, if you had been flying the CPP all this time, imagine what a pilot you would be now!! Like they say, if you can fly a CPP, you can fly anything! The B400 would seem like a piece of cake to fly now...

Glenn
Old 12-03-2008, 07:18 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

You would love to have G4...you can learn so much from it...

But you were saying you didn't think your PC could run it?

The other popular sim, Phoenix, is also very awesome, and it takes alot less computer power to run, so it will even run on an older PC pretty well.

And, it's cheaper too...

Just a thought. [sm=idea.gif]

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.