Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Tanker's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts
Default RE: The Tanker's Lounge

<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ">scoriop?</span><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ">What's that?</span></div>
Old 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: MAUS45

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear.......what's your name???? I forgot???? LOL I will be 53 soon. Still feel like I am 20. Sounds like you had a good Birthday, except for the memeory thing, HAHA!!!

LOL
Thanks MAUS45
Old 02-25-2012, 11:16 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the mold for tank traps:

I thought of a mold that would be re-usable... or cost-efficient disposable if you know a source:

Popsicle sticks, glued into the pyramid shape, and then painted wityh cooking oil (easy cheap 'parting compound' and it ~would~ make the casting have that odd form-seam look around the edges.

If anyone wants me to show ya how, I can whip one up along the specs listed above: 3' square base by 4' high, scale would be 2.25" square by 3" tall (3/4" to the foot is 1/16) and whip one out from the railroad hydroscale stuff I have laying about.

For reference, the popsicle sticks I save for craft wood (most will be used for the planking on my bridges) measure 3/8" wide, 4 1/2" long w/ rounded ends (4" if ya lopped the ends) & about 1/16" thick.

With Pythagorean Theorem being A sq. + B sq. = C sq., that would be (1.125x1.125) + (2.25x2.25) = CxC; (1.265625) + (16) = (6.328125), so sq. root = 2.5155765" (chopped) or 2 & 33/64" (close enough not to matter) so would take 6.7 'planks' of popsicle to make each side, bottom to top.

Anyone want me to make a sample?

WhiteWolf
Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 PM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This Daytona race is giving me flashbacks. This what I used to do managing the [link=http://www.youtube.com/user/ncnascar]league[/link]and virtual racing before RC Tanking.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Panther F

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: dlobmwm3

This Daytona race is giving me flashbacks. This what I used to do managing the [link=http://www.youtube.com/user/ncnascar]league[/link]and virtual racing before RC Tanking.

This has been the most bizarre 3 day race weekend I think I have ever seen! Now the Jet-Dryer's crashed and on fire! And Dave Blaney could win the Daytona 500! [X(]

~ Jeff
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 PM
tapkoote

Wild, at least a Ford won the Daytona 500
tap
Old 02-28-2012, 05:37 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol at nascar...they just started useing fuel injection and electronic ingnition...in 2012!!!.......go back to using real stock cars as a base and I might spent some time watching rolling billboard racing....

I have decided on making my tigien tiger into the team loaner....Just ordered a wsn hollow tiger 1 for the upper and a dbu.....figure I will make it a F05 copy just for fun.

http://alejandropascucci.blogspot.co...minado_29.html
Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
BIGMIG

Well winter is back............Two weeks ago i had the lawn mower out cutting some of the grass and working on the yard.Today it has been snowing most of the day and looks like it will all night.[:-]

BIGMIG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz29867.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1733749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr21623.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1733750  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
mustclime

lol....I found some ice trays in the dollar store last night...I am going to try to make some dragons teeth with some quickcreat......I figure that they will not be tall enought so after they harden I will pull them out of the mold and stick some ducttape around the edges and mix up another batch and make them taller that way...I give this a 50% chance of working... and if it does, I can make them 24 at a time....
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Panther F

I gave my dogs baths today, think I snapped something in my wrist doing so and it's swelling now. []

So much for working on tanks today. Think maybe I'll take a nap. LOL

~ Jeff
Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

these tanks are beautiful if only i could afford one hey do they make money working in europe...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-ZC...yer_detailpage
Old 03-02-2012, 02:28 AM
Panther F

It's amazing what a nap and a handfull of painkillers will do! Wrist is still swollen though.

So, when my M16 showed up, bought batteries and took the wife out to AppleBees I started feeling better. Haven't checked out the halftrack yet but now I can't wait to get my latest acquisition ... a HOOBEN Elefant.

That's gonna be cool.

~ Jeff
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 AM
mustclime

Well , the icecube dragens teeth looked ok but were to short....I tried to extend the mold with some duct tape but you loose the hard corner edges.....Ihave anotheridea though...I think I am going to cut up another icecube tray and use it to extrnd the mold......The trick is to make sure the mold( tray) stays flexable.....thinking shoegoo will do the trick....
Old 03-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Panther F

I wish I had the time and the room for such battlefield items. Must be nice.

~ Jeff
Old 03-02-2012, 09:39 AM
mustclime

throw something away.....thats how I make room.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Panther F

The local Library was having a book sale this weekend and I picked up one on WWI Weapons by William Dooly for $1.00 and one about Daring Missions of WWII by William Breuer for only $2.00.

Cleaned up the hobby room and made some space on the bench for more projects, and to finish one too. []

Then finally played with the M16 and it's 16 batteries, boy what crappy controls on the transmitter. Trying to trim them out only leads to crossing the gimbals up. Thank gawd I have a set of electronics set aside for this little jewel.

Just hope it doesn't turn into a 3 year build.

~ Jeff
Old 03-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Green Amphibian

Jeff,

Hate to tell you this, but build time is mostly up to the builder! Don't ask me how I know this either.

Herman<br type="_moz"/>
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 PM
BIGMIG

I have been reading the thread ( Question to the respected brand Tamiya ).
Not being a Tamiya owner and the thread asking the why's and whynot's as to specific models being produced,i can comment here as to a few replys that were posed there as this thread is put here for this purpose and does not interfear with that thread.

Not posting anything here for the purpose of starting a HLTamiya war,as there has been enough of them in the past and this is just my own viewpoint and opinion.

I have been here more than five years and have seen a lot of members come and go,which is typical i think for any hobby.A big share of us here didn't just start out with RC tanks,we were into other types of the RC hobbies that is closely related leading up to the RC tanks.

( going to load this much as this site is acting strange as late and will edit to continue on )

Way back when i first started posting "I' like many others just starting out asked the question "why do tamiya tanks cost so much".?
A simple question realy for those who are trying to find out about the different models and the cost of them along with some who try to find out the good and bad about some of the different brands and models.Simple mabebut can turn into a real war zone fast.

Again let me state that is not my point here.I will not argue the quality of the Tamiya kits allthough i have never seen one other than on this forum in pictures posted.But then i can say the same thing about a Rolls Royce car.

But anyone here should still be able to state that they think that the cost is to much for a Tamiya model toy tank as just a general statement with out coming under attack by those who think they are a bargin.For a lot of people even the cheapest one of the models is a big chunk of change and may not just be the fact it is beyond their means,it is they may put a different value on their dollar and what it took for them to make that dollar.Thats just life and the way it is and nothing wrong with that.

( post this and edit to continue )

A few posts there refers to people whinning about the cost of a Tamiya tank.I would not call someone who says they think they cost to much a (Whinner ) they are just stating their opinion and feel they are not worth what they cost (to them).Here again it may be how they value their dollar compaired to the cost of the model.

Because people shop around and look for the best buy and try to get the best deal on an item (no mater what it is ) is to me just being a smart shopper and using good common sense.It dosen't meen you are a cheap person,just meens you try to get the most bang for your buck.I know there are members here who have to struggle sometimes to try to get some of these hobby items and i sure as hell don't look down my nose at them......Been there myself many times.One of my goals here has allways been to try and help those on a tight budget find a good deal when ever i could.

Pick any forum here on RCU,don't care which one and you are going to find a few in every one of them who insist ( they have the best,only buy the best,only use the best,and every thing else is junk )............(what ever the hell the best is.? ) Kind of sometimes makes me wonder what they see when they look in a mirror and what they think they see looking back at them.It shure don't apear to me that those people inhance the hobby,as i feel it works the other way and runs potential members off.

I can tell those people straight out that on this forum had it not been for the cheaper HL tanks i would have never got started in RC tanks.I can pretty much guess that would also apply to many others here when they started out no matter what they may have progressed to now.I know for me it got me interested enough to buy over 42 different models of various scales.

I have no doubt that if it was not for the combination of the HL owners and also the numerous other military vehicles built here and if it was dependent on just Tamiya products this would be a very dead forum.Just go look around and see what you find in the way of tank forums.If you can go to a forum and read everything posted in the previous 12 hours in five minutes it's not much of a forum.

BIGMIG

P.S. Can i afford to buy a Tamiya tank (hell yes i can ) but to me they are not worth what they cost.(but thats me and just my opinion..and the value on my dollar ) Very simple........
Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Green Amphibian

Jeff,

Hate to tell you this, but build time is mostly up to the builder! Don't ask me how I know this either.

Herman<br type=''_moz''/>

Duh. And you know this how? In the whole 3 you have built?

If you don't know, don't say. Good advise.

~ Jeff
Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Received this from someone in my old Mr Major's family this morning. Figured it would give you lads a giggle.

How to wash a toilet

This was simply too much of a time saver not to share it with you

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2 Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid.
You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds.
Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times.
This provides a 'power-wash' and rinse'.

6. Have someone open the front door of your home.
Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom,
And run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Name:	Mk27150.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1734933  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:29 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh yeah, forgot to include the signature.

Sincerely,

Fred Dog

Name:	Ki20364.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1734934  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

It had been snowing for two days, bleak, grey and windy. Then yesterday morning it was beautiful! Clear and sunny, though a bit cold, -14F, it looked like a good day to be outside. Two days of watching snow blow by sideways gets old fast.<div></div><div>I have a saying, &ldquo; If the snow is not good for tanking, it must be good for skiing.&rdquo; &ldquo;And vise versa.&rdquo; Well, yesterday was a ski day, because a tank would have sunk out of sight. Powder and sunshine, yeeee haaaa.</div><div></div><div>I got in 23,070 vertical feet having a blast with my daughter. We skied together all day in one of those times we will both remember all our lives. She is growing up so fast, I love the times we have together like yesterday. Too bad she thinks RC tanks are lame. My son loves them. Go figure.</div><div></div>

Name:	Yw67897.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1735067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75742.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1735068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62876.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1735069  
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 AM
mustclime

Man, the weld lines on the e50 are driving me nuts.....Trying to roll green putty into ropes and put it into the seams.....there has got to be a better way. I use a ton of water and it still sticks to everything.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 AM
mustclime

anotheriron sky trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

movie comes out next month........
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Panther F

Power washer is down already so I had to "hand scrub" the whole side of my house today. It's the more Northern side where the sun don't shine and for some reason this year green mold or moss started forming in spots. After 14 years you'd think ...

Anyway, that was fun! Can you say "My shoulders are on FIRE!!!!"

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.