Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
bullet69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread

ORIGINAL: symbios24

hallo there im jim i want to ask if there is a guide for newbies like me for rc car servo setup that explains excacty how to do it in here or in another page? i mean how to setup servo from the begin to the end.
i have a ta-05 and try to setup servo but it always steer by it self always i must steer it to fix his course thank you

p.s. all the turnbackles are weel configured.
You may have to adjust the trim on your transmitter. Drive it slowly in a straight line and adjust the steering trim till the car travels in a straight line hands off. This should give a good,straight run.If this doesn't help,check that you have both sides of your suspension set up the same,as this wil cause the car to self steer also.

Good luck.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Mad Fox

dont forget to centralise the steering servo before putting the servo arm in place and fitting the steering coupling, this is easy to do, just switch on the transmitter then the reciever with the steering servo connected and let it centralise, then finish the build as per the instructions and then do what bullet69 has suggested.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:03 AM
mkoresh12

ORIGINAL: southturn

So would the mamba max 7700 be a good start.
That would be a good start. But remember, just because you get a mamba ESC your not limited to Mamba motors. What type of speeds are you looking to hit?
Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
adrictan

Just bought a TA05 IFS-R today. The manual seems to indicate that the Pinion Gear is available seperately? Is it true? The stock spur is 107T right? What's the current best Pinion/spur ratio for better aaceleration? I'm putting in 18T Team Orion motor, Futaba MC330CR ESC, Futaba R203HP digital servo and Futaba S9551 servo.

Thanks in advance for replies.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:58 AM
adrictan

Sorry. Are TA05 parts compatible with TA05 IFS-R models?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 AM
southturn

AS Fast as i can make it run.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:11 AM
southturn

ORIGINAL: mkoresh12

That would be a good start. But remember, just because you get a mamba ESC your not limited to Mamba motors. What type of speeds are you looking to hit?
As fast as I can get it to run.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:29 PM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: adrictan

yep
Old 05-26-2008, 09:20 PM
mkoresh12

As fast as I can get it to run.
Looking at the specs the Novak motor may be faster. The novak is rated at 10,500rpm/volt. If I remember correctly the mamba motors are rated as they are labeled, ie 7700 is 7,700rpm/volt. I just looked on the Castle creations site and they recommend only using 2s lipo with the higher rated motors. I think there is a brushless thread that may be able to give you better information than me. I know there is a Mamba thread, I'm sure those guys can tell you what kind of speed they are getting. I know some have sucessfully used the mamba esc with the novak motors as well.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
adrictan

No replies?

Just bought a TA05 IFS-R today. The manual seems to indicate that the Pinion Gear is available seperately? Is it true? The stock spur is 107T right? What's the current best Pinion/spur ratio for better aaceleration? I'm putting in 18T Team Orion motor, Futaba MC330CR ESC, Futaba R203HP digital servo and Futaba S9551 servo.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:29 AM
rcluke

No replies?

i did reply to you earlier, yes the TA-05 parts are compatible with the IFS.

The 04 module or 64dp gearing is better than the standard tamiya gearing.

The surface you are racing on determines which gear ratio you need.

but remember, smaller pinion = more acceleration, larger pinion = more top end speed.

You will enjoy this chassis !!

any more questions, fee; free to ask.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:26 AM
adrictan

I went Taroda after work today. The guys there were pretty nice and spare parts quite comprehensive.

Anyone here has assembled his TA05 IFS-R? Wanted to assemble mine just now but after putting the motor mount to the chassis, the next step needs cement which I didn't buy. So I ended up doing the TRF damper shocks only. Sucks...

Somemore the 1st pg also indicates must cut 3 parts of the chassis to prevent the belt from hitting them. I don't have dremel. Can don't cut away?

Anyone can help?
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 PM
rcluke

I went Taroda after work today. The guys there were pretty nice and spare parts quite comprehensive.

Anyone here has assembled his TA05 IFS-R? Wanted to assemble mine just now but after putting the motor mount to the chassis, the next step needs cement which I didn't buy. So I ended up doing the TRF damper shocks only. Sucks...

Somemore the 1st pg also indicates must cut 3 parts of the chassis to prevent the belt from hitting them. I don't have dremel. Can don't cut away?

Anyone can help?
you dont need a dremel to cut out parts.

why do you need cement for the build (you do realise that it is just super glue)
Old 05-27-2008, 12:35 PM
adrictan

So should I sand both parts or just use super glue?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:52 PM
adrictan

My 2 problems. Basically is where exactly to cut and how much to cut. And also whether or not to apply the rubber cement to the Diff plate and diff joint or just sand paper as recommended in many forums.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
mkoresh12

Odd that you need to cut to avoid belt rubbing. I haven't noticed any problems with mine and I didn't cut it. The diff doesn't appear to be the d-cut type thats on mine. Check your actual parts, see if the plate has a D or if its actually totally round. If its a D you won't need to glue. Seems odd that they would change something like that. Is it a one-way diff?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:19 PM
jaws1

hiya, been reading all 15 pages of this TA05 forum and i must sat i m impressed, now i need some answers

do you know where i can get spares for it, i want UK based, and links pls

any options parts, uk based and links pls

if i were going to buy this car for club racing(TA05-IFS, horz mount front suspension), what will be the first upgrade on this car only, i already have quality radio, servo, motors, speedos, etc so no worries abt electrics.

tamiya website is limited info compared to other website so like to know if drive cups, dogbone is metal, i hope they are not plastic

cheers
Old 05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
adrictan

Odd that you need to cut to avoid belt rubbing. I haven't noticed any problems with mine and I didn't cut it. The diff doesn't appear to be the d-cut type thats on mine. Check your actual parts, see if the plate has a D or if its actually totally round. If its a D you won't need to glue. Seems odd that they would change something like that. Is it a one-way diff?

The parts are as per stated in the manual.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:37 AM
rcluke

So should I sand both parts or just use super glue?
instead of rubber cement for them diff parts, use the glue from a bicycle innertube repair kit.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: jaws1

hiya, been reading all 15 pages of this TA05 forum and i must sat i m impressed, now i need some answers

if i were going to buy this car for club racing(TA05-IFS, horz mount front suspension), what will be the first upgrade on this car only, i already have quality radio, servo, motors, speedos, etc so no worries abt electrics.

tamiya website is limited info compared to other website so like to know if drive cups, dogbone is metal, i hope they are not plastic

cheers
hi mate,

you can get loads of spare parts from www.rcmart.com (not UK based, it's in hong kong, but it is really cheap and reliable.

you can also get the hop-up parts from rcmart.com

I would get the Tamiya TRF shocks if I were you (or get the TA-05IFS R to start with, it has lots of hop-up parts already included.

I have the new Tamiya drive shafts on mine which are the metal ones, the Precision ones are also good.

good luck with it mate.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 AM
rcluke

cheers
here is a UK based site for you mate

http://www.brockmodels.com/index.php...8862654ca1e325
Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
jaws1

cheers rcluke

do you have to pay the custom and handling charge when you get parts from rcmart, if so roughly how much

where would you find this TA-05IFS R in UK

are you saying that the dogbone and cups are plastic in standard car, can you confirm it
Old 05-28-2008, 10:33 AM
rcluke

cheers rcluke

do you have to pay the custom and handling charge when you get parts from rcmart, if so roughly how much

are you saying that the dogbone and cups are plastic in standard car, can you confirm it
nope, no customs charges from rcmart

i havent got a clue about finding one in the UK, you would be better off getting it from asia.

I can't tell you about the drive cups, because i don't have standard ones on mine, they were changed when i got it
Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 AM
rcluke

where did you get your IFS R from ?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:43 AM
jaws1

ORIGINAL: rcluke

cheers rcluke

nope, no customs charges from rcmart

i havent got a clue about finding one in the UK, you would be better off getting it from asia.

I can't tell you about the drive cups, because i don't have standard ones on mine, they were changed when i got it
are you serious about no custom or handling charge, i ll defo have a look to it, i recently receive parts from tower hobbies and i got charged for it, how long does it take for rcmart to deliver

cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.