Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:16 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE ~

Dang... Glad ya finally found your wagging issue... Geez...! That 400 almost had ya "owned" huh ?!... Now ya probably have enough extra parts to build another 400...LMAO... No go build that 500...... I swear I think I could build another 500 just from all the extra parts I have now...LMAO... Darn near replaced every component and screws with the 500 CF... I think all I need is the frames and landing skids, and I'am about there for another minus the electrics of course... Even got the extra canopy... I'am starting to think on maybe why not ?!...

~ Jeff
Old 12-04-2008, 01:23 AM
J-MICHAEL

The 500 is great, I just wish I had more time to fly it...maybe this weekend

Glenn ~

Geez....... Our 500's are just a memory now eh ?!...... You have stormy weather, I got sucked back into my 450... I guess its up to JPEE to throw some excitment around as far as the 500 is concerned... I'am loving thr 450 right now, as now I fly it like I stole it... Boy, after flying the 500 and seeing how heavy it is, I can't imagine what's gonna break on it as there so dang big and heavy...LMAO.. The mountainside will rattle from the impact if I wrecked it...LOL..! I dunno.... Its gonna be hairy I'am thinking when we have a wreck with one of those...I guess we'll see in time... Hopefully not though... We'll let JPEE try it first, and see what happens...LMAO...

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 AM
JPEE

Jeff,

Yea for an old Fart I am like a junk yard dog, I don't let go EVER! Hells Bells, it is just some plastic and metal some yay-hoo put together, I mean really how hard can it be., it is just time consuming...........at my age I dont that to spare for stupid stuff like this he he he he he.......

Jeff I don't know if I ever made clear the point I have 3 Blade 400s. When I bought my first one and saw all of the moving parts I thought, my goodness how will I ever rebuild it with out manual. So I bought for 100.00 a ARF complete air frame less electrics. Then later I bought all of the electrics, less the servos which I have the stock ones from my new 400 which were replaced with Hitec's. I just never put it together so the parts are in the drawer. Then I bought the 3rd 400 from EBAY on sweeeeeeet deal complete but not running. The other owner had had some bumps and hits with it and had put it together wrong and could not get it fly. So I have two flyable and one on the shelf still as a mockup when I need to check something out. However after this complete tear down to every screw I know my 400's in and out.

Still wating to see the 450 flip? Well done young man

JPee
NO JEFF YOU TRY IT FIRST........INTO THE HILLSIDE YOU GO LADDIE
Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 AM
J-MICHAEL

Here's the video... The lighting was bad during the attempt, but you can see the end result a little... I even took up a plastic bag up to the top of the property thinking it was going to end in a crash... But I came down with the bag empty...[8D] I'am thinking I may have done some improper stick movements also... It seemed like it didn't completely flip inside its own axis like I had thought it would... More practice....

Watch in high quality or ya won't see nothing but bluriness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3W9q2ErzJc

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 12-04-2008, 01:54 AM
JPEE

By gum kid ya did it! A good size flip and some real hotdog fast flying too!

JPee
Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

Nice flip. You got me beat on the 450. I still don't feel comfortable yet to try any flips with my 450, so I hope the Belt CP will help me get over those fears. I can't imagine how stable the 450 is compared to the tiny Gaui inverted. I can't flip the Gaui in place, but I don't know if it is the helicopter or my skills. But the 450 seems more responsive and I could probably flip it in place and I don't even have a high headspeed. I still feel a little uneasy about my swash on the Belt CP, but my 450 swash is almost as bad now. Once again congrats you must feel great after accomplishing the flip.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Carljw

Here is a photo of my fleet and one with the T500 and DX6i in my Plano SE44 case.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25255.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1083697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78544.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1083698  
Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM
JPEE

Hello Carl,

Thanks for posting the picture.

I only have one question and that is; even with cut to fit foam when being carring the heli will upside down! I would think that doward pressure on the blades or the flaybar and

head would not be good. From the photo, if you put the heli skids down to the bottom hinge side the curviture of the case picks up the curve of rthe canopy thus giving you more

room to snug the heli in and all down ward pressure would be on the skids. I know it is all new and you'll still be playing with it when the foam comes but boy-oh-boy that is real

sweet idea, ya done good Carl.

JPee

timeout 7:30 am.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Carljw

JPEE
ya I had the heli in upside down sorry. I just stuck it in quick for the picture
and never thought about it being upside down lol. The case is thick enough not to
put any pressure any place, thats why I want to get a second piece of fome to but
on the other side. I dont want to mess with it now since the wife got it for me for
Christmas. On HF i guy said he had his T500 and B400 in his not sure how that would
work out, I had my T500 and CPP and MCX in it with the DX6i though.
Once i get it for Christmas I will make some arangment for batterys and spare parts
and a flask. The inside is 8 inches across with it shut and the gear on the T500 is like 6 1/2 so
there is planty of room.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:39 AM
JPEE

Carl,

Very cool, again I must say WHAT A DEAL! That will come out really well.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:43 AM
evdreamer

Carl,

Nice fleet.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 04:54 PM
evdreamer

I started my winter flying today with snow on the ground and 20 degree weather and it ended up with the Gaui crashing into the snow. I really have to start practicing higher, but I prefer flying near the ground. It only needs a new crown gear and spindle screw. I think I found out why the Gaui's motor was bogging down so much. It was from too much pitch. So I lowered the swashmix for that by 5% and that helped a lot, so I will try lowering it 5% more.

I tried putting some of my Align woodies on the Belt CP, but the spindle sticks out to far and the root is too long on the blades. So I will have to wait for the Belt CP blades to get here before I fly it. I spooled it up last night and every thing is working fine.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:06 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Carl,

Nice pics of your fleet, I didn't know you had that many helicopters. The case looks like it will work very well also, especially considering the price.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Nick,

Cool that you started your winter flying

Glad that the Gaui crash was a minor one, they are pretty tough in minor crashes. I too tend to fly too low, that is why I was having so much fun at the one baseball field, because I finally got up and flying high up like I should be.

Too bad on the blades for the Belt CP, guess you will have to wait a little while to fly it.

What do you use to keep you hands working in 20 degree weather? Gloves with the tips cut off?

My weather is looking OK for the weekend, just cold. I am going to try to fly as much as I can stand the cold.

Jeff,

Nice backflip vid...like my vid, the lighting was kinda bad, but we can see for sure that you pulled it off!!

Looks like you had alot of room for error there, which is a very good idea.

I have to agree, it would be pretty scary to see the 500 plow into the ground, after seeing and feeling it's heft...I don't know if there would be any such thing as a "minor" crash with a 500...

Glenn
Old 12-04-2008, 06:09 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

When are we shelving that problem child, and starting the REAL HELI build?? LOL!!!

Glad your persistence paid off for ya...servos are strange and kinda mysterious devices....and can play tricks on ya...still to this day don't know why the one Align servo on the 500 "cycles" like it does...but it seems to do no harm...

Let us know when you open the 500 box...

Glenn
Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Carljw

JPEE
Get that box open and getr done. The worst part of the build for me was the landing gear.
Those tiny screws and nuts and you got to be double jointed to get them started. then it was a pain getting those rubber tips on the end of the skids.
4 servos and a gyro and i will be done. The wife told me she would get me one on the list
hope its the gy401.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah I fixed the Gaui in 30min and was back out flying again. It is an extremely fun heli. I had to do an emergency landing again since I lost some power. After I checked the heli over the pinion slipped down. That might be part of my power problem if it was doing that the whole time. I ordered a 15x10T pinion last night, so that will be fun to test out.

I just use light gloves with the tips in place. I don't really feel the cold until my flight is over. When I got done with my last flight of the day my mom said it was 5 degrees outside. Fun times.

I started doing some inverted circles today. I was also practicing rainbows and tic tocs in the aileron and elevator direction. Rainbows are pretty fun for how simple they are.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Evan T.

Hey guys guess what I got in the mail today!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
evdreamer

Evan,

Your motor. Have you installed it yet and tested it out?

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 06:52 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

Great news!

Wow, that was very quick!

Glad Horizon came through for you so quickly!

Let us know how it turns out when you get the motor back in...

Glenn
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Sounds like you are having a blast with the Gaui, and learing alot too.

Good thing you found that pinon loose, before it did more damage.

What ist the stock pinion, like 15/9? So the 15/10 would speed up the tail?

Cool on the gloves, I'll have to see if I can find a thin pair like that...mine are super heavy duty down filled ones...no way to fly with those!

I almost tried a flip with the B400 last weekend, but it got too late/dark before I could find a safe enough place to try it.

From your experience, in RL, do you think that the heli would flip like they do in G4? I guess I mean, like you used the term earlier to "flip in place" .....like you can on G4...or would it not work as efforlessly as it does on G4/Phoenix?

For example, I can fly the B400 in Phoenix, which seems underpowered compared to the Trex500, but it will still do a flip "in place" or without making a big loop to finish it...if that makes sense.

I am trying to remember how much room I needed when I did the first sucessful aileron flip that I did with the B400...and how high I would have to be.

I dunno, just tossing around ideas, I guess I won't really know until I try...LOL

Glenn
Old 12-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Evan T.

Haha just kidding LOL I got you huh nice fleet carl
Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah the stock pinion is a 15x9T. And you are correct that the new one will speed up the tail. I want to see if I can get a little more holding power out of it. I also had to decrease my gain today. I think it was because of the cold, but now it is holding great like before.

Yeah it is a smart idea to try a flip in a big area with no one around just in case.

My Gaui, and Trex 450 don't flip in place. With the Gaui I almost have a 100% flatline throttle curve and a 100% on the swashmix. It is kind of close, but doesn't do it. I also ordered some of the smaller flybar weights to test those out. The 450 didn't have as high of a swashmix and not as high of a throttle curve and it was also close. I will have to try the 450 out with a higher swashmix and headspeed. I also think my Belt CP didn't either, but it was setup just like the 450. It mainly depends on the headspeed, swashmix, and weather your motor won't bog down. Even with the first two up high if your motor bogs you will loose altitude and it will be a little off to the side. But since I never flown a B400 before I can't really give a better idea if it will flip in place or not. It sounds like you want to do a flip again pretty soon.

I snapped off the new spindle screw in the Gaui and I have having a difficult time getting it back out.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

It kind of sounds like you are busy, so I don't know if you have seen this on the T-Rex forum or not. It is a link to a really cool flybarless T-Rex 450 that is using a Gaui 450 flybarless head. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8212695/tm.htm

I finally got the spindle screw out. I just used a vise grip and that made it much easier.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well I just took 402 out for a test flight and she flies ok. I had a 2200 pack and I have flown them before and they cause me to re trim the entire heli from a 1800 pack. But I thought I’ll throw in the biggie and she how she handles the power. She did well but the tail still wants to travel cc wise a bit. I tried trimming that out and got it pretty close but I am sure with a re-trim and some tuning I can get that out. Then I tried the 1800 pack and she was more manageable. I did fly her high and did several runs but clearly she was tail heavy and needs to be CG-ed. All in all I am pleased.

Nick,
Sorry to here the Guai took a dive on you. But at least as crashed go it was minor. Rainbows, tic-tocs, circles inverted……….good work! I cannot abide the cold at all! However I do well in the heat or even extreme heat. I cannot fathom being outside flying in that kind of weather, not on a bet!

Glenn,
Your in the boat with Nick, cold and hard to fly but with what you said about the weekends weather you just might get some stick time in I HOPE!

Jeff,
Your mighty quite after making that flip?????

Carl,
Again your carry box is a true find and you have a handsome fleet!

Evan,
What are we going to do with you after playing a joke on us. Well it seems I know a guy who knows a guys at Horizon. So I made a call and asked them if they could HOLD your order until Christmas. Yea right………………
Here is my small little fleet Evan. I attached several copies so it would look like I have more Helis than I do LOL.!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75842.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1083923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48013.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1083924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20890.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1083925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51154.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1083926  
Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out... Yeah I've been busy, as I'am getting ready for the 18 hour drive home here very soon... Maybe even this weekend possibly. So I'am trying to get a lot done.

Glenn ~

As you saw in my video, I wasn't to far up at all. Although you can't see the heli from where I started its still just right there from where you did see it last until the lighting became poor. I held on to the collective to long, and it resulted in more of a loop at the end, but even such, it still didn't need that much room. And if I would have done it right and leveling to center stick much sooner, it would have flipped in its own axis much quicker like the simulator and even needing less room... You should be fine. Your 400 is also much lighter than my Trex in the video which was 841 grams. That's about 250 grams heavier than your 400... Don't brainfart like I did and let off the collective and center it to zero pitch as soon as you pull back on the elevator. I popped the heli up in a hover, and then pulled back on the elevator like in the video, but still had my left stick pumped forward instead of returning it to zero pitch.

I may try to find time to do another one before I leave here with better lighting, and doing it better... We'll see...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.