Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE thanks for the pics of your fleet i like your helis yeah i probably got glenn pretty good lol
Old 12-04-2008, 08:46 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Nice fleet. A guy at my flying field has a Parkzone T-28 and he likes it a lot. I don't remember seeing him fly it because I was too distracted watching the Nitro helis.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
JPEE

Nick,

As you know Heli flying can be fun but stressful too. So a guy here who does both planes and helis talked me into the plane. He said; you fly it and fun and not crash every time out like a heli. He said further that since he got into planes his Heli's were collecting dust. My goal was to have what I call "an easy flier" meaning after a bout with heli and while its motor and esc are colling I could fly the plans and kinda cruise a bit. It was also my forsight to buy a plane that used the same battery packs as the Blade 400's. To buy a plane that requires a different tpye of battery just did not make sense to at all. My trusty guy at the LHS also said this was the largest, easy to see red/white and with its standing elevation from the runway surface it would easy to land...DUH that was no brainer for me. She only ran $160.00 OTD. Like I said, I already have the DX6i and the batteries and I had a extra ar6100e so I was ready to go. Much like my Helis I have flown that plane so far off and cannot see what it is doing, the 2.4 gh and these 6100's are golden in my book.

Great Flying
Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

VERY FUNNY!!!

I kinda thought that you got that motor awfully quick!!

Now I owe you one...LOL...I'll get ya back with a joke some day when you're not expecting it...LOL![sm=omg_smile.gif]

I hope you didn't jinx yourself, and make it not come this weekend...LMAO!!

Glenn
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 PM
rotarydoc

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to detail the flip for me...

I would have tried it last Sunday, I was ready...but no place/time to do it by time I could find a safe place.

When I go to do it again, it will be an elevator flip, since I think that will be easier for me to manage.

When I did my first aileron flip in the video (that you can't see), it kinda went out of control at the end...I think I can judge an elevator flip a bit better, and if I actually stay tail in, it would certainly help too..

Only thing that makes me hesitate is the scarcity of tailbooms...although I think you stated that Heli direct had them in stock. I still have one other new one...just in case.

Nick,

I think I would try to flip the B400 again before the Gaui. I honestly have a hard enough time with it when it gets a little out of shape upright! Plus the B400 has a bigger footprint in the air...and, I know my pitches are correct on the B400...the Gaui is sort of a guessing game with no pitch gauge as you know...

We'll just have to see...especially towards the end of the weekend...

Glenn
Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Guess what Finless is going to make a video of!!

The Gaui 200V2!!!! He said he would never do a video of a 200 sized heli, but he is. He posted about it on the Gaui 200 forum on Helifreak if you were interested.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 11:08 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, that is cool! I'll have to go over there and check it out....

That should be interesting...I would have thought that he would do a Trex 250 vid before the Gaui...

Somewhere I heard/read that he's not a big Gaui fan...in fact, I think he once referred to Gaui's as "junk" or something along those lines...hmmmm...it'll be interesting to see what he has to say...[]

Thanks for the heads up on that!

Glenn

Old 12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Evan T.

haha alright ill be ready for it but maybe not
Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I read Finless's video thread, it'll be interesting for sure!

I wonder if he's going to do the flybarless or the normal version?

I guess we'll see.

I got booted again from G4. Next time I host, I'm going to do the straight to the internet thing...and bypass my router/access point, and shut down my firewall, and see how that does.

It was interesting to see that Larry kept getting booted, but you didn't. It seems like it's only certain people's connections that get booted, like Jeff and JPEE's before.

Oh well, I'll try that next time...to late tonight to do it.

Have fun if you fly tomorrow.

Evan,

Hope your motor REALLY comes in tomorrow!

We need some more vids of your B400 flying again...

Well guys, it's gettin' late over here on the east coast...gotta work in the AM...[sm=redface.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-05-2008, 12:52 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I got booted two times, but it didn't happen right away so I could enjoy flying for awhile.

It would be cool if he did the flybarless version.

I probably won't fly tomorrow since I have to work and go to school, so that will take up most of the day. I might try and get a couple of flights in with the Gaui. I will see how the weather is tomorrow. I put my wooden blades on the T-Rex and I will put my beater canopy on and try and go to the baseball field on Saturday and do some stunts with that. I am pretty sure I won't crash the T-Rex and only one of my three batteries will fit in the Belt CP, so that will be kind of boring. It didn't cause much damage from my last crash kind of like the Gaui. I will wait and see what the weather is like on Saturday.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Nick
Old 12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
evdreamer

I just got back from a test flight with the Align Wooden blades and they aren't that bad. I just need a higher headspeed, but the max HS these blades can handle is 2400RPM's. But it kind of seems like the flip rate is the same as the Gaui right now. But for the fraction of the cost of Carbon's I think they will do just fine. I will have to remember to do stuff up high or I won't be able to recover.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool that you tested the wooden blades...on the Trex 450 I am assuming, since you said the Align blades won't fit the Belt CP? [sm=confused.gif]

I just heard the weather report, and tomorrow is supposed to be kinda cold, but not too bad. Sounds like Sunday is out....winds 25-30..temps in the 30's, wind chill in the 20's...

I am going to look for some thin gloves, and see if I can keep my hands warmer next time. Last time I flew in the mid 30's the only issue I really had was my fingers got pretty cold and slow.

Maybe I'll see about a flip with the B400 tomorrow, it's a distinct possibility that I'll try it. My reasoning is that, this time of year, I'll have an entire week to rebuild it if something goes wrong, no flying for me on the weekdays any more...

I just want to check around for tailbooms, and see if they are still super hard to find.[sm=71_71.gif]

Hey, if you are online later, I want to try G4 with the anti-booting measures that knifedge suggested...[sm=idea.gif]

Glenn
Old 12-05-2008, 07:06 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool that you tested the wooden blades...on the Trex 450 I am assuming, since you said the Align blades won't fit the Belt CP? [sm=confused.gif]

I just heard the weather report, and tomorrow is supposed to be kinda cold, but not too bad. Sounds like Sunday is out....winds 25-30..temps in the 30's, wind chill in the 20's...

I am going to look for some thin gloves, and see if I can keep my hands warmer next time. Last time I flew in the mid 30's the only issue I really had was my fingers got pretty cold and slow.

Maybe I'll see about a flip with the B400 tomorrow, it's a distinct possibility that I'll try it. My reasoning is that, this time of year, I'll have an entire week to rebuild it if something goes wrong, no flying for me on the weekdays any more...

I just want to check around for tailbooms, and see if they are still super hard to find.[sm=71_71.gif]

Hey, if you are online later, I want to try G4 with the anti-booting measures that knifedge suggested...[sm=idea.gif]

Glenn
Hey GBEE,

I have a pair of electrcic gloves by "Witter" along with and electric vest. These are for when I ride my Harley in the winters months. They plug into my battery via a pigtail for a power source. Seems to me you try a pair of the gloves and run a long cord to the Forester for power, then your hands and fingers would be toasty! The gloves are a bit thick but nothing that your probably already used to living in cold country.

Hells Bells I could mail them out for you to ttry if you wan to. I'll show them to you on Skype if you like. Also I have 4 booms on hand should have a need.

JPee
Old 12-05-2008, 11:49 PM
JPEE

Hey Evan
Here is a pic I just took for a guy to show him my two 400's with unbreakable skidds (not the rails) next to my stocker 400

JPee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19043.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1084587  
Old 12-06-2008, 01:18 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yep I was using the T-Rex. It was a little to windy for it, but I am glad that it works since I bought 3 or 4 sets of them awhile back.

Too bad the weather isn't looking good for you anytime soon.

Yeah I will try out G4 if you are still up for it.

Nick
Old 12-06-2008, 01:59 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Looks like G4 worked pretty good tonight, I didn't even do anything to it as far as anti-booting measures.

My best shot is tomorrow, Sunday looks to be out of the question as far as the wind goes.

I got some gloves today, was practicing on the sim with them...they are OK, but I can't control it like I can without them...so maybe I'll just use them right up until I actually fly.

I have been practicing back flips in place on Phoenix with the B400. It seems like I should be able to do it. The B400 in Phoenix seems to have about as much power as my RL B400 does.

I am pretty tired myself. I know you had a long day.

Hope you can get some flying in this weekend.

Your fun fly indoors is every other weekend, right?

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 02:16 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Cool to hear that you didn't even have to disable your firewall and G4 still worked good.

Cool to hear tomorrow will be a good day to fly for you.

Tomorrow isn't looking good with the wind, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if the weather station is correct.

Yep the next Fun Fly isn't until next Sunday.

Nick
Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Carljw

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

Looks like G4 worked pretty good tonight, I didn't even do anything to it as far as anti-booting measures.

My best shot is tomorrow, Sunday looks to be out of the question as far as the wind goes.

I got some gloves today, was practicing on the sim with them...they are OK, but I can't control it like I can without them...so maybe I'll just use them right up until I actually fly.

I have been practicing back flips in place on Phoenix with the B400. It seems like I should be able to do it. The B400 in Phoenix seems to have about as much power as my RL B400 does.

I am pretty tired myself. I know you had a long day.

Hope you can get some flying in this weekend.

Your fun fly indoors is every other weekend, right?

Glenn
Glenn
I had a though LOL I have a pair of Harley leather biker gloves with fingers cut out and was thinking about putting a pair of them thin rubber gloves like the doctors wear under them.
It might work then again the rubber might get cold and make it worse. Its worth a try.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:11 AM
JPEE

Hey Carl,

Want to hear SCARY! My wife said 10 min ago tell Genn and the guys to wear surgical gloves! I said ...well if they are warm then his hands will sweat and make it worse.............jeeez are we on the same page or what?

time out 8:10 am

JPee
Old 12-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Evan T.

surgical gloves would that work? lol
Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn, Nick

Fun flying last night but I was beat and could stay up with you guys.

I am hoping you got to try the 400 flip this morning Glenn, I know you can do it! ! ! And I sincerely hope you took a video. We are all waiting....no pressure though.. lol

JPee

time out 9:03 am.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Yeah it was a lot of fun flying with you and Glenn. We just need more days like that where no one gets booted off.

It was supposed to be pretty windy today, but it isn't that bad. So I think I will take the T-Rex 450 up to the baseball field and see if I can do the same stuff with it that I can on the Gaui.

Hope everyone has good weather to fly.

Nick
Old 12-06-2008, 02:08 PM
evdreamer

I crashed the Gaui again because the servo motor disconnected from the gears on the elevator. This is the 3rd servo that did this. And that stripped my last crown gear. I am not a fan of the HS-45's.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:27 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I DID IT!!

Not once, or twice, but about 8 or 10 times!

I put the "crash canopy" on the B400, and took it up tail wag and all...and just went for it!

I had varying degrees of flips, but for the most part, they are fairly good, for my first ones....

And the best part, the B400 came back in one piece this time!

Got some video, not too great, but you can see it. I had to come back home and get the flip cam, and go back up...I didn't record my very first ones..

I discovered something with the Flip cam...it defaults to the lowest zoom each time you shut it off....so it's not as zoomed in as I was hoping...but I can do more!![sm=omg_smile.gif]

Like you said the other day Nick, it's all about just having the guts to try it...once you "break the seal" so to speak, your confidence soars...[sm=thumbup.gif]

Nick,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad day with the Gaui....is that an internal issue with the servo that you are describing?

Anyways, video to come in a bit!

Glenn
Old 12-06-2008, 04:32 PM
rotarydoc

Oh yeah,

Almost forgot with all the excitement, I flew the 500 twice today as well.

No crashes, or close calls...just took it easy.

Note to JPEE and Carl...it definately takes some getting used to!

I was having a little trouble in two areas...maintaining forward flight, and maintaining altitude. [&o]

No issues with the heli or the way it flies, it's just going to take some getting used to.

I read along time ago that it takes alot more power/throttle to hover a helicopter than it does to keep in forward flight, and that is definately the case here...thus I found myself losing altitude somewhat.

I think it would be better in idle up, but I don't wanna kill my flight times too much yet....

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.